Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's body image, OP. People had it drilled into their heads that their bodies are wrong and imperfect or even disgusting. If you don't look like an actor, who does dieting and exercising as a job and was selected for optimal genetics, you are defective and that is shameful.

If my theory is correct, then the willingness to get naked must be correlated with hotness. Does anyone have the numbers?

e:no fat chicks, thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

AARO posted:

If it is some kind of body image thing, why is it only in anglophone countries? Why hasn't the rest of the western world developed this body image hysteria?

Sociologically speaking, the "why" of this is what is the most interesting.

At this point we would need to have some numbers to show that there is really a cultural difference between the anglo-saxon sphere and the rest of the world. My own (German) anecdotal experience is that none of us ever showered after PE class either, nor did we ever swim naked.

On a very superficial level, Americans do seem to be somewhat more neurotic and have, on average, lower self-esteem. But maybe you are just ahead of the curve, like you are with a lot of cultural phenomenons.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sorgrid posted:

Please, tell me this is fake.

It is. Everyone knows Russian women are the hottest.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Eh, I don't think people in the south are whalelike because they use too much butter in their cooking. It's probably the pizza rolls and sugar water that does that.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The human body is disgusting and Americans are one of the few enlightened civilizations to know this. :911:

Female bodies are the bee's knees, very well designed. Not a great fan of male bodies though. It's not like they are disgusting or anything, but they are aesthetically not as pleasing and there is all kinds of weird poo poo going on like all that hair on the butt, the useless nipples or the huge wrinkly ballsack just hanging around like a spoiled dried out fruit.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A Pale Horse posted:

because as a gay dude I had enough trouble not popping wood when guys were parading around in their underwear.

Boohooooo :qq:

you had everything a heterosexual teen in puberty could ever dream of. You were living THE DREAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

US military is pretty rapey. Not as rapey as WWII Japan or the Red Army in Berlin rapey, but still pretty rapey.

• Locked thread