Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«82 »
infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I will continue to wine and dine the delightful Mr. and Mrs. Wax whenever I'm in Georgia. Also, I forgot where Cyrano lives, which means I've probably never been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Parts Kit posted:

Obendorf more like Obenderp

Spandau > Obendorf.

Do it, probate me. (Derek Smart wouldn't.)

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

Carl Gustafs stads Gevärsfaktori > Spandau.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

There are, in fact, still motherfuckers who gotta ice skate up hill

Iron Tusk posted:

Do it, probate me. (Derek Smart wouldn't.)

Derek smart 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

The G41(M) was a stupidly designed, unreliable piece of crap.

The Red 9 was the best pistol in RE4, though.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

infrared35 posted:

I will continue to wine and dine the delightful Mr. and Mrs. Wax whenever I'm in Georgia. Also, I forgot where Cyrano lives, which means I've probably never been there.

Raleigh/Durham area I think?

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

Some Mausers are better than others.

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012

gently caress Mausers, gently caress you.

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

Thanks for the goodbyes but I'll still be around, just retired. TFR has been overwhelmingly the most positive and rewarding online experience I've had the pleasure to be a tiny part of. It is the sum of its posters, not its leadership. There have a few bumps along the way and there will always be more but this place has been and will continue to be a small oasis where I and many others escape the frustrating misery of the internet at large. People can laugh at online sentiment but 12 years is a long time and I deserve the closeness I feel for this place and the people here. It may just be a gun forum but you guys have made it the best one.

As others have said, Cyrano was an easy pick. I'm the Goofus to his Gallant, TFR is in very capable hands. I was just happy his security clearance and doj interview went smoothly. OH GOD, I AM KIDDING!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

Thanks for the goodbyes but I'll still be around, just retired.

You will be missed, Wax. You really were/are best mod who made this place fantastic.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

So when are we holding the wake for wax? I'll need to call the florist at least a week in advance.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

Thanks for the goodbyes but I'll still be around, just retired. TFR has been overwhelmingly the most positive and rewarding online experience I've had the pleasure to be a tiny part of. It is the sum of its posters, not its leadership. There have a few bumps along the way and there will always be more but this place has been and will continue to be a small oasis where I and many others escape the frustrating misery of the internet at large. People can laugh at online sentiment but 12 years is a long time and I deserve the closeness I feel for this place and the people here. It may just be a gun forum but you guys have made it the best one.

As others have said, Cyrano was an easy pick. I'm the Goofus to his Gallant, TFR is in very capable hands. I was just happy his security clearance and doj interview went smoothly. OH GOD, I AM KIDDING!

gently caress and I've forgotten where I left my extremely long comedy prop scroll of mod sass

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Required Parachute posted:

gently caress Mausers, gently caress you.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Tony Doughnuts posted:

So when are we holding the wake for wax? I'll need to call the florist at least a week in advance.

It takes a long time to get enough black flowers to make a desert eagle dildo arrangement.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

Don't worry, it's a tactical florist. John Ringo himself uses them.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Shima Honnou posted:

Your appointment has been finalized so why contain it?

The sound skyshark makes rattling his cage will serve as a warning to the rest of the forum

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

You still are still the record holder for best christmas present ever, FYI

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

Yeah, some people react very negatively to orphaned babies left on their doorsteps but you were so cool about it. It was an ugly baby.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Man Whore posted:

The sound skyshark makes rattling his cage will serve as a warning to the rest of the forum

Be glad I wasn't tapped, imagine the outrage.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

no mods no masters free tf

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

"sir your dissertation is written in crayon and from your outfit I can only assume you came directly here from performing in Mel Brooks The Producers, I really can't recommend tenure"

"I moderate a firearms board on a comedy forum on the internet"

"holy poo poo really"

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

Yeah, some people react very negatively to orphaned babies left on their doorsteps but you were so cool about it. It was an ugly baby.

Ugly as ever but lives on table scraps and does all the housework - what more could you ask?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

sky shark posted:

Be glad I wasn't tapped, imagine the outrage.
I was kinda hoping you would be so all the people obsessed with you in other forums would get banned for mod sass next time they go nuts. Man that would be hilarious.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Parts Kit posted:

I was kinda hoping you would be so all the people obsessed with you in other forums would get banned for mod sass next time they go nuts. Man that would be hilarious.

Who is obsessed with sky shark ? is this a D&D thing? i don't go there for a reason.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Yeah, mostly D&D folks.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Parts Kit posted:

Yeah, mostly D&D folks.

based on your custom title I will presume you have been busy making friends there as well.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Haha, no, I just did a few posts a few months ago against my better judgement and haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

The wild neckbeard is usually docile and complacent but when provoked is able to fly into huge fits of rage, usually over insignificant or inconsequential things. While as intimidating and threatening these displays of aggression may be, in the end the wild neckbeard is a cowardly creature that does all it can to avoid direct confrontation.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Who is obsessed with sky shark ? is this a D&D thing? i don't go there for a reason.

Look for the same people who scream the loudest about microagressions, patriarchy, and the like. They are the first ones to blame me for my house getting broken into.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

sky shark posted:

Look for the same people who scream the loudest about microagressions, patriarchy, and the like. They are the first ones to blame me for my house getting broken into.

Maybe you shouldn't own nice things.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

sky shark posted:

Look for the same people who scream the loudest about microagressions, patriarchy, and the like.

I don't read D&D so I won't do that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I don't read D&D so I won't do that.

You can find them in GBS gunthreads too sometimes, but now you can't find GBS anymore so that's another victory for The Forum Reich.

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

sky shark posted:

It really never does occur to some people that maybe "living in a place where houses get broken into" is a pretty good reason to own a gun.

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Maybe you shouldn't own nice things.
If a touchyfeely ever serves you that "Why do you need guns?" nonsense, send it back over the net as "Wow, you sound just like a rightwinger demanding to know why a homeless guy needs a cell phone"-- see if you can get them to turn purple. Both hard ends of the political spectrum hate it when you point out that they're basically yelling the same bullshit at different targets.

Tony Doughnuts
Aug 12, 2016

I prefer to see them turn that perfect shade of "I'm going to write about this on my Tumblr" red.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Cock on close is a lovely system for losers.

Bolt actions are also universally poo poo for losers, get with the last 100 years of firearm technology.

Well that's my 2 cents namaste.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

poo poo, i go on a 2 week heroine bender and when i return this is the brave new world I find myself in.

This will be interesting.

Wax, does this mean you are going to post and comment more now? I've often been curious about your opinions and which firearms you like/dislike.
Also, thanks for what you did a few years back. Ultimately you really helped me and it was a good call.

Cyrano, all I have to say is Walther > Mauser/DWM.
To back my case up, i point to the G41(w) and G41(m), and the P.38 and P08.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.

Clapping Larry

'Heroine Bender'? You're ODing on Wonder Woman?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

'Heroine Bender'? You're ODing on Wonder Woman?

8 years here and you don't know he's blind and uses voice to text?

phuzzylodgik
Oct 20, 2005

Fuck this filter shit.

From now on I'm always going to refer to him as "Moderator Emeritus Lincoln`s Wax."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Totally TWISTED posted:

8 years here and you don't know he's blind and uses voice to text?

Does that mean no one is allowed to make a silly joke when it transcribes wrong?

«82 »