Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I don't even really hate the idea of a Sheamus/Cesaro tag team, but that was the absolute worst way to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you know i can't really explain why but i'm actually okay with how this has played out

Stanfield posted:

I don't even really hate the idea of a Sheamus/Cesaro tag team, but that was the absolute worst way to get there.

See, I don't actually disagree, the We Are Strong Foreign Men tag team is potentially fun and most importantly it's an improvement over the "creative has nothing for you" gimmick they've both had for half a year, but dragging a singles feud between them for two and a half months to that sort of non-ending is still quadruple-plus stupid.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don't usually get mad at crowds for chanting cm punk, but why were they chanting it at a fun entertaining match and not Rusev vs Roman.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if it was a best of five do you think it might have worked better? 7 was probably too much and i'm not sure if the story could be compressed into 3

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I didn't watch raw or the ppv, but I am amazed that they managed to parity book a best of 7 series. That's really remarkable.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It should have been one more match where they battle to a time limit draw and were on the verge of putting eachother on the shelf because of it, instead of a best of seven. they'd already had two?/three? matches before the series began. p.s. the time limit should have been 17 hours

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I like that the best-of-seven ended in a draw because the two guys were too hurt to continue, which was expertly shown by one man having to be dragged out fighting four officials while the other one stood in the middle of the ring, calling for the match to continue.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So is there a reason Neville isn't doing some cruiserweight matches?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jiro posted:

They only have three hours. How do you expect them to squeeze him in. Maybe they should look into 4 hours?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Jiro posted:

Isn't he still injured?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if it was a best of five do you think it might have worked better? 7 was probably too much and i'm not sure if the story could be compressed into 3

I think I recall someone in a discussion thread floating the idea of one big best-of-seven-falls, falls-count-anywhere match around the time this whole storyline started. This would have been either (a) fantastic and an interesting departure from what's become the standard WWE match, or (b) lovely poo flaming garbage crap. In either case, the whole thing would have been done with a great deal quicker, like ripping off a bandage

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 27, 2016

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Jiro posted:

Tony Nese is basically Neville, just with human ears.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would've actually not minded them kicking the poo poo out of each other until neither could answer a standing 10 count, but I don't even know if referees still do that when both guys are down (outside of LMS matches obviously).

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
That Table for 3 with Kane, Big Show, and Mark Henry was pretty good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RAW was bad, RGL is good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Alright so Enzo in Cass once again lose clean to a last minute tag team on Monday Night Raw. I am not sure where they are going with this whole Enzo/Cass thing but I can tell you right now the WWE is making this tag team the worst I can think of. I didn't watch Raw tonight because I was occupied with other things, but what's the deal this this Enzo poo poo. Why aren't they winning matches? Why aren't they contenders for the tag champs? Are Enzo and Cass still a tag team?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The_Rob posted:

The two cruiserweight matches were really fun but man I wish there seemed to be more of an angle happening.

The division is one week old. They're still establishing the roster. The title already has a feud. I don't know what kind of instant gratification you want that's even more instant than instant.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

projecthalaxy posted:

90s wrestling superstar chris jericho presented a Tout of Ashton Kutcher, as part of the television show?

Aston Kutchner

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I thought the ending of the best of 7 was as bad as anyone, but a European hoss tag team should be fun for a while.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Chris Jericho's current run really reminds me of Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I've disliked Stephanie as an on screen character for a very long time, but her complete dressing down of Mick tonight has just made me so completely done with Raw. It is unacceptable that she just gets to poo poo on anyone she comes in contact with during the show, because she has to be the top star of a show about wrestlers as an authority figure. It's so loving tired and I don't know how they think this is a form of entertainment. Not to mention that on the card we had 2 Clash of Champions rematch, 1 Summerslam rematch, and some squash matches.

I wanted to care about Raw because of the Cruiserweights but loving christ, next week is 2 more Clash of Champions rematches (Women's match is minus Bayley oooh so different). What is the loving point?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

When do the ratings come in?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Venomous posted:

~4 PM EST, so about 8 and a half hours.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Venomous posted:

who gives a poo poo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

dordreff posted:

Isn't he still injured?
No he was on Superstars wrestling Jinder Mahal while Sami was wrestling Curtis Axel, gotta keep that C-show brand strong

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Venomous posted:

bradzilla posted:

who gives a poo poo

put these two posts in the op of every single wwe discussion forever

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Roman vs. Rusev was bad again and I hope their feud is done

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I was hoping the presidential debate would end with Mick Foley coming out and announcing that actually, tonight, on this very stage, right here at Hofstra University!!! Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were going to get a shot at the tag team titles...together!!!

But I'll settle for Sheamus and Cesaro

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Every time I see Steph on screen I can't help but think "Batista was right" as once again she tears into a talent who cowels beneath her gaze with no hint of her getting repercussions ever.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I was hoping the presidential debate would end with Mick Foley coming out and announcing that actually, tonight, on this very stage, right here at Hofstra University!!! Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were going to get a shot at the tag team titles...together!!!

I'd pray for a Obama/Biden retention.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

After watching the debate I'm not quite sure if I can distinguish reality any more, but I'm pretty sure the Highlight Reel segment I watched with Jericho, Owens, Enzo & Cass actually happened and it ruled.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Jerusalem posted:

After watching the debate I'm not quite sure if I can distinguish reality any more, but I'm pretty sure the Highlight Reel segment I watched with Jericho, Owens, Enzo & Cass actually happened and it ruled.

The sad part is that I'm sure the 'yes you did' 'no I didn't' part was meant to be a debate parody, but we could only dream that the actual candidates had the charm and intellect of a Big Cass or Chris Jericho

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

dordreff posted:

I like that the best-of-seven ended in a draw because the two guys were too hurt to continue, which was expertly shown by one man having to be dragged out fighting four officials while the other one stood in the middle of the ring, calling for the match to continue.

I think it could have worked, but the ending was borked by Cesaro's dumb dive. If you aren't going to stop the match for that, then it looks silly to stop it for a clothesline over the barricade.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Is this the first time that Smackdown is hands down the better show than RAW? I'm honestly shocked by just how much better SD is, it's a combo of the shorter time frame and the fact that it seems like everything just flows so much smoother.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Move Chris Jericho to Smackdown and shut down RAW forever thanks.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

Is this the first time that Smackdown is hands down the better show than RAW? I'm honestly shocked by just how much better SD is, it's a combo of the shorter time frame and the fact that it seems like everything just flows so much smoother.

Nah. I'm certain that PSP agreed Smackdown was better than RAW +5 years ago because Cena was being pushed too much on RAW while Smackdown was a place to see Edge and Undertaker, a more enjoyable heel GM in Vicki, and so forth.

Edit- almost any time they've let RAW become too overloaded with McMahon drama and excessively slow builds Smackdown feels way better.

Double Edit- I'm pretty sure MattVP was a smackdown tag team and that was roughly at the same time everyone loved Smackdown a lot

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 27, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OldTennisCourt posted:

Smackdown under Heyman trashed Raw so much that they removed him from creative.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

Smackdown under Heyman trashed Raw so much that they removed him from creative.

Why on earth would you do that?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Why on earth would you do that?

Spying on your co-workers is frowned upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

Definitely not. The Smackdown Six era and Edge/Undertaker era Smackdown were 100x better than Raw. In this case it's better because the booking is competent and the show is a compact 2 hours.

• Locked thread