Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor


OOC Thread
Influence Sheet

Hopefully you don’t suffer too much from vertigo because your base is in the Cloud Quarter, home of the rich and famous! Even though you've only just gotten together as a team, it seems like the world has its eyes on you more so than any average team. You are quite the eclectic bunch after all.



Your base has been built with a more collaborative approach, with influences from both Fuseon and Riavell. In particular, the living quarters of your base has adopted a recent fad that blends the zen and relaxing natures of Riavellan architecture with the futuristic technology of Fuseon intermingled in a non-invasive way. From the naked eye, you probably wouldn't even be able to notice the technology present in the living quarters. No expenses were saved in the creation of your base, don't you feel lucky?





You've been gathered to the briefing room located at the center of your base. A large circular room with holographic viewing screens, you see maps of Harmonia and various danger zones alongside wanted posters and dossiers on prominent villains in Harmonia. A circular couch sits at the center of the room and once you've all made your seats, a large viewing screen appears before you, showcasing the opening for your new team.

Opening Theme Song

The scene opens with the team sitting on the edge of the Cloud Quarter. Some have their feet hanging over the edge as they look over Harmonia from on high. Ghost turns her head to the rest of her team and nods her head before pushing herself off the edge. The others follow her as the drums come in. The camera zooms out and the text "The Unstoppable Wonder Valkyries" pops onto the screen in colorful, playful font.

Pictures fly by of the main cast hanging out with each other, doing various activities together. After that, individual photos of the cast start flashing in one by one, showing them all in costume and trying to put their game faces on, with a few who probably try and fail at it. Finally, the last picture flashes in, and it's of Ghost, holding a camera close to her face, as she takes a group selfie with everybody.

The camera cuts to a concrete wall. Cracks form in it, then Feijiang bursts out of it, spinning through the air like a tornado. With her twin axes in her hands, she cuts through the debris and then lands on the ground. It then focuses on her kneeling on the ground. She is lit from behind, casting most of her features in an intimidating shadow. Then she slowly stands up and takes her pose, and the lighting shifts to capture her in a dramatic, rather than scary light.

An image of Fuseon pops up on the left side followed by an image of Riavell on the other side. Spark then appears in the middle, coated in flames that wrap around the images of the two sides and forcefully tries to bring them together. Following the drum cues, the two sides move closer and closer together before they merge. The screen flashes and then transitions to Spadertaal bursting out from the ground. He has a small flower on his head. Noticing it, his huge, scary claws pick up the flower and place it back on the ground. Roots and vines grow rapidly from the flower, covering the screen as the song transitions to the chorus.

The camera does a 360 pan around Miss Wraith as she creates a blizzard, her skirt fluttering in the wind created. The screen gets obscured by the ice until Clatterclaw jumps through it, slashing at the screen vertically with a happy-go-lucky look on her face. The cuts expand into a scene change of Vitreloy. Enemies surround Vitreloy as he looks calmly around, stood in a grassy field, a bird lands on his bark covered arm and Vitreloy smiles softly as he lets the bird move onto his right arm, metallic and malformed. His left arm, mould ridden, rises and his fist tightens as the ground begins to shake. The small bird flies away and Vitreloy's bionic eyes shines as his right arm turns and the churning liquid metal in his veins pulsates faster. The enemies guns misfire in their hands, exploding slightly as vines erupt from the ground, wrapping round the men and pulling them to the floor. Vitreloy smirks letting the bird land once more on his metallic arm.

The camera travels in a line and passes through prominent figures for Team 2 such as Gareth, Ivan and Giovanni, Ms. Gammon, Qiling the Phoenix, Dr Winters and Foxfire. The final scene has Ghost beckoning everyone into a group photo. Feijiang looks slightly more reluctant than others as they begin to pose. Ghost sets up a camera stand and phases through the camera to get into position. There's a flash, and then we see the final picture.

Spark stands a bit further to the left, slightly separated from the rest of the team. She flicks her wrist out and on her upward palm constructs of flame appear, first a question mark, then a rose and then some complicated symbol that she looks vaguely disturbed by. Tunneler stands on the opposite side of Clatterclaws, claws united in a clapping motion, looking positively elated. Clatterclaw stands next to Ghost on her left, a fairly confident but non-smug smile on her face, arms crossed and her claws hanging to the sides from the sleeves of her cloak that is hung over her shoulders. Miss Wraith can be seen behind her, partially obscured as she peeks at the camera. Meanwhile, Ghost, the one the team chose as their leader, stands in the middle, making a V-Sign pose while winking excitedly at the camera, all while giving a great big bright smile. Vitreloy stands slightly to the back, putting him between Ghost and Feijing, liquid metal floating in his transformed hand and his little avian friend sitting on hi bark covered shoulder. Lastly, Feijiang stands on the far right of the group, holding one of her axes in the air and the other towards the ground. She casts a fiery eye towards the camera, and grins wildly. The camera lingers on it for a moment, before it zooms out to reveal a wall of pictures, with the team photo in the middle of it all.


The screen dissipates as the promotional video finishes and a hooded figure appears at the entrance of the room. He walks to the center and takes off his hood, revealing himself to be Gareth, Vitreloy's brother.

"Good job with the video everyone! For those who do not know who I am, let me introduce myself. My name is Gareth Craven and normally, I'm one of the councillor of Harmonia. However, due to the special nature of this team, Silvia and El Divani decided that I should be the supervisor for your team."

He nods his head, making sure that he has everyone's attention. He portrays a confidence in public speaking that gives him a strong presence. His face portrays a friendly smile as he continues to brief the group.

"To begin with, I bring the results of the vote for Team Leader. By a strong majority, Ghost has been elected to run your team. I congratulate you on your success and hope that you can lead your team to many more victories. Now, being with the Heroes of Harmonia comes with rules that need to be followed. Breaking the law is strictly forbidden. While normally there would be stricter rules regarding property damage, special exceptions have been made for your group due to the nature of your powers. Most importantly, never forget that the world is watching you, not just Harmonia. Stay together and represent the more positive values of the unity of Fuseonians and Riavellans."

As if on cue, a loud beeping noise originated from the main computer of the briefing room followed by the image of Lextrix Shopping Center, one of the largest malls in all of Harmonia. Scenes of a forest sprite on a giant tree titan are shown, causing havoc and damaging the place. Gareth did not look to even be fazed by the commotion as he turns to the team.

"Well, it looks like your next mission has arrived. Good luck and do us proud."

- - - - -

You've managed to make it to the mall and have been able to get a better picture of what's going on. For one thing, it looks like the forest sprite is still riding the tree titan. Mini tree titans seemed to have spawned as well, following the two in their rampage. Civillians were still in the area, trying their best to run away from the chaos. Now would probably be a good time for you to step in.




Your communicators buzz as Gareth's voice comes to life.

"Be careful, forest sprites have a very strong affinity with trees and tree titans. You can almost say they're symbiotic. If you want to do any meaningful damage to either of them, you're going to need to seperate them."

Special Rule: So long as the forest sprite and main tree titan are together, they cannot take any conditions

Everyone

What did you think about the promotional video and Ghost being nominated the leader? Is there something in the base that is just your favourite thing in the world and now you can’t imagine living without it? How do you feel about the information Gareth just gave you?

Ghost

Well, it looks like your big mouth has gotten you into the position of being the leader. Is it something that you actually wanted to happen? How do you feel about your teammates in comparison to yourself? They all seem to be strange or powerful in some way, shape or form while you are just... you.

What do you do?

Feijiang

This is outrageous! How dare Ghost take away your rightful position as team leader? Isn't it frustrating how someone so mundane got elected by everyone to be the leader of your awesome team? Well now's the time to show them what you've got, especially since you get to fight against such a large and powerful creature.

What do you do?

Clatterclaw and Miss Wraith

Hey, isn't there someone you recognize in the crowd? Wait, it's Jessica Kevins! She's awfully close to the action and almost looks petrified in fear. Do you want to go save her? How do you feel about seeing her here?

What do you do?

The Tuneller

Woah, first living in the sky and now being in a mall! A lot of strange and wonderful things are happening today. How do you feel about all the changes from life underground? Also, one of your leaders has contacted you recently. What did they want and how did they do so?

What do you do?

Spark

Oh, there's a lot of innocent people in the crowd. In fact, there are some people who you recognize as believers of the Cult of the Sacred Flame. How do you feel about using powers in such a public place, especially with your followers watching you? Do you feel the pressure to meet all the expectations that they've set for you?

What do you do?

Vitreloy

Did you know that your brother was going to be your supervisor? How do you feel to have your brother watching over all your actions as a member of the team? Does seeing the forest sprite bring back any memories of your life back in Riavell?

What do you do?

Team

Does the leader has Influence over every teammate: Yes (+1)

Does everyone has the same purpose in the fight: Yes (+1)

Does any team member mistrust the leader or the team: Yes (-1)

Is your team is ill-prepared or off-balance: No (-0)

You start with 3 Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016


Vitreloy
Fre +3 | Dan +1 | Sav +0 | Sup + 0 | Mud -1
Potential: 0/5. Conditions:

I've never been afraid of heights, climbing trees gets rid of that fear quick but man, even I got a few jitters getting this high up. Can't believe it's got its own solar room, could grow whatever I wanted in here, change temperatures and humidity at will. That's going to make all those clippings my mother sends last longer. This is great! Huh, maybe technology isn't so bad at being in tune with nature. Pretty cool place, can't wait to really check it out.
Promotional video was alright. Who the hell is it for? I mean it's sweet but, what, the wanting kids to look up to us.
Think it definitely makes us look like a proper team though.
Video finishes and I recognise his robes before he pulls his hood down. What the hell is Gareth doing here?
My mouth drops as he tells us he's our new supervisor. Why didn't he tell me?
No way! Oh no! This must be my fault or something, some kind of punishment on my brother from my mistakes. All the trouble I've caused since I got to Harmonia.
He used to govern entire districts, help bring in new laws. Now he's stuck babysitting us lot. drat, if we mess up it'll all be on my big brother...
Gareth's never been my boss before wonder what that will be like, I doubt fun.
I look behind him as he's talking to see if I can spot Ressiant, his awesome bodyguard, but she's not around it seems.
drat, I hope she's still looking out for him.
He says Ghost is leader and it makes me smile. I know she'll do a good job, the best job. I wouldn't have voted for her otherwise.
Gareth reels off the normal rubbish. Don't forget we are being watched. Yeah. That's not new. Besides the fact I am a walking, talking monster, Craven's are always being watched.
Suddenly we are off on our first mission, but all I can do is think about my big brother, and how much I now need to talk to him.


We arrive at the mall and it's chaos. It's funny, all the tree titans I used to know back home were quite peaceful creatures. The sprites were cheeky little asses but they pulled pranks not wrecked buildings. Then again, that's living in Udan for you.
Gareth's right, the pair will be unstoppable, we will have to separate them.
I put my tree like arm to the ground and feel the earth beneath me, sensing the titans. I wanted to know I had magic I'm the ground for now, but I wouldn't act till Ghost told me so. She might see an angle I hadn't thought of, but I was ready for action.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2016 around 21:49

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

~While still in base~

Clatterclaw watches the video with a grin on her face, even airing little giggles at the more 'dramatic' parts. Wraith, for her part, hung behind the sofa, face scrunched up in an expression that, whilst not disdainful, did seem somewhat critical to say the least.

"Seems a bit overwrought..."

"Haha, I know right? Amazingly so! It has just the right mix of corny and awesome. I love it!" Clatterclaw gives a little clap and a laugh, and jumps up to her feet. "Hey Ghost? Congrats on the leadership. I'm sure you'll do well!" She walks to the leader and slaps her (gently!) on the shoulder "But hey? Want to go check out that holodeck? We could spar before our first mission comes up. Or you know, just pull out the 'tropical beach' mod if you aren't feeling it, hah! The most watched after team of pretty young heroes in the entire city needs to relax on occasion too, after all! Seriously though, I hear it even has a high powered lamp arrangement to simulate the sun. Pretty swanky."

She starts strutting towards the corridor to the holodeck, looking across her shoulder with an expectant look, before continuing walking. "Well, whatever you decide, me and Miss Wraith will go check that thing out in detail." She gives a little wave and struts out of view. Miss Wraith merely takes a shortcut through the wall.

"Bye..."


~Mission~

drat, drat, drat.

Clatterclaw dropped to the floor with a graceful thump, her giant claws leaving little gouges on the floor tiling as she bent on her knees and spread her legs and arms to absorb the blow from the drop. She had been on the ground for all of a second when she already noted the frankly ludicrous amounts of problems they would be facing. Civilians everywhere and- was that Jessica!?

The little communications charm Miss Wraith had helpfully drawn on every team member's tongue activated as Clatterclaw spoke "Wraith, is that Je-"

"Yes.", the ghost answered from her vantage point near the roof.

"What is she DOING h-" Oh right. This was a large mall during free hours and she was a teenage girl. Duh. "Uhh right never mind that, we have to help her somehow!"

"She's on the opposite side of the titan from you. I did not see her when I dropped you..."

"Hey it's not like I'm blaming you, what's done is done." Poor Jessica, what would she do?

"Right," Clatterclaw opened the common channel "Me and Wraith are going to run some intel, but could one of you on the opposite side of the titan from me save that tan girl with the red curly hair? Who's basically the closest person to the action, the fool she is" Oh god please run Jessica I'll be there as fast as I can, "she's a friend of ours."

All she could hope was that one of her teammates would be fast enough as she started circling the titan to get closer to her friend, keeping a keen eye on the surroundings with Miss Wraith as she did.

quote:

Theantero: Assess the situation with Clatterclaw and Wraith using my BOND
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 7+2 = 9

I get an extra question due to my bond 'Four eyes are better'. Asking:
-what here is in the greatest danger?
-how could we best end this quickly?

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2016 around 23:14

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid
Location: Lextrix Shopping Center

"Hey dad. Sorry I haven't called in a while, things have been a little... hectic. Oh, no, I'm fine, don't worry about me, I'm a hero now after all! Haha, I know, I know. Hm? The cookies? Oh! Yea, I had to get a little help getting them here, but I got them! But uh dad, don't you think you've made a little too many? Sure, I'll share them. Thanks dad! Hm? What? "The Guardian Bell's Spirit Lives On? That's... uh, well you know Ms. Gammon, she knows how to write headlines that gets people's attention. I'll be fine, dad. I know. Love you too."

--

I keep thinking, there's going to be a point when all of this won't be a surprise anymore. It's all going to be boring, and mundane, like everything else in my life before all this. But now is not that point. Our base is in the sky. The sky! Just a few weeks ago I was a semi-normal girl, with a normal part-time job, going to a normal school, living a normal life. I was part of the crowds that watched heroes from afar, watching them save the day so people like me can sleep easy. And now? Now I'm a part of them. Me! Can you believe it? Because I sure can't. It all feels like a dream. Like I'm going to wake up one day, and I'm back at my house, living my boring, normal life again.

Or it'll be a nightmare and everything around me starts exploding. Again.

I shake my head and pat my cheeks. Okay, Pepper, stop thinking like that. You're a hero now. You can't let those doubts creep into you. You need to stand strong and keep moving forward!

I go to the hero archive room to clear my head a little. Sure it's not the fanciest place in our BASE IN THE GOSH DARN SKY, but it's my favorite place to be. There's so much information about current and past heroes here, more than you can ever find down below, it's almost overwhelming. You'd think reading about other heroes and their adventures would make me feel worse about myself, but it doesn't. It's more, I dunno, inspiring? There's something about reading about how they fight, how some manage to win, no matter how stacked the cards are against them, that just make me feel like, maybe, I have a chance. I can be like them too. I can be like mom.

--

"That.was.SO.COOL!!!" I couldn't contain my excitement, and can you blame me? I was on TV! We all where on TV! And we all looked AWESOME! The camera work! The effects! The music, oh my god the music! All of it was perfect! They even went and used all the shots I made! But did they really have to use those shots? Ugh.

I think back to those photos, and I felt my face scrunch up into a frown. The focus was all off, and none of them were properly centered. Sheesh, what was I thinking with that one? The composition is awful. I wonder if they'll let me take new pictures that aren't as embarrassing for the next one.

I don't know how I feel about Gareth. I've never really met him face to face, but everything Vitreloy told me about him makes him sound a little... controlling? Maybe it's a bit unfair for me to judge me when I've never talked with him, but there's just something about him that I just don't tr-.... Wait.

What did he just say?

...
...
...

WHAT!?

I'M the leader? This is a joke, right? You can't be serious? Of all the amazing and super powerful people here, they picked ME? The girl who's only power is phasing over things that scare me? The one with NO battle experience? There's no way this is right. This is a mistake. I wasn't serious when I elected myself. It was just me letting my dumb emotions get the best of me, that's all! I didn't think they would vote for me! No, I gotta talk to somebody, this is obviously wrong, this is-

I felt a light slap on my back, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was Clatterclaw. "Uh..." Holodeck? Training? Wait, what was that about a beach mod? Huh? "I... thanks?"

Okay, calm down Pepper. It's fine. You're fine. You can do this. You have time. It's not like you're going to be thrown into a mission right this second.

...Wait, what's that sound?

--

Are you serious?

This can't be real. This is not real. I don't know if I can handle this right now. I made all that talk about being a hero and making a difference, and yet here I am, scared out of my mind. Feijiang has been giving me these looks on our way here and they sure haven't been improving my mood any.

Wait, Clatterclaw and Miss Wraith's friend? Oh God.

"We..." I pause and let out a nervous gulp. I try to force the words to come out of my mouth but I can't.

No. I can't do this. Not right now. Their friend is in danger, and so are all those people. We need to stop this. I need to fight through this fear. They're counting on me, and I, I can't let them down now. Think. What would Ms. Gammon say?

"I'll... I'll go save your friend,. Tunneler, you and I will concentrate on saving the civilians. Vitreloy, Feijiang, Spark, I need you three to keep the bad guys busy, give Clatterclaw and Miss Wraith enough time to gather intel, and make sure to keep them away from the civilians, their safety is our priority. Once we have the info, we'll engage them fully, until then, don't be reckless!"

Did I actually say all that? Doesn't matter. There's no time for that. Those people are in danger, and I'm the one who can get to them the quickest by phasing through all the debris. I can't afford to hesitate now.

quote:

<Hugzilla> gonna protect the heck out of some dudes
<Hugzilla> .roll 2d6+2
<Platonibot> Hugzilla: 10 (2d6+2=6, 2)
<TheNabster> Good job
<Hugzilla> heck yes

Marked Afraid to get back the lost Team, and using my 10 defend roll to clear it.

When you defend someone or something from an immediate threat, roll + Savior. For NPC threats: on a hit, you keep them safe and choose one:
• clear a condition

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Sep 24, 2016 around 10:10

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 -> +3 | Sav: +0 -> -1 | Sup: +1| Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Hmph."

As the group watches the video, Feijiang stands in the back with her arms crossed. She looks conspicuously unimpressed. And maybe she is, or maybe she's just acting that way. She has been pretty obviously grumpy ever since she lost the vote for Team Leader.

It didn't make sense. It perplexed her to no end! Why in the name of Heaven did everybody seem to rally around the weakest and simplest person there? Feijiang had been thinking about it all night, and all morning. And all it did was ruin her sleep.

On the bright side, she did notice the brand-new video game console in the base's main living room. Feijiang could look forward to trying out the new Death in the Shadow of Rose game when this was all over, at least. Apparently they had implemented a whole, new combo system in this one! With dodge offsetting and frame canceling!

When the team prepares to leave, Feijiang makes sure to smile confidently and give him a traditional Riavellan salute on the way out.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure nothing goes wrong."

---

It just takes Feijiang one second for her to decide what she wants to do. There's a big monster here, and it's threatening people, and that's all that matters. Anything more than overthinking it.

Wait for intel? Don't be reckless? Please! This is monster-hunting, not a battle of grand strategy!

This was Feijiang's chance to show what initiative looked like.

"I'm going after the big one!" Feijiang shouts, already dashing forward. She wastes no time, and charges straight for the largest titan.

"UuurYAH!" As she gets close, Feijiang leaps into the air and does a dramatic, horizontal spin. She becomes a roaring, bladed whirlwind flying right towards the titan's head!

If she was going to slay this beast, she would need to remove its protection. And sure, one could look at this like a complicated puzzle or, on the other hand, they could just take care of it. A sprite riding a titan is just like any other kind of mounted warrior, is he not? And what does a mounted warrior fear more than anything else?

Being dismounted.

BOOM! Feijiang crashes into the titan. Sure, her ability to damage the thing might be limited for now, but the right blow in the right place should send the sprite tumbling right to the ground. Or, perhaps, even the titan itself...

---

Feijiang charges directly into battle (Directly Engaging), hedging no bets and in doing so activates The Bull's Punch Everyone move which allows me to shift my Danger up and another label down. I shift Danger up to 3 and Savior down to -1.

Since this is directly ignoring and doing the opposite of what Ghost says, I add +1 because this is a move frustrating my rival.

<Takanago> OK, Feijiang is charging directly at the big monster no holds barred, shifting her labels & blowing off Ghost's orders
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+4
<Platonibot> Takanago: 14 (2d6+4=5, 5)
Nice.

Choosing two Direct Engage results for a 10+:
-Take something from them (the forest sprite's protection)
-Create an opportunity for your allies

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Ooh, Wraith! Have you met Feijiang she's so cool~", the private line between Clatterclaw and Miss Wraith sputtered to life, "She knows when to take action~"

"Charges the enemy like she means it~"

"Doesn't waste time on pointle-"

"Yeah yeah I get it", Clatterclaw responded with some annoyance to her other half's snark. "At least she seems somewhat successful in what she's trying to accomplish yeah? If she manages to topple the giant and separate it from that tiny dude we can probably swoop in and end this before it's really even begun. And if that happens then her plan of action will have been the correct one right? So shut it."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M



Freak: +2 Danger: +1 Savior: 0 Superior: +1 Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 Conditions:

quote:

Everyone

What did you think about the promotional video and Ghost being nominated the leader? Is there something in the base that is just your favourite thing in the world and now you can’t imagine living without it? How do you feel about the information Gareth just gave you?

Spark

Oh, there's a lot of innocent people in the crowd. In fact, there are some people who you recognize as believers of the Cult of the Sacred Flame. How do you feel about using powers in such a public place, especially with your followers watching you? Do you feel the pressure to meet all the expectations that they've set for you?

What do you do?


Well I've seen worse I suppose the video is cheesy as hell.I still don't know what that symbol was though, it felt familiar like something I've always known how to do Yet I've never seen it before It's just weird I guess. I still think the team name is dumb it's not what I would have picked but hey if it works they can call us the Idiots from Idiotville for all I care. And I'm really happy for Ghost I know she'll be a great leader, I wouldn't have voted for her if I thought otherwise. She actually thinks things through rather than rush in. As for the base well it's uh... wow. They clearly spared no expense in getting this place set up. I'm pretty sure the bed I'm sleeping in costs more than my parents earn in a year. But my favourite part of it has to be the pool. It's huge, I can't imagine how they got the water all the way up here. And I've always loved swimming and relaxing by the pool. Hell I might even get a tan if I'm lucky. And I can keep fit by going for a swim every morning. I don't know how I ever lived without it. In fact I could just go and have another one right now... Maybe I can persuade Ghost to join me, She'd look good in one of those cute one piece swimsuits....



drat it. Looks like there's work to do. Ok so giant wooden tree thing that walks and a little Pixie thing on a rampage. The Riavellans treat this like it's a regular day but I'm still kind of in awe at this sort of thing. Still we have to stop it or people are going to get hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I listened to Ghost's plan. "Ok got ya." I said with a smile that looked more confident than I felt. "One distracted tree thing coming up." Tree's are made of wood right, so this thing should burn pretty well. A few singes ougtha to slow it down. I think. I hope.

[14:33] Ferrosol flame on
[14:33] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[14:33] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2 = 2
marking three conditions Insecure Hopless Guilty marking potential at least

I reached inside of myself for the flames normally they were close to the surface eager to come out but in this case there was nothing it was like it wasn't there. I was an idiot a failure, I wasn't good enough people were getting hurt and I couldn't do anything to help them. Perhaps I better run and hide leave it to the real heroes. I might as well show myself a coward. That was all I was good for. Then it was like someone flipped a switch inside of me. The fire boiled out of me and the spark in my eyes lit up. The world looked clear better, more simple. I could feel the fire burning in me yearning needing to be released. And what do you know there was a tree right in front of me asking for it. I let go. All of it. That awful glorious fire flowed through me and it burned it all burned!

[14:49] Ferrosol it's on fire now [directly engage]
[14:49] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[14:49] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4 = 4
spending one burn to unleash using freak but taking -2 due to being hopeless, Collateral damage is happening marking potential

The tree the mall, a few of the bystanders. Oh crap I'm hurting them but I can't stop. Worse a part of me doesn't want to stop. I want to see them burn! No I have to stop I have too! Someone help. I knew a lot of the people from the Cult would be there, it was the nearest shopping mall to their chapel after all. I thought I recognised some of them as I landed, I'm sure some of them recognised me. And I failed in front of all them. "help me." I whispered into my communicator.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


The Tunneler
Fre: +1 Dan: -1 Sav: +1 Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 Conditons:


Spadertaal-Karaan understands that no expense is being spared in housing them. The Cloud Quarter is the fanciest quarter in Harmonia, and to give them a base in such a place is a sign of the trust and appreciation the city has in them. It's a great honor.

...but he can't help but feel uneasy about being surrounded by the sky, about being miles and miles away from the good, solid, protective earth. While not exactly afraid of heights, he was a bit uncomfortable so high up. It had taken him some time to muster the courage to drop down for the video.

But it was worth it! The video was so nice, and energetic, and it made them look so good! 'Oh, we absolutely have to live up to the expectations this generated!' It was a bit of a daunting prospect, in fact. Between the video and the base, it was clear that Mr. Gareth and everyone else expected great things from them. But the Unstoppable Wonder Valkyries weren't going to disappoint them! He intends to give Mr. Gareth the best impression possible, for the sake of his mission, for the sake of his generosity and niceness and..., yes, for that. No other reason, obviously.

The revelation that Ghost had been elected as leader is somewhat surprising for Tunneler, even though he had voted for her. He believes that, for a group as unusual as theirs, someone who is relatively normal would make a better "face" for the team when they interacted with the rest of Harmonia; did the others reach the same conclusion? Or did he fail to notice some other leaderly characteristic that she had? He ought to ask his teammates about this later.

------


When Feijiang charged at the titan against the wishes of the team leader, Tunneler thought: "Oh no! That is terrible! "

This speaks of the lack of perspective and experience of the young hero. He had an occasion to witness something closer to terrible soon thereafter, when another teammate rained fire and destruction on the mall.

Panic made him default to methods he knew worked: he dug straight down and found the water tube. A moment later he jumped out of the hole, tube held firmly in his claws, directing the jet of water towards the flames.

Save civilians from the fire: 2d6+1 9

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Sep 28, 2016 around 13:18

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor


The duo were so focused on doing damage to the mall that Feijiang's attack hits them unexpectedly. The titan staggers backwards from Feijiang's hit and causes the sprite to lose its grip and fling off.

"Already!?" The spirte exclaims frustratedly as it notices the group of heroes who have unceremoniously made their entrance. He pushes himself up to see the tree titan still reeling.

Meanwhile, large flames gather around Spark as she tries to use her powers. The flames soon turn into sinuous, flaming tendrils that lash out erratically, crashing into anything that stood in its way. It's quickly apparent to everyone that Spark has no control over the tendrils as parts of the mall start collapsing and some innocent people are caught in the crossfire. Luckily for Jessica Kevins, Ghost manages to hold onto her and make her intangible just as a tendril slashes through them. Feijiang is not as lucky as one of the tendrils smashes her right into the stomach and into the ground. On the other hand, the Tunneler manages to dissuade the tendrils from attacking a nearby group of civilians through the clever use of water, but unintentionally makes himself a target as the tendrils repeatedly attack him.

Feijiang and The Tunneler take a powerful blow

Seeing the chaos, the sprite quickly throws his hands out towards the tree titan as a spell circle appears underneath it. Suddenly, a large, translucent barrier formed around the tree titan, protecting it from the tendrils that repeatedly smashes into the barrier, trying to break it down through sheer force to no success. One of the tendrils does collide with the spirte, however, causing him to tumble along the floor.

<The Forest Sprite marks Angry>

"Don't you see, everyone!" The forest sprite calls out, pointing towards Spark. "This is the reason why the two sides cannot co-exist! We get dangerous monsters who masquerade themselves as allies! Harmonia has no need for expansion!"

The barrier around the dissipates as the titan starts to gain its footing. The sprite turns its attention onto Spark and calls forth vines that quickly make their way towards the heroine. While there are some civilians who have been knocked out and slightly burnt due to Spark's attack, nearly everyone else has evacuated the mall by this point. In fact, the only civilian that is still here is Jessica.

Ghost

"You saved my life!" Jessica says in astonishment, her mind still reeling from everything going on. "Hey, wait a minute, is that Rachel? Rachel! Raaaachelll! You've got to get out of here! Oh, my god, you've got to help me. That's my friend, Rachel, over there. You've got to get her out of danger! I won't leave without her!"

Well, this is a bit of an awkward situation. It seems like Clatterclaw didn't bother to tell her that she was a superhero and from the looks of things, she looks stubborn enough to follow through with not leaving until her friend does. Also, this mission has managed to turn badly really quickly. Do you blame yourself for what's going on?

What do you do?

Clatterclaw & Miss Wraith

quote:

What here is in the greatest danger?

Since most of the civilians have vacated by this point, the only non-superpowered person who is conscious around here is Jessica. Additionally, you can still see bodies of unconscious people lying around the mall. They look to be alive, for the moment, but they can very easily get even more injured if they're not evacuated, especially with the fires that are slowly approaching them.

quote:

How could we best end this quickly?

It seems that the forest sprite seems to be the one who is spearheading this operation. If you take him out, the tree titan will probably lose its motivation and leave. Even if it doesn't, the forest sprite does have protection magic to keep the tree titan safe. Either way, your best bet is to make sure the forest sprite goes down.

Thank god for Ghost. If it wasn't for her, Jessica could've been in a whole load of trouble. Still, you have other things to worry about. Like for one thing, Jessica doesn't seem to be leaving and is calling out to you. Doesn't she know how much danger she's in? With so much going on, what do you think the team should focus on?

What do you do?

Spark

The forest sprite's words hit you very hard as you start to regain control of your powers. Looking around, it seems that some of your followers got caught up in the fiasco of your powers. Maybe you are just a danger to the people around you. Still, you aren't given that much time to think as you notice the vines snaking their way towards you.

The Forest Sprite is using his influence to shift your Danger up and your Saviour down.

What do you do?

Feijiang

Man, that has got to hurt. You managed to set up the perfect opportunity for your team and they still find a way to mess up. Just whose fault is this since it obviously isn't yours?

What do you do?

The Tuneller

Jesus, that probably didn't go as well as you expected. Have you ever seen Spark like that, even with how much the two of you hang out together? You look around and see flames advancing menacingly towards a pair of unconscious humans. However, you also see the Forest Sprite a short distance away attacking your friend!

What do you do?

Vitreloy

Well, it looks like Feijiang didn't listen to Ghost and a whole series of unfortunate events have occurred. Still, you've managed to avoid most of the chaos for now. Time is of the essence and there are quite a few problems you need to deal with. How do you feel about all that's happened and what are your priorities?

What do you do?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Clatterclaw spoke to the comms, "Right, the only conscious civvie on the premises is that girl with Ghost, but there are a lot of unconscious people still at great danger at these locations", Miss Wraith helpfully overlaid little ghost light over the people at biggest risk. "Also, the little sprite dude can protect the titan. Focus him down first and the big one should lose interest. If not, at least he'll be way easier to take down."

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to join the fray myself." With a grin, Clatterclaw and Miss Wraith started circling the titan in opposite directions, trying to catch the sprite in a pincer movement. Clatterclaw jumped and weaved, cutting the vines in her path with her sharp claws like a dervish, whilst Miss Wraith was content on withering the ones on her side with necromantic energies.

Clatterclaw, for her part, was perhaps making a bit more of a show of her movements than what was necessary. She had taken the side Jessica was on, after all, and wanted to show the girl that she was perfectly capable of handling her own. And, well, she liked to perform for an audience anyway.

Unfortunately, focusing on showing off meant she did not focus on one of the vines weaving towards her neck...

quote:

Theantero Engage tiny sprite dude!
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 4+1 = 5
jimmydalad: don't forget your asseses
Theantero: uh right
Theantero: that's a 6

If somebody chucks me TEAM to deal with that stray vine, I'll pick 'take something from them', in this case their vines and any other stuff the sprite might be trying to grow as it's hacked and withered to pieces.

Also, I shared my Assess info with the team so be free to use those +1s for yourselves

Theantero fucked around with this message at Sep 25, 2016 around 12:41

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:
Location: Burning Lextrix Shopping Center

"Feijiang, no! Wait!" Argh, can't she at least pretend to listen to my orders? Fine. Whatever. She can do what she wants. I don't care!

...Okay, I do care. I care a lot. I just want her to trust me, but I guess she just sees me as a burden, and can you blame her? I just, I just want her to- did it just get really hot in here?

It was fire. Fire was spreading everywhere, and before I could process what was going on, I noticed a giant, flaming tendril head to Jessica's direction.

"Get down!" I tried to move her out of the way, but there was no way I could get her out in time. The flames were coming too fast. I grabbed onto her, and before I know it, the flames passed by us, leaving both of us without a scratch. I somehow managed to make her intangible too when I grabbed onto her.

"Huh. Didn't even know I can do that."

"You saved my life!" Jessica says in astonishment,

"Haha, y-yea, I guess I did!" I couldn't help but beam a little. That was close, but I was just happy I managed to make it to her in time.

"help me."

Wait, that was Spark's voice. Is she in trouble? "Spark? Hey Spark, what's wrong?"

That's when I noticed it. The fire was coming from her. Oh no, Spark. What's happening to you? Is this because of me? Was this from my orders? Did I... Did I make a mistake?

I have to go to her. She needs help. I have to help her.

"Hey, wait a minute, is that Rachel? Rachel! Raaaachelll! You've got to get out of here! Oh, my god, you've got to help me. That's my friend, Rachel, over there. You've got to get her out of danger! I won't leave without her!"

Oh, no no no no no. Not this, not right now. I need to go help Spark, but I can't just leave Jessica alone, and oh no, are those people unconscious? Why is this happening? When did things get worse? Is this all my fault? Everything is falling apart, and I don't know what to do.

No. I need to focus. I need to think, like Ms. Gammon taught me. I need to remember I'm not alone. I have my team, and I just need to believe in them. I want to help them, but I need to help Jessica right now. She'll only get hurt if she stays here, and I need to convince her to leave. I just need to think, what would I say if this was Marcy?

quote:

<Hugzilla> gonna pierce jessica's mask
<Hugzilla> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 9+3 = 12

Going to ask:
• what do you want me to do?
• how could I get Jessica to leave?
• what are you really planning?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Sep 25, 2016 around 14:20

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016


Vitreloy

drat this isn't going well. Everyone is working separately. Well at least tunneler has the right idea. If he can defend the civilians, I can can get us back on track.
I saw Clatterclaw in trouble, vines were winding their way dangerously around her.
I had vines of my own ready in the ground, having wanted to feel the earth beforehand and so I made them shoot out myself, near Clatterclaw. Counteracting, twisting and defending her as she dived through the attacking vines.
Now that should have been in the video!

Giving team point to clatterclaw!

Now I needed to help take out the spirte and fast. I unplugged one of my many tubes and heard it hiss as the vacuum released. Liquid metal poured out and obeyed me. For now.
Come on, I need this to work.
"Corrupt!" I yelled, releasing the metal and bending it to my will.
I tried to tell it to corrupt the ground just below where spirite was standing, keep it still, stuck in my metal, away from the titan and with its lack of connection to earth, I might be able to slow its magic down too.
And miss wraith and clatterclaw might get a good hit on him then, if it's stuck.

Jimmy, can I get a directly engage roll please
2d6+2 I think, one for danger, one for acting on clatterclaw info.
I be back home tomorrow, so no more rolls needed then.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at Sep 25, 2016 around 15:43

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Scarlettsmiles posted:

Jimmy, can I get a directly engage roll please
2d6+2 I think, one for danger, one for acting on clatterclaw info.
I be back home tomorrow, so no more rolls needed then.

Here's your thingy:

quote:

Theantero: Jimmeh do you want to roll Vitreloy's Engage? Or can I do it I'm feeling lucky
jimmydaladphone: I can do it
jimmydaladphone: But can you post it for me?
jimmydaladphone: !roll 2d6+2
Krysmbot: jimmydaladphone, 9+2 = 11
Theantero: sure I suppose I can

Congrats on your 11, you lucky bastard.

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016


Vitreloy

Thanks!

"Yes!" I whispered to myself.
It was working, I could feel the metal responding to my command, slithering along the ground towards the spirite. It soaked into the floor and I could see it corrupting the mall's tiled floors. Soaking back up, below the spirte metal latched onto his feet. I just had to hope it would be enough to hold him until clatterclaw and miss wraith could attack.

Take something from them
Opportunity for an ally

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at Sep 25, 2016 around 20:21

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1| Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Alright!" Feijiang grins as the forest sprite is sent tumbling down towards the ground. "Nows our chance-"

Her words are cut off as fiery tendrils fill the airspace around her. One of them even strikes her in the stomach, sending her crashing down as well! There's a small explosion of debris as Harmonia's most powerful teenage warrior hits the ground!

Oh no! Is this the end of Feijiang the Unstoppable?! Is she doomed to be struck down by mere friendly fire?!

<Takanago> Feijiang takes a powerful blow
<Takanago> .roll 2d6
<Platonibot> Takanago: 2 (2d6=1, 1)


Of course not, she seems to silently say as she stands up out of the rubble. She's barely even scratched. She whips her head around, and shoots a glare back at the source of the fire tendril that struck her. "Spark! What are you doing-!" She stops mid-sentence the moment she actually lays eyes upon the uncontrollable chaos of the flames. And hears the quiet cry for help.

"Spark!" Feijiang yells again, this time out of distress rather than anger. Before she moves, she quickly looks around the battlefield again, to take in the entire situation. The Forest Sprite still is the prime target. She could just focus on him and follow through with the plan she started... but is anybody going to do anything about Spark?

Feijiang casts an irritated side eye towards her so-called leader. If there were a time where a leader needed to take charge, it'd be now. If there was somebody who was supposed to be doing something about Spark, it'd be her. And now, of all times, Ghost is just standing around?!

Fine. I'll just do it myself. Clatterclaw and WIllard can handle the enemy...

Feijiang puts her axes behind her waist, then turns around and marches towards Spark with a determined look on her face. "Spark! Listen to me!" She doesn't even flinch as small bits of fire fly past her. "The flames may be out of control but it is just fire!"

She keeps moving forward, closer to Spark, until the is almost touching the edge of Spark's flames. By now Feijiang's entire front side is almost completely washed out by the fire's bright light. And yet she doesn't shy away. "Look! Look at me! Do I look hurt?" She gestures at her stomach. "I was hit right here. But I'm fine! It's just fire!"

"But you," Feijiang said, echoing the words of someone who comforted herself a long time ago. "You are more than that! And you can control your power!"

<Takanago> Feijiang's gonna (try to?) support & motivate Spark
<Takanago> .roll 2d6
<Platonibot> Takanago: 7 (2d6=2, 5)

Spark can either mark Potential, clear a condition, or shift labels if they open up to me.

Takanago fucked around with this message at Sep 25, 2016 around 20:09

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M



Freak: +2 Danger: +1 Savior: 0 Superior: +1 Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 Conditions: Insecure Hopeless Guilty

The fire flickered within me a little. And I was able to gain some control over the madness I'd spawned. I heard the sprite shout calling me a monster and to be honest looking at the destruction and the chaos I'd wrought on the people around me. People who were my friends my unwanted followers, my responsibility and I'd failed them maybe I was a monster.

accepting the sprites influence and shifting danger up to +2 and Savior down to -1

I thought they'd hate me. I hate me. I'm a monster a menace. A bigger threat and a bigger danger than what I came to stop. maybe I'm the one that deserves to be in jail. i'm not a hero. But Feijaing surprised me. She believes I can control my powers. That I'm better than this. She's wrong but I have to try if only because I'm only going to hurt more people if I don't. Reaching deep inside me I seized control of the flame and pulled in the tendrils of fire. I breathed out for what felt like the first time in an eternity and wove the strands of fire into a barrier. I couldn't tell you how I did it. It just felt right, and I put up a wall of flame between Feijaing and myself and the advancing vines. They wouldn't get through that unless....

Spending one burn to use Moat and removing Hopeless thanks to Feijaing

unless I lost control again. I had to find some way to stop the sprite and his tree titan before that happened. I just had too.

00:51] Ferrosol assessing the on fire situation
[00:51] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[00:51] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5-1 = 4
[00:51] Ferrosol worst nova

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


The Tunneler
Fre:+1 Dan:-1 Sav:+1 Sup:+2 Mun:0
Potential: 0/5 Conditions: Angry Afraid

Take a powerful blow from the flames: 2d6 8
Marking Angry and Afraid.

The heat... the sweltering, horrible heat. 'This must be what the lava-workers feel', thinks the Chthonian as he tries to aim the water pipe towards the flames; but soon enough he realizes that most of the water is evaporating before it even leaves the pipe, and the pipe itself is starting to melt. Frustrated, he drops it and traverses the flames, sweating up a storm in his adamantium armor. A barely potentially dangerous heat is enough to melt a Surfacer infrastructure, apparently. As much as he loves this place, the materials they build everything out of aren't worth squat.

He allows himself a moment to take a look on Spark. She's just barely started to get herself together, but Spade can see that she's so angry and scared stil. He hasn't known her for long, but he did always get the impression that she was full of compressed rage, a volcano on the very verge of erupting. This must be what the eruption looks like. It's... intimidating.

'It's...probably better to stay away from her for now. But how to be a reacher of the sprite then?'

The creature is still in the process of summoning the vines; he is still dangerously close to the titan. And Gareth recommended they be kept separated. A plan starts to form in the Tunneler's mind.

"Creature with the moustache!" He cries over the roar of the flames.
"I understand that this might be scary for you! A simple being such as yourself could see what is happening and think that their way of life might be in danger. It is not so! You will be allowed to be a prosperous grower within the the space assigned to you! Is that not wonderful?"

He feels a bit bad about saying such nasty things. But needs must. And after being already hit by Spark's fire, he is no hurry to get hit by the titan's club as well.

Provoke the sprite into charging at me, away from the titan: 2d6+2 11

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Sep 28, 2016 around 13:19

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor


The sprite's having a really bad day. He watches in frustration while his vines were abated by Vitreloy's. Even worse, he has to watch Clatterclaw mercilessly slash away all of his wonderful greenery. He lets out frustrated gargles as he suddenly enlarges one of the vines and smashes them into Vitreloy while the vine around Clatterclaw's neck chokes her and throws her into a wall. Afterwards, the vines immediately dissipate, the rest having been cut up by Clatterclaw's attacks.

Vitleroy and Clatterclaw & Miss Wraith take a powerful blow

<Forest Sprite marks Insecure>


At that point, he heard the Tuneller.

"You take that back! I am not simple!" He hollers, his desperate emotions blinding him from realizing Vitleroy's metal ensnaring his legs. As he tries to run towards the Tuneller, the bindings around his leg cause him to fall over. Now is the time to strike!

On the other hand, the tree titan had managed to regain its footing. Looking around, he immediately notices the flames coming from Spark. In a primal response, he swings his staff right at them. While Feijiang notices it and manages to avoid the swing in time, Spark was too busy trying to make sense of all the chaos around her that she suddenly finds herself on the receiving end of the attack!

Spark takes a powerful blow

The tree titan looks at Feijiang and readies another swing at her, adrenaline rushing through his veins as his instincts to fight kick in.

Then there's Jessica.

"Oh my god, what is Rachel doing? She can fight? With blades? Come on! You can do it, Rachel! Show that dumb creature what you've got! Oh my god, I hope she's not too hurt. Can you make sure she's ok?"

Clatterclaw & Miss Wraith

Your claws seem to have done the trick and you have the sprite on the back foot. Do you have any reservations about causing collateral damage in a public place, especially one as popular as Lextrix Shopping Center? You hear Jessica's cheers as well. In fact, they bolster you and increase the confidence that you have. You can take on the world, can't you?

Act as if you're on the receiving end of a comfort/support hit

What do you do?

Feijiang

Man, what the hell is Ghost doing? Doesn't she realize what the situation is? How could anyone like her ever be elected leader? Oh well, at least you can take out your frustrations on the tree titan. He's probably going to be a good fight too. How do you feel to be facing something that could be around ten times your size?

What do you do?

Ghost

quote:

What do you want me to do?

She wants you to make sure that her friend Rachel is ok and that you help her defeat the enemies she's facing. She'd also love it if you could get Rachel to come and talk to her afterwards. She probably is really eager to know where she got those blades from.

quote:

How could I get Jessica to leave?

Reassure her that Rachel is going to be ok and tell her that she's probably going to get in the way of her friend's team. Either that or promise her that you'll get Rachel to talk to her as soon as she can. You can tell she's becoming a fan.

quote:

What are you really planning?

She's planning on wanting to talk to Rachel and gush to her about how awesome she looked and why she didn't tell her about her super cool new fighting abilities before. She wants to be there for Rachel as a friend and has missed hanging out with her. In essence, she's just trying to be a good friend.

Well at least Jessica's not panicking anymore and you've got a good read on how to get her to listen to you. Maybe you should focus on what you actually came here to do? Are you worried about how much time you've spent dealing with Jessica?

What do you do?

Spark

Today really isn't you day, isn't it? You've hurt your followers by complete accident and the world just seems to want to make you it's punching bag. Have you ever had a day this bad? Don't you just want to let your powers take control and show everyone what you can really do?

What do you do?

The Tunneler

You've done well to aggravate the Sprite. Still, Spark isn't doing so well. First she loses control of her powers and then she gets hit by the tree titan. Do you want to help her? Then again, you still have the tree titan that Feijiang's facing on her own. Maybe you should go there instead?

What do you do?

Vitleroy

Though the vine did hurt, you've still managed to create a good opportunity for Clatter & Wraith. Still, you can't help but worry about Feijiang. She's facing that gigantic tree titan. Sure, her father figure did put her through metaphorical hell to make her a superpowered fighting machine, but do you still feel nervous about her taking on that creature alone? Then again, you still haven't completely dealt with the sprite. Do you trust your team to have that covered?

What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M



Freak: +2 Danger: +2 Savior: -1Superior: +1 Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 Conditions: Insecure Guilty

Spark watched helplessly as the staff came down upon her. It was like it was moving in slow motion yet she felt utterly powerless to stop it. It was just one more problem on a bad day of problems.

[22:52] Ferrosol take a powerful blow
[22:52] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:52] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11
You lose control of yourself or your powers in a terrible way

All she'd done was fail and fail again. As she felt the staff hit her the flames blazed stronger once more. Out of control they began to dance and flare. And more and more of them came out of her. More than she could safely control. More than anyone could control. This thing. this monster was going to see what true power really was it was going to burn. And everything else with it. If that's what it took to get the job done. She'd had enough of trying to control it. Trying to be good, it was time for it to burn. All of them were going to burn. She opened her mouth to laugh. and more flames came pouring out covering everything in a fiery conflagration. Soon the whole world would burn! as it deserverd!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:
Location: Burning Lextrix Shopping Center

I put my hands on Jessica's shoulders, "Look, you need to understand; this place is dangerous right now. Rachel, and my team, are fighting right now to try and protect people like you, and I think she would hate it if anything happened to you because of her. I know you're worried about her, but she'll be fine, okay? I'll make sure of it."

I let go of her shoulders before I take one last look at her. It's obvious she's still nervous, and I really can't blame her. I am, too, but I can't worry about that right now. My team needs me, and I've spent too much time doing nothing. I give her a reassuring smile, "Don't worry. After all," I point a thumb at myself and give her a wink, "We're heroes! And heroes never back down from a fight! We do whatever it takes to protect the innocent, and we never give up! It'll take more than some jerkface and his tree hulk to stop us! Now, go, find someplace safe! You can catch up with Rachel after all this is over, I promise!"

I turn from Jessica, and start running back into the fight. Okay, think, focus. Everything is still on fire, and my team is in big big trouble. We need to end this fast, and soon before it gets ugly. What did Clatterclaw say again? Take down the sprite and the tree giant might stop fighting? Maybe that's it.

"Clatterclaw, Vitreloy, Tunneler, I need you three to focus down the sprite! Don't give him a chance to catch his breath! I'll go help Spark and Feijiang!" I just started yelling orders and I wasn't even sure if they were the right ones, but I can't doubt myself. I can't let my team down. I need to help Spark. I need to help my friend.

I was too late. I couldn't make it in time. I saw her, right in front of me, be batted away by the tree giant's attack, and I couldn't do anything to help, and she... oh god, Spark, I'm so sorry.

I saw the giant ready another swing, and it was heading straight for Feijiang. I can't, I can't let another team mate go down because of me. I run as fast as I possibly can, stretching out my arms and fingers, and before the giant could connect with his blow, I manage to touch her barely in time, turning us both intangible, as the giant's attack phases right past us.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Gonna defend Feijiang from the tree titan
<Hugzilla> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 4+2 = 6
+1 because of my influence with her, turning it into a 7

My lungs are on fire right now. I don't think I've ever ran that fast in my life. I try to talk but all I can do is heave and gasp. But this is nothing compared to what the rest of my team went through, "F-F-Fei.... Feijang," I take another moment to catch my breath. I finally manage to get myself back up, sweat pouring all over my face, and look at Feijiang, not making eye contact with her. "I...I..."

I think you're amazing. You've done more than I have. You took action when I sat there, twiddling my thumbs. You came to Spark's aid when I had no idea what to do. You've done more for the team than I have.

I straighten up, and look her straight in the eyes. "I know you have problems with me being leader, but we can talk about that later when there aren't lives in danger." I poke an angry finger at her chest, "Now, I need you to listen to me, and follow my orders this time. You and I? We're going to take down the big guy. I'm sure you have no problem with that, right?"

"And Spark," I turned to look at Spark, and she was... laughing? "Spark? Hey, what's wrong?" I reach a hand out for her, and before I knew it, a burst of fire came out of her. I barely managed to phase through it in time. Spark is.. she's losing control of herself. Is this because I was too late to save her? I want to say... anything, something, but I don't know what. All I can do is stare in shock as the flames dance around me.

What... what do I do?

Whoops! Forgot to take one of the options for defend. I'm going to add another Team in the pool.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Sep 29, 2016 around 12:09

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1| Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

As the titan swings its weapon down upon Feijiang once again, her response is instinctive. She raises her weapons above her head in a defensive stance, braces for impact, and then...

...Nothing. She very conspicuously feels nothing as the strike simply passes through her. It was like she dodged, but she didn't even move. For someone who has taken far more than her fair share of hits during her lifetime, it was a very strange feeling indeed.

Feijiang's confusion is quite plainly written on her face, as it takes her a moment to even process what happened. The sound of Ghost's voice seems to snap her out of her daze, but only somewhat lessens her confusion.

"Ghost...?" Feijiang looks over at the girl who saved her, with genuine disbelief. Did Ghost... of all people, really rush over to protect her?

And Ghost is being assertive, too. She's really trying hard to be what a leader should be, isn't she?

"Fine." An amused smile sneaks onto Feijiang's face. "Whatever you say, Captain."

The moment is cut short by a huge burst of flame. In one flash, the feeling of well, maybe this is going to be alright after all burns away.

Even Feijiang is shook up. Her head whips back and forth as she tries to keep an eye on both Spark and the Titan at the same time. One's the clear objective, but the other is a proverbial van flying through the sky. A clear danger to everything around. And all she has are her two axes.

"Grrrr..." Feijiang lets out a frustrated growl as her mind races. Should she focus on taking out the enemy, or should she focus on the bigger threat, or... "Hmph." She lets out a very forceful sigh as she seems to power through an internal dilemma.

"Captain," she says slowly, and a little bit awkwardly. "What should we do?"

Feijiang looks Ghost in the eye, and as she does something seems to click in her mind. "Ghost!" She puts her hands on Ghosts shoulders, firmly. "Now is not the time to lose your nerve."

"If you still want to take down the giant, then let's do it now. If you need me to do something about Spark, I'll do it. If you have any other ideas, I'll listen. We'll worry about everything else later."

"Just tell me what to do."

<Takanago> Feijiang is comforting Ghost
<Takanago> .roll 2d6
<Platonibot> Takanago: 9 (2d6=5, 4)

If Ghost opens up to me, she can mark potential, clear a condition, or shift labels.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:
Location: Burning Lextrix Shopping Center

This is a dream. Just a really bad dream. I'm going to wake up soon, and this is going to be all over. There's no way things could possibly get this bad, haha. Any second now, I'll wake up, and laugh about this with my team. Oh god, this isn't a dream, this is really happening. We're supposed to be heroes. We were supposed to help, but all we did was make things worse. Please don't cry, please don't cry. All I wanted to do is help people, like my mother, but people are getting hurt, and all I want to do is run away, just run and keep running away from this nightmare. I'm a failure, a fraud. They were right about me. I can't be a hero. I'm nothing more than a fake. I'm... I'm..

"Now is not the time to lose your nerve."

Huh? Feijiang? Is she... trying to encourage me?

"If you still want to take down the giant, then let's do it now. If you need me to do something about Spark, I'll do it. If you have any other ideas, I'll listen. We'll worry about everything else later."

"Just tell me what to do."


It took a moment for her words to sink in, and as soon as it does, I felt like something changed in me. I'm still scared, I'm still worried, but I need to push on through, for them. "You're right," I say as I wipe away the tears with my sleeves, "I-we can't give up now."

"Team, change of plans. Try to restrain the sprite if you can, but don't focus on him, he's not the priority anymore; it's the people. There are people who hurt and unconscious, and we need to help them before things get worse. Do something, anything you can about the fire, please. As for Spark, I'll handle her... somehow. Just believe in me, okay?" I took a deep breath, and continued on, "And guys? No matter what they say about us after today, I just want you to all know that I think each and every one of you are amazing. I know we haven't known each other for that long, but this team means so much to me, and I hope you all feel the same way, too. If we make it out of this, we're going to have a pizza and ice cream party tonight, so I want you all to do your best!"

I look directly at Feijiang, "You want to know what to do? Okay," I point at the giant, "I want you to go punch that giant. Go punch it as hard as you possibly can. I want you to make it feel the same pain Spark is feeling. But worse. Can you do that?"

"Oh, and Feijiang?" I give her a smile. The kind of smile that says everything will be okay, maybe, "Thank you."

Using the comfort roll to mark potential.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Sep 29, 2016 around 09:35

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty, Afraid

Clatterclaw impacted the wall hard, her excessively high numbness to pain the only thing keeping her from screaming. Still, the bastard had gotten in a hit bad enough to hurt even her. Picking herself up with a slight wobble, she brandished her claws and grimaced, sizing up her opposition. The hit had caused her to truly grasp the size difference between herself and the titan for the first time, like, what could she even do to that thing? However, the flickering moment of self doubt was snuffed as she noticed Jessica cheering for her. She just would not stop believing in her huh? Well, it would certainly be bad manners to let her down. With a smile and a thumbs up, Clatterclaw made her way once more towards the enemy. The bastards would pay.

Marking Angry and Insecure due to Mighty Blow, immediately removing Insecure due to the comfort.

"HEY YOU", she roars at the little sprite, "Yeah, you little sanctimonious rear end in a top hat! I will not listen to preaching from some dude that menaces innocent civilians, or makes my friends self-immolate!" She smirked a bit as the sprite turned to face her. "Or from someone dumb enough to stop paying attention to their surroundings."

As if on cue, Miss Wraith swooped down from behind the distracted sprite, and called upon magical winds to push the little thing airborne, on a fast trajectory towards Clatterclaw, who was busy taking on an exaggerated batter's pose. With a little underhanded swirl she caught the flying sprite with her claws, sending the thing crashing through a storefront.

"Hah! Get bent, yo-"

"Oh no"

Clatterclaw turned to face Miss Wraith with a somewhat quizzical and also rather irate expression on her face. What was she doing ruining her heroic banter like tha- wait... was that a trail of red she was spying over there?

Miss Wraith turned to face Clatterclaw, hand in front of her mouth and little spectral tears pooling in her eyes.

"Clatters..."

"What did you do?"

It... it couldn't possibly be that bad could it? Clatterclaw was certain she had used the flats of her claws when she was striking. Well, at least she was pretty sure... she had been really angry at that time after all. Certainly she could not have made such a grave error. Could she? She felt a lump forming in her throat as she craned her neck to inspect her weapons.

Blood.

On the sharp side, even.

Oh no.

Oh no no.

All sound disappeared from Clatterclaw's world as her pupils dilated. It wasn't supposed to go like this. They were supposed to go on zany adventures, kick the butts of villains accompanied with smarmy zingers to teach them a lesson. Not maul them. Not in front of the team. Or her friend. Oh god, what would Jessica think? Would she see a monster? Hell, perhaps she was a monster. Clatterclaw dropped to her knees in the brief lull in the fighting caused by the sprite's downfall.

All she could do was stare at her bloodied hands, catatonic to the goings on of the rest of reality.

Marking Guilty and Afraid

quote:

Theantero: Clatterclaw getting a mighty blow
Theantero: !r 2d6
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8 = 8

Taking two condition, immediately clearing one due to the comfort.

quote:

Theantero: Overwhelming the hell out of this sprite bastard
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 7+1 = 8

I choose to hurt them more than I intended, and to take a mighty blow.

quote:

Theantero: Taking yet another mighty blow! Poor Clatterclaw
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 9+1 = 10
Theantero: DUNDUN

Marking two conditions (Guilty, Afraid) and giving ground

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


The Tunneler
Fre:+1 Dan:-1 Sav:+1 Sup:+2 Mun:0
Potential: 0/5 Conditions: Angry Afraid Guilty

Tunneler knew that he should listen to his leader, that he should focus on saving the civlians. But when he saw that Spark is losing control, that she seemed to be... smiling? He looked at the inhert forms of the civilians in the mall, torn. Yes, they needed help... but so did Spark. She might never forgive herself if she willingly hurt someone. And by saving her, he would indirectly save the civilians as well, right? Her fires needed to be kept under control. With these and similar feeble attempts at silencing his own conscience, Tunneler turned tail and ran towards his teammate.

As he reached the crater created by Spark's impact, he could see her rage, and the fires beginning to dance on her fingertips. Ignoring the heat as much as possible. he grabbed her arm (as delicately as possible, consiering he was still wearing his Chthonian armored gauntlets) and begun digging frantically with the other. "Friend Spark? Friend Spark, please, resist just a little more. Keep it together just a bit. We'll go down a little, and then you can let it all out. It'll be fine, don't worry, I'm here..."

Unleashing my powers to dig down, so Spark's explosion doesn't do TOO too much damage.

I rolled a 7 on a my "Unleash your Powers" roll, so I'm marking Guilty.

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016




Fre +3 | Dan +1 | Sav +0 | Sup + 0 | Mud -1
Potential: 1/5. Conditions:

Take a powerful blow
Take a powerful blow: 2d6 5
Marking potential

I let my metal arm take the brunt of the sprite's attack and got back on my feet quickly, letting it's leathery texture wrap around me and spread the weight. Like this was the first time I'd been hitting by a mobile vine before.

Ghost shouted out to go for the sprite and I started pulling my metal back to me, in order to create a strike against him. But the she goes and changes her mind!

I groan under my breath. Save the people, how am I going to do that?
I looked round, ok hover carts, for the shoppers, that could work.
My liquid metal returning to my hand, I sent it forth once more, across what was left of the mall to collect all of the working carts, get my metal to turn them online, and form a nice big train that I could control and get the civilians out in.

Unleash your powers 2d6 +freak
Save the civilians: 2d6+3 13

"Adapt!" I yelled, releasing the metal from my hand. Willing it spread along the floor in search of working carts to bring them to me. I ran to the unconscious people, keeping my eye on the titan as I ran.
I could hear a faint whistling in my head, was that it communicating with the carts? I could hear the low hum of them switching on. Yes! Was this working?!
I started picking up people and dropping them as carefully as I could into trolleys, and sent them off into the distance, far from the battle.

This wasn't going so bad after all. I just hope the rest of the team has my back while I do this. That titan could easily pick me as its next target.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor


The sprite's body twitches slightly as his injured form bleeds out. That's a lot of blood. From what you can tell, he's probably just on the cusp of dying. If he doesn't get medical attention quickly, he's probably going to die. Still, there are other pressing issues at hand, such as the tree titan. Oh yeah, there's also your super powerful teammate who has just lost control of her powers. Flames exploded out of her, causing the tree titan to ignite in flames.

<Tree Titan marks Afraid

Being on fire and recognizing the danger that Spark poses, the tree titan immediately runs back towards Riavell, damaging roads and buildings on its way due to the erratic movements. It was not the only one who was caught up in the flames, however. Jessica, having listened to Ghost's words, tried to make her way out of there. In her rush to leave, she didn't notice Clatterclaw's deadly display. Or the flames. Blown away by the initial explosion, she crashes into a wall and falls unconscious, light burns forming on her back from the impact.

While the Tunneler's ingenuity manages to prevent the entire mall from collapsing in on itself due to Spark's powers, it still causes a lot of damage. Mainly towards her teammates. Ghost and Clatterclaw are blown back by the initial blast while the temperature of the area slowly rises with the increasing intensity of Spark's powers. Additionally, it seems like Spark still hasn't regained control. At this rate, the mall will be the least of your problems. You need to do something. Fast.

New Rule: In order to regain control of her powers, Spark must either lose all her conditions, gain 5 conditions or get knocked out.

Clatterclaw & Miss Wraith

Well, the only solace that you can take from this is that Jessica may not have seen you rip that guy to shreds. Still, are you able to live with yourself after causing so much damage? How can you be trusted to be a hero? Then again, Jessica also got hurt in the blast! Do you blame yourself or someone else for letting her get hurt?

What do you do?

Feijiang

Man, you didn't even get to showcase your awesome powers and now everything has gone to poo poo! Do you blame anyone for having the mission gone so badly? How do you think the team should deal with the situation? Maybe it's time for you to step up as the leader to show everyone how it's done.

What do you do?

Ghost

Things have really gone badly for you, haven't they? You were so focused on your team that you forgot to ensure that Jessica made it out safely. Do you blame yourself for this disaster of a mission? Do you find yourself thinking about how out of your depth you are here? What about your mother?

What do you do?

Spark

Yes! Now you'll show the world just what you can do! You've managed to crush the dumb Titan that dared strike you. How good does it feel to not have to reign in your powers anymore? Do you feel anything else apart from pure, unbridled pleasure? What about those weak teammates that you have? They obviously can't compare to your sheer power. How do you feel about them?

What do you do?

The Tunelller

While your attempts to mitigate the damage seem to be successful, it's quickly becoming apparent that it was only a temporary solution. What actions do you feel need to be taken to rescue your friend? All of the other humans and other creatures seem to have been evacuated. Is there anything you can take from your homeworld that can be applied here?

What do you do?

Vitreloy

It seems that your quick thinking has managed to get the civilians out. Still, there's the bleeding Sprite still left. He was your enemy, but you doubt he's going to be doing anything threatening anytime soon. Do you want to help him? Then again, what about your teammates? You probably have the best chance of fighting against Spark's powers? Where do your priorities lie? How do you feel about how badly the mission has gone?

What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:
Location: Burning Lextrix Shopping Center

quote:

<Hugzilla> Taking a powerful blow from the blast
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 5 = 5
Marking potential

"Ahhhh!" Oh my god that was close. The blast caught me by surprise, but I managed to phase through it at the last second. I don't even want to think about what would've happened to me if I was caught up in the full force of the blast. It's not like I have super healing or skin made of steel, I probably would've started living up to my name. Okay, enough thinking about the morbid stuff, I'm still alive, a little disoriented, but alive, I just need to... need to... need...

...Am I clinging onto Feijiang's arm?

Oh, I am, and I'm holding on a... bit... tight...

"UH," Okay, this is a little awkward, but you can still salvage this. Just don't make eye-contact with her and- I just made eye contact with her. "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," I let go of her arms as fast as I can. Alright, I just need to think of what to say fast, I need to make situation a lot less awkward. "Oh gee! That was sure close, huh!? Gosh, I'm so glad I managed to save you a second time! Haha! Not like I was the one in trouble there! Boy, is it getting hot in here? Oh, it must be from all the heat, right, what a silly thing for me to say ahhahahahahahah okay I gotta go... do.... something.... the thing. Ghost things. You do your... uh... feijiang... things... with your big, incredible, arms and... wellokayigottagonowbye."

Wow, Pepper, good going. A+ effort. Maybe I should just say my power is "escalating awkward situations" from now on.

Focus, Pepper! Forget about Feijiang and her strong arms, the situation still isn't over, I need to get my bearings straight and look at what's happening now.

Okay, Vitreloy got the people out, thank god, at least that's one less thing to worry about. Tunneler didn't listen to my plan, but I can't really be mad at him, not many of them are, and I guess his plan was better than mine. Clatterclaw is... wait, why is she slumped like that? Is she hurt? Is... is that blood coming the sprite?

Oh my god. Clatterclaw, what did you do?

The sprite is... he's bleeding, he looks like he's dying. When I told them to restrain him, I didn't mean like this. There has to be a way to save him, it can't end like this, it just can't. We're supposed to save lives, not take them.

Oh no, is that Jessica? She's...she's hurt. I- why? Why did I just let her go off on her own? I was so focused on my team I didn't think... I should've stuck with her. I told her we were heroes, and we were supposed to protect people, but I didn't, and now she's in even more danger than before, because of me.

And Spark, poor Spark, she's getting worse. If this goes on any longer then it won't end well for any of us. Maybe I can try and get through to her?

Things are bad, they're really bad, but I can't give up, not now. My mom... if my mom was here, she wouldn't either. As long as there's a bit of hope left, she'd keep fighting, and I need to do the same.

"Clatter- Rachel!" I yelled out her name. I hope it's enough to get her attention, "I don't know what happened, but, look, we can still fix this! We can save him! Just try and stabilize him if you could. I'll help anyway I can! If you don't think you can do it, I won't blame you. You don't even have to listen to me, but just... try if you can, please."

Okay, now to handle Spark. I have to try and reach out to her, I have to get her to stop. "Spark! Please, I know you can still hear me! This... this isn't you. You're not a monster, none of us are, you're just in a lot of pain. I know I can never understand what you're going through, but I know you're my friend, and I know you're better than this! I know you can fight this, so please, stop hurting yourself!"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Comforting Spark so she'd stop making everything explode
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 10+4 = 14

Spark can mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if she opens up to me. Also, I'm going to add another team to the pool.

Also, if anyone chooses to help the sprite, I'll use Won't Let You Down to give them a +2 to the roll after spending 2 team.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2016 around 17:35

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: 0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Guilty, Afraid, Insecure, Hopeless

Clatterclaw merely sat, still in shock over the happenings of the last few moments. She was faintly aware of Ghost calling her name on the edges of her consciousness, but it wasn't enough to free her from her torpor. It was only after Spark flared once more and lashed at her with whips of searing flame that some approximation of awareness returned to her eyes.

"You", she stated flatly as she stared at the burning girl, "This is all your fault." She stood up on shaky legs, wisps of smoke wafting upwards from the various smoldering wounds she had been inflicted. "If you weren't here, everything would be fine. None of this would have happened."

"You fucker." Clatterclaw's tone was starting to become louder, sharper. Angrier. She was faintly aware that she was sprinting, and that Miss Wraith was desperately trying to get her attention. But the primal rage and pain welling up in her would not allow her to pay attention to any of that. All she could think about was the red she was seeing, and the clear cause of all this suffering and failure.

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST DIE!?"

Miss Wraith, who had been busy trying to desperately stabilize the sprite with her magics but being unable due to the creature's own magics interfering with hers (indeed, she was afraid her meddling might have made things even worse), could do nothing except watch in horror as Clatterclaw leaped through the air, screaming, claws positioned for an overhead swing.

Clatterclaw lands with furious intensity, swiping Spark to the ground with her claws, and then climbs on top of her, discards her weapons, and starts wailing at the girl with a punch after punch after punch. She seems to be completely unphased by the fact that she's caught on fire, continuing her onslaught until the damage to her tissues and implants becomes severe enough that further movement becomes physically impossible. Her movements slow down, and she slumps to the ground, unconscious.

...Yeah, you should probably let Giovanni take a look at that.


Miss Wraith, for her part, seems to hang in the air, catatonic and unresponsive. Her efforts to stop Clatterclaw ending when the girl lost awareness.

quote:

Theantero: Clatterclaw taking a third powerful blow in two prompts
Theantero: !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8+3 = 11

Welp. Losing control of myself or my powers in a terrible way.

quote:

Theantero: Anyway, Miss Wraith will roll Defend to try and save the Sprite with her majiks
Theantero: !r 2d6-1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 3-1 = 2

quote:

Theantero: Clatterclaw is engaging Spark, losing malus from Afraid due to PRIMAL RAGE
Theantero: !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot: Theantero, 8+1 = 9

I choose to: impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

quote:

Theantero: Clatterclaw taking her fourth Powerful Blow in two prompts like A CHAMP
Theantero: !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, 5+3 = 8

Choosing to take two conditions, putting me at 5 and causing me to pass out

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2016 around 17:06

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1| Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"...?"

There's a strange feeling on Feijiang's arm. Something tight, yet soft. It's like a grapple, but different. With her warrior's instinct, Feijiang whips her head around to see what the threat might be. For a second, Ghost can see a burning look in Feijiang's eyes. A look that might be given to her enemies before she crushes them. But before it can develop into something worse, it quickly disappears. Which is probably a very, very good thing.

But as her fiery look cools down, Feijiang gives Ghost a very confused stare. It's a look that, unfortunately, acknowledges how strange the whole situation is, but not much more. And it doesn't go away when Ghost tries to de-escalate the situation, which probably does not help the whole thing be any less painful.

"...."

Feijiang doesn't say anything, which might either be merciful or worrying. But there's probably a good chance she'll bring this up later. Or maybe just remember it for a long time. But any time she has to dwell on it is cut short by the violent events happening all around her, which might be the tiniest possible silver lining for all of the chaos going on.

"drat it. All of this..." Feijiang growls as she thinks about just how out of control everything has gotten. It caused a pain, deep somewhere in her heart. How could she have let this happen! Briefly, part of her wanted to blame herself. But what could she blame herself for?! What had she done wrong?! She delivered the perfect blow to start out with! She worried about the team! She did everything that could be expected of her! And yet it still went to hell!

"Grrrrrrrr!" Feijiang locks her eyes on Spark. The center of the fire. The center of the chaos. The root of all of the team's problems right now. If only it weren't for her, things would be fine! it would be one thing if Spark were simply losing control, but what's going on now is a step beyond! Not even Feijiang's own words seemed to have much of an effect.

"Ghost! Stay back." There's an aura of ominous danger in Feijiang's voice as she warns the team leader. Her words seem more serious now which, considering the circumstances, might be more threatening than if she were just yelling. "I'm going to take care of this. Stay here, or you're going to get hurt."

"SPARK!" Feijiang roars like a wild beast, and points at the out-of-control hero. "That's ENOUGH! Is this the road you want TAKE?!"

Throwing her axes to the ground, Feijiang charges towards Spark with nothing but her bare hands. As she rushes forward, she barrels through bursts of fire like they are nothing. "Stop NOW or face the might of FEIJIANG THE UNSTOPPABLE!"

BOOM! Feijiang winds back, and with the full power of her supernatural strength delivers a mighty punch to the berserk fire-wielder.

<Takanago> FEIJIANGS GONNA DIRECTLY ENGAGE SPARK AAAAAAAAAAH
<Takanago> .roll 2d6+4
<PXGentleman> YOu need to use !
<PXGentleman> Not .roll
<Takanago> !r 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 10+4 = 14

Choosing:
-resist or avoid their blows
-impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

Takanago fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2016 around 17:08

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


The Tunneler
Fre:+1 Dan:-1 Sav:+1 Sup:+2 Mun:0
Potential: 0/5 Conditions: Angry Afraid
Alright, it worked!
Well, it... partially worked. It reduced the damage, at least. It's becoming painfully clear that this mission is not going to be a success. 'Best we can hope for is being damage controllers at this point.' He takes a look at the snarling figure of Spark, now barely distinguishable with all the fire she was spewing everywhere. 'Now, if I manage to be enough of a soother that she gets back to her sen-'

A war cry causes him to look up.
His brain registers and understands what is going on around him with a clarity and detachment that almost scare him. There, charging at his position with the power of a stampeding rhino and the grace of a tiger, is Feijiang. Behind her, leaping through the air with if not death, then at least violence in her eyes, is Clatterclaws. Their plan, evidently, was to knock out Spark before she could hurt anyone anymore. He will not be able to calm her down in time, so he has to protect her.

He also can't protect her.
Not now, not as hurt as he is, not against two of the most formidable members of his team. His team! They were supposed to be the heroes of Harmonia, and look at what they've done. But there is no time to think about that, not time to think about anything. He's not even sure they have seen him, and the last thing he wants is to be caught in the crossfire. He lets the pyrokinetist go (feeling a powerful stab of guilt in his chest as he does so) and starts digging in the opposite direction, creating a short tunnel connected to the main pit. He tries to ignore the sounds of violence behind him.

Tunneler emerges not far from Miss Wraith and the sprite. He raises a iron gloved hand to his mouth as he sees the state he is in. 'Oh Molten Mother, what did Clatterclaws do?' thinks the young hero, as he wracks his brain for something that could help him.

He considers his options for a second. He can't let this poor creature die, villain or not villain. He pulls from a messenger rune from his pocket, whispers to it a couple of brief phrases to it and buries it quickly. "It was meant to be for an emergency, and if this is not an emergency than I don't know what is." Comments the moleman, as he hears the rune vibrate with power and quickly power through the ground, directed at Chthonia.

<PXGentleman> Requesting help from Chthonia
7:49 PM !roll 2d6+2
7:49 PM <Krysmbot> PXGentleman, 6+2 = 8

I choose to get a useful piece of techology, momentarily giving me the ability "sorcery", specifically healing, and to clear the condition Guilty.


Shortly thereafter, what appears to be a spherical rock emerges from the ground, exactly where the messenger rune was buried. Spade taps it with the tip of his claws and it opens, revealing the greenish crystal and, surprisingly, a message rune as well, a non-moving version of the one he used to contact his supporters in Chthon-Abzian. Before checking it, he places the crystal against the sprite's wounds, and makes sure that they are starting to close. Then he taps the rune and listens to the recorded message.

"We are not surprised that your first request is to help another. You have the heart of an hero, and we are happy to chip in to help you in this mission. Be proud."

Tunneler gasps, and a small smile spreads on his face. Yes, not everything went the way it should, but there are still those who believe in him. He looks at the sprite; before the crystal will have run out of charges, his major wouds will be closed and he will be out of danger. This may salvaged yet.

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016




Fre +3 | Dan +1 | Sav +0 | Sup + 0 | Mud -1
Potential: 1/5. Conditions:

How in all of the heavens did things get so bad?

Thank the gods the vitreloy metal was listening to me or things could have gotten a lot worse.

Spark is going crazy, this place could come crashing down around us any minute.
Wait a minute, is that a civilian still in the building?! God drat and she's out cold.
And that sprite doesn't look too healthy, actually, oh gods he's going to die.

"What the hell should I do?" I whisper to myself.
I know what I want to do, I want to grab that girl on the floor and get her out of here. Now!
But my head told me to save the sprite. I could see Miss Wraith working on it, but did she know what to do? I'd worked with sprites, granted they weren't bleeding to death at the time, but maybe my magic could help.
Oh Hell.

Right, fine, do both.

I ran to the innocent girl as fast as I could, trying to stay clear of the flames, and what looked like a fight between my teammates brewing. Oh man, is this the same girl Clatterclaw mentioned on the Comms earlier. Yeah ok, you are coming with me!
Plan, Willard, what's the plan? Ok, as soon as I get this girl, made sure she's alright, pick her up and get to the sprite, make sure he's ok and get them both out of here, away from Spark. I'd just have to hope the team can handle the rest.
Man, I was going to need a sneaky drink after this.

Defend roll to save Jessica
Save the girl: 2d6+0 9

I choose to escalate the situation, since I plan on keeping Jessica with me and REALLY don't want to get her hurt.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2016 around 21:19

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M



Freak: +2 Danger: +2 Savior: -1Superior: +1 Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 Conditions: Insecure Guilty

You know what? I am sick of living in a world of cardboard. Sick of living in a world where I'm a freak. I'm going to show them I'm going to show them all. The tree was just the beginning anyone else stupid enough to stand in my way is going to burn. I've had enough of being nice. Of playing along of smiling and trying to keep control. No it's time to let it burn. Let it all burn starting with my weak and pathetic excuses for teammates. The fools who were quite happy to use me as a battering ram when it suits them. They pretend to care about me. Even now I can hear ghost our pathetic failure of a leader whispering in my ears. Telling me to give up the flame. I'm not giving up. I'm only getting started. By the time I'm done everything her is going to burn.

marking potential from ghosts comfort and spport

How adorable they think they are strong enough to stop me. No one can stop me I am the flame and the flame is me. And you don't put out a fire by punching it. Still she deserves some respect at least, any normal person would have melted long ago. But no not her. Not my so-called friend. Even if she was using me like all the other she's still tougher than they were. She lasted far longer than she should have before the flames got her.

[22:39] Ferrosol taking a powerful blow
[22:39] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:39] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
taking two conditions Angry and Hopeless

But she still burnt in the end. And all she did was piss me off. I may not be walking away from this unscathed but neither are they. Then Feijiang came charging in. You have to respect her courage. She may be bulletproof. But she is not and never will be in my league.
[22:39] Ferrosol taking a powerful blow two
[22:39] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:39] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+2 = 14
taking two options from the 7-9 list. Giving my opponent an opportunity and taunting them into doing something stupid.

She actually hurt me. Can you believe that even with the full fury of the flame within me I felt that. "You're good but I'm better." I taunted her. "you're out of your league. Let me show you how this is done!"

See the thing about fire is if it's not working you clearly aren't using enough. she may be bullet proof but I doubt she's fireproof. Let's find out. I poured everything I had at her. The entire focus of my power concentrated on the one who hurt me. She was going to burn.

[22:33] Ferrosol directly engaging Feijiiang
[22:33] Hugzilla don't you have to take a powerful blow first?
[22:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+2 = 12
resisting or avoiding their blows, Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2016 around 21:55

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1| Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

BWOOOSH! Spark's devastating blast of fire sends Feijiang flying across the battlefield. Not even someone as strong as her, it seems, can stand their ground against a hit like that. It almost hurts to look at, though a large part of that is due to the sheer brightness of the bursting flames.

The mighty warrior almost looks to be finished for a moment even, as she makes a fiery crash into a wall at a very speed. Either the flames or the impact alone look tough enough to seriously injure any regular hero, and both of them together present an even more worrying scenario.

But then as the smoke clears, Feijiang is standing on her own two feet looking perfectly fine. Her entire front side is covered in soot and ash.

"SPARK!" Feijiang points triumphantly. "Don't you know who I am?! I am FEIJIANG! THE! UNSTOPPABLE!"

"You think YOU know how it's done?!" Feijiang yells with a wild energy that makes her sound a little bit like the person she's trying to fight. "I'll SHOW YOU how it's done!"

Feijiang grins savagely, and then takes what appears to be a martial arts stance. It doesn't look like she's intending to de-escalate this any time soon. Or possibly ever...

<Takanago> hmm i guess i need to take a powerful blow
<Takanago> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 6 = 6
<Takanago> B)

Marking potential. For the taunt, I'll commit to going for trying to pull off a dumb stunt and continuing to fight if Spark isn't knocked out before I have the chance.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry
Location: Burning Lextrix Shopping Center

Everything is going wrong.

We were supposed to help, but we almost didn't. I'm trying, I'm trying so hard to get a handle of this situation, but everything I've done hasn't helped a bit. I'm supposed to be their leader, but nobody's listening to me, and now my team, the one I'm responsible for, are fighting each other, and I'm... I'm... I'm...

I am SO sick of this.

Marking Angry

I'm sick of moping around, I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself, and I'm sick and tired of doing nothing while my team falls apart.

Stay back? Stay BACK!? What do you think I am? Some sort of delicate flower that'll fall under the slightest breeze? Is that it? Is that what you think I am? Do you really expect me to stay back and watch as you all KILL yourselves? Is that it!?

I grit my teeth, and stand straight up, and march ahead to the crater where they're still fighting. The fire doesn't matter, it can't hurt me. Nothing can hurt me more than I've been hurt already.

Feijiang is yelling something at me. I ignore it. I walk straight up to Spark, who's giving her best villain laugh, and that just makes me even more angry. I raise up my hand, and give Spark a hard slap at the back of her head.

"Will you just STOP already!" I yell while looking at her, face to face, "What is wrong you!? What's wrong with ALL of you!? Is this how you all act? Like a bunch of CHILDREN!? I'm sorry, I thought we were all supposed to be heroes, or am I wrong about that?" I feel my face getting redder and redder, "Do any of you understand the concept of a team? A team is supposed to HELP each other, not break each other apart, or did you forget that? Do any of you remember the reason we're together? It's to make a difference! It's to show the world we're more than what we are, but we can't do that if you can't trust us to be there for you!" I stomp my foot down, and yell at the top of my lungs, "So JUST STOP!"

Using my influence on Spark to give her afraid, making it 5 conditions.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor


It's absolute chaos. While the Sprite's major injuries seem to have been healed up thanks to the foreign technology of Spade's people, the creature is still in danger. If he doesn't get more medical help soon, it probably will spell the end for the formerly rampaging Riavellan. Jessica also is in the safe hands of Vitreloy, as he manages to pick her up just in time to save her from a jet of flame shooting out.

"What madness is this!?" Mecha-Saviour calls out, flying into the now ruined remains of Lextrix Shopping Center. He doesn't look to be alone as more superheroes quickly follow behind him. Clearly, your chaos has attracted quite a lot of the Heroes of Harmony. None of them look particularly pleased, however.

Feijiang, Ghost and Spark

"This is what you get when you have a dumb normie trying to lead the group," Alexandra comments bitterly. She quickly turns towards Spark and unleashes a powerful psychic blast, lifting her up into the air and smashing her down into the ground. The harsh impact quickly knocks Spark out, her flames dissipating around her. She scoffs at the unconscious figure before crossing her arms and focusing her attention on Ghost.



"Well done normie. Don't you realise how much of a liability you are to the group? Why don't you just go home and stop pretending to be your mother? You'll never be half the hero she was."

Alexandra is trying to shift Ghost's Mundane up and Saviour down.

Spark cannot take any more conditions from Alexandra and is therefore knocked unconscious.


What do you do?

The Tunneler

A disgruntled Orchid makes her way over towards you.



"Move out of the way! Your team has already done more than enough damage."

Standing over the forest sprite, stems grow out of her arms and shoot towards the unconscious figure, wrapping themselves around him and slowly supplying him with life energy. His condition seems to have stabilised thanks to her intervention. A permanent scowl seems to be present on her face as she turns to address you.

"Don't you have any concept of self-restraint? You could've killed him! Are all people from your homeworld like this?" She proclaims angrily. Wait, she thinks you are the one that caused this? You were trying to help him! You can't help having large claws and it's not like you're the only one on the team that has them.

What do you do?

Vitreloy

Mecha-Saviour flies towards you, noticing the unconscious figure of Jessica in your arms.

"I see you've done your best to make good of a terrible situation," He comments sadly, taking Jessica from you. "I'll be sure to make note of the effort you put towards protecting the civilians to your brother. He's going to have a field day dealing with all of this."

Oh yeah, your brother is supposed to be the one looking after your group. Mecha-Saviour gives you a sympathetic look before continuing.

"I'll be sure to take this girl over here to the hospital. She seems to be alive, at the very least. Not sure if we can do much about her burns. You and your team should get out of here. You've already done enough and after all this, I doubt you'd want to face the press."

What do you do?

Spark and Clatterclaw & Miss Wraith do not post for this prompt due to being unconscious

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure, Guilty
Location: Burning Lextrix Shopping Center

Oh no. Of all the people, of all the times, why does it have to be her? Why does it have to be Alexandra? Why did she have to do that Spark? She wasn't going to fight anymore! That was too much! I'm going to give her a piece of my mind!

"Why don't you just go home and stop pretending to be your mother? You'll never be half the hero she was."

...Huh? Stop... pretending?

No, no you're wrong. I'm not pretending, I'm not, I... I'm a hero! I have my own name and everything! Why is everybody looking at me like that? They can't all be thinking the same thing she is. Stop, please. I tried, didn't I? I tried to be a hero, I really really tried, and I... I...

...Oh God, she's right.

quote:

<HugzillaAway> Rejecting Mean Girl's influence
<HugzillaAway> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> HugzillaAway, 3 = 3
<HugzillaAway> MAN

Shifting labels and marking insecure & guilty since my mundane is already at +3.

I'm a pretender. Just a kid, trying to play hero. I can't be my mom. My mom was special, and I'm... not. I was stupid to think I'd ever be like her. I just wanted to help people, but I couldn't. I couldn't even help my team, and now everybody is giving us these looks, like we're all a mistake. Nobody will ever trust us, and it's all because I was such a bad leader.

I turn to Feijiang. God, I can hardly look at her. I'm trying my hardest to not cry. "Feijiang," don't cry, please don't cry, "Can you... can you... please handle Clatterclaw?"

I move towards Spark, trying not to make eye contact with Alexandra. I can't even speak to her. What can I even say? Oh gee, you're totally right! I'm a failure! I'm not going to give her the satisfaction of that, at least.

Okay, Spark is still alive, good. I throw her arm over my shoulder and pick her up. Ugh, she's heavy. Maybe I should've asked Feijiang to carry both of them, but it's too late for that now.

"Let's... let's get the others and leave," I start moving, carrying Spark's unconscious body with me.

I'm a hero now after all! Hahaha. I can't believe I actually thought that. I'm not a hero, I'm a joke.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Oct 2, 2016 around 01:13

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...



Freak: +1 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1| Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Everything had changed so much in just a few moments. Not long ago, Feijiang was getting ready to finish off Spark, and then...

And then Ghost jumped in. Just jumped right in despite Feijiang telling her not to. Maybe because she told her not to. Feijiang still wasn't sure how she felt about that. It was irritating, and it was definitely the wrong thing for someone like her to do... But doing something like that takes heart and courage. And not just a little, but a lot.

The more Feijiang thinks about it, the more a certain thought starts to cement itself in her mind. What Ghost just did... was an exceptional act of courage, wasn't it? Or maybe you could call it- No, there's no other way to explain it, is there?

"Hrmph." Feijiang crosses her arms and grumbles, preferring for now to push the thought out of her mind rather than dwell on it further. Or at least, she would try to. The moment Alexandria shows up and opens her mouth, Feijiang starts to feel a bitterly uncomfortable feeling from the pit of her stomach.

"Well done normie. Don't you realise how much of a liability you are to the group? Why don't you just go home and stop pretending to be your mother? You'll never be half the hero she was."

Every single word seemed to make Feijiang feel worse, and worse. It was almost like Alexandria was some spirit of divine retribution sent to remind Feijiang of her own faults. Everything that Alexandria said sounded awful, but how different was it, really, from things Feijiang herself had been thinking before? Would there have been a point in time where she would have agreed with this?

Surely not, right? Or... Maybe, but...

A few trembling words from Ghost wake Feijiang out of her internal dilemma. "Feijiang, can you... can you... please handle Clatterclaw?" And then, upon hearing those words and seeing the look on Ghost's face, something snaps within Feijiang.

"HEY!" Feijiang steps into Alexandria's personal space and starts yelling at full volume. "What's WRONG with you?!"

She shoves Alexandria back forcefully, almost looking like a high school bully trying to start a fight. "Are you a hero, or what?! Do you think you can just TALK like that?!"

"You..." Feijiang starts to trail off in the middle of the argument. This is probably where she should start to say nice things about Ghost, but... the words just don't come out. They're just stuck somewhere in the mess of conflicted feelings she's having in the pit of her stomach. Hopefully.

"Grrrrrrr!" Not having much more to actually say, Feijiang just growls and shoves Alexandria again.

<Takanago> ok lets see if my luck holds out
<Takanago> Feijiang comforts Ghost
<Takanago> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 6 = 6

Marking potential.

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016




Fre +3 | Dan +1 | Sav +0 | Sup + 0 | Mud -1
Potential: 1/5. Conditions:

Seeing the flame that could have ended this girl's life dash past us made my heart skip a beat.
I'd done the right thing, right next I-oh hell!
There's too many cooks in the kitchen and this is going to end badly.

Mecha-Saviour flies over and tries to take the civilian from me. My hands grip her tighter out of instinct, but I shake my head and release her to the real hero.
"I did what I could..." I say as he cradles her. "Please, you can get her to a hospital faster than I can."

Oh God he's right my brother! Too busy still full of adrenaline, I hadn't even thought that far ahead.
"Yeah, you aren't kidding."
I look round at the destruction we have caused. Is this all we can do, destroy and kill and even harm the people we are supposed to protect? Maybe we are monsters?
I sighed heavily. Someone has set my brother up to fail. Someone wants him to look bad. Hell, this team was never going to work, you can tell that by the way we are dragging half of our self-destructive team away from the scene.
I'm going to have to fix that somehow, put this metal to some use.

I stare up at Mecha-savior. He must think we are menaces, but then again, now I've given him this girl, there's now way someone couldn't say we aren't the bad guys here. Looks like we haven't saved the day, and we didn't but we sure as hell tried to. Can I trust this guy, and the rest of these late heroes to not throw us to the press like cattle for slaughter?

Pierce the mask 2d6-1
Pierce Mecha-savior's mask: 2d6-1 7

What are you really planning?

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at Oct 2, 2016 around 08:59

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


The Tunneler
Fre:+1 Dan:-1 Sav:+1 Sup:+2 Mun:0
Potential: 0/5 Conditions: Angry Afraid

Tunneler looks at Orchid outraged, but still steps out of the way.

"What, no! It was an accident! It wasn't me! I mean, it was an accident, yes, but I didn't do it!"

'Great way of making yourself look innocent, Spadertaal', thinks the Chthonian as the plant hero literally looks down at him. He points at the greenish crystal.
"Look! That's vendolium. It's going to close his wounds if you leave it close to him. I was trying to help!"

He sighs, looking contrite. "I am an understander that this was not a good first first impression and we failed to act like Heroes of Harmony should. But please, do not let this impression color your opinion of me and my people. You're an Hero of Harmony, you should be better than that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure, Guilty
Location: Lextrix Shopping Center

Feijiang is- she's sticking up for me? Or she's trying to, at least. Why? I don't understand. Aren't you the one who thought I was soft? Aren't you the one who disapproved of me being the leader? You ignored my orders, tried to show me up as much as you can, and now you're trying to defend me?

Is there something you see in me that I don't?

"Feijiang!" I grab hold of her arm before she could go for another push, "That's enough! It's okay, you don't have to do this. I know you're frustrated, I am too, but it's not worth it. I'll be fine, okay? I'm used to having people tell me how silly my dream is, but that never stopped me before, and that won't stop me now., besides," I give her a sad smile a I held onto her hands, "As long as you and the others are still willing to stay, I know we can bounce back from this. It'll be hard, but nothing good ever comes easy, right?"

I wasn't sure if I really meant all that, but I just didn't want to see her get in anymore trouble because of me.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Going to comfort Feijiang
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+2 = 10

If Feijiang chooses to open up, she can choose to mark potential, clear a condition, or shift labels. I'll choose to clear insecure if she does.

"As for you," I look at Alexandra, fighting all my urges to look away. I'm sure she's probably enjoying the expression I'm making right now, but I won't let her enjoy it for too long, "You're right. I'm not my mother. Nobody can be her. My mother was a real hero," I found myself walking closer to her. My whole body is trembling. It's telling me to stop, to run, that all I'm going to do is make things worse, but I continue on, "She sacrificed her life so we could all live, that's how much of a hero she was. Do you think you could even come close to doing something like? No, I don't think you would. All you care about is fame, you don't care about the people at all, you just think they're all beneath you."

I couldn't hold back anymore, tears started flowing down, but I kept going, "I know we messed up. I know how terrible the situation got, and you think I don't blame myself for this? I wanted to run and give up so many times, but I never did, and you know why? Because at least I try to be a hero. What have you done? Flaunt your powers in public so everybody could know how amazing you are?"

I stare at her, with a rage that I never felt burning in my eyes, "And don't you DARE bring up my mother like that ever again. You don't even understand the sacrifice she made to save "normies" like me."

I look away from Alexandra, and turn to the other heroes in the room. They probably think we're all a bunch of screw-ups, but I can't let them blame the team for my mistakes, "I'm the one who's at fault! Me! I was supposed to be their leader, but I failed them. My failure is what lead to the disaster around you, so please, don't blame them. None of this is their fault. If you're going to blame someone, then blame me." I try to stand strong, but I can't stop my body from shaking. I'm scared, confused, and angry at myself, but I can't let my team suffer because of me, "I'll take whatever punishment you think we deserve, alone. I'll take all of it, just please, don't make my team suffer anymore for the mistakes I've made."

  • Locked thread
«4 »