Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Signing up to play with luminaries such as Harold Krell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I never agreed to boogie.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Can we change the flavor of this mafia game to a video game that people actually played and remember?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Or, better yet, a video game on a good console. Like the Nintendo GameCube.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Those days are pretty short.

Do we gotta go fast?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Give Krell a Chance

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I want jokephase in the mafia thread Vigilante 8 to continue revolving around the word Vigilante, thank you

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mirotrem posted:

Seems terrible.

##vote BottleKnight

You'll get used to me sweetie.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

scumclaim

##vote krell

lol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I think the very first thing Cpig said to me was a suggestion that if I wanted to read a really good game of mafia I should read Krellfia.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

good luck voting me now nerds

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

could you please elaborate, mr. krell?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

is that strength metaphorical, or are you just saying you're really swole irl

because this is not convincing me mr. krell

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

ok so I know nobody is going to believe this but I'm claiming now because it needs to be said:

I have a daycop power. As soon as I got my PM I used it on Krell. He came back scum.

Vote for him.

Well at least you make it fun ecco.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I did not come into this game expecting to be Krell's biggest whiteknight. But here we are.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

yes you did. you knew people would want to vote krell and you joined it anyway thinking you'd defend him.

What I meant is that I didn't think I'd actually be defending against the turbo in a serious way, just calling it dumb (because all turbos are dumb). But then I found your lie.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

so ecco lied about a daycop on krell

seems like something ecco would do for fun

krell is still a garbage person tho

What's your history with Krell?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

There we go. Thank you ecco.

##vote krell

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I am genuinely very surprised people are only just now realizing I've been advocating a policy vote.

Like, really? Really? Is your head in the sand or something? Newer players like Krunge I could understand, but the rest of you, shameful, y'all are bad at mafia.

No I knew, I just wanted you to post why.

I had only quoted your post to say "Why post this dumb lie?" when I saw bbcode.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

That's still a pretty far step from accusing someone else of having psychological issues.

:agreed:

Krell attempting to mudsling and then post a tiny paragraph at the end saying he's above mudslinging is hilarious.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, Ecco lead the charge, and then he decided to respond with a horrible post that endeared him to precisely nobody :shrug:

I mean, as much as I'd like to hammer I think an insta-turbo at this point would be pretty bad.

If there is someone a majority of the town doesnt like and isn't going to work well with, then either they are scum or the scum will intentionally keep them around. It's the same concept as a lurker lynch, if the town doesn't vote lurkers out early then they were going to lose anyways.

Days are short this game anyways. This is not an insta-turbo, Hats. Getting rid of Krell is good for town regardless of his alignment. I just wanted people to say why we were lynching him on a policy vote instead of lying and joking about it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

you didn't get an 800 on the SAT verbal did you

I never took the SAT, I got a 31 on the ACT :sun:

This is a bit of a pointless snipe though tbh.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

what I mean is it was obvious by inference the cause of my vote, saying it explicitly was not necessary and making that the condition for your vote is trivial.

Aggro posted:

You're the first person to articulate a reason for your vote other than "lol Krell", which is appreciated.

That's a hell of a reputation to have though, if lynching him really is addition by subtraction.

I honestly don't know his history well enough to cast the deciding vote.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hello town. Now that the policy lynch is out of the way, I'm the Garbage Man, a 3P survivor. Let's not lynch me and I'll win with the town. Thanks in advance.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

You could also win with the scummies Mr. trustworthy magoo. Maybe you are a scum liar trying to invest in a town alliance insurance policy whilst nightkilling townies and being all pretend sad about it.

Yeah if I wanted to win with the scum I'd just blend in and float. I will try to participate and vote for the scum and win with an active town.

As for the second thing, there's no way for me to prove that's not true so do as you please.

But I have no night actions. Just saying.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mirotrem posted:

FTFY

##vote BottleKnight

lmao, no.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

You're just a normal survivor?

A'yup.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

I suppose, if you are who you say you are, it would be easier to ally with the town and play the numbers... ok. Seems legit.. although I have a terrible feeling I'm just being gullible here and probably just made myself a target for assassination. Ok, Mr. HomeTown hero, who would you put up for a lynch given the day one festivities?

Probably Max or PMush, but after that post on D1 I feel a lot better about PMush. ##vote pmush

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mirotrem posted:

Isn't Max dead already?

H'yuk, yeah he is. RF's casing reminded me of his posting yesterday and I forgot about that flip.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Aggro posted:

And correct me if I'm wrong, but keeping a third party (like a Survivor) around ultimately benefits the scum, no? If it comes down to a finale of say, three town, two scum, and a third party, the easiest thing for the Survivor to do is support the scum in a townie lynch (or create a deadlock). We can't vote to kill him at that point, as the scum would reach a majority that night.

Yeah, it benefits the scum if the game gets to LYLO. Lynching me just erases that one possibility and also another NK will happen. If you guys wanna kill me you can, instead of, you know, hunting the scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

You're just a normal survivor?

Why did you ask this?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Day 2 without anything from Day 1 is hard as poo poo.

I don't like this. Blame-the-mod is a claim that is literally impossible to prove with a decent mod without killing the player, and that's setting aside the "ordinary vig in a role madness game where everyone is named 'Vigilante'".

I don't like the "ordinary 3P Survivor" claim for the same reason, Survivor is a boring role at the best of times, and a loaded one at worst, so I feel like there's got to be some kind of gimmick here. And especially after getting cagey about whether or not they're a 'normal' survivor? I think BK is hiding something, and I don't know what, but if they're lying about it, it can't be good.

##vote Bottle Knight

To be clear, being cagey was just when I asked RF why he askrd thst question? I don't see how that's cagey but when in doubt, push the claimed 3P I guess.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PMush, RF asked me if I was just a regular survivor. I said yes, I am just a regular survivor. I am a vanilla 3P survivor. What the gently caress are you talking about me being cagey?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Can anyone other than PMush tell me how I'm being cagey? Because apparently I'm having a stroke.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

poo poo, I somehow managed to misread the order of events. Sorry about that. Back to plan A.

##vote Absurd Revolver

It's okay, I forgive you. I do think you were looking for an out though to tunnel me, though, and considering you only have 3 votes on you which isn't much heat, plus Ecco, the scum that the scum killed because they didnt know she was scum, was promising to put heat on you D2, a bunch of things are aligning that tell me you are scum. So I will not be moving my vote!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

So hey, claim time. I'm a 3 shot lie detector.

Shot 1:

In response to me asking if he's a regular survivor. This was a LIE

Shot 2:

Also a lie.

I've got one left and I vote we just press gang someone into claiming town or scum, but anyways BK is probably SK and AR is probably scum.

Listen, I'm not telling you whether to or not to waste your lie detector but I was doing literally exactly what PMush said. Why the gently caress would you lie detect that I'm a REGULAR survivor instead of just a survivor?

I am a 1X Deathproof Survivor.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am literally just trying to help the town :negative:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Cool, so we'll vote for you today, and if you don't die we'll know you're telling the truth.

Shouldn't have lied in the first place.

Okay, whatever. But at that point I could be a deathproof SK! So I don't see how that helps my actual claim, since you failed as a lie detector.

And no, my lie could have helped town if you didn't use your role to literally be a pedant.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I AM THE UNLUCKIEST 3P SURVIVOR EVER HAHAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Yeah I don't think he got a good lie detector on either of us, in context. I have no reason to believe you are not an insane brutal cop.

gently caress!

• Locked thread