Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

unpronounceable posted:

In the manga, we learn how Cerberus works as Nozomi figures it out in the ring on the land, instead of it being exposited by Kawai. It also shows her taking advantage of the fountain land to minimize vibrations. Just details, but without them, the fountain land was pointless, and they better reinforce how creative Nozomi is.

Yeah there's a lot of moments where they change details. I can understand condensing Nozomi's class change fight for the sake of time, but I preferred Aoba getting everyone's data by secretly copping a feel on everyone in the academy instead of giving them a massage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

The anime is cutting out a lot of stuff so the pacing feels really off if you've read the manga. The biggest thing they've probably cut out is the fact that the academy actually has male students, but I don't remember them doing anything noteworthy so it's probably for the best.

They cut out Cerberus girl fantasizing about some land engineers too :(

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DoubleDonut posted:

God bless this anime

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
→ ↓ ↘ + Tits

↓ ↘ → + rear end

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

God bless this anime

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zettace posted:

→ ↓ ↘ + Tits

↓ ↘ → + rear end

This post is a good post.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Erg posted:

They cut out Cerberus girl fantasizing about some land engineers too :(

https://imgur.com/a/gHUXw

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59816145

Edit: Apparently pixiv kills it's image links so you can't direct link them.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 7, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this last episode was really good. Anal Probe Missile got a good laugh out of me

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yeah there's a lot of moments where they change details. I can understand condensing Nozomi's class change fight for the sake of time, but I preferred Aoba getting everyone's data by secretly copping a feel on everyone in the academy instead of giving them a massage.

We also missed out on Nozomi's family at the beginning which more emphasizes why she wants to do Keijo and be a champ at it as opposed to being a gymnast.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I read the manga over the week and it's probably not an overstatement to say the first 30 or so chapters of the manga are straight up cut or massively paraphrased.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Xelkelvos posted:

We also missed out on Nozomi's family at the beginning which more emphasizes why she wants to do Keijo and be a champ at it as opposed to being a gymnast.

To be fair it took a long time until the manga has its first Keijo fight, but yeah they cut out some huge chunks like Sayaka's backstory. Anyway the next fight is gonna be rad even though we probably won't see it until the episode after t´he next one.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I read the manga over the week and it's probably not an overstatement to say the first 30 or so chapters of the manga are straight up cut or massively paraphrased.

Yeah, they cut a bunch from the beginning, and are speeding through a lot of content so they can end the season at a good stopping point. If you're enjoying the show, I'd recommend checking out the manga.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im finding the anime pacing quite brisk and bouncy, everything seems to unfold naturally

also pro senpai is my new waifu

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I have to imagine that we'll get some flashbacks to origins later on in the season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'd imagine in an s2 or an ova, probably

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I just discovered this show and I don't know much about it but I think I can safely say that this is the best non-JoJo series of the season.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I just discovered this show and I don't know much about it but I think I can safely say that this is the best non-JoJo series of the season.

Not even true, and I like Keijo!!!!!!!! a lot!

You should at least think about checking out March comes in like a Lion, Yuri on Ice, and Poco's Udon World. All three have been excellent so far, and you can find more recommendations in the season thread.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Julias posted:

Not even true, and I like Keijo!!!!!!!! a lot!

You should at least think about checking out March comes in like a Lion, Yuri on Ice, and Poco's Udon World. All three have been excellent so far, and you can find more recommendations in the season thread.

I love Yuri on Ice but this has had me laughing like a moron for the last few hours. This season actually has some pretty good newcomers.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm going to echo what other people here are saying and read the Manga after the Anime finishes. The art is gorgeous, there's tons more character in it, and a lot of the plot (especially the first 30 chapters or so) got skipped.

This isn't knocking the Anime in anyway, I'm just singing praises for the Manga.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

My boyfriend and I picked this as our terrible anime of the season ("badnime") to follow and it turned out we were very wrong.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

BattleMaster posted:

My boyfriend and I picked this as our terrible anime of the season ("badnime") to follow and it turned out we were very wrong.
That'll teach you for trying to watch bad anime!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Raxivace posted:

That'll teach you for trying to watch bad anime!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gonna just drop in and mention that the manga is definitely worth checking out if you haven't already, it's really good.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Oh wow, the East-West War already begins next episode. I thought there'd be at least one episode between that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

SHEEEEEEHHHHHH!!!!!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'm sending Keijo!!!!!!!! highlights to the Olympic Committee in an effort to replace beach volleyball with a real sport.

The 2020 Olympics are in Japan. I have a good feeling about this.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Donnerberg posted:

I'm sending Keijo!!!!!!!! highlights to the Olympic Committee in an effort to replace beach volleyball with a real sport.

If I can't gamble what's the point

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

If I can't gamble what's the point

You'll get to see what happens when a woman pushes her glutes and hip flexor groups to the peak of human potential, and probably a TV spot where she hipchecks a pickup truck out of its parking spot.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
please make this happen

i need this to happen

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Do implants qualify as doping?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i think that might start the debate on cyborgs in the olympic games

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

Why stop at beach volleyball, why not all sports?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The jungle gym land seems kinda dangerous. What if you hit your head on the way down on one of the rungs?

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Demicol posted:

The jungle gym land seems kinda dangerous. What if you hit your head on the way down on one of the rungs?

Boobs will help keep you afloat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you Boobs

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Demicol posted:

People have straight up died playing Keijo. Risks come with the job.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Aw man, this episode cut out some of the best moments of the Usagi battle, plus her backstory. Here's what you've missed:

I've been waiting for an animated version of the first image since day one. What a letdown.
And yeah in the manga they talk about deaths in Keijo, like one girl drowned because her hair got stuck in the chain of the land.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

I've been waiting for an animated version of the first image since day one. What a letdown.

As much as I wanted to see it animated, I think I'm actually most excited week to week to hear all the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
That manga panel depicting Russia is really nice.

• Locked thread