Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Pretty sure he let's it sit publicly in the loc list bot because he has enough defenses not to worry about it.

For real? I'm confident we can breach him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

It is not, I'm quite certain. All that is out is his fake loc, used to scam people.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

DaveKap posted:

Pretty sure he let's it sit publicly in the loc list bot because he has enough defenses not to worry about it.

Y'know, when I complained about an automated hack hitting me, I didn't actually ask Sean to block it or make it go away or ban the user who did it. I asked for a way of testing my scripts that didn't require me to open up my own alts. I feel kinda validated knowing dtr can't even handle being hacked but lowly ol' me with my stolen 100M can understand.

That is not his real loc. get_access_level is not hidden. 95% sure it's a script that strips your poo poo clean and joins you to several chatrooms to shame you

Arghonautz
Oct 31, 2011
Grabbed this over the weekend. Thought i had working scripts for all the t1 locks but this morning my c00x ones are failing, I think it may be because I'm missing some of the colors.

Nearly all my coding has been done in C# in unity, is their an equivalent to Debug.Log in this that i can use to get output part-way through a script, or post messages to the console as the script runs? Need to be able to see where things are going wrong!

Whats the end game once you have solved all the puzzles? Just trying to get people to run your dodgy scripts?

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Arghonautz posted:

Nearly all my coding has been done in C# in unity, is their an equivalent to Debug.Log in this that i can use to get output part-way through a script, or post messages to the console as the script runs? Need to be able to see where things are going wrong!

I'm interested in this too, I've been using returning a tell to myself using
code:
ret=#s.chats.tell({to:"staplegun", msg:i})
as some basic feedback to figure out where my script is at but it really feels like a bad way of accomplishing it.

Doubleumc
Jun 3, 2006
Closest thing to a "get logs out of my script RIGHT NOW" would be #s.chats.tell({to:"your_name", msg:"debug_msg"}) but there are cleaner ways to achieve this. The method I'm experimenting with right now uses part of a game-provided library along with try/catch blocks to output a log of what my script was doing up until it crashed. Here's a basic example:

code:
function (context, args) {
    var l = #s.scripts.lib(); // useful trust-provided library
    try {
        l.log("trying something risky now"); // l.log() adds the JSON string of whatever its passed to an internal array
        var result = something_risky(); // stand-in for your at-risk code
        l.log(result); // works on objects/arrays too
        return result;
    } catch (e) {
        return [e.stack, l.get_log()]; // l.get_log() returns the stored array, game automatically parses an array (or an array in an array) as a series of newlines
    }
}

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Chats has a few problems: like many asynchronous operations in hackmud, its timing & even ordering are all over the place. Also in scripts there's this weird bug where all chats are sent twice. Also there's a throttle on how many chats you can send and any serious amount of debugging will surpass it.

Returning a msg in the return line is still the best way to get feedback & lib().log is the best way to do that atm.

This doesn't help much when you're bootstrapping from nothing because it's tough to get decent cash with only 1 script and 500 characters and that's where you live for the first 1MGC of your time in the game. I did a bootstrap stream this evening & got to 1M using the following script:

code:
function (c, a) {
    var e=x=>x.length
    //hackmud
    var x = {
        z4: {k:"ez_prime",a:[2,3,5,7,11,13,17,19,23,29,31,37,41,43,47,53,59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, 97]},
        c1: {k:"c001",a:["red","orange","yellow","green","lime","cyan","blue","purple"]},
        z3: {k:"digit",a:[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]}
    }

var r,i,k
    var o = x[a.z]
    for (i=0;i<e(o.a);i++) {
        k = {[o.k]:o.a[i]}
        if (a.z == "c1") {
            k.color_digit = e(o.a[i])
        }

Object.assign(k,a.p)
        r = a.t.call(k)
        if (r.msg)
            r = r.msg
        var m = /LOCK_UNLOCKED/g.exec(r)
        if (m && e(m) >= a.c)
            break;
    }
    return {ok: true, msg: `${o.a[i]} ${r}`}
}
This script can solve c001's, and the digit/prime segments of ez35's and ez40's. It cannot solve c002's or c003's and you'll have to find the ez unlock commands manually.

the way it works is you call the NPC in the regular way to find out what the first lock is. If it's an EZ lock, you figure out the unlock command there, then you call the script like this:

unlock {t:#s.<npc loc>, p: {ez_35:"open"}, c:1, z:"z3"}

That will for instance brute force the digit end of the ez35. c: is the number of locks you know of on the NPC, so it will start at one and then once you crack the first lock if there's a second you increment it, so if there was a c001 behind the ez35:

unlock {t:#s.<npc loc>, p: {ez_35:"open", digit: 3}, c:2, z:"c1"}

Z values are c1, z3, and z4. If the first lock is a c001:

unlock {t:#s.<npc loc>, p: {}, c:1, z:"c1"}

The only messed up thing is if there's an EZ21 behind another lock- you'll have to brute force it like

unlock {t:#s.<npc loc>, p: {ez_35:"open", ez_21:"unlock"}, c:2, z:"z3"}

And it'll retry all the digit combos but if the ez21 is wrong it'll give you a message that you know "9 is the wrong digit" or whatever instead of anything about the ez21, which is the real problem.

Anyway this is super janky but it will keep you warm for the hour or so until you init T1. char_count_v1 and script_slot_v1 upgrades are SUUUUPER cheap on the market. I got two of each for 22KGC and now I'm sitting at 3 scripts 1500 chars up from 1 script 500 chars at the start of the game. After that you have a lot of room to maneuver.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Side note: you could always like jump into goonhack discord, join the goon corp, and ask for 20MGC to get to T2 and started. If you're interested in coding challenges then you might prefer to fiddle with scripts (it's very fun if you're into that) but we can get you into the thick of things pretty much immediately. We've got a github repo, we've got automation scripts, we've got targets and pubbie tears and drama. It's sperg central up in here, so :getin:

As far as what the end-game is, there's a couple things up:
1) There are still two major puzzles, one of which appears to be unsolved by everyone (?) and the other of which has only been solved by a couple people and gave them like 16T which represents 3x the rest of the economy so that's.... nice...
2) You can breach players, although it's extremely difficult to do with active defenses atm. Many players don't have those and you can scrape their locs out of breached NPCs, maybe you should automate!
3) 0DayCorp was the beneficiary of 10 of those 16T and Vendetta was the beneficiary of the other 6. v seems to have quit so that 6 is floating through space and DTR is a big baby who needs to get got. There's not much we can do for now because their cash is airgapped just like ours is but an update to make players' locs findable proactively instead of waiting for someone to screw up is planned. In the meantime, we wait and build our code arsenal & cash reserves.

Realtalk, the code game is very fun for people like me, but like eve, it's not about the space ships, it's about the spread sheets and the angry words. If you just wanna live a script kiddie fantasy breaching dudes and having them yell at you, you don't need a lick of knowledge, you just need a working computer & some time on your hands. If you can be a dick on the internet, we can use your warm body and we can outfit your poo poo so you never have to read an atrocity like the one in the above post.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 25, 2016

wtfd00d
Feb 21, 2002

The Original What The Fucker
This screenshot is from 10/6/2016 from my typo user sus. People that fall for my typo scam hit sus.upgrades the most.

This was before we automated T2 NPC hacking so 272 million GC was a lot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ah, empty threats. The last bastion of the helpless.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

wtfd00d posted:

This screenshot is from 10/6/2016 from my typo user sus. People that fall for my typo scam hit sus.upgrades the most.

This was before we automated T2 NPC hacking so 272 million GC was a lot.

Why did you receive another 283 from the guy after he was finished talking? Did he do it again?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

theres a will theres moe posted:

Why did you receive another 283 from the guy after he was finished talking? Did he do it again?

Probably. There's a scam script in the tutorial that gives you different results if you run it again lol.

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!
So, apparently quite a few big-time GC holders got hacked. Namely Zurich, dtr, -v and zdc.
Upside is: goonhack is now the top corp
Downside: People are now talking about a possibility of exploit being used to find said users' locs.
Things are going to get interesting, I reckon.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Sounds like users were banned, all locs in the game rotated, all money is getting returned.

So hey your loc is now secret

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Did something get hacked outside of the few established rules?

Doubleumc
Jun 3, 2006
Apparently so. Very early this morning the top three users by balance were attacked at roughly the same time, by the same group. By itself this is perfectly in line with the rules but the question arose of how the attackers found all their locs (think hidden IP address, a thing that lets you try to hack people).

Locs aren't revealed unless you do something that causes them to be revealed. Hacking other users or npcs leaves a loc in their access logs, for example. Or running a malicious script can expose your loc. Its technically possible to brute-force all the possible combinations but conservative estimates put that at several months of effort for a large, organized group. The game's been released for slightly more than one month.

The dev was alerted and he investigated. We don't really know what happened or what he saw but apparently the evidence was damning enough to ban the attacking group.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So after the loot was returned, about 2T couldn't be returned because the original owner was a retired account. So the developer unbanned the exploiter, put the money on them, and then published their loc. This is a fun game because anyone who attacks that loc will themselves have their loc published in the access log of the target. So the entire game descended on this guy, and doubleumc managed to grab the loot and then stow it before he got mauled. So now we're sitting on 2T, 8% of the game economy, and we've joined the ranks of 2 other corps with gibson cash.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
20 minutes in goonhack

quote:

0022 from anih :::sigh, okay, you may stop spam now, I already know you're empty.:::

0023 from imphunter :::what do you think you're doing?:::

0023 from anih :::well, at least some profir from you:::

0023 from anih :::okay, seriously, stop spamming, it's annoying:::

0032 from imphunter :::stop going around hacking people :):::

0032 from imphunter :::only I get to do that!:::

0034 from imphunter :::have fun with your breached system :):::

0034 from pon3 :::Rly, you are goddemn annoyance

:::

0037 from pon3 :::oh, look, I have less than 1.5mgc:::

0037 from pon3 :::what a sad day for you:::
0038 from anih :::Am I right?:::

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Been off the game for a few weeks (basically since figuring out how to solve T2 puzzles and figuring out automating them is out of my scrub programming league) for mostly time reasons. What's been happening since then, what's the fun ways to gently caress with people?

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Get into the discord and we'll get you set up with everything you need to harvest tears.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
So i got this game yesterday can anyone tell me what the message

System Locks Rotated. System Breach status reset.

means?

I don't seem to have lost any GC but I am worried I will be destroyed by someone way above me.

one thing i have been warned about is that you should never try to access the dead accounts from the npcs without a {} as some of them will take your GC if you do not add the {} with every call

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 5, 2016

Doubleumc
Jun 3, 2006
You get the lock rotation message regularly even if not breached. It means that your installed locks (if any) have refreshed.

People can only "find" you if they get your loc. Think of your loc as a secret IP address. Accessing someone else's loc leaves your loc in their access logs. Running sys.loc can show your loc, so be careful of running any scripts of LOWSEC or NULLSEC because they could contain a sys.loc execution.

The danger about those dead accounts is if they have a sn_w_glock lock, which can steal all your money up to a limit. This is only a threat if you pass a glock argument to the dead account, like this: npc.loc { sn_w_glock:"anything" }. If you don't "hit" the lock it will never activate.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So, state of the game for anyone interested:

- Previously, we used the "duck" hack (a player managed to break sandbox in a way that let them find locs for top players, steal their poo poo- one of the players whose poo poo was stolen was a retired account and the cash couldn't be returned, so dev put it on the hacker and told everyone their loc. We got the money.) to become the #3 corp in the game.
- Tinycorp/Zurich/Paypal, a neutral banking service that was #2 previously, has disappeared from the top corps. Possibly they folded into ZDC (#1 corp), but the amounts don't seem to reflect that. Most likely, they are abusing escrow to keep their cash in the ether (escrow is a mechanic whereby you can safely charge players to use your scripts and they can safely pay without getting scammed- while the cash is between payer and payee, it's effectively nowhere). This will probably be nerfed soon but for the moment we're the #2 corp in the game.
- The guy fawkes day event on saturday was loving. LIT. It sucked at the start because it was just a couple people and there was apparently a whole breadcrumb that we didn't know about so we were just sitting there figuring poo poo out from scratch. About halfway through thing started to come together for us and then later the whole corp logged on and we had one of the best sessions of this game ever as we solved puzzles, breached plotters, etc. In the end, we were able to keep up with the no-lifes, and we walked away with 2 out of the 12 plotters despite our late start. The cash was chump change for us, but the pubbies cried and it felt loving good.
- The thirteenth plotter is still out there! Robert Catesby. Nobody knows what username he's under and nobody's found him. He's the key to about 30T in tier 4 NPC locs. Unfortunately what will probably happen is sean will give out a big hint in the pubbie discord while we're all dancing in clubs and sexing with girls and/or boys, so that cash is probably a lost cause.

During the event Sean did say that T3 & T4 NPCs will be along before too... long. This was what he could put together before the 5th so we could celebrate in style, and I can't say that I'm dissatisfied. There was uhhh, there were some party favors, y'all should get on the discord if you want to know more. The important thing about the event is what it indicated about the direction of the game:

- The event made a point of combining automatable/brute-forceable stuff with things that couldn't be automated. This got really harsh, including a 15-minute guess timer per user on some riddles. The goal was to force coders to take a step back and let more creative and less technical users be in the spotlight. The event also introduced a new "magnara" lock, which is trivial to automate at the levels we saw, but a theoretical blue-quality magnara lock would require the intervention of a human good at puzzles (finding good anagrams) to solve in a reasonable time. We're reworking our breach scripts to allow hooks for user input so we'll be ready for this brave new world.
- Alongside the event, sean launched a couple new trust scripts: 'users.last_activity' which lets you see when a user was last active (good for seeing if a username is a real user, which was necessary during the event, but also good for seeing if a user is around so you can grab their ghost loc to find their alt). The other one is WAY more important though: sean added an accts script that lets a script serve cash to the caller without a bot rig. Not only is this super convenient (and fast!) for bank alts, but it also implies that sean will probably be applying an aggressive throttle to accts.xfer_gc_to, nerfing the poo poo out of ECM-style glock active defense, where you send users random amounts to throw off their glocks.
- We also saw some evidence of T3/T4 locks requiring large time & resource investments from the attacker to surpass, making zany ECM poo poo like this less necessary.

All of this stuff is super theoretical, but if one of the goals of this weekend was to test out new ideas for the direction of the game, I'm seriously excited for where this is going. If you're interested in helping goonhack take over hackmud, please join us in the discord! https://discord.gg/7UUJ44R

Bonus pubbie tears:

Michaelaneous listed us as the #1 corp in hackmud in our corp recruitment/scam invitation post and people are PIIIIIISSSED

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 7, 2016

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
What's the procedure to get authorized to actually get to use the discord?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pride++

I should log on again

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If there is cool content you guys should be bumping the thread so people watching the thread can join in on the fun and help.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'm too much of a lazy person and lovely coder to get involved in this, but I enjoy reading the thread and knowing that there are more dedicated goons out there doing the Lord's work, harvesting the tears of pubbies in just about any game possible. Especially a thinkin' man's game.

But I guess they showed you guys about NEVER BEING #1! If you're not first, you're last.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Status report:
People: Pissed about goons.
dtr: Salty about goons.
Cia: Salty about goons.
Recruitment: Scammed

e: Also jokes on them we were No. 1 when I made the recruitment.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Zaodai posted:

I'm too much of a lazy person and lovely coder to get involved in this, but I enjoy reading the thread and knowing that there are more dedicated goons out there doing the Lord's work, harvesting the tears of pubbies in just about any game possible. Especially a thinkin' man's game.

But I guess they showed you guys about NEVER BEING #1! If you're not first, you're last.

We need more script kiddies like me too! I spend most of my game time attacking enemy players, asking for features in our scripts, providing bug feedback, and tuning simple auto hotkey scripts that use in game scripts to farm stuff and harass enemies. I've had a lot of fun despite knowing no coding whatsoever.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

How do I join the corp? I'm fresh out of the tutorial but the game seems interesting.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Social Media posted:

How do I join the corp? I'm fresh out of the tutorial but the game seems interesting.

I am trying to at least get some money before approaching the rest of the goons, So i am just sat hacking npc's using a brute script i was given by a friend

now what i am trying to work out is can i script the whole list thing as well so i can put the list project command into the script and it will systematically clear our all abandoned accounts....

or even better if i can just run the script and it will iterate through all the fullsec npcs and clear them all with one command?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TheresaJayne posted:

I am trying to at least get some money before approaching the rest of the goons, So i am just sat hacking npc's using a brute script i was given by a friend

now what i am trying to work out is can i script the whole list thing as well so i can put the list project command into the script and it will systematically clear our all abandoned accounts....

or even better if i can just run the script and it will iterate through all the fullsec npcs and clear them all with one command?

We have all these tools solved. Join up.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Join by getting in the discord in the OP and asking there. The money and resources you can get on your own are miniscule compared to what you can get in the corp.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If you're having a good time solving these problems, there's nothing wrong with that, but butt's ahk bot pulls several billion a day automatically and we have almost 3 trillion in cash stores and a lot of blue upgrades we can't seem to get rid of.

Auth in the discord in the op and we can help you out and invite you to corp.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

If you're having a good time solving these problems, there's nothing wrong with that, but butt's ahk bot pulls several billion a day automatically and we have almost 3 trillion in cash stores and a lot of blue upgrades we can't seem to get rid of.

I cant use discord until i am at home, They block it here - its so annoying as you cannot tell it to use a proxy

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

how do you auth, I am in #Auth but no idea what to do now

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I'm pretty sure everyone here has figured it out by now, there's a process but all goon discords use the same db do you only have to do it once! Dm random goons until you figure it out imo

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone here has figured it out by now, there's a process but all goon discords use the same db do you only have to do it once! Dm random goons until you figure it out imo

I did in the end, - I suppose that it was also part of the entrance test. - Work out how to Auth and you are worthy :getin:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Holy crap, this seems interesting. I'm tempted to buy it and play with goons, but like many people I have very little coding experience and I've never been great at puzzle games. Would it still be enjoyable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Depends entirely on whether or not you want to learn how to script to a certain imo. While there are other things to do for sure, skipping scripting would skip a large part of it all

• Locked thread