Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

op, do you think your personal experiences in high school are representative of the nation as a whole?

why do you think that "fear of nudity" is somehow new in society?

why are you relying on "things you heard" instead of trying to substantiate your claims?

for whatever it's worth, i graduated high school in 2006 in USA midwest and at no point at any level of my education did anyone of either gender use a shower after PE; there was absolutely a social pressure to not. if someone were to strip nude and shower they would absolutely be shunned and everyone would be weirded out

at the university gym i go to there is absolutely a generational divide with nudity; older dudes walk to/from the showers without a towel at a much much much much higher rate than younger folks. younger guys will put the towel on their waist and take off their underwear underneath it, and the older the guy the more likely they are to just let it hang free

i don't think it's controversial to say that previous generations seem to be more comfortable with same gender nudity, the question i think OP is asking is why that is

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

BabyFur Denny posted:

So you just walk around in all that sports stank for the rest of your school day? You Americans are absolutely disgusting. Ever heard of body hygiene?

It actually had the effect of making sure people never really exerted themselves in PE

• Locked thread