Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Looks like Shelby is going home? drat. I might have finally subbed had Jason gone this week. I disliked him in his first season, and decided not to sign up when they announced it was him or Jozea joining the cast this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
Morgan won HOH this week but thanks to Justin's auto-final-4 power and JASON winning power of veto, the nominees are Shelby and Kryssie.

Shelby is going home.

Unless Morgan manages to beat Jason in the first comp and then by some miracle Justin beats Jason.... looks like the whole game is Jason's to lose.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's so hosed. I feel so bad for Shelby. Her game has been amazing and she's really turned it on down the stretch. She's getting hosed by stupid twists.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

SalTheBard posted:

It's so hosed. I feel so bad for Shelby. Her game has been amazing and she's really turned it on down the stretch. She's getting hosed by stupid twists.

hosed by stupid twists was this season's theme; more than half the time the winning hoh didn't get to send one of their targets home. I'm also glad I checked out of this season around week 4 besides checking this thread and Joker's once or twice a week.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I haven't watched the feeds since week 3. Just the eps and the weekday recaps.

The twists are loving terrible and it's basically a game of luck this season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SalTheBard posted:

I actually don't really think there's much "game" involved in this season, period. Basically every single eviction this season has been decided by comp wins and America nominations and care packages. As far as those things go, Shelby has been pretty popular with fans, so I guess her likability is good "game," and she's been above average at comps too. But since the house lines are so firmly drawn, she really hasn't done much strategic and neither has anyone else.

Jason has been burning good will with America all season with his disgusting behavior, and probably literally has done more harm than good to his game in terms of strategy too (his fake final five deal he made just to gently caress with the women's alliance almost got him evicted the following two weeks, his decision to evict Alex instead of Morgan who could still claim a care package was a whiff on like the one type of strategy there actually is this season). But he did win a couple challenges and gets America helping him out anyway because he's a returning player. The biggest thing in his favor is that his allies are so willing to bring him to the end despite the fact they'll lose to him, but I think a lot of that is thanks to Kryssie. She's definitely been the one keeping Justin from turning.

If Morgan makes the f3 I'd want her to win, and if she doesn't I'd want Justin, but that's really only because I like them better than the others, not because of game since I don't think there really is much to speak of here. If Jason makes f3 he'll obviously win unfortunately, but he does need to win one of the two HOH comps to get there at least

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I've only really been following via this thread, but Jason looks to have a classic case of starting on third and thinking he hit a triple.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

in the most lopsided comp of the season jason won the final HOH where the 4 of them had to raise balls that represented members of the house and then place the balls in a wall in the order when they had won HOH

He got all 9, Kryssie got 3, Morgan and Justin got 0

Morgan couldn't get the balls to the top of the wall without them falling, Justin barely even attempted to start because he is truly the dumbest person to ever appear on this show

feeling assured that he now can't lose he revealed to everyone else that he was voted into the house by america

he will absolutely win the final vote regardless of whoever makes it to the final 3

just in case anyone was still thinking about watching the rest of this season

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Looks like Shelby is going home? drat. I might have finally subbed had Jason gone this week. I disliked him in his first season, and decided not to sign up when they announced it was him or Jozea joining the cast this year.

This is me.

I kept saying during BB18 that I was too burned out to watch this and I really only have it in me to be addicted to this game for 1 season at a time. I meant it but I kept wavering and wasn't sure if I'd stick to it or if my addiction would win out. But then Jason got voted in and that's all it took because I really disliked that guy and am not all surprised he's been worse this season. He was really helped by having a mostly likable alliance first time in either got along or was so over the top that he bled into the background.

And this season was basically made for him since he's literally a representative of so many of the really nasty feedsters out there. So I was pretty confident they'd vote his way a lot without the "America/casual" vote to possibly counter.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Voting for the winner should be up for Thursday's finale? I went to the site but it won't let me weigh in as a non-subscriber. Fair enough.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yes, season finale tonight. Kryssie VS Jason VS Morgan. Most online fan polls seem to make it a close one between the latter two.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

We have a winner!

Julie: Vote swang back and forth throughout the day and in the end, only 20,000 votes separated Morgan and Jason.

And the winner is...

MORGAN

THANK GOD YOU CAME THROUGH AMERICA IN A VOTE FOR ONCE.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Teek I'm sorry you watched all this. May God have mercy on your soul.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
Wow, I guess jury management is still key?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Overall, an okay season full of some completely lazy gameplay and bad personalities. On the flip side, there were some good gameplayers and personalities which got a bit drowned out by America's constant meddling. There is a strong skeleton there for stuff to bring back for season 2, but it would be nice to drop/adjust how some of the other fan voting works.
  • Make the Day 1 entry like an actual Big Brother intro. Give them a studio audience, which is at least filled with their family members or something.
  • No more America's nominee, unless it's tied to the Safety Ceremony. ex: HOH can make one person safe from America's nominee and they also have to make one of their nominations each Saturday/Sunday.
  • Care Packages should have some actual variety. Like four of the packages this season were basically the same thing, Safety in some form for the winner.
  • No more returnees, please. The fact Jason didn't win will probably be something BB will point to and go "Look, they aren't assured to win!" So who knows if they'll ever learn their lesson.

Teek fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 2, 2016

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Overall, an okay season full of some completely lazy gameplay and bad personalities. On the flip side, there were some good gameplayers and personalities which got a bit drowned out by America's constant meddling. There is a strong skeleton there for stuff to bring back for season 2, but it would be nice to drop/adjust how some of the other fan voting works.
  • Make the Day 1 entry like an actual Big Brother intro. Give them a studio audience, which is at least filled with their family members or something.
  • No more America's nominee, unless it's tied to the Safety Ceremony. ex: HOH can make one person safe from America's nominee and they also have to make one of their nominations each Saturday/Sunday.
  • Care Packages should have some actual variety. Like four of the packages this season were basically the same thing, Safety in some form for the winner.
  • No more returnees, please. The fact Jason didn't win will probably be something BB will point to and go "Look, they aren't assured to win!" So who knows if they'll ever learn their lesson.

I agree with you. I think that doing something like "Americas Safety Ceremony (where 1 person gets to be safe)" would be great. I even liked Americas Vote, but Americas Nom was just way too powerful and really caused the game to be weird. I mean The Ballsmashers won more HOHs but had more people go home because there was always someone from their side on the block. Shelby should've won this year but was hosed over by a lovely twist. I really REALLY liked how the curtain was pulled back on OTT and I hope they do it for BB Proper. I don't want to see Jeff Fish again for BB20

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I cancelled all access and gave "don't use returning players" as my reason.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Eltoasto posted:

Jason blew a 3-1 lead

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Hahah, nice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, what, its over? Jason lost? At least we have that to be thankful for.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Would something like "winner of OTT gets automatically added to the BB20 cast" have been a good reward in addition to the money?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SalTheBard posted:

Would something like "winner of OTT gets automatically added to the BB20 cast" have been a good reward in addition to the money?

not really, that presumes they live another two years in this ever-uncertain world.

An automatic shot on 19 would have been pretty drat good, though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

SalTheBard posted:

nah. Sometimes BB winners are really horrible players to watch, or just float, etc. Inviting back fan favorites is probably always the right move.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Hey, this is the only BB thread right now and I had a question: Does anyone know/remember Victor from BB18's political leanings? right/left/apathy?

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

violetdragon posted:

Hey, this is the only BB thread right now and I had a question: Does anyone know/remember Victor from BB18's political leanings? right/left/apathy?

LOYALTY.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Fedelm posted:

LOYALTY.

That's not helpful but :laffo:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Propaganda Machine posted:

not really, that presumes they live another two years in this ever-uncertain world.

An automatic shot on 19 would have been pretty drat good, though.

BB19 is what I meant. For some reason I thought last season was BB19 instead of BB18

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

violetdragon posted:

That's not helpful but :laffo:

Yeah sorry, I honestly don't remember him expressing any politics on the show so I just said the first thing that came to mind. All I found online were a couple of gun pics on his Instagram (and many more of muscles), but those don't necessarily mean anything, then after a few minutes googling I realized I didn't want to think about that season anymore.

I think maybe you're better off messaging STAC. :)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jozea and Natalie were pretty outspokenly against Trump and liberal and Frank and especially Corey were pretty vocally pro-Trump/anti-Hillary and conservative (Corey more than Frank). And Michelle was insane and went from Bernie to Trump because her real first choice was Venture and she didn't think any of it mattered because the Illuminati chose elections (not hyperbole). I don't remember anyone else being vocal about it and a lot of them actively ran away from conversations started by Jozea/Corey.

I want to say I remember Victor agreeing with Jozea and Natalie in private but that could have just been the company he kept. My gut tells my Victor's not really mature/conscious enough to care that much. It was kind of forgotten as the season went on and he became a fan favorite but Victor was kind of a meathead idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

Jozea and Natalie were pretty outspokenly against Trump and liberal and Frank and especially Corey were pretty vocally pro-Trump/anti-Hillary and conservative (Corey more than Frank). And Michelle was insane and went from Bernie to Trump because her real first choice was Venture and she didn't think any of it mattered because the Illuminati chose elections (not hyperbole). I don't remember anyone else being vocal about it and a lot of them actively ran away from conversations started by Jozea/Corey.

I want to say I remember Victor agreeing with Jozea and Natalie in private but that could have just been the company he kept. My gut tells my Victor's not really mature/conscious enough to care that much. It was kind of forgotten as the season went on and he became a fan favorite but Victor was kind of a meathead idiot.

Okay, thank you STAC! I appreciate it.

• Locked thread