Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm down for ROLE MADNESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

##vote Ecco

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I think there's a balance problem, guys, the entire town is vigilantes :v:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Krunge posted:

You're CCKeane?

deep down, in all of our hearts, we are all CCKeane

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Omerta.

OMARta

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Ecco why didn't you cop me I thought I was special :(

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

I used my totally existing power in the wisest fashion possible.

did you ever watch star trek hats???

I mean, I've watched some Star Trek. I dunno if that's really the same as 'watching Star Trek'.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Harold Krell posted:

:chloe:

Whoa, you need to chill out. If you really don't want to play with me, you can easily enough just drop out like many other people have done before, right?

At this point, it's become incredibly obvious that you have psychological issues you need to work out, since ironically this time around, you are the one who's ruining the game by throwing around fake-claims just to get rid of a person you hate for personal reasons. And no, you can't just scream and pout your way through life just to get your way. Just in case you aren't aware, you're not exactly well-liked around here either. I know for a fact that quite a few people here absolute resent you for your playstyle and behavior and only put up with you to get on with the game. See all those people half-heartedly voting for me? They're not doing it because they agree with you. They're doing it so they don't get attacked like your doing to me right now.

The truth is that you absolutely are NOT as well liked as you think you are. Not by a good margin.

Now, I don't know the real you, and this isn't an attack on your personal character, just a critique of your mafia playstyle, but posts like the one you just made make very little doubt that there is a patch of genuine darkness lurking in your soul somewhere...

:confused:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Harold Krell posted:

I am only talking about their character related to Mafia. People can easily lead a normal life IRL and completely change their attitudes in a game based on accusation. However, EccoRaven's posts are genuine attacks at me, proven with the use of swear words like "poo poo" and a very sinister and hate-filled tone, which is ironic because they usually call me the hate-filled one. :sigh:

That's still a pretty far step from accusing someone else of having psychological issues.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Aggro posted:

Krell is now two votes away from being lynched. Why?

I mean, Ecco lead the charge, and then he decided to respond with a horrible post that endeared him to precisely nobody :shrug:

I mean, as much as I'd like to hammer I think an insta-turbo at this point would be pretty bad.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

You voted Krell first but it was Ecco that really stepped things up, I think.

I'm not outright opposed to lynching Krell, but as it is right now it's looking like a really awful lynch.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

I never took the SAT, I got a 31 on the ACT :sun:

This is a bit of a pointless snipe though tbh.

Lookit this scrub. First-try 36 master race :smuggo:

standardized testing is a poor metric for future success as I learned the hard way

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Harold Krell posted:

God, what a loser that person will be and is.

:smugjones:

Retro Futurist posted:

In this case Krell didn't change any tones though, people just went totally on the offensive before he had a chance to say anything

I would say that he still escalated that to personal attacks. I mean, there's calling someone miserable in mafia, and then there's saying someone has psychological issues.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Alright, fine. I'll be the hero that mafia needs.

##vote Krell

:redhammer:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello I am sorry that I have not been in the thread. I wound up away for the weekend visiting family, and on Monday my cat was sick (he is still unwell :(). Anything that I need to be on the lookout for as I catch up?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Still catching up--is our masonry a confirmed masonry?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

I'm guessing Jimson, Cpig... Hats? ANarc? But Jimson & Cpig are my top 2 scumpicks for sure.

I understand why you'd be suspicious, and I really do apologize for the way things have shaken out for me this game, but I'm town. I'll give Cpig a read.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

oh well this clears things up, no doubt you're town now

MAN I'M MEAN TODAY

I haven't had any useful results from my power :(

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

For what it's worth, I can confirm that my N2 action failed.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

And that's distinct from just not getting any result--it specifically said failure.

I'm not exactly sure why I would be a jail target N2, though.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Like I said, role madness. Maybe there's an actual jailer who's going to counterclaim your rear end. I'm not going to jump into setup speculation about why I was blocked when you're in the middle of loving exploding on the launchpad with your attempts to discredit me. You're trying to change the subject away from literally every argument I have. It didn't work for Mike Pence, and it's not gonna work for you.

But you wanna play that game? I can play that game.

Please don't tell us what your role is (unless you already claimed and I just missed it), but knowing what you do, is it feasible that there are other reasons that your action might fail? Especially ones that scum would know about?

There isn't a built-in failure mechanism to my power, no.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Okay, thank you.

Okay, so right now, here's what I think is happening. I wanna get all my thoughts down in one place, instead of scattered over like five pages. I'll give my opinions on everyone that I can, just in case I get shot tonight.

- :siren: I tracked CPig to Keane :siren:, and CPig claims a non-action role. The only way, from my perspective, that Pig isn't lying is if there's a scum (or otherwise unclaimed) bus driver.
- miro called me a liar right out of the gate, then backpedaled a few minutes later because they, supposedly, didn't read their night 3 PM. I've been pushing them since and all I've seen is some very questionable logic, deflecting or outright suspicious responses, and attempts to get people to stop talking about who else might be scum. They sound very, very much like a newbie scum getting coached to try and recover from a massive gaff/scumslip.
- BottleKnight very strongly believes me to be a scum tracker, and has said they will elaborate further when they get home. I want to believe they are just mistaken, but I have not ruled out the possibility
- ANarc came right in with a very sensible question so, roles aside, I'm liking her play today. I admittedly may be biased because I think she's rad, but I wanna see more content from her before I make a real decision.
- Jimson is waffling really badly, but counterclaimed miro's flavor claim. I can't see any situation where CPig, miro, and Jimson could all be scum and act that way, because it's be a perfect chain of outing themselves and one another.
- Dick has felt very passive so far. Everything is either setup speculation, hard fact, or newbie question (like 'why not turbo?'), except the CPig vote, which might be the most :bandwagon: vote I've ever agreed with. But still, they are new, so that could explain a lot of things. I would very much like to hear some more opinions about who else they think is scum and why. Don't worry about being right or wrong, just be honest.
- Krunge has been totally silent since page 15, yesterday, and didn't exactly give a wealth of information before that. I'm really feeling the Capps gambit here.
- Lord of Hats answered the question I posed, but hasn't been actively involved in a lynch since Krell. I know you fell behind because of personal issues, Hats, so, going only on the events that happened today, who do you trust or distrust, and why?

TL;DR:
My vote is metaphorically on Cpig, but is currently on no one because I am very worried about a turbohammer, either from scum or someone getting overzealous (or the former pretending to be the ladder). I am also very very suspicious of miro and will very likely continue to push for their dunk tomorrow. Still, bigger fish to fry right now.

And I want to hear opinions from Hats and Dick.

The CPig case seems pretty slam-dunk to me.

As far as I'm seeing things, we're either lynching CPig or we're lynching you for lying about your tracker results. If we happen to be in LYLO (I don't *think* we are--5 scum is a *lot*), well, that's too bad. If we *aren't*, then lynching CPig and using the result as part of our outlook on you seems like the right play.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't feel like Pmush is coming from a scummy place and it's more likely there's a bus driver.

So I'm gonna just go with ##vote bk

So are you suggesting there was two scum-aligned bus drivers, or are you saying that there's a town bus driver who hasn't spoken up?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Bk I'm not really understanding your case on pmush.

Are we in lylo? I'm bad at math

9 alive, one of whom is 3P. If it's three scum left (which seems like a reasonable number for the game), a mislynch puts us at the mercy of a 3P Survivor.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

##unvote one second taking off -1

This delay had better pan out into something :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I was literally typing up the hammer on CPig when I saw the unvote to take him out of hamme range :(

• Locked thread