Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey gamers! We're coming up on the winter season, which is traditionally when many of the year's hottest games will debut and vie for a coveted piece of the Christmas pie. What games are you looking forward to that are on the horizon? Here are two games that are on my HOT WATCH LIST!

Game: Battlefield 1 (EA)
Platforms: PC/Bone/PS4
Releasing: October 21st, 2016

Hell yeah Battlefield is back! This time they called the ninth Battlefield game "Battlefield 1" which is strange but ok. I've always like the Battlefield series' style and scope so this one is a no brainer for me. Hot new stuff in this title includes: bayonet charges, large battle platforms (zeppelins, armored trains, etc), Randian Superhorses, and a slap in the face to wookies everywhere in the form of an always-on and highly visible glinting effect whenever someone looks through a scope (love this one).

Reasons to excited: Proven series, under represented setting in video games, disrespecting snipers.

Reasons to be wary: DICE's traditionally retarded DLC presentation, will probably take a year or more to reach potential, does not go far enough disrespecting snipers.

Game: For Honor (Ubisoft)
Platforms: PC/Bone/PS4
Releasing: February 2016 (beta sometime before that).

This one took me totally by surprise! I hadn't heard a word about this game until about a week ago when it showed up on twitch with people streaming the alpha (now over). But it looks sick as hell! It's a fighting game at it's core, pitting Knights, Vikings, and Pirates Samurai against each other in 1v1, 2v2, and 4,v4 battles. The gameplay seems to take queues from a bunch of different games from Mount and Blade (directional attacks and blocks) to Dark Souls (stamina management and rolling), to traditional fighting games (attack/block/parry/throw dynamics) and it all mashes together in an awesome looking way. The 1v1 and 2v2 battles are more for hardcore duelers, while the 4v4 mode is an area control game with mooks spawning for both teams and supporting the players. There will also be a campaign but we basically don't anything about it yet other than it exists. Can't wait to see more of this one in the future.

Reasons to be excited: Innovative ideas, sick rear end concept, something for everyone.

Reasons to be wary: Uplay, pirate faction unfortunately absent, reasonable possibility Ubisoft fucks the whole thing with micro-transaction bullshit.

What are you gamers looking forward to? Have another game to share with us? Excited for Battlefield 1 as well? Think For Honor is actually a game for clowns at the circus? Post about it!

This thread brought to you by the FactsAreUseless Foundation for the De-Megathreading of Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread