Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Ok duders, coding problem:

I made a t1 universal cracking script I'm finally fairly happy with. The code currently takes two args:
- target: which is the #s. I'm hacking
- lock: a simple variable to guide the script to proper cracking method (will probably try and automate that, once I solve my little problem)

My trouble is, what if I want to crack a second lock? I need to add ez_21:"open" or whatever the solution to the first one was to target.calls and I'm kinda confused as to how to handle this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lichtenstein posted:

I made a t1 universal cracking script I'm finally fairly happy with. The code currently takes two args:
- lock: a simple variable to guide the script to proper cracking method (will probably try and automate that, once I solve my little problem)

My trouble is, what if I want to crack a second lock? I need to add ez_21:"open" or whatever the solution to the first one was to target.calls and I'm kinda confused as to how to handle this.

Easiest way is to make a separate function for each lock type. In your main code area, make a loop that runs while a lock type can be identified. If no lock type, you cracked them all. Otherwise call the appropriate function for the lock type you identified.

You'll need to pass your existing args in and continuously append to it.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
here's an idiotic question for the leet: Can you hack someone for real through this game ?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
passed the tutorial woo

this game is awesome

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Haven't had a chance to even play much of this game yet, but are the server problems fixed well enough to remove the OP warning?

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD
I'm past the tutorial, still uninitialized system though.

No clue what I'm doing, but trying to manually brute force the c001 locks isn't fun - I assume one of you enterprising folk have an app for that?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Urgh, trying to hack into a tier 2 NPC, I can't even find them. I've gotten to the point where I can access their account information and orders and stuff, QR codes...but I have no idea what to do with it. I like the scripting possibilities of this game, but the NPC stuff is loving retarded. It's not hacking, it's guessing repeatedly until you get the right trigger words. :P

Someone gave me a T2 loc, and I started trying to breach it, and the glock lock took 1M of my 4M credits...which really pissed me off. Even with a harvest script and a breach script, we're talking about 200 breaches to get to 10 million GC in T1. That's harvest, wait, copy paste, breach, wait...repeat...two hundred times. I'm already ground out with this process, and the drat thing just took 1M of my grind money.

I'm hoping there's a better way to earn that 10M, presumably with the T2 stuff. Because if not I think I'm done, despite how cool the PvP might be.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Has anybody written even a basic tutorial for the Javascript you need for this? I program as a day job, just not in Javascript so looking at sample code and whatnot isn't super useful.

Dozeworthy
Oct 9, 2012

Lichtenstein posted:

Figure out what the output is for the different locks and find a common denominator. You can also pass full objects as parameters, so a script could take a set of keys along with the next unknown key, and be run multiple times until they're all cracked.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
t2 npcs: anonymous_9p9xcn.entry_mrsfd9 derelict_d93lag.entry_3nza5a abndnd_yyiskg.entry_ql2skh

i dont get how acct_nt locks work honestly, they're so rude

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
send all your cash to a bank alt when you do glocks cause they take a ton of cash unless you access them with a specified amount of credz in your wallet.

deathrat
May 25, 2010

quiggy posted:

Has anybody written even a basic tutorial for the Javascript you need for this? I program as a day job, just not in Javascript so looking at sample code and whatnot isn't super useful.

There's a small one here

Envy Insanity
Oct 2, 2003

Have gone to commit suicide. Intend to return from grave Friday. Feed cat.
So, here's some handy links and info that people have thrown around which may help people get started/make your life easier:

Useful Links
The game Discord, lots of useful information/chat going on there: https://discord.gg/sc6gVse
Soron's Script documentation: http://ethankaminski.com/fanstuff/hackmud/coding-info.html
fullsec script explanations: (dont immediately trust everything in this list, things always change, info always changes, security levels always change, but its a good reference guide): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qHzwx3oQQVW4uy-ojXtqI0tW6gv3zj_6PHsvBURcGpE/edit#gid=0
Some collaboration info on breaking different locks and levels of locks:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qU235L-s6-2banGsNE-9I91jAV4Tzhq5qdZg1acnDLo/edit#gid=431181233
Scripting tutorial for beginners (game specific): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cNms-T_KSFy0F5j1xHXrUZEGd7AM49QEork3KlpGqkc/edit
This reddit thread may also be helpful, it's about basic scripting in the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackmud/comments/54rfhe/is_there_any_example_script_that_is_actually_well/

Game Script Examples
General examples for Hackmud are on soron's Github page: https://github.com/ethankaminski/hackmud_sample_scripts/tree/master/scripts
ada.fullsec source code: http://pastebin.com/pd7xSVr7
Example EZ_40 cracker: http://pastebin.com/Dc11AMfu
Two approaches at T1 multiple lock cracking. http://pastebin.com/BhtSMV80 and http://pastebin.com/raw/BL2kqUMW
Sample Script - http://pastebin.com/ukXPCc4h

To iterate on an array, you can use the forEach function of the Array object:

code:
var array = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
var ouput = ""

array.forEach(x => output += (x + " "))

return {ok:true, msg:output}
code:
Calculating c003 color triads:
colors = ["purple","blue","cyan","green","lime","yellow","orange","red"];
p["c002_complement"] = colors[(cIndex+4)%8];
p["c003_triad_1"] = colors[(cIndex+3)%8];
p["c003_triad_2"] = colors[(cIndex+5)%8];
cIndex being the index of the prime color(edited)
code:
#s.<user>.<scriptname>({<parameters>}); will let you run a sub-script in your script. Here are a few examples of that:
- #s.accts.balance(); // will return the running user's account balance
- #s.scripts.fullsec(); // will return an array of full security script names
- #s.accts.transfer({to:"seanmakesgames", amount:"5KGC"}); // will transfer 5000GC to seanmakesgames from the running user
- #s.anon_2t3t4a.pub_info_32hhef({EZ_21:"unlock"}); // will attempt to unlock a script with the name anon_2t3t4a.pub_info_32hhef and an ez_21 lock
----
var results = #db.f({is_cool:true});
var resultArray = [];
while(results.hasNext())
{
var result = results.next();
resultArray.push({name: result.name, worth: l.to_gc_str(result.worth.valueOf())});
}
return resultArray;
// ---
// the above block of code will return all rows from your db that 'are cool' as an object with its name and its worth in GC string
----
more mongodb queries and stuff can be found here:
[url]http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/method/[/url]
count #db.c(), insert #db.i(), update #db.u(), remove #db.r(), find #db.f(), findAndModify #db.m(), save #db.s()
are all available in code.
Useful In-game Commands.
scripts.trust - list of scripts you can absolutely trust, watch out for making typos.
dtr.man - In game manuals on fullsec scripts that tell you what they do, run with empty parameters to see how to use it. Generally you can trust anything made by dtr, but make sure it's him and written by him.
b.faq - lots and lots of basic information about the game.
/macro - Using /SHORTCODE = command creates a macro, for example: /hl = kernel.hardline will create a macro to open a hardline. /dc = kernel.hardline {dc:true} creates a macro to disconnect a hardline.

Additional Information
-Explore the scripts.fullsec to check out what a lot of the items are. There's a lot of useful info/tools there besides NPCs. Using the harvester is handy but I prefer to grab the list of users from 3-4 npc projects, put the npcs locs in my scratch so I have 20-30 then use angie's breach script to hack them once the hardline is up. I can usually do 10 or so each hardline session, so getting several million takes very little time really.

- Join the goon discord or post here if you're interested in playing, there is definitely strength in numbers and being an organized group and it'll take brain power to fight against the guys that have been doing this a while.

- I feel stupid using codecombat.com too but it does help you learn the basics. That or one of the other many free resources to learn javascript - you can basically learn everything you need to get started in less than a day or two. And the more you practice the better at the game you are and then holy poo poo in a month you walk away having fun and also learning a language so thats fun.

- I was an idiot yesterday after being so careful for three loving days, with all the autocomplete nonsense going on someone faked the :::TRUST COMMUNICATION::: message and I ran a script to reset my autocomples and zzz killed my user so I'm starting out new today. The one loving time I didnt run the script.get_level because I had just woken up. Trust noone! Run nothing! Even if it seems to come from the game itself.

hackermud forum posted:

- Alt-Enter will switch to windowed mode so you can use external editors/web browser without minimizing the game. Super helpful for dual monitor setups with notes/scripts on the other screen.
- Holding Alt when launching (on Windows at least) will allow you to select alternate resolutions. If you're running a high-res device this is pretty essential or else all of your text is gonna be super tiny.
- ESC clears a full line of text in the CLI.
- Take good notes throughout the tutorial vLAN section. You'll thank me later.
- Once through the vLAN, say hi on channel 0000 to all the cool kids and start poking at the results of scripts.FULLSEC to get crackalackin'!
See you on the other side!

edited: formatting and organized

Envy Insanity fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 28, 2016

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Well, I have spent half an hour stuck in the tutorial because f1rST is not the same as F1rST. I expect I'll be good at this game.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Fat Samurai posted:

Well, I have spent half an hour stuck in the tutorial because f1rST is not the same as F1rST. I expect I'll be good at this game.
I looked up what passwords "blue" would hint at. Don't worry.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

DaveKap posted:

I looked up what passwords "blue" would hint at. Don't worry.

I made my second user's message for other sentiences "WRITE THIS DOWN: <answer>" for that one.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

This is all great, thanks.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I broke out of the vLan but now I'm stumped by the NPC faction billboard servers. I feel really dumb.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

TwingeCrag posted:

I broke out of the vLan but now I'm stumped by the NPC faction billboard servers. I feel really dumb.

The things you are looking for are rather recognizable as non-natural text. Kinda like the four numbers in vLan's halperyon server.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Lichtenstein posted:

The things you are looking for are rather recognizable as non-natural text. Kinda like the four numbers in vLan's halperyon server.

Now I finally found something, but I'm not sure how to interact with core003 locks?

edit: also, when I do eventually find any amount of GC, I'll be able to init my system. Starting out flat broke is pretty hard.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Exactly like you did with EZ series! Type {c003:"dickbutt"} and then see where error messages lead you.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Just heard about this game, seems pretty unique.

Sad it uses javascript though, would rather write literally anything else other than javascript.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Lichtenstein posted:

Exactly like you did with EZ series! Type {c003:"dickbutt"} and then see where error messages lead you.

So it looks like I got a bugged script, I was actually doing things correctly. fml

edit: In addition, I can't seem to find any NPCs that weren't automatically cleaned out. And because I have literally zero dollars I can't init my system to take money from breached systems. Does anyone have a solution?

edit2: I got gud. I'm leaving this for posterity.

TwingeCrag fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 28, 2016

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Keep trying, they keep getting breached and seeded anew. If you see *everyone* in a given place empty, then someone went the same route a bit earlier. Go fleece some other NPC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TwingeCrag posted:

So it looks like I got a bugged script, I was actually doing things correctly. fml

edit: In addition, I can't seem to find any NPCs that weren't automatically cleaned out. And because I have literally zero dollars I can't init my system to take money from breached systems. Does anyone have a solution?

try dtr.harvest.1 or something like that in the fullsec scripts

it usually gives you an npc that you can rob

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So if I'm following, money and stuff is tied to your users, which can be killed by hackers if you gently caress up and expose yourself? That's awesome

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

So if I'm following, money and stuff is tied to your users, which can be killed by hackers if you gently caress up and expose yourself? That's awesome

yeah, you can expose yourself in a variety of ways, or even run scripts that people claim are useful, and hell even could be, but they have malicious code in them that steals your poo poo

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
Bought this on release on a whim and I love it. If you aren't a programmer you can use safe(ish) cracking scripts that others create to do it for you for a nominal currency cost which is awesome. T1 scripts are easily found online but other scripts, like stealing a players money or higher level puzzles are guarded pretty intensely.

If you get out of the vLAN for gods sakes don't listen to anyone in 0000. This game is like eve in that people will take advantage of your ignorance. Many players have scripts you can run that are misspellings or 1 letter off from safe scripts. People will spam scripts in 0000 which adds them to your autocomplete list which as of now you can't manually edit or remove.

Some non-sa friends are saving up money to start a Corp so if you want to play and chat, hit me up.

Also I'd recommend joining the unofficial discord server which is listed on the subreddit, the developer idles in there and actually responds to people's questions when not putting out server fires.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just got this and it seems pretty cool so far. But I can't find any T1 NPCs? I used the harvest script and it's all empty. I went through the scripts.fullsec route and got into a few places which gave me lists of loc's, but none of them worked. Apparently they are all farmed out and need to reset each day? If true that doesn't seem too fun.

Also, I think "thirst" is a perfectly acceptable answer to the "If you feed me I grow, but give me water and I'll die" riddle. gently caress you, game!

Lemon fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2016

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lemon posted:

Just got this and it seems pretty cool so far. But I can't find any T1 NPCs? I used the harvest script and it's all empty. I went through the scripts.fullsec route and got into a few places which gave me lists of loc's, but none of them worked. Apparently they are all farmed out and need to reset each day? If true that doesn't seem too fun.

Also, I think "thirst" is a perfectly acceptable answer to the "If you feed me I grow, but give me water and I'll die" riddle. gently caress you, game!

Game is getting a lot of attention and it's exhausted the npcs. Not good for us, but I think it's due to the game doing better than expected. Hopefully they crank up the reset rate.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hope we'll get somewhat randomized hourly resets, so you actually have to search all the corps and pruning makes your thing more effective, but people in all tzs can crack open tasty t1s

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

So when I'm trying to crack a T2 and hit CON_SPEC, I get this weird message about a scriptor being required? Any idea how to break that?

e: figured it out :)

quiggy fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 29, 2016

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I wonder how the npc's are found so quickly. Are they not randomised or something.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Mindblast posted:

I wonder how the npc's are found so quickly. Are they not randomised or something.

People aren't "finding" them, they are using scripts to find them. This is partially due to the hacking process being so static. It needs to be a bit more dynamic, in that a script could help but not do the entire thing for you. I think that is what tier 2 is, but getting to tier 2 is rough.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Tier 2 can be automated as to the scraping of NPCs for scripts to hack, if you know what you're doing -- the locks are not so easily automated. I had to take a break because I was getting really frustrated with a certain t2 lock. I'm up to half a billion in GC though so I'm in a good spot.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Tier 2 can be automated as to the scraping of NPCs for scripts to hack, if you know what you're doing -- the locks are not so easily automated. I had to take a break because I was getting really frustrated with a certain t2 lock. I'm up to half a billion in GC though so I'm in a good spot.

Yeah I found a tool that can crack 2 of the 3 types of T2 locks, but it really struggles with cracking sn_w_glock locks. If only there was a good tool to automate calculation for acct_nt locks it would be fairly simple to break a T2 by hand.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

quiggy posted:

Yeah I found a tool that can crack 2 of the 3 types of T2 locks, but it really struggles with cracking sn_w_glock locks. If only there was a good tool to automate calculation for acct_nt locks it would be fairly simple to break a T2 by hand.

The most frustrating part is if you crack an acct_nt lock and find a glock behind it, and transfer the appropriate amount of money, that can change what the acct_nt lock is looking for because your transactions have changed!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I skip acct_nt + glock combinations but the way to do them is to breach a user, store money on there, and xfer as needed while in hardline.

Or use discord as i did. Not automated but easy

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Arsonide posted:

People aren't "finding" them, they are using scripts to find them. This is partially due to the hacking process being so static. It needs to be a bit more dynamic, in that a script could help but not do the entire thing for you. I think that is what tier 2 is, but getting to tier 2 is rough.

Which means a script does the searching and the finding which means some method exists to find these npcs, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

please knock Mom! posted:

I skip acct_nt + glock combinations but the way to do them is to breach a user, store money on there, and xfer as needed while in hardline.

Or use discord as i did. Not automated but easy

Yeah I've been skipping acct+glock but I swear that like 90% of T2s have both of those and it's really frustrating to be constantly abandoning T2 locs because of it. Maybe it wouldn't be so frustrating if my phone was better at reading QR codes.

• Locked thread