Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
You can pretty much only get in New Zealand and it's quite expensive but it tastes so refreshing and incredibly good with gin or vodka:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're on the right track, but you've got the scrub-tier fruit. Lemon is what they put in children's drinks. Oranges are edible right off the tree. You want the good stuff, you need to go for the fruits that are so bitter and unpleasant they're normally only used to make liquor.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Fanta Aranciata. My family visited Italy for a few weeks in '87 and this was my drink of choice. My uncle would always sneak a few cans back for my brother and I when he flew back to the states. Doesn't taste anything like Fanta orange we get in the states and the San Pelegrino aranciata you can get here tastes like a mixture spoiled orange juice and piss.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Oct 17, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Boylan's Original Birch Beer

Similar to root beer, but not as sweet and with a cooling menthol taste.

Apple Beer

It's real good. Appley and fizzy, like a fizzy apple.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

You're on the right track, but you've got the scrub-tier fruit. Lemon is what they put in children's drinks. Oranges are edible right off the tree. You want the good stuff, you need to go for the fruits that are so bitter and unpleasant they're normally only used to make liquor.

Came to post this. Pleased it was already here.

If out of print sodas are on the table: Mr. Green was awesome and they should have never cancelled it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Jmcrofts posted:

Are energy drinks allowed?

I have no idea what "natural caffeine" is but these are probably the best tasting energy drinks I've ever had.

If we're allowing energy drinks... V is the goddamned poo poo and is the sole reason I actually have my chemistry degree at all. It's a little sour and very sweet and I don't know why it's so goddamned tasty. You can only really find it in Australia or New Zealand, I think.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Intoluene posted:

If we're allowing energy drinks... V is the goddamned poo poo and is the sole reason I actually have my chemistry degree at all. It's a little sour and very sweet and I don't know why it's so goddamned tasty. You can only really find it in Australia or New Zealand, I think.

It's widely available in the UK as well but only the original full sugar version.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kvass. I don't speak outside of the alphabet and this poo poo might not be great at the start but it will grow on you. Depending on the brand you get hints of raisin or butterscotch in this malt soda. I've had one brand smell and taste like soy sauce.

I'd post a pic of Malta Goya as well but it's just a different malt soda. Mexican sodas made with sugar are great however they will mercilessly drive you to insanity with how much sugar they are packing. I've gotten instant hangover+migraine with no alcohol involved from a full jarritos variety pack and little self control. I don't have a refractometer but I'd imagine jarritos is higher up there for sodas on the brix scale.

I can't remember details(aside from Purple) but at one point as a kid I got to try honest-to-god name brand Sizzurp. Ahhhh, those were good days.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Boylan's Original Birch Beer

Similar to root beer, but not as sweet and with a cooling menthol taste.

This, except Boylan's red birch beer. It's amazing.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

best bale posted:

This, except Boylan's red birch beer. It's amazing.

Agreed.

Also Coca cola's Smart line of sodas in China are some of the best sodas I've ever had. The World Of Coke is kinda fun even though it's a giant ad. My daughter thought it was like Willy Wonka's factory she loved it so much.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Croatoan posted:

Agreed.

Also Coca cola's Smart line of sodas in China are some of the best sodas I've ever had. The World Of Coke is kinda fun even though it's a giant ad. My daughter thought it was like Willy Wonka's factory she loved it so much.

:dance: Can confirm. As a child who grew up in the south, school trips to Coca Cola were a thing. A wonderful, commercial, delicious thing.

Even as an adult wife and will go every few years when we're visiting her parents in Atlanta.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
For some reason peach Fanta is my favorite soda right now.

I am a huge scrub.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Delicious; not sure if it tastes more like real lemons, or like the way lemons taste in your head when you're thinking of how good lemons are. My local shop that gets this stuff hasn't had it in months. :(

Also look at that creeper lemon on the bottle!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blind Sally posted:

this loving drink

it's swamp water. it's a taste like combined cream soda, orange and grape soda, dr. pepper, and root beer. it's utterly perplexing. every once in a while i drink one just to feel utter bafflement and confusion. i don't understand how this drink has managed to get so big that it has claimed an entire loving aisle in every Scottish grocery store.

Irn-Bru is the greatest soft drink. It tastes a bit like every other existing soft drink in one and, like Captain Planet, their powers are combined within it.

It's also God's own hangover cure. The amount of sugar in even just a 330ml can is enough to make you able to see through existence like you're loving Neo.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Orangina.

this ad campaign is hella gross but who cares orangina is just that good

I haven have an orangina song I sing to my girlfriend, it goes like this:
LISTEN TO ME
YOU CAN'T HAVE MY ORANGINA
BECAUSE MY LOVELY ORANGINA
IS NOT FOR YOU
(repeat ad infinitum)

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

this loving drink

it's swamp water. it's a taste like combined cream soda, orange and grape soda, dr. pepper, and root beer. it's utterly perplexing. every once in a while i drink one just to feel utter bafflement and confusion. i don't understand how this drink has managed to get so big that it has claimed an entire loving aisle in every Scottish grocery store.

I grew up with this poo poo, and it kills me that a 1 litre bottle in NZ is like $11. Every now and then I'll spoil myself so I can remember what rapid-onset diabetes tastes like.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
:rip:

quote:

Marketers called Orbitz "a texturally enhanced alternative beverage."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
IKEA lingonberry soft drink, which they don't sell anymore :mad:

They also used to sell jugs of concentrate but now they only sell a tiny jar for like $8. :mad: :mad:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i like pineapple the best

this is the poo poo too

Alaois has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Oct 17, 2016

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

Crow Jane posted:

Anything else is just glorified ginger ale. This stuff burns in the best possible way, and is the best thing ever with a squeeze of lime.

Fever Tree is also okay, but better suited to mixed drinks than on it's own.

You need to get you some Aussie Bundaberg Ginger Beer :australia:

Intoluene posted:

Man I miss this poo poo. It's the first thing I drink when I arrive back home. Then a loving decent coffee.

I was always a Diet Coke fiend and still am. But when I moved to the US I discovered the sweet nectar of fountain "crack" Coke. We have postmix in aus but it's just not the same. poo poo is the best and I've had to cut it out (ok maybe down to 1) during pregnancy.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Oh yeah, kvass is great.

There's also a mexican soda called Milca or something like that, it's in a red can and labelled soda roja or something, and it tastes kind of like Big Red that you can get at white castle, that is, like liquid red vines. It's nasty sugary but sometimes, you're an idiot and that's what you need.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm a big fan of Pepsi Strong, not because it's better than Pepsi (it isn't), but because of the mean spirited ad they ran showing American children and old people crying because it's only available in Japan.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I used to be addicted to Jones' sour green apple soda but they stopped selling it in my grocery store :(

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

someone awful. posted:

I used to be addicted to Jones' sour green apple soda but they stopped selling it in my grocery store :(

Jones is surprisingly hard to find in stores despite being a local company for me. I usually get it when I'm at my local game shop, and would buy the poo poo out of it if I ever found a grocery store that sold it. I really like their 30 calorie sodas since they still have good flavor while not being straight syrup like their regular ones.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Difficult to find at the best of times outside South Carolina, and then only at ludicrous prices, Blenheim is a magnificent ginger ale. It fights back, for drat sure, and most folks I connive into trying it get about a quarter of a bottle in and give up.

Which means more for me, because I'm a bastard.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
I wish you could get Mello Yello in the UK, but apparently it's now illegal to be sold in the EU because it has brominated vegetable oil in it.

Also, I am told that Mello Yello Zero is a thing that exists, but I've never EVER seen it. Prior to the EU ban full fat Mello Yello was very rare indeed and generally only available at those slightly concerning 'American sweets' shops that seem to be popping up everywhere nowadays. I'd love some of that, because Christ almighty the full fat stuff has a lot of sugar.

Doesn't stop it being wonderful though.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

that looks tasty as hell

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm really liking the new 1893 Pepsi drinks. Comes in cola or ginger cola flavors.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

landofcake posted:

I wish you could get Mello Yello in the UK, but apparently it's now illegal to be sold in the EU because it has brominated vegetable oil in it.

I'd like to think that this was the straw that broke the camel's back wrt brexit.

Ineffiable posted:

I'm really liking the new 1893 Pepsi drinks. Comes in cola or ginger cola flavors.

I like the ginger flavor, but the cola flavor just tastes like regular old pepsi to me.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

landofcake posted:

According to the Snopes, both Coke and Pepsi removed brominated vegetable oil from all their products by the end of 2014 or so. I remember when this was a thing, but I thought both companies finally caved in. So someone might have some for sale somewhere. I used to have a Coke machine with Mello Yellow across the hall from my classroom and had a can every morning. Then, Michelle Obama took that away from me.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Oct 18, 2016

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

Chinotto is my favourite but I've only ever seen it once in the UK in a novelty store in London.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
San Pellegrino and Cheerwine are pretty good and I don't even drink that much soda but drat

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Nothing better than washing a New Haven pizza down with one of these bad boys

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DrJeckyllTobacco posted:

You disgusting heathen

I just bought a package of Lyons. Should I try these as well? (My go-to English style thus far has been Twinings, and there's something in the aftertaste that I find lacking in the Lyons. I want to call it an astringency but that might be the wrong term.
And to contribute here's something really exotic.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

the only right answer, bitch.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

luv 2 date boys posted:

the only right answer, bitch.

ohhh shiiiiit

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Touching on SW American soft drinks, this poo poo was my jam in middle school.

I haven't found it again since I moved out of my home town, but it was like, the good kind of artificial apple :(

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Greatbacon posted:

Touching on SW American soft drinks, this poo poo was my jam in middle school.

I haven't found it again since I moved out of my home town, but it was like, the good kind of artificial apple :(

The Taco Bells in NJ have this FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Squirt (if they still make it) is amazing.

I loved Citra, as well, but it was only around a few years, sadly.

• Locked thread