Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm watching an old Raw and it struck me just how often "beyond a shadow of a doubt" is used in WWE promos. I can imagine Rock or HHH saying it 100 different times already. Foley is the one who said it in this particular promo.

There are tons of other WWE-isms, so why don't we list them and make it so no one can hear a WWE style promo again without thinking of those awesome scriptwriters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
Well ya know, quite frankly, each and every one of you, tonight, in this very ring, nonetheless.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Backstage Interviewer: "What are your thoughts about your match tonight?"

Wrestler: "My THOUGHTS? *Huh* Well...."

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

YOU PEOPLE

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
THE FACT OF THE MATTER

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
Here's the thing...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IN THIS BUSINESS

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

They like to use the word "brother" a lot, because many of them are related.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS VERY RING

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"And another thing..."
*opponent's music hits* or *opponent hits person talking*

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Well i'm glad you brought that up because next week on THE DOUBLE YOU DOUBLE YOU EEEE Network...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm here to palm some dicks.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Anyone who has ever given a promo is probably gonna die some day

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
When it is all said and done...

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

-*Interviewer asks heel a question*
-*Heel condescendingly repeats the question*

e: another old favorite of mine was "taking your ball and going home"

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 25, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

A criminally large number of WWE promos have been given by someone other than Chris Jericho.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Dusty wasn't really on hard times. He actually made a nice living as a wrestler.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

81sidewinder posted:

Dusty wasn't really on hard times. He actually made a nice living as a wrestler.

steve austin had a chance

i guess that's more ruining an entrance theme

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Calling someone out in front of 30,000 strangers to 'settle something' actually escalates problems instead of providing a safe environment for people to hear honest grievances.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Calling someone out in front of 30,000 strangers to 'settle something' actually escalates problems instead of providing a safe environment for people to hear honest grievances.

In addition to that, if there are unresolved issues after the initial dispute, waiting until there is another audience a full week later may not be the most efficient route to resolution.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

81sidewinder posted:

In addition to that, if there are unresolved issues after the initial dispute, waiting until there is another audience a full week later may not be the most efficient route to resolution.

Yeah, it's like, just text each other. Or e-mail. That's how most work gets done these days!

To: [AllExecList] [AllWresterList] [AllProductionList]
RE: Issues with GM strategy
file: issues.ppxt

Hi all,

I've attached that PowerPoint from our meeting yesterday about my issues with the current GM strategy. Thank you all for your attendance- please e-mail me if you have any questions. Hoping to schedule a follow-up by Thursday if we can get schedules to work.

Thanks!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
actually, jon cena never thinks your speeches are fine. they are in fact, bad.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
"the wwe universe"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

on notice

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nobody in WWE knows how to correctly say the idiom "tear you limb from limb". They always say some variation like "from limb to limb" or "limb by limb".

Also the next time Jericho gives an interview, listen to how fast he says "WWE". It's like he's made it into one word, "Dubudubyee". Dude says it faster than anyone else.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You can't ruin what's already ruined. What was once cocaine fuled wildmen screaming about murdering people is now a bunch of bitchy office workers arguing about who broke the photocopier.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sticklefifer posted:

Also the next time Jericho gives an interview, listen to how fast he says "WWE". It's like he's made it into one word, "Dubudubyee". Dude says it faster than anyone else.

I know Vince does this a lot too. It's like if you didn't know the context you'd have no idea what he was even saying.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
"With all due respect, [complete verbal burial of someone]."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

" Ima ignore everything and change the story on a dime but I'll do it super passionately" - john cena

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

"Never give up, never surrender!"

"Actually John, that kind of thinking led to World War I continuing for 4 years over the most meaningless of goals, leaving europe devastated and a generation lost. Maybe think about that."

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
"And there's NO ONE BACK THERE IN THE LOCKER ROOM who can face me..."

*looks toward the ramp, two seconds of awkward silence*

"NO ONE at all who could, um, even have like, a hope of a chance of..."

*glances at ramp again*

"..could face me for this WWE champion title, because I am the best, and uh, because..."

*rival's music finally hits*

It amazes me how often they hang someone out to dry for like an extra 10 seconds past when they're obviously supposed to be interrupting him. It's live theater, learn your loving cues, people!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"live on the wwe network"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

It amazes me how often they hang someone out to dry for like an extra 10 seconds past when they're obviously supposed to be interrupting him. It's live theater, learn your loving cues, people!

There's a ton going on backstage while the show is running, so I always wonder if this is more frequently on the end of a wrestler sprinting to Gorilla, the tech crew scrambling to get an entrance cue ready, or because they booked out the specific amount of time for the segment and the person in the ring went through their promo too fast or skipped parts of it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
What ruined WWE promos for me, maybe more than any verbal tics, was that guys backstage aren't allowed to just look at the camera and yell at a guy. They have to be interviewed by a mannequin and stare off into the distance.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i'm don't care if you beat me, i don't care if you cheat, but if you don't respect my talk show that i have to hastily put on in the middle of this ring right now, i'm going to hit you with a foreign object or my finisher.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Contrary to popular belief and despite Owen's best efforts Bret's leg was still in his leg

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
This is probably one that doesn't annoy many people but the one that gets me is a super simple one where its generally a really weak promo person who relies on "I mean" as the connector between two points. Its usually a cocky heel who sounds like they're just trying to regurgitate lines learned backstage. Nikki Bella is a major culprit for example. Looked up a random promo just then for examples and got it 3 times within the first minute: "my Sister was the one who betrayed me, I mean, when we came to the WWE it was meant to be the Bella twins against the world, and its never been that way, I mean, I've always been there for Brie, I always loved her, but secretly she never became the woman I wanted her to be, I mean, she is just so selfish". Stop loving saying I mean.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

These four ropes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's pronounced jif.

• Locked thread