Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«82 »
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

When I order a piece of flat iron to break into strips and my yield is less than half, I get sad.

Flat Iron is like a scratch off ticket made of meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I fry up all the extra fat bits from my rib eyes and use it to sear the ribeye itself, re-sear/warm it on a 2nd eating or to cook the sides. Plus the little left over crispy fried bits are delicious and everyone loves them.

"What are these?"

"That's the fat you always throw away mom"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Shaocaholica posted:

I fry up all the extra fat bits from my rib eyes and use it to sear the ribeye itself, re-sear/warm it on a 2nd eating or to cook the sides. Plus the little left over crispy fried bits are delicious and everyone loves them.

"What are these?"

"That's the fat you always throw away mom"

Because I normally only cook single portions for myself, I have a hard time putting all my waste cuts and bones to good use.

It's the same for making things like soup. Unless I want to eat it for the next ten days, I'm not doing it.

If you all think I'm a picky eater with the non-veg thing, you should meet my father. He is literally the pickiest eater I've ever met. Trying to cook for him, even things he likes, is close to impossible.

He has a monster metabolism, even for a sixty year old. With that, he pretty much lives off sweets and poo poo. If I ate like him, and I have, I'd weigh 260 again.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Cyrano4747 posted:

Eat some fiber goons.

I eat raisin bran every morning for this very reason.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Grape nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

I have the metabolism of a tortoise, if I tried to eat three entire meals every day I'd be as big as Gamera by the end of the year. I eat a snack when I get to work or after my coffee if I'm at home, and a meal at night.

Captain Log posted:

Because I normally only cook single portions for myself, I have a hard time putting all my waste cuts and bones to good use.

It's the same for making things like soup. Unless I want to eat it for the next ten days, I'm not doing it.
Put a plastic tub with a lid in the freezer, toss in whatever scraps you have as you generate them, and make stock when the bucket fills up. Keep flensed bones and crustacean shells separate and roast them before making stock, obviously.

«82 »