Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

precision posted:

How in poo poo is this show getting bad ratings? :psyduck:

The general TV viewing public are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Major Ricardo posted:

The general TV viewing public are dumb.

But this is the dumbest show I've ever seen. It's just dumb in fantastic ways.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

precision posted:

How in poo poo is this show getting bad ratings? :psyduck:

Variety posted:

Elsewhere, Fox’s 9 p.m. drama “Scream Queens” (0.8 in 18-49, 1.7 million viewers) had a tough second week with double-digit declines from the previous week. The show in its first season proved to be a stronger performer in non-linear platforms than in live airings, given its younger audience.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/ratings/tv-ratings-this-is-us-bull-1201872647/

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I wish Terriers had those bad ratings. We'd be on season 7 by now.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I found this show on Netflix and binged it, and I would love to thank you idiot hookers for reccomending it to me.

Chanel #5 noooo :(:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
No stupid VP debates to get bumped by this time - Scream Queens is back with Episode 3 tonight!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

This is definitely how I felt after the best character was killed off this episode.

Also I loved the line: "You can do that? How do you remove negative space?"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Calling it. It's an elaborate fake out to get out of the wedding.

Chad cannot die.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

bull3964 posted:

Chad cannot die.

God I hope you're right, that sounds plausible as hell

I also realized during this episode that I love Chanel No. 3. Her robotic delivery is only made funnier by the times when she gets really into something for a brief moment.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I really hope Chad isn't dead. They wouldn't do that to us :(

If he is dead then I guess I am ok with the show being canceled after the season is over.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bull3964 posted:

Chad cannot die.

Yeah the thought of him actually being dead didn't even cross my mind. I just laughed out loud. Overly elaborate, blood everywhere, we didn't see him get killed on screen? Definitely getting out of his wedding.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Hester sort of implied that there was already another victim, so I'm assuming Chad's flat out dead.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pan Dulce posted:

Hester sort of implied that there was already another victim, so I'm assuming Chad's flat out dead.

That was actually really weird. She told them there'd already been another death, and then they just cut straight to the wedding. It felt like there was a scene missing or something.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm on the fence and kind of feel like Chad is alive and faked his death like Boone did in S1. Could that mean he is working with Neckbrace?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but just in case he's only listed on imdb as being in 16 episodes total, which would be 13 last season and 3 this season

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

criscodisco posted:

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but just in case he's only listed on imdb as being in 16 episodes total, which would be 13 last season and 3 this season

Kind of see that since he's only listed as recurring this season

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

So now two of the very best characters are dead. I think they are counting on being canceled and just going crazy.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Or nobody is dead, who knows.

I got my mom and sister hooked on this show in season 1, and after the 3rd episode their (northern Indiana) Fox affiliate stopped airing it and instead shows old episodes of Xena in its time slot. Any idea why they would do that? I haven't seen anything about complaints about the show or anything.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
"Ivanka Trump is like Chelsea Clinton from a parallel universe if Hitler won the Second World War."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

This show still has its funny moments, but it's a real step down from season one.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

criscodisco posted:

Or nobody is dead, who knows.

I got my mom and sister hooked on this show in season 1, and after the 3rd episode their (northern Indiana) Fox affiliate stopped airing it and instead shows old episodes of Xena in its time slot. Any idea why they would do that? I haven't seen anything about complaints about the show or anything.

One of our local affiliates, WRAL (NBC), has done that for moral reasons. I think they refused to air a dating related reality show a few years back and they occasionally refuse to air specific episodes. Totally unrelated but our local CBS affiliate preempts, delays, time shifts, day shifts, you name it; Elementary all the time without any notice. My dvr is set to record an extra 60 minutes after and I still end up watching it on Plex about half the time. I don't know what their beef is but they seem to really hate that show.

Also agree this season is a downgrade from S1.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah Season 1 was over the top but had SOME reality grounding it. I guess Ryan Murphy decided to take all of the wacky hijinks out of AHS and transfer it here.

Though the Brokeback Mountain role playing made me laugh.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

The deaths aren't nearly as over-the-top and dramatic. Between Ariana Grande's death, the death recreating the Shining, and the massacre of the frat brothers to a Backstreet Boys song, season one had amazing moments. They also did a handful of callbacks to horror films each episode that were just epic in how detailed they could be.

This season, we have more deaths, but they're just not as funny. The humor isn't as dark and outright insulting in the best of ways anymore.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
This is the only show I watch on Fox - I just found out about it a month ago and binged on the first season. - hopefully this it isn't the last. - If it is the only 2 characters I want see make it through are #5 and Zayday and I hope Grace at least makes a cameo in this season

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Really? Grace?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Just thought it wou;d be nice for her to be in at least one episode.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

She hasn't put anything about Scream Queens in her social media. I'm thinking either they parted on bad terms or she's going to be a surprise guest. Some people think she's the Green Meanie, actually.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Honestly Grace could have been in every episode so far and I'd have never noticed

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Grace, her dad and her creepy BF were the worst parts of Season 1.

I am also super sad Special Agent Denise Hempstall FBI is now gone. She was one of the best parts of the show.

So.. who's the killer?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I hope special agent Denise Hempfield isn't dead - since it happened at the end of the episode we won't know until next week - as she said her heart is good. So I personally think her and #5 are still alive (Johhny 5 is ALIVE!).

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Wow, I'd completely forgotten Grace was even in Scream Queens until you mentioned it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

So.. who's the killer?

It's totally Chamberlain as the son and Nurse Hoffel the mother from the first massacre.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I didn't watch the first season of this show until it was almost over and watched it all within a few days on Hulu. Are all these breaks normal or is it a sign it's on its last legs due to ratings?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's just due to election season and world series.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I don't see any way this gets renewed for a third season unfortunately. I think a 3 week mid-season break is probably going to kill off whatever audience it had left.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

The Remote Viewer posted:

I don't see any way this gets renewed for a third season unfortunately. I think a 3 week mid-season break is probably going to kill off whatever audience it had left.

It's killing me off and I like the show. Admitted the 2nd season is much weaker and losing Chad is a major blow.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

wormil posted:

It's killing me off and I like the show. Admitted the 2nd season is much weaker and losing Chad is a major blow.

Losing Chad AND Denise. I thought they were the strongest members of the cast.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

Losing Chad AND Denise. I thought they were the strongest members of the cast.

Denise got bit tiresome even in season one. Losing Chad is a disappointment, but honestly I wish they'd not brought back any of the same characters. What I thought was going to happen was the same actors were going to play new characters, which sounded like a great idea. The show's still good, but I feel like they don't really have anything new to do with a lot of them because they're fairly shallow characters and we've already seen what they're about.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

New episode tonight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The accent stuff was amazing.

• Locked thread