Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

I don't usually carry my J frame on my belt line much these days but when I use to more often it was in a Garrett Industries silent thunder II AIWB holster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Where do you carry your J frame? Please say Berns-Martin Lightning-style holster with the muzzle pointed straight up. gently caress your brachial artery, you'll look badass when you take off your coat.

I carry at about 3:30 in a Desantis Pocket Tuk. Note: the picture on the Amazon page is not exactly the same as what you get. Also pretty sure that's not a J-Frame.

It's good for round butts:

and square butts (lol):

Here's the backside of it. Note the reinforcement - it's pretty thick up top.

The good things about it are:
- stays put
- adjustable cant
- tuckable (although your belt clip has a unicorn on it, if anyone's that close to look)
- technically also a pocket holster if you remove the clip entirely. But you'd have to have some big drat pockets. Maybe for cargo shorts, but I would not recommend it.
- durable leather -
- holds the gun well
- easy to reholster one-handed: the opening stays open.
- inexpensive.

The bad things:
- That reinforced leather edge on the opening really gets uncomfortable if you don't have something between you and it. If my undershirt rides up, it chafes badly.

Appendix (~1 o'clock). I can't imagine why I'd ever carry a gun as you describe.

• Locked thread