Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Gyra_Solune posted:

keijo, never stop being you

i really need to stop saying to myself 'no, this is the most ridiculous it gets', but how in the world are they going to top the Gate of Bootylon

the answer is loving gattai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tir McDohl posted:

I always assumed Nozomi was the Ippo of the series, making Miyata the...Miyata. Kusakai is definitely Takamura.
Hajime no Oppai

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I w asnt prepared for there to be men in the manga.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Namtab posted:

Neither was Nozomi.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Namtab posted:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Raenir Salazar posted:

Right I understand that's her motivation but why does she consistently hold her own?

As far as I can tell from the anime, having not read the manga, her advanced natural agility and inclination to spin and flip allowed her to unleash a devastating rear end Hadouken more or less without realizing it as soon as she fully applied herself to trying to hit somebody incredibly hard with her butt.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Raenir Salazar posted:

Right I understand that's her motivation but why does she consistently hold her own?

the actual answer is because she works very hard and never gives up no matter the odds

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Hahaha, no.
I also love the running gag where Nozomi clearly doesn't care much for the gym guy.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Hustle, loyalty, respect

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is Main Character girl supposed to be like Goku in terms of being an all around fighting prodigy?

To answer your question:

The Colonel posted:

looking forward to episode 2 now

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Numero6 posted:

Hahaha, no.
I also love the running gag where Nozomi clearly doesn't care much for the gym guy.

The manga does bring up that guys are also at the Keijo school. It's just that they're all Land engineers and designers. It's a neat setting detail, but not really all that important which is why it was cut from the anime.

Nozomi is probably also slightly in lesbians with Miyata. Unfortunately, Miyata probably ranks third behind money and Keijo.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

All in all skipping the tryouts was the right choice for the anime

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Animation was noticeably bad, but that was a heartwarming last episode. More great attacks and puns. Overall Keijo!!!!!!!! was excellent fun.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I liked the part where Nozomi's top ripped then it was fixed a couple minutes later.

That was a great show. Solid 8/10 IMO.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Given the censorship the very end was a bit (sp?) of a surprise. But yeah, I enjoyed the show and really hope they bring out a second season.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yup, this was a fantastic anime, the plot was sort of predictable but the craziness of it all elevated it. Hope this gets a second season

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Was not ready for GaoGaiGar. Time to start on the manga.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Tusk Act 4
Stand Owner: Kaminashi Nozomi

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bring me season 2 after a good amount of manga.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Japan tricks me once again I watched this thinking I'd turn it off after 5 minutes, I ended up loving it's absurdity and it's awesome booty fight scenes.

Give me season two

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
me im waiting for the bds

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i really cannot think of anything actually bad about this show

it never failed to make me laugh and was also well executed as an uplifting and heartwarming sports story about teamwork and sportsmanship

like a lot of things would rely on the ridiculous premise, and it'd be funny at first, but then it'd get sorta old and the rough patches would make the latter stretch just a bore. i was prepared for that kind of show, but it proved to be written pretty well with a charming cast (ditzy pink-haired girl was the only major character that seemed weak to me, all the rest had pretty solid arcs)

the only thing it's missing is an extra exclamation mark in its title to accurately describe its score out of ten

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
production in last ep fell apart and the fight wasnt as cool as earlier ones. also the final boss' storyline was pretty bad

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
well her ability to channel powerful farts into energy blasts was p good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I think that's the first short sports anime show I've ever seen - only twelve eps, and really, really good.

Good job, Keijo!!!!!!!!

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think that's the first short sports anime show I've ever seen - only twelve eps, and really, really good.

Good job, Keijo!!!!!!!!

You should watch Ping Pong the Animation.

It's a wildly incomparably different show, but like, it's really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think the problem a lot of people are having with it is that they're focusing a little too much on the comedy and expecting it to be comedic all the way through because of how silly the concept is. Which is what I and I'm sure most people expected going into it and why a lot of people dropped it for not being as funny as they expected it to be. After watching it though I just get the impression it wasn't really meant to be all that funny because I actually ended up enjoying the actual keijo matches and the genuine character moments a lot more than the gags.

Shoryucans! got me though I got to admit.

I think if you like shonen battle anime, particularly things like weird special powers, training arcs, tournament arcs, transformations and don't mind fan-service you might enjoy this, just don't expect to laugh your rear end off at boob and butt jokes the whole way through.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 30, 2016

• Locked thread