Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crap
Nov 3, 2012

• tv was invented sometime in the 1920s
  • at first there was no color (lame)
  • shows used to be sent over the air
  • an old tv fell on my leg when i was a kid and it hurt
  • there's a laser inside or something
  • jfk did a bad debate but looked prettier than nixon so he ended up winning
  • tvs are thin now
  • modern tvs have more input lag which makes them not ideal for gameing
  • The word television comes from Ancient Greek τῆλε (tèle), meaning "far", and Latin visio, meaning "sight". The first documented usage of the term dates back to 1900, when a Russian scientist Constantin Perskyi used it in a paper that he presented in French at the 1st International Congress of Electricity, which ran from 18 to 25 August 1900 during the International World Fair in Paris. The Anglicised version of the term is first attested in 1907, when it was still "...a theoretical system to transmit moving images over telegraph or telephone wires".[11]

if anyone else knows anything about tvs, i would like to expand this list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wish you had been deleted with GBS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm really disappointed nobody has bothered posting any more TV facts. Here's one: TV is actually an acronym for 'Televisual Videophone'. They took out the phone elements early in the production process as they realised technology wasn't there yet, but the name stuck.

• Locked thread