Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worldshatter

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Every now and then I get incredibely worried that I might actually be the traitor in some grand story involving my life. As a result of this I need to come up with multiple checks that I can go through to make sure that I am not in fact the traitor.

Do you share a love interest with the protagonist? Sucks to be you buddy because the writer sure as hell isn't letting them end up with you. You're probably the traitor.

Do you say ominous things like "In time, everything will become clear to you" then disappear into the darkness before the protagonist can respond? Yeah you're the traitor.

Did you draw the card that had "werewolf" written on it at the start of the story's production? Sorry bud you're the traitor. (also a werewolf)

Can you guys help me with any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon

by R. Guyovich

Worldshatter posted:

Do you say ominous things like "In time, everything will become clear to you" then disappear into the darkness before the protagonist can respond? Yeah you're the traitor.

You shouldn't worry too much about this because yes, you might end up betraying the protagonist but if you keep doing the same thing afterwards then eventually it'll turn out you're one of the good guys all along.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MiracleWhale

have you developed a rivalry with the protagonist which he either does not acknowledge or views as a playful contest between friends, but which has turned your insides into a churning stew of bitterness and jealousy? i have some bad news

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
were you previously accustomed to wealth and privilege, before the evil occupying army took over your city? Certain opportunities for advancement may present themselves to the man unencumbered by morals

MiracleWhale

are you the last born son in the royal family, forbidden by the law of primogeniture from ever inheriting the throne? the seed of treachery lies within you

KomodoWagon

by R. Guyovich
Is the protagonist an aging professional who has lost his sense of romance and whimsy? Are you a slightly younger woman who encourages him and inspires him to once again take pride in his field, lifting him out of depression and onwards towards spending his golden years doing his very best, even as his rival attempts to thwart him at every turn?

Hoo-hoo-hooo, boy, do I have some bad news for you.

----------------

jazzyhattrick

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can totally sympathise OP. I thought I was the traitor for a long time. All the signs were there, I mean just look at the list.

- best friends with protagonist since childhood.
- both like same girl, she chose him.
- my methods are way more brutal than the rest of the team, hero dude often has to physically restrain me from shooting unarmed people in cold blood.
- had lots of secret meetings in roadside diner with shadowy figure that turned out to be evil.
- I even wear an eye patch for christ's sake.
- I was standing next to the head bad guy on top of a dam, during a thunder storm, while he explained his plan to the protagonist. What was I doing while this was going on? Only pointing an assault rifle at my friend.

So, obvious traitor right? Wrong. It turns out I was a double agent all along, as soon as evil boss guy finished his soliloquy I turned my gun towards him and said "Sorry Vlad, I'm going to have to take a rain check on that." Shot him and pushed him into the turbine intake, It was pretty sweet.

Also I banged the hell out of the hot German chick that used to be the primary antagonist before vlad came along, she's on the good guy team now.

So, I'm not the traitor after all, although now I'm concerned I'll get killed off in order to raise the stakes.

social vegan

Hahaha, a traitor? You're crazy, OP *dons lifelike mask of an old lady and goes to the market to sell his best friend a haunted apple*

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i'm ralph nader :ohdear:

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i also console-gently caress my friends' spouses when they go missing and are presumed dead but i think that's actually a pretty normal thing to do, i mean it's not like i'm gonna kill them if they reappear

after shaving my head, probably

jazzyhattrick

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gatekeeper posted:

i'm ralph nader :ohdear:

How does it feel to be directly responsible for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? not to mention the financial crisis.

KomodoWagon

by R. Guyovich

Gatekeeper posted:

i also console-gently caress my friends' spouses

No-one cares about your sick CoD skills dude

----------------

google THIS

do you truly love and respect the protagonist, but there's some secret fatal flaw of restlessness or envy that you just can't seem to get past? sorry bro, you've got crime of passion written all over you. moreover, you won't be able to live with yourself after your betrayal, so start studying up now on the most tragically dramatic ways to off yourself because honestly if you don't, you'll become the villain in the sequel, metaphorically killing the good person you once were, and someone will latch on to that and explain it very badly to the next generation of heroes.

on the flip side, do you have a troubled past? do you resent the protagonist and openly express contempt for them on a regular basis? do you have a major altercation and storm off for the bad guy's side in full view of the heroes? well, the good news is you're prime "change of heart" material. the bad news is you're probably dead too.

guns for tits

Every time I meet up with my friends the song "Sympathy for the Devil" starts playing out of nowhere! Don't get me wrong, I like the Rolling Stones, but it gets a little grating after the 57th time or so.

KomodoWagon

by R. Guyovich

Doc Friday posted:

Every time I meet up with my friends the song "Sympathy for the Devil" starts playing out of nowhere! Don't get me wrong, I like the Rolling Stones, but it gets a little grating after the 57th time or so.

Same but it's Sy Borg by Frank Zappa

----------------

HaveARottenDay

Have the antagonist and his forces made a deal with you to give up your rebellious friends in exchange for keeping them out of your city forever? Well not only did you betray your friends, but that deal you made just keeps getting worse all the time! Guess you'll have to redeem yourself.

Smash it Smash hit

prettay, prettay
Do you really love rabbits OP?

qqqq

Worldshatter

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Do you really love rabbits OP?

I do, is that bad news? :ohdear:

Smash it Smash hit

prettay, prettay

Worldshatter posted:

I do, is that bad news? :ohdear:

*begins to load kruger while weeping* Just keep telling me about them rabbits.

qqqq

google THIS

*jeff foxworthy voice*

if a furious man in white armor chases you with an electrified cudgel, you might be a traitor.

if a talking lion dies in your place, you might be a traitor.

if your name rhymes with "schmootus" and your best friend is either an emperor or the Son of God, you might be a traitor.

Smash it Smash hit

prettay, prettay
did you try hitting yourself and see if you blink rapidly afterward?

qqqq

Applewhite

by vyelkin
I'm a college professor who is an expert on esoteric science and one of my former students now works for the Office of Clandestine Intelligence (even more secret and badass than the CIA). He recently contacted me because a shadowy organization is committing crimes using technology based on my theories.

Things aren't looking good for me :(

----------------

social vegan

wakes up feelin' great, walks over to the mirror, rubbing the sleep outta my eyes only to see a lightning bolt shaped white streak in my hair

Worldshatter

A fact about me:

My brother is the King of Denmark, his wife is smoking hot but he has this really whiny son...

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
you know, ever since my best friend started hooking up with that bad news boy from the wrong side of the tracks, i've woken up each day feeling that the time was nearly right for a face-heel turn.

gotta start practicing my DDT.

treasure bear

are you in the third act, and though you've been mentoring the protagonist up till now, you do have a family to think about? you might just be the traitor.

google THIS

walking to my usual table with my lunch tray

my drink slides to the edge of the tray and begins to tip. i try to grab it, forgetting that i need both hands to support the tray. i fall on my face, food goes everywhere, everyone is laughing at me

i glare at the stack of trays i usually take from, furious that the trays are always so slippery

then my eyes light on another stack of trays, the "B" stack. my lips curl into a sneer

Mariana Horchata

george washington ordered one of my ancestors hung for spying on troop movements for the British in NY, they were also from a loyalist family so i guess i have traitor blood in me (whatev im p sure they werent slaveowners tho unlike the Founding Fathers)

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

george washington ordered one of my ancestors hung for spying on troop movements for the British in NY, they were also from a loyalist family so i guess i have traitor blood in me (whatev im p sure they werent slaveowners tho unlike the Founding Fathers)

Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home from hanging posters ancestors and shooting the poo poo (and germans),, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.

FutonForensic

Do you spend your free time practicing your stabbing skills on sacks of flour? Do you admire yourself in the mirror while snarking, "Et tu yourself, bitch?"

MiracleWhale

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home from hanging posters ancestors and shooting the poo poo (and germans),, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.

most people don't know that the current national anthem is an extremely toned down version of martha washington's original hard bop composition

Mariana Horchata

wait does that mean that Hamilton is non-fiction?

flavor.flv

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, so I have shoulder-length dark hair, a tall, slender build and handsome but sharp features. My brother is broad-faced and muscular with thick wavy hair and a bright smile. He has more friends than me, which makes sense. He's always been the outgoing one, I always preferred to spend my nights in the family library. There are some fascinating old books in there, and I have studied their teachings well. If knowledge is power than I have amassed quite the arsenal. Certainly more than some unworthy fool who spends his nights in the tavern.

Anyway, my bro stands to inherit our father's property and his title, and I'm really happy for him.

edit: haha, whoops! I thought this was the chat thread!

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 27, 2016

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

If you're getting involved in a heist, make sure you contribute ideas or even just opinions so that you aren't one of the quiet background guys who gets shot as the heist is getting underway, but make sure you aren't overbearing and demanding the plan go a specific way, because then you might be the traitor. Try your best to be mostly ruthless but to have a soft spot for some kind of innocence, whether it be pretty women or children. Finally, do NOT be foreign.

E: if the planners of the heist are all American and stealing from your country, try to have the funniest accent of all the locals pulled in for the job. If you can't, then it's already too late for you.

Gatekeeper

KomodoWagon posted:

No-one cares about your sick CoD skills dude

lmao I didnt catch that bc I haven't owned a console in about 15 yrs but lmfao

google THIS

I chuckle and rub my hands together a lot but is it my fault if I have pseudobulbar affect and poor circulation?

Anoia

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
if the camera slowly pushes in on you and ominous music plays after you say something seemingly harmless (ex. "don't worry, I'll take care of everything" or "yes I will have fries with that") you're probably the traitor

learn to be aware of the cameras on you at all times and instead act like jim from the office

Bhauk

Worldshatter posted:

Every now and then I get incredibely worried that I might actually be the traitor in some grand story involving my life. As a result of this I need to come up with multiple checks that I can go through to make sure that I am not in fact the traitor.

Do you share a love interest with the protagonist? Sucks to be you buddy because the writer sure as hell isn't letting them end up with you. You're probably the traitor.

Did you draw the card that had "werewolf" written on it at the start of the story's production? Sorry bud you're the traitor. (also a werewolf)

Can you guys help me with any more?

Are you the space soldier that has a vendetta against pirates and is doing more than just following orders? Yup, You the traitor.

bean mom

Is your name Matt?

You're probably a traitor

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Historical Wizards

Zyla posted:

Is your name Matt?

You're probably a traitor

:gonk:

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

• Locked thread