Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Cassimir's jaw works unconsciously as he scans the dossier and accompanying pictures. Some good-for-nothing noble's son, that's just what they needed. If something had happened, the Marquis had better not blame the messengers. After some quiet reflection, he glances up at the Marshal.

"What's out at Red Rock? Anything valuable, the kind of thing that could draw in something like a major bandit attack?"

pre:
Name: Cassimir Crowe
Specialization: Ministorum Priest
Aptitudes: Agility, Fellowship, Leadership, Perception, Social, Strength, Weapon Skill, Willpower
Demeanor: Driven
Horse: Saint, Ill-Tempered

WS:  40 (20)
BS:  23 (3 +0 Regiment)
S:   30 (10)
T:   30 (10)
Agi: 42 (16 +6 Regiment)
Int: 23 (3)
Per: 27 (7)
WP:  32 (12)
Fel: 51 (16 +5 Specialization +10 Advances)

Wounds: 15 (+1 SC)
Fate: 3

Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Skills:

Awareness
Charm
Command +10
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed)
Survival +10

Talents:

Catfall
Curate
Hatred (Outlaws)
Heroic Inspiration
Quick Draw
Rapid Reaction
Unshakeable Faith
Urge the Penitent
Weapon Training (Chain, Las, Flame, Low-Tech, SP)

Traits:

Distrust of Authority
Survivalist Doctrine
Honor Bound

Gear:

Formal Uniform + Badge of Office
Flakweave Field Armor (Flakplate incorporated into robes)
Ecclesiarchy Robes
Horse w/ Riding Gear + Flakweave Riding Blanket
Lascarbine w/ Custom Grip
Flamer
Jester's Knives
GC Cavalry Spear
GC Chainsword
4 Stun Grenades
Book of Scripture
1 Week Field Rations
Basic Cookware
Blanket + Sleeping Bag
Misc. Tools

XP		2000/2000

Sound Constitution-Free
Dodge-200
Dodge +10-400
Intimidate-100
Command-100
Command +10-200
Urge the Penitent-200
Curate (Comrade Ability)-250
Fel +5-100
Fel +5 (2)-250
Heroic Inspiration-200

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Cassimir nods approvingly. "The bond between a warrior and his weapon is second only to the bond between the warrior and the Emperor. Speaking of which..."

He turns to the quartermaster. "I could use some stun grenades. And if the workshop finally has the time to make a few adjustments to my chainsword's heft, I'd appreciate it."

Stun Grenade(s) vs 60 (25 Base +10 Common +25 Less Lethal) and Custom Grip for the Chainsword vs 40 (25 Base +0 Average +15 Customization):

Stun Grenade(s): 40

Custom Grip: 74

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 28, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Before taking his seat for the trip, Cassimir crosses his arms in an aquila and closes his eyes.

"O Lord of All Mankind, our Immortal God-Emperor, whose glory shines undiminished across the whole of the Imperium and beyond, guide us now. Watch over our holy mission, grant us strength in its darkest hour, and let our every blow strike down your enemies. May you reign forever and ever, Amen."

Satisfied that everything is as it should be, he sits down and smiles, content that their mission would go precisely as the Emperor willed it. Any difficulties or complications would simply be a test of their fortitude and faith.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Saint snorts irritably and shifts under Cassimir; a few seconds of muttering into her ear calms her down.

"We shouldn't go out of our way to avoid a few armed men. After all, who goes out into the frontier unarmed? Besides, if they're fool enough to attack us, well... we've killed more with less."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Was there no depth to the stupidity and depravity of men who lived outside the Emperor's light? Killing them would be a mercy, and Cassimir was feeling very merciful today.

As soon as their intentions are known, Cassimir whips his chainsword from his hip and spurs Saint into a full-speed charge at the bandits. The weapon is almost roaring louder than he is as he bears down on one of the poor fools, weapon perfectly poised for a killing strike.

"EQUITES, FOR THE EMPEROOOR!"

Initiative: 14

Quick Draw the Chainsword and Crushing Charge on the weedy guy with the lascarbine, TN 100 (40 +20 Charge +30 Surprise +10 Hatred).

Crushing Charge vs 100: 24, so that's one hit that can't be parried, and he has to make an Opposed Strength test against my mount or be knocked Prone. Assuming he lives, because...

Damage, Pen 2: 2d10k1+5 15, Righteous Fury! My Curate comrade ability means there is now 1 free temporary FP up for grabs to any PC within communications range. If you want it, speak up. It vanishes if unspent by the end of the encounter, and you can't burn it, but otherwise it can be used for any FP purposes.

Righteous Fury, Body: 5, holy God-Emperor do the dice want this scrublord bandit to suffer. "A torrent of blood spills from the deep cuts, making the ground slick with gore. All characters attempting to move through this pool of blood must make a Challenging (+0) Agility Test or fall Prone. The target suffers 1d10 Toughness Damage and also suffers Blood Loss."

Y'know what, he's already probably dead or crippled beyond any ability to act, so I'm gonna skip the Strength roll for my horse. If it matters, the horse has 51 Strength, assuming we're just using the basic Horse profile from Hammer of the Emperor. Of course, assuming makes an rear end out of you and Ming, so let me know if anything's different.

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
40   23   30   30   42   23   27   32   51

Wounds: 15/15       Fate: 3/3
Armour: 2 Head, 4 Else (+1 v Blast)
Horse Wounds: 18/18
Horse AP: 3
Dodge: 52

Skills: Awareness, Command +10, Dodge +10, Survival +10

Catfall - Reduce the distance of all falls by Agi Bonus. +20 Acrobatics when reducing fall damage.
Curate - Whenever I trigger RF on a melee attack, I can grant a temporary FP to any one PC within communications range. It cannot be burned and is lost at the end of the encounter if unspent.
Hatred (Outlaws) - +10 WS against Outlaws. Must pass WP test to retreat or surrender against them, unless facing overwhelming odds.
Heroic Inspiration - Can use the Inspire special use of Command as a Half Action once per turn.
Quick Draw - Ready pistols/basic weapons/one-handed melee weapons as a Free Action.
Rapid Reaction - Can test Agility to act normally when Surprised or otherwise ambushed.
Unshakeable Faith - Can reroll WP tests to resist Fear.
Urge the Penitent - +10 to any test when rerolling it with a FP. Can spend a reaction to grant this benefit to another PC in LOS and communication.

Lascarbine      75m     S/2/-   1d10+3E   Pen.0       60/60     Half     Reliable, Custom Grip
Flamer          20m     S/-/-   1d10+4E   Pen.2        6/6      2Full    Flame, Spray
Chainsword      Melee           1d10+5R   Pen.2                          Tearing, Balanced, GC
Jester's Knives Melee           1d5+5R    Pen.2                          Felling (2)
-JK (Thrown )    9m     S/-/-   1d5+5R    Pen.4                          Accurate, Felling (2)
Cav. Spear      Melee           1d10+3R   Pen.0                          Proven (2/4)*, Unbalanced, GC
Stun Grenade     9m     S/-/-                           4                Blast (3), Concussive (2)

*4 only when used as part of a Mounted Charge action.
**SB already added to melee weapon damage.

Traits/Other:

Survivalist Doctrine: Free reroll on Survival and Navigate (Surface) checks when operating in scrublands/desert, away from civilization.
Honor Bound: -10 WP test to refuse a formal challenge or major insult to honor. Failure forces an engagement or -10 WP + Social tests for the rest of the session. Penalty can stack.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 5, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

As Cassimir's blade cuts clean through the outlaw and the impact sends the man's upper half flying off the bridge, he feels a moment of grim pride. That was the kind of blow he'd always associated with fiery sermons of the greatest Saints and the Angels of Death. He was nothing compared to such heroes, but this was still a good omen. Blood fountaining from the corpse splashes across his entire right side and along Saint's flank. He blinks reflexively to keep it out of his eyes, and when he reopens them, Saint's momentum has already carried them halfway across the bridge, and the bandit with the laslock is straight ahead of him. Divine providence? Of course.

He raises the sword again and swings, but his blood-slick hand nearly loses its grip on the sword, and the blow is not nearly as clean as the first. He immediately curses himself internally for the sin of pride and resolves to perform 100 Hail Emperors before he sleeps tonight.

Crushing Charge on laslock guy.

Crushing Charge TN 70 (40 +20 Charge +10 Hatred): 86, but so far as I can tell there's nothing in the rules that says I can't give myself the temporary FP from Curate, so I'll go ahead and use it to reroll.

Crushing Charge vs 80 Reroll: 31

Damage, Pen 2: 7

Saint Opposed Strength TN 51: 48, 1 DoS

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
40   23   30   30   42   23   27   32   51

Wounds: 15/15       Fate: 3/3
Armour: 2 Head, 4 Else (+1 v Blast)
Horse Wounds: 18/18
Horse AP: 3
Dodge: 52

Skills: Awareness, Command +10, Dodge +10, Survival +10

Catfall - Reduce the distance of all falls by Agi Bonus. +20 Acrobatics when reducing fall damage.
Curate - Whenever I trigger RF on a melee attack, I can grant a temporary FP to any one PC within communications range. It cannot be burned and is lost at the end of the encounter if unspent.
Hatred (Outlaws) - +10 WS against Outlaws. Must pass WP test to retreat or surrender against them, unless facing overwhelming odds.
Heroic Inspiration - Can use the Inspire special use of Command as a Half Action once per turn.
Quick Draw - Ready pistols/basic weapons/one-handed melee weapons as a Free Action.
Rapid Reaction - Can test Agility to act normally when Surprised or otherwise ambushed.
Unshakeable Faith - Can reroll WP tests to resist Fear.
Urge the Penitent - +10 to any test when rerolling it with a FP. Can spend a reaction to grant this benefit to another PC in LOS and communication.

Lascarbine      75m     S/2/-   1d10+3E   Pen.0       60/60     Half     Reliable, Custom Grip
Flamer          20m     S/-/-   1d10+4E   Pen.2        6/6      2Full    Flame, Spray
Chainsword      Melee           1d10+5R   Pen.2                          Tearing, Balanced, GC
Jester's Knives Melee           1d5+5R    Pen.2                          Felling (2)
-JK (Thrown )    9m     S/-/-   1d5+5R    Pen.4                          Accurate, Felling (2)
Cav. Spear      Melee           1d10+3R   Pen.0                          Proven (2/4)*, Unbalanced, GC
Stun Grenade     9m     S/-/-                           4                Blast (3), Concussive (2)

*4 only when used as part of a Mounted Charge action.
**SB already added to melee weapon damage.

Traits/Other:

Survivalist Doctrine: Free reroll on Survival and Navigate (Surface) checks when operating in scrublands/desert, away from civilization.
Honor Bound: -10 WP test to refuse a formal challenge or major insult to honor. Failure forces an engagement or -10 WP + Social tests for the rest of the session. Penalty can stack.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 8, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Cassimir gives his chainsword one last rev to clear the worst of the blood out, then returns it to his side. Later on, once they made camp, he'd have to break it open and give it a more thorough cleaning. A chainsword's spirit was proud and temperamental by nature; if you didn't respect the weapon by keeping it clean and anointed with sacred oils, it would jam on you at the worst possible time.

Wiping blood from his face and beard with a little water from his canteen, he turns in the saddle to regard the survivor with a stony glare. "Well, you're smarter than your friends, so far. Why don't you tell us what you fools were doing out here? And son, don't lie to us. I'm in a charitable mood for the moment, but I think I've demonstrated that pissin' me off will not improve your prospects of making it through the day."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

"Compartmentalized, hmm? Well, a liar wouldn't claim he knew nothing of value when his life's on the line, and I'm in a good mood. I say we bring him along."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Cassimir nods. "Sheriff it is, then. He'll know best what's going on."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Cassimir spends a few seconds glaring at the lock as though it were the lock's fault the sheriff wasn't in. Then the full import of what the old man had said hits him, and he turns towards him.

"New sheriff, you said? We're here looking for Sheriff Margo and his son, the Deputy. Equites haven't heard word out of here in over a month. What's happened?"

Oops, I forgot the kid was here pretending to the be the Sheriff's son.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Cassimir Crowe

Cassimir exhales slowly, heart sinking. Unless they'd severely misjudged Sheriff Margo's character, he wasn't the type to panic and run. Something had driven him to ground, and it had to be something more than the official story. He needed to speak to the boy, find out the truth.

"Well, damnation. Where are they keeping the kid? I ought to... minister to his soul."

• Locked thread