Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I honestly think horses are the worst pet. They're stupid, they're expensive, they are prone to sickness and injury, they get spooked at everything and anything and they are a lot of work and effort. Even the hardier breeds are still quite fragile. Horses are just the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Cockmaster posted:

I don't suppose you've been to the "Bad With Money" thread over in Business, Finance, and Careers. Quite a bit of that thread is stories of people buying horses without having made the slightest effort to understand what the gently caress they were getting into.

Yeah, I have not read that thread but I don't doubt it. My maternal grandfather bred and raised this unique breed of horse (Peruvian Passo I believe) and he took a lot of pride in being one of a handful of people who brought the breed back from the brink. (Or so he claimed, I have no loving clue.) But even he said it was a huge money pit. He said he lost at least one horse a year to its own idiocy and that it was a nightmare.

Horses: The worst.

Avshalom posted:

also shetland ponies are the worst pet. they are slightly hardier than a full-size horse but still die if a raindrop falls on them the wrong way, they're too small to be ridden, they can't be used for work, and they have foul hateful personalities. miniature horses have most of the above problems and are just as fragile if not more than a real horse, but at least they usually have fairly chill and pleasant natures. but if you're going to get a fool ungulate eating machine for any reason other than to be your mighty steed, for gently caress's sake just get a goat (goats are delightful pets) or a miniature donkey

You know, you make a valid point. Ponies are all the negatives of having a horse without any of the benefits. I rescind my judgment.

Ponies/miniature horses: The worst.

• Locked thread