Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«82 »
Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

As you've all probably figured out now, LW left the keys in my mail slot on his way out the door.

LW was a great mod, and there's nothing I can do to replace him. Frankly I'm not going to try, since he had his own way of doing things and I'm sure I'll figure out my thing eventually. That said, I really enjoyed the atmosphere he cultivated here. I'm not going to try to continue his reign, but I'll sure as gently caress emulate a lot of it. I liked being in a forum that had a nice, hands off mod that was there to step on the biggest fuckups, and that's where I see myself going with all this.

At least until I go mad with power.

I'm leaving all of LW's old rules and policies in place for now. I have a few thoughts on how I might tinker with them, but anything like that will be done slowly. No need to gently caress up a good thing.

edit: mmmmm... first stickie. Yeah, the power's going to go to my head quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

I think you're supposed to lock these.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Nah, I'll leave this open for people to expose their wrong think for future action voice their opinions and celebrate the beginning of my thousand year reign

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 23, 2016

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

There are, in fact, still motherfuckers who gotta ice skate up hill

All hail Cryano! Lord of Mauser, Herald of Ringo! May his reign be as long as his word count is high!

I eagerly await probate and ban reasons that take 10 minutes to read I'm sure you'll be great!

Tony Doughnuts fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 23, 2016

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

So is this where all the hot hot mausers go?

http://jamesdjulia.com/highlights/?...94&Cons=49828a2

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

The Mauser is good, the Mosin is evil. The Mosin shoots cosmoline.

Wait something's wrong here that just makes me want to go find my Mosin.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

http://www.luger-genesis.com/web/in...tail?Itemid=240

FauxhawkSatan
Mar 27, 2010

Mausers suck, Enfields suck, mosins sucks, all old guns suck. All hail the glock. Join me me mutiny.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Doc_Awesome posted:

Mausers suck, Enfields suck, mosins sucks, all old guns suck. All hail the glock. Join me me mutiny.

ban this man

he's right about enfields though

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

The most tragic and upsetting part of Bioshock Infinite is that part in the beginning where he drops the c96. I cry every time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Doc_Awesome posted:

what the

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

I guess the old TFR is now.............

HISTORY

(congrats, fellow historian buddy)

MazelTovCocktail
Jun 23, 2012

Gritty's gonna cut you.

First off congrats.

Second can we have a news and laws thread separate from the poo poo posting thread?

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

gfanikf posted:

First off congrats.

Second can we have a news and laws thread separate from the poo poo posting thread?

Since historically the news/laws thread has morphed into shitposting over time, I kind of appreciate it being ghettoized in there.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Mortabis posted:

Since historically the news/laws thread has morphed into shitposting over time, I kind of appreciate it being ghettoized in there.

This is correct.

The Retard Swamp is where News goes because that's where it ends up eventually anyway.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

It's just cutting out the middleman.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Dreams, Amelia - dreams and false alarms

Megamarm

Was Lincoln's Wax the longest serving moderator? I think he was modding TFR when I registered my account.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Hahaha you are not only cursed with the Ringo threads but you are now mod too for extra punishment. Sucks to be you!

lol j/k be as chill as LW and you'll do fine

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Was Lincoln's Wax the longest serving moderator? I think he was modding TFR when I registered my account.

I'm pretty certain he's been moderating TFR since it was created.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Mortabis posted:

I'm pretty certain he's been moderating TFR since it was created.

I'm almost certain King Hotpants was modding it before he was but yeah Wax was modding a long drat time. 10+ years at least.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

LW was the original, he got hit with it for asking who was going to mod the newly minted TFR.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

DJExile posted:

I'm almost certain King Hotpants was modding it before he was but yeah Wax was modding a long drat time. 10+ years at least.

No, LW was mod since TFR was started in 2004. KHP was co-mod for awhile but due to ~*~*~forum drama~*~*~ that was only for 6 months or so.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ugh, horrible

there we go

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Cock on open is a poo poo system. Swede Mauser only good Mauser.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Craptacular posted:

No, LW was mod since TFR was started in 2004. KHP was co-mod for awhile but due to ~*~*~forum drama~*~*~ that was only for 6 months or so.

well shut my mouth then

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

RIP Lincoln's Wax AKA Bestmod. Arise Sir Cyrano of Many Old Guns and Things

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Mortabis posted:

Yeah. There's a "guns news thread" that I started a while back for if you want to talk about news that's gun specific, like ruger's newest pistol or whatever. Everything else just gets dumped in the swamp because that's the only way to keep the fighting quarantined.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

So did they make you fill out an i9 yet?

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Congrats Cyrano!

When you go drunk with power we expect you to follow in the footsteps of history's greatest despots. But preface it with an educational lecture so it softens the blow.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005

Pillbug

Kommienzuspadt posted:

RIP Lincoln's Wax AKA Bestmod. Arise Sir Cyrano of Many Old Guns and Things

the king is dead

long live the king

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah. There's a "guns news thread" that I started a while back for if you want to talk about news that's gun specific, like ruger's newest pistol or whatever. Everything else just gets dumped in the swamp because that's the only way to keep the fighting quarantined.

Your appointment has been finalized so why contain it?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Obendorf more like Obenderp

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Man of the Rising Sun

Congratulations, Cyrano. We're all expecting great things.

...and also more John Ringo.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Cyrano,

You should just quote John Ringo passages in all your probations/bans...

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Do we really want people thinking that SA has another pedo-mod?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I saw a prob from LW against Right Arm about a goodbye gift. Then I checked in horror to see..and yes LW was still mod. Ok good.

Then I see Cyrano on the throne of skulls. Which is cool and good because I was afraid LW would peace out and we'd get some dipshit GBS reject for a mod instead.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

So does this mean I get probated and owe royalties if I say I like Springfields and/or post a video of me shooting one?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

Springfields are derived from Mausers, you should be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Siamese Mausers are the best Mausers, especially if Mitchell's cleaned it up.

«82 »