Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gather round, idiot boys and girls! It’s storytime, and this week’s story is the GDT for UFC Fight Night 95, 10 p.m. ET Saturday, Sept. 23, on Fox Sports 1!

Now make sure you have your parent or guardian’s permission before reading this GDT, because this is not your watered-down Disney pussy poo poo. These are some real hardcore old-school Middle Age German fairy tales, where the bad people win and everyone learns a terrible, violent lesson. Ready? Once upon a time…

Makebelieve Weight

Cris “Cyborg” Justino

vs.

Lina “Elbow Princess” Lansberg

Once upon a time, deep in the jungle, there lived a mighty and terrible giant who would smash the villagers’ grapes and steal their testosterone. “FEE FI FO FEIGHT, I SMELL THE BLOOD OF A BANTAMWEIGHT!” she bellowed every time she hurled inaccurate hooks at another fat little girl’s head. “But the champion and top three contenders should, like, come up to featherweight to fight me, Cris Cyborg, so I won’t have to cut weight at all, even though I have not fought anyone important since Gina Carano, against whom I pulled mount multiple times.” She smashed undersized can after undersized can until she finally made it to the mightiest kingdom of them all, the UFC, where she mightily and fiercely smashed an undersized can all the way to a slightly early stoppage.

But one day, Cyborg fought her way to the Elbow Kingdom, which was bravely defended by the Elbow Princess. The Elbow Princess had never fought in the UFC before, but she knew she must in order to protect her loyal subjects, the Elbowtions. When an emissary of the Zuffa Empire, Sean Shelby, approached the Elbow Princess to beg her to fight Cyborg at a 140-pound catchweight on the main event of a card despite being 6-1 with no notable wins, the Elbow Princess fetched her magic wand and said the magic words: “Alakazaam, alakazicket, I’m gonna take this golden meal ticket.” Her sacrifice will not be in vain.

Featherweight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwP04-diHtc
Renan “Rao Rao Rao, Renan” Barao

vs.

”Fainting” Phillipe Nover

Once upon a time, there was a king named Dominick Cruz, who ruled the beautiful, idyllic kingdom of Bantamweight with an even hand and a shaky knee. But one day his knees shook too hard, and he had to relinquish the throne so he could lie down for three years. In that time a fierce, terrible goblin named Renan Barao emerged from under the bridge that stood between the Bantamweight Gatekeeper Continent and the Championship Island, and began his long and terrible reign as The Next Anderson Silva. But after smashing an old Californian twice, an innocent virgin and a guy whose block button on his controller is broken, the Goblin King had a new foe: that one dwarf from the Hobbit — you know, not the ones who look exactly like normal, handsome bearded humans for some reason but were shot from a clever camera angle so they seemed kind of short, and not the ones that actually looked like dwarves from the rest of the Lord of the Rings movies, and not the great big fat one who farted a lot and got stuck in a barrel, but the one with the braided neckbeard who smiled and played a penny whistle and probably threw a sausage in the air when they crashed Bilbo’s house or some poo poo but otherwise did literally nothing that you can remember? Yeah, that one. Barao was a heavy favorite, but he proved no match for the dwarf, who effortlessly kicked his rear end twice as bookends to his bad fight with Mitch Gagnon. The Goblin King was then banished to featherweight, where he lost to Jeremy Stephens and crawled underneath a different bridge — one that separates the middle of the pack from Bellator — where he waits to this day, waiting…

… then one day, Barao heard a clip-clopping from across his bridge. He emerged and found a fainting goat named Phillipe. “Who’s that clip-clopping across my bridge?” Barao said to Phillipe the goat, who would surely get his rear end kicked. “Baa! Baa! I am just trying to cross the bridge because I am the Next Anderson Silva, but unfortunately I am a welterweight on the Ultimate Fighter, and it would not be appropriate for us to fight now. If you let me cross the bridge now to get my rear end kicked by someone else, then the next time I return, I will be the appropriate size.” So Barao let the fainting goat cross the bridge, where he lost three fights in a row and was cut to fight people in Bellator. Barao waited, and then eventually he heard a familiar sound: “clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop.” Barao hopped up, yelling “Who’s that clip-clopping across my bridge!” And it was Philippe the goat again, but this time he had cut down to 145 pounds! Philippe began to plead, “please Renan Barao, I have only just now returned to the UFC, and people will laugh at how bad this matchup is. If you let me clip clop across the bridge, I will go 1-1 in split decisions with a series of unknown foreign-market midcarders, and somehow the fight will make more sense then I guess.” So Barao let the bill goat go, and he did just that. Finally, Barao heard that familiar clip-clopping again, so he lept out, proclaiming “who’s that clip-clopping across my bridge?” And it was Phillipe Nover again, but this time he was there with his big brother: a greasy mustachioed man with a thirst for steroid-laden piss. And that man beat the poo poo out of Barao and all of his friends at Nova Unao perhaps even harder than Dillashaw did, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Heavyweight

Roy “Big Country” Nelson

vs.

Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva

There was once a huntsman who lived in a wild and smelly wood. For many years he toiled, clearing trees to sell the lumber by pulling guard and ripping them apart branch by branch on the ground. Until one day, he discovered his true power: he could punch them down with his overhand right, instead. He vanquished many a fat beast this way, until he was summoned before Emperor Dana the White to compete in the greatest of tournaments: The Ultimate Fighter. His first foe was to be the internet’s Grand Champion: a literal homeless man with no cartilage in his knees. Big Country bravely defeated the beast, and went on to be the 10th Ultimate Fighter by knocking out Brandon the Big Brown. But one day, our hero got slower and slower, and lazier and lazier, and whinier and whinier, until he only won two of his last eight.

But have no fear, for he is fighting the legendary Great Bigfooted Beast of Brazil, who has fallen down dead almost every time his chin has been gently touched for the past two years.

Lightweight

Francisco Trinaldo

vs.

Paul Felder

Brazil has its very own version of the Ultimate Fighter, and even though your storyteller this evening watched every episode of the first season, it was very bad and he does not remember it or Francisco Trinaldo ever. Trinaldo has won six in a row including a TKO of Chad Laprise and a fight of the night with Yancy Medeiros, so that is very lovely.

There once was an unlikable turd burglar named Danny Castillo, who would break into naughty children’s homes at night and burgle their turds, which he believed granted him great and mysterious powers. Thankfully, a strange undefeated ginger named Paul Felder valiantly knocked him the gently caress out with a rad as hell spinning backfist KO. And though he has gone on to lose two fights and defeat our most special friend Daron Cruickshank with the one weird trick he never learned to defend, Felder will always have a special place in our hearts.

Middleweight

Thiago Santos

vs.

Eric Spicely

There is a kingdom far away from here, where millions of people live but there are only three names parents are allowed to give their children. Thiago “Middleweight Fighter” Santos is such a man. Thiago knew that with such a generic name that his wikipedia article had to specify his weight and profession in the title, he would have to do something cool to stand out. So he found a drunken hockey goon and kicked him in the head so hard that he earned the incredibly esteemed “2015 Best Knockout of the Half-Year” from the very real website that people have heard of “MMATorch.com.” He then decisioned a Harlequin romance cover model and KO’d Nate Marquardt before getting owned by Gegard Mousasi at UFC 200.

Unfortunately he will have to steal his nerves and say his prayers, because he is fighting a spooky ghost.

Featherweight

Godofredo Pepey

vs.

Mike De La Torre

Godofredo Pepey also competed on season 1 of the Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, but I remember him because he was a finalist and his name kind of sounds like “peepee.” He also got three performance of hte nights in a row including a flying knee and a flying triangle choke, but sadly, he can only do cool poo poo against bad fighters.

But there is a happy ending to this OP, because Mike De La Torre is almost assuredly a bad fighter.

Other poo poo to watch

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1), 8 p.m. ET
Catchweight (158 lbs) Gilbert Burns vs. Michel Prazeres
Bantamweight Rani Yahya vs. Michinori Tanaka
Flyweight Jussier Formiga vs. Dustin Ortiz
Welterweight Erick Silva vs. Luan Chagas

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass), 6:30 p.m. ET
Lightweight Alan Patrick vs. Stevie Ray
Welterweight Vicente Luque vs. Héctor Urbina
Lightweight Glaico França vs. Gregor Gillespie

Official MMA Snack Rating: Snow White’s Poison Apple Cider

Ingredients:
About 2-1/2 cups apple cider (either store bought or prepared with this recipe)
4 shots spiced rum, like Captain Morgan's (about 1 cup)
4 large apples
4 cinnamon sticks
Directions:
Cut the top off the apples, set aside. Using an apple corer (or spoon), remove the insides of the apples, leaving about a 1/2 inch on the bottom (so it doesn't leak out).
Mix together 3/4 cup of cider and 1 shot of rum (or gauge the amount depending on the apple's size).
Pour mixture into the cored apples and serve with a fresh cinnamon stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Good OP as always but drat that's a lovely card

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah it's not great. Steroidmonster will crush the poor swedish girl but maybe Bigfoot and Roy will offer some entertainment

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I just assumed this was a Fight Pass card until this thread

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I just assumed this was a Fight Pass card until this thread

Why have a card with good pacing on an appropriate distribution model when you can put a bunch of nobodies or irrelevant bouts on Fox Sports 1 and make the live crowd stay up until like 4 a.m. local time?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm convinced this card exists in order to convince casual fans that the Vancouver card was 'star studded'

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Jesus, I can't believe Cyborg made weight. She was, what, 24 pounds out as of Tuesday? That has to do some terrible things to your system...

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
There's some decent fights- it's not that bad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

acejackson42 posted:

Jesus, I can't believe Cyborg made weight. She was, what, 24 pounds out as of Tuesday? That has to do some terrible things to your system...

I didn't see the showpiece weigh in, but at the official weigh in they do real early now, she looked utterly dreadful.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Early prelims are starting now with Dominick Cruz in the analyst position on commentary.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Franca has the worst tattoo ever

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Early prelims are starting now with Dominick Cruz in the analyst position on commentary.

dom cruz has me invested in these trash fights

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wrong thread

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This fight is really fun.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea this is a great fight so far

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

That's Round 1 Franca Round 2 Gillespie, right?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
dom started off a bit shaky but he's settled into it a bit and is predictably quite good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Power of Pecota posted:

That's Round 1 Franca Round 2 Gillespie, right?

i'd have given gillespie both

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
This card is bad but Dominick Cruz is calling fights, so it's good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like this Gillespie dude

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Impressive how he took that knee and wrestled out the victory

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I like this Gillespie dude

Same. Tough, good jab with a massive reach disadvantage, good wrestling.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

argondamn posted:

Impressive how he took that knee and wrestled out the victory

That knee would have killed lesser dudes but he just kept going for the takedown.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Looking through records to actually figure out is too obnoxious and labor intensive even for a sperg like me, but around what point did the Blackzilians stop being a joke? It was kind of a quiet but sudden 180 as I recall.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God drat! That was a KO

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

God drat Urbina got destroyed.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Hot drat

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that ruled

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

God drat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yeah that was sick. urbina was asking for that though. he was backing out of exchanges, still in the pocket, with his hands way down.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Sick KO and a trilingual post-fight interview, good showing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jesus he folded up like Rashad

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Nevermind, link doesn't work

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I think this is going to be a good card for no reason.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

Lina “Elbow Princess” Lansberg

“Elbow Princess” sounds like a character from Adventure Time.
... And actually is a character from Adventure Time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I am not entertained by this fight at all.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
This interview is loving great.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Silva loving owns.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Statistically, this fight is now unwinnable for Erick Silva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Really not enjoying Cruz`s commentary like i thought I would

• Locked thread