Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worldshatter

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

they still sell vienettas pretty much everywhere here, I'de have them over something like cake but I definitely wouldn't choose one over a tub of Ben and Jerries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Please mail some to me in america, thank you

look at this guy trying to get illegal desserts mailed internationally. it's not available in America for a reason mister! you're probably a breakfast eater too, aren't you?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
I trade in illegal deserts on the dark chocolate market

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I trade in illegal deserts on the dark chocolate market

Uhhhhhhh, I need to discuss something with you.....:yum:

liddledragon

[DRAGONING CLIMAXES]

City of Glompton posted:

look at this guy trying to get illegal desserts mailed internationally. it's not available in America for a reason mister! you're probably a breakfast eater too, aren't you?

psychokitty

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i did not get fancy ice cream as a child

sometimes i got plain yogurt with hersheys syrup from a tin can

AKOOCHEEMOYA YALL

Instruction Manuel

psychokitty posted:

i did not get fancy ice cream as a child

sometimes i got plain yogurt with hersheys syrup from a tin can

That sounds pretty good too. Hershey's in a can. What will they think of next? Do they even still do that?

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Wamdoodle posted:

That sounds pretty good too. Hershey's in a can. What will they think of next? Do they even still do that?

Yes

Xaris

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gatekeeper posted:

my godmother used to make this weird ice cream log thingy, it was a purple spongy cake that she said was made from purple potatoes, rolled up with with a sweet creamy ice cream so it looked like one of those Swiss roll thingies. That was a special occasion treat for us. I have never since met anyone who is familiar with the purple potato sweet cakey material I have described here

Are you talking about like an ube cake roll?

Ube ice cream is also really good if you ever get the chance. It has a nice sweet nutty tasty to it

social vegan

Xaris posted:

not a big fan of his movies tbh

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Xaris posted:

Looks like someone put a bûche de noël into Photoshop and inverted its colors

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

social vegan posted:

not a big fan of his movies tbh

lmao

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Xaris posted:

Ube ice cream is also really good if you ever get the chance. It has a nice sweet nutty tasty to it

holy crap yeah this looks exactly like it. The cake tasted really cool but I remember the ice cream was also really unique and unlike any other ice cream I've ever had.

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
hmm I'm lookin at recipes and I guess the filling was not ice cream but a funky buttercream? I dunno, it was always served super refrigerated and the yummy filler had the consistency of ice cream :shrug:

thanks for this, bud, I'm really happy to finally know the name of this thing

Xaris

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gatekeeper posted:

hmm I'm lookin at recipes and I guess the filling was not ice cream but a funky buttercream? I dunno, it was always served super refrigerated and the yummy filler had the consistency of ice cream :shrug:

thanks for this, bud, I'm really happy to finally know the name of this thing
I'm sure you could put ice cream in it, or a really cold custard if you wanted to. Recipes can vary a lot so just put whatever filling you'd like. You could look up some yule log filling and see if there's better/interesting alternatives to buttercream, which can suck. Maybe a creamcheese-frosting like filling?

Also go buy ube ice cream if you're ever at an asian supermarket. Was your grandmother fillipino? A lot of their desserts use ube.

Gatekeeper

italians from staten island lmao. no idea how the homemade Filipino food became a tradition

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

It's a very loud and brash dessert, so..... ;)

psychokitty

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Xaris posted:

that looks fun and invigorating

AKOOCHEEMOYA YALL

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hth posted:

i enoyed the ice cream that looked like donatello when i was a kid and later found that it was all pistachio. cant remember what the eyes were

i might go out and get a big bag of pistachios from the safeway uptown later

ohh look atthis posh rear end motherfucker going to the safeway, no vons for hth, he goes uptown to the SAFEWAY -- get teh gently caress up outta here wit hthat

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just kidding, I shop at Pavillions, chump

Nutsngum

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Bert Roberge posted:

Anyone else remember sad turtle pops?

I think they had bubblegum eyes for some reason.

If that is sad to you then you must be the most insufferable bastard to be around.

Bert Roberge

Nutsngum posted:

If that is sad to you then you must be the most insufferable bastard to be around.

Wow, rude.

If my face looked like Sloth from the Goonies I'd be sad.

The best ice cream I've ever had came from this place in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.

Just check out their flavor lineup.

I'd recommend the black raspberry.

Also check out this chill seagull art they have there.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 23, 2016

Everdraed

spankety, spankety, spankety
Me and my siblings would get vienettas if we did well on report cards and other congratulatory moments.

This backfired when they generally stopped being available in the US, without a suitable high-quality layered chocolate and ice cream reward there was simply no point to succeeding. Vienettas gave my life purpose and cruelly took it away, shattering me as an individual like so many layers of thin-chocolate rapped with a spoon. I liked the commercials.

Worldshatter

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJ6RKPHblY

Instruction Manuel

Everdraed posted:

Me and my siblings would get vienettas if we did well on report cards and other congratulatory moments.

This backfired when they generally stopped being available in the US, without a suitable high-quality layered chocolate and ice cream reward there was simply no point to succeeding. Vienettas gave my life purpose and cruelly took it away, shattering me as an individual like so many layers of thin-chocolate rapped with a spoon. I liked the commercials.

Aww. Vienetta was just trying to steel your resolve for adulthood.

The Bananana

Bert Roberge posted:

Also check out this chill seagull art they have there.

A flamingo'd version of this should be Nooners new av

Bert Roberge

Everdraed posted:

Salmiakki

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper

awwwwww yussssss

• Locked thread