Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I legit appreciate Koalas March a lot for bringing up representation issues since it is important and has increased my appreciation of Iris. I didn't hate Iris before aside from wanting her to do more but after reading some of KM's posts in this and last thread I am now rooting for Iris/Candace.

Proposition Joe posted:

Barry Allen, go back in time and rewrite this entire thread please!

Also I liked this time travel joke but I suggest putting moratorium on calling the thread poo poo repeatedly 4 pages in just because we don't like the direction the conversation is going. There's probably promo stuff and speculation we can talk about, or just sit out until the show starts. One more weeks Flashers (do we have a fan group name yet?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy A. Person posted:

One more weeks Flashers (do we have a fan group name yet?)

Flashists

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Flash Mob?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Enablers.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Think this will be the season he finally makes pants out of GOES FAST?

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
This thread is amazing

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Can you guys take this social justice warrior horseshit back to tumblr or kotaku?

God drat, no one loving cares if Barry hooks up with milk chocolate or geek hacker girl with glasses or STEM field scientist chick or seductress in a police uniform because the CW has put a straight up 9 or 10 in each stereotype for us to enjoy and I'd love to have Barry sneak a peek at all those goods.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

LLJKSiLk posted:

Can you guys take this social justice warrior horseshit back to tumblr or kotaku?

God drat, no one loving cares if Barry hooks up with milk chocolate or geek hacker girl with glasses or STEM field scientist chick or seductress in a police uniform because the CW has put a straight up 9 or 10 in each stereotype for us to enjoy and I'd love to have Barry sneak a peek at all those goods.

This thread is hella good.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Wtf is wrong with you all.

The dumbest thing I've seen in a long time is not the wierd racial poo poo going on in this thread about a teen superhero soap opera but that people thinking this is all super well written.

Actually no the dumbest thing i've seen in a long time are shippers who are so so often terrifyingly creepy and obsessive and doing anything that remotely appeals to them drives everything into the group faster than felicity can cry yell over inconsistent motivation. Thanks for reinforcing that super hard thread.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 28, 2016

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The Flash is a good show. I mean it's no Legends of tomorrow but it's good.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I don't mind representation discussion but song lyric gifs are the worst

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Koalas March posted:

The majority black fanbase in #WestAllen, #Blerds, and #DatFlash called her Police Brutality Patty for a reason. If you can't see the difference idk what to tell you.
Every time someone asks you for clarification or evidence of a claim you make, your response is basically "Twitter agrees with me, shut up, argument over, here are some gifs you loving racist!"

Koalas March posted:

my goal was to fan a fun thread with positivity
Then maybe you should stop being so negative.

Koalas March posted:

Like there's 2 posters in particular who just refuse to see the other side of anything, who don't accept her importance, who won't acknowledge what this casting means to WoC, especially black women. Even though I've explained it to them.
So? Why is it so important to you that these two random people agree with you?

Koalas March posted:

Ok you think the "incest" thing is weird but when they retcon that completely you still hate it because???
When did they retcon that out? Last I checked they still grew up together basically as siblings.

Koalas March posted:

That pings my racism radar.
Is there anything that doesn't?

Koalas March posted:

Good job! You all showed that little girl begging for representation who's boss!
As far as I'm aware, no one in this thread has made any attempt to contact that girl or her mother to make fun of her or for any other reason.

Koalas March posted:

don't use coded language
What, specifically, are you referring to when you say this? Because it seems like you just mean literally anything negative that anyone says about Iris.

Koalas March posted:

I'm cool with construction criticism
Here's some constructive criticism: You're not cool with constructive criticism. You respond to even the slightest hint of disagreement with outright aggression.

Koalas March posted:

the Error thread
What?

Guy A. Person posted:

I legit appreciate Koalas March a lot for bringing up representation issues since it is important and has increased my appreciation of Iris.
I'd have agreed with this in the last thread. Now I hope Iris dies just to see how much Koalas March would hate that.

kingcom posted:

people thinking this is all super well written
Who thinks that?

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I think it's nice that a young black girl can watch the Flash and see Iris have no chemistry with her foster brother but hook up with him anyway because tumblr.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oben posted:

I think it's nice that a young black girl can watch the Flash and see Iris have no chemistry with her foster brother but hook up with him anyway because tumblr.

Wow and i thought the earlier posts in this thread were bad.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oh nice I'm glad some angry dudes came in here to whine about tumblr and make the thread way better!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cool thanks for the update.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Cool thanks for the update.

And thank you for the refreshing one liners as always :)

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

BSam posted:

The Flash is a good show. I mean it's no Legends of tomorrow but it's good.

Flash would have had no trouble killing Vandal Savage at three different time periods simultaneously.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kingcom posted:

Wtf is wrong with you all.

The dumbest thing I've seen in a long time is not the wierd racial poo poo going on in this thread about a teen superhero soap opera but that people thinking this is all super well written.

Actually no the dumbest thing i've seen in a long time are shippers who are so so often terrifyingly creepy and obsessive and doing anything that remotely appeals to them drives everything into the group faster than felicity can cry yell over inconsistent motivation. Thanks for reinforcing that super hard thread.

This is kinda what I'm talking about with people being allergic to romance. The bad fights in this show don't get nearly as strong of a reaction.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
So actual tv show question. I am not too familiar with the flash lore. Other than the cold dude and other speedsters what kind of rogues gallery does flash have?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Optimist with doubt posted:

So actual tv show question. I am not too familiar with the flash lore. Other than the cold dude and other speedsters what kind of rogues gallery does flash have?

The most prominent ones are the weather guy (Weather Wizard), Gorilla Grodd, Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang.
And other speedsters.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Optimist with doubt posted:

Already appeared on the show:

Weather Wizard - dude who controls weather
Heatwave - dude with flame thrower pistol (yeah not too impressive)
Captain Boomerang - dude who throws gimmick boomerangs (somehow less impressive than the last guy)
Trickster - guy who uses toy and gag based things like exploding rubber chickens or balloons filled with toxic gas
Pied Piper - dude who uses sound based weapons
Gorilla Grodd - talking gorilla with mental powers

Haven't appeared yet:

Mirror Master - uses a bunch of crazy mirror based powers, including using any reflective surface as a portal to teleport through, creating mirror clones of people, turning them to glass, etc
The Top - started out like the Trickster and Captain Boomerang where he just used top based weapons, but eventually gained the ability to spin at ridiculous speeds and also gained some mental powers (a female version has been cast for the show this season)
Dr. Alchemy - can transmute matter, but not organic matter
Abra Kadabra - from such a distant future that his technology looks like magic

Those are the most prominent and powerful, there are others like Rainbow Raider who has appeared in a few episodes and the Turtle Man who was killed last season in a plot point that unfortunately didn't go anywhere.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Also aside from Gorilla Grodd and Abra Kadabra the other ones typically pal around and team up and actually have the team name The Rogues, and they are pretty awesome. And good news on that front, 3 of the "hasn't appeared yet" have been cast and Captain Cold has been confirmed to return as a season regular (I think he was knocked down to guest star since he was busy with LoT last season) so hopefully we will be getting a lot more Rogues stories.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Alexeythegreat posted:

The most prominent ones are the weather guy (Weather Wizard), Gorilla Grodd, Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang.
And other speedsters.

Calling them speedsters really triggers me. Out of respect for those of us who move at regular speed we should refer to them as above-average runners. There's really no excuse for speedism in this thread. I'm gonna write up a 5 page manifesto on my tumblr telling you why this is problematic.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

LLJKSiLk posted:

Calling them speedsters really triggers me. Out of respect for those of us who move at regular speed we should refer to them as above-average runners. There's really no excuse for speedism in this thread. I'm gonna write up a 5 page manifesto on my tumblr telling you why this is problematic.

Didn't you explicitly want this line of discussion to stop? That was your only other post in the thread. Why quote some unrelated dude to dredge it back up?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

LLJKSiLk posted:

Making fun of legitimate issues of racial portrayals on TV, un-ironically using the term SJW and invoking "tumblr" and "triggering" sarcastically really makes me think your opinion is worth following, bruh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I'm going to have to make some adjustments to my list of superhero TV show thread opinions to follow now.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Guy A. Person posted:

Didn't you explicitly want this line of discussion to stop? That was your only other post in the thread. Why quote some unrelated dude to dredge it back up?

Fair enough. Do we have confirmation that the events of Flashpoint are going to align the Supergirl series into the rest of the CW universe or whatever?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

LLJKSiLk posted:

Fair enough. Do we have confirmation that the events of Flashpoint are going to align the Supergirl series into the rest of the CW universe or whatever?

No, I think we got confirmation that this is not happening and Flashpoint is confined to Flash-only.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

No, I think we got confirmation that this is not happening and Flashpoint is confined to Flash-only.

And hopefully only like 2 episodes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cast from other shows have been talking about it, so I think it will touch them but probably only around the crossover or something.

They're not going to use something that has never been addressed on their shows like that, it would be crazy.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah, it sounds like Flashpoint lasts an episode or two but then there are lingering effects once things go back to "normal".

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lingering effects bets:

1) Someone who was a bad guy is now a good guy
2) Someone who was a good guy is now a bad guy
3) Iris is now in a deeply committed relationship with someone else. Again.
4) Barry's mother lived and father died.
5) Cisco is still rich.

Place your bets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They already did 1, you probably forgot because they didn't go anywhere with it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

They already did 1, you probably forgot because they didn't go anywhere with it.

I remember. I almost wonder if they will use this to flip him back so they can re-use footage from that episode again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't have to do that, they can just have someone dub new dialogue and use the old footage.

"Hello friend Barry. You look tense, let me show you this new sonic massage machine I developed. Don't forget to scream out the tenseness in your muscles, that's how it escapes the body."

"Happy birthday, Cisco! I have your present right here, let me just cut it from my flesh. I had it placed there so I could be sure you wouldn't find where I'd hidden it. By the way this toiletless, no lunch steam room you created is the best!"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Eddie's character on Quantico is dead. Bring back Eddie.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

jscolon2.0 posted:

Eddie's character on Quantico is dead. Bring back Eddie.

Eddie: *friendly shoulder pat* "What's up bear?" *locks lips with Iris*
Barry: "Back to the usual I guess..." *looks at pictures of Iris :flashfap:

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Guy A. Person posted:

The Top - Making you his Bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.