Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Sign me up por favor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Sup jive turkeys

Everyone who is sarcastically feigning ignorance is making me feel bad about actually being ignorant. How many outrageous new roles have you guys invented since I last played?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Is your power aggressively pointing at your crotch?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well thanks to Ecco I'm going to check every post for hidden messages, and start adding my own breadI'm vigcrumbs.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

poo poo bbcode is hard guys

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

drat, so much for joke phase. I really don't like Ecco's dumb gambit, but it is also totally in character? From what I remember, Ecco does poo poo like this, town or scum, all the time.

I'm keeping my vote on Krell because it wasn't so much a joke vote as a policy vote, but I'll be keeping my eyes open, too. Gonna take some time to get back into the swing of this.

I don't really feel like going through previous games to see why people hate Krell, but so far, this is the worst post of day 1.

1. While still clearly in the joke phase: "drat, so much for the joke phase". This suggests that his post is now serious.

2. Calls Ecco's post a "gambit", when it was obviously not a serious post even before the BBCode reveal (which was like...15 minutes later).

3. Asks if this is normal for Ecco, then goes ahead and assumes it's normal for Ecco.

4. Despite suggesting that he doesn't trust Ecco, goes ahead and trusts him, keeping his vote on Krell.

##vote Poison Mushroom

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Krell is now two votes away from being lynched. Why?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Aggro posted:

Krell is now two votes away from being lynched. Why?

Actually with Absurd Revolver's vote, he's at 8.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Krunge posted:

Here's my best interpretation of the game of Mafia from my experience so far:

Mafia is a game that revolves around names, labels, titles, whatever you want to call them. Players make posts in an attempt to put labels on people. Other players agree or disagree with labeling and can respond in various ways, with the most important responses being voting for the labeled or labeler. Counter labels or label extensions may also be attempted. The winning player is the one who successfully propagates their labels the furthest.

Please label me correct.

Is this your role?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

If there is someone a majority of the town doesnt like and isn't going to work well with, then either they are scum or the scum will intentionally keep them around. It's the same concept as a lurker lynch, if the town doesn't vote lurkers out early then they were going to lose anyways.

Days are short this game anyways. This is not an insta-turbo, Hats. Getting rid of Krell is good for town regardless of his alignment. I just wanted people to say why we were lynching him on a policy vote instead of lying and joking about it.

You're the first person to articulate a reason for your vote other than "lol Krell", which is appreciated.

That's a hell of a reputation to have though, if lynching him really is addition by subtraction.

I honestly don't know his history well enough to cast the deciding vote.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Talking point to get us started: Can we depend on anyone's reactions to the Krell dunk? Krell creates enough OOC drama that I don't think we've accomplished much but ridding ourselves of a bad player. I'll be the first to admit, my vote was entirely meta.

Two kills, too. Anybody wanna claim a vig so that I, a scummy scumbag, can kill you?

##vote Poison Mushroom

Two days, two terrible posts.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

And correct me if I'm wrong, but keeping a third party (like a Survivor) around ultimately benefits the scum, no? If it comes down to a finale of say, three town, two scum, and a third party, the easiest thing for the Survivor to do is support the scum in a townie lynch (or create a deadlock). We can't vote to kill him at that point, as the scum would reach a majority that night.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

i was the one who killed max

my bad i'm apparently a vig

Ugh I was about to call you out for not making any sense until I re-read Ecco's death. So the scum inadvertently killed a scum-aligned role, and you Vig'ed a townie?

(Calling the Townies "Vigilantes" is real fuckin' annoying).

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Aggro posted:

How many outrageous new roles have you guys invented since I last played?
Apparently an alternating night miller/day miller, an inventor, and a Traitor unknown to the scum.

FYI I will now believe literally any role that someone claims.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Nevermind apparently the latter two are fairly normal.

That aside, still keeping my vote on Poison Mushroom.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Atomic Soda posted:

this is new

also aggro what do you think about this post yesterday by ecco re: pmush?

It's not strong enough to push me either way. Ecco knew who the scum were and was more than happy to advocate for Krell's policy lynch. It's not surprising to have him brush off any other suspicions, but I think he would've made the same comment regardless of PMush's alignment. I also wouldn't have been surprised if his "day 2 kind of review" never happened, especially in light of the multiple role claims to start the day.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

God gently caress you Retro Futurist for using your lie detector on questions that were not binary.

Like, we don't know anything concrete about Absurd Revolver now. Which part is a lie???

Absurd Revolver posted:

btw Kashuno told me I was a brutal cop but it turns out I'm just a vig

Is he not "just a vig"? Was he not told he was a "brutal cop"? Would it count as a lie if Kashuno did not verbatim say "you are a brutal cop"?

I'm inclined to believe Absurd Revolver, but I admittedly don't have a clear cut reason for saying so.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Hey Krunge your schtick is wearing thin

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I think this vote was stupid and will lead to lynching another townie. Going back to my tailgate.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

So, AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, DickBastardly, and The Lord of Hats all posted loving nothing substantial on day #2. Pretty tough to find scum when a third of the surviving players in the game are barely posting.

AnonymousNarcotic's one serious post from day #1 was a low-key claim, stating that he was roleblocked. I don't think there's much to be gained from that, as it seems like just about everyone has some sort of role.

CCKeane, did you try to kill anyone last night? I honestly can't tell if you're being serious about being a vigilante.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I also think I might understand how the events of night #1 shook out. AR says that he killed Max with his investigation, and there’s nothing in AR’s flip to suggest that he was insane or that he could kill Townies. The only thing that I can think of is that Ecco’s dying action was to bus drive himself and Max, but why in the gently caress would anyone bus-drive himself?

Although, that would make sense. There’s a [REDACTED] portion of Ecco’s flip, which I would have to imagine is, “If the scum try to kill you, they instead recruit you.” At least that’s how I’ve seen traitors work previously. So AR tries to investigate Max, but instead investigates Ecco and kills him. Meanwhile, the scum end up killing Max. And this comedy of errors results in nothing but good things for the scum.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I also don't think we should lynch BottleKnight today. With 11 players left, I would guess that 3 are scum. This would make the initial set up 3 scum, 1 traitor, and 1 third party, which seems reasonably fair. If we lynch BK, we have a 0% chance of finding scum.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

mirotrem posted:

0% chance means he is confirmed 3p aligned...which he isnt.

True. It would be a ballsy and brilliant gambit and no offense to BK, but I find it easier to trust him than to label him at evil genius.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

ikr?

Let's just start posing Anarc and dick and hats ffs.

I don't know what "ikr" means.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Aggro posted:

I don't know what "ikr" means.

Nevermind.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't know this game... Does that mean there's a Houston 1 and 2?

According to Wikipedia, the first two models were failures. So I'm going to go with "no".

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I don't like this post.

Didn't you spend literally all of day #2 explaining why lynching you is a poor use of our time?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

oh my , I am sorry that you did not know a very popular internet abbreviation that gets said all the time on these forums.

Also what else is there to say? bk says he is a 3p and I shall not suffer a 3p to live.

He is a detriment to town whether he is a survivor or lying and is an sk

An SK who didn't kill yesterday? And probably didn't kill night #1 since the extra death was attributed to our Brutal Cop?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

You are ignoring the first part of what I said, BK is probably a survivor, but survivor is an anti town role that gives scum an edge.

He is, at the very least, not a "normal survivor", per Retro Futurist's lie detector. I'm inclined to believe that he's a 1x lynchproof Survivor, as he has claimed.

So we lynch him -- twice, while two Townies are killed overnight (barring interventions).

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

No the whole not lynching me thing is good, the setup spec seems very specific and like you're a bit too sure.
Just speculation and wishful thinking. A good game setup is usually ~25% scum. We already had the traitor flip. If there are four scum left, we're pretty hosed, so I'm assuming that there are three at most.

My notes also have plausible groups of scum instead of just individuals. It makes it a little easier to make connections that way.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

This isn't me being rusty, this is just me being an idiot, and now I'm getting upset about it, probably because of the new hormones.

I'm going to go take a breather, hopefully come back later tonight or tomorrow with a fresh perspective. Or I'll come back to being dead and then you can yell at whoever rushed five votes two days before deadline.

I was also in the process of building a case against PMush, but this post stopped me in my tracks. It's kinda meta, but that first sentence is just something so oddly personal that I have trouble picturing a scum player saying it. Anyone else have input?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

If anyone is a huge loser, and wants to take the time. We can try and figure out who actually played games with Krell and who didn't. That way we can narrow down who actually had a reason to vote him, and who was just voting him to propagate a band wagon.

Well, Ecco, Max, and AR are dead. So that leaves from first vote to last vote:

Poison Mushroom
BottleKnight
Jimson
mirotrem
DickBastardly
Lord of Hats (hammer)

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Krunge posted:

:same:

##vote aggro

Would dig any reasoning for this. I've been trying as much as possible to articulate my thoughts and provide explanations for why I'm voting or not voting.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

DickBastardly posted:

You know, considering Aggro criticized my posting or "lack thereof" on day 2, and having not mentioned anything regarding your posting activities seems strange to me. Why start a bandwagon on him? Seems he's got a soft spot for you.

Eh, your posts on day #2 were all just really wishy-washy before deciding to vote for AR. Who was, you know, Town.

CCKeane didn't post anything more substantial, but my notes had "Claimed Vig???" instead of "no good posts", and that's how he didn't get included. It's hard as gently caress to get a read on someone that doesn't post anything more than a sentence at at a time.

Going back to that, CCKeane, were you being serious with your claim?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Hey I'm a vig so ##vote AR

CCKeane posted:

I breadcrumbed this very cleverly at the beginning of the game.

CCKeane posted:

Krunge I have a GUN who should I SHOOT

It's not role fishing if someone proclaims their role, uses it as a reason to vote against a Townie, and then repeats the claim.

Having a Vigilante dramatically increases our chances of winning, since we can potentially kill two scum in one day/knight.

And if you're not, then why vote against AR?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Krunge posted:

That's part of it. Your posts have the je ne sais quoi of effortful scum. At the same time you've managed to throw a lot of shade without a lot drive, like you're setting up for multiple possible votes. Finally, there's this which I think CCKeane just articulated very well:
Yea, I kind of have been hypocritical re: throwing shade :/

I try not to vote until I have a reasonably strong conviction, but I try to make my thoughts public so that when I do vote, the reasoning is clear.

CCKeane posted:

Hello it's PMush thank you God bless.

##vote PMush

As opposed to votes like this, which drive me loving crazy.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

mirotrem posted:

The tracker just claimed to be roleblocked night 2...........who was roleblocked night 1?

Presumably Anarc.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Functionally, are cults any different than masons?

I honestly don't care how many third parties win as long as the scum don't.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Based on how the last two days have gone, I might as well assume that this bandwagon is going to keep on rolling. I'm playing the only way that I know how to -- posting regularly, trying to be as transparent as possible. Apparently this doesn't work when only a couple of other people are trying.

I'm John Toque. Generic good guy. My first post was "sup jive turkeys" to reflect this. I am not actually a big rear end nigga on a scooter IRL.

I have not used my night power yet.

CCKeane is the only one who has voted for me and actually explained why.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well, there's not much time left, but there's very little I can add. ANarc might be right, and the scum could have fakeclaims. I honestly forgot that was a thing.

I do have a night action (I imagine with this set up, just about everyone does). It has a positive aspect and a negative aspect, which is why I have not used it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

With two people in a Masonry, a claimed 3P survivor, myself, and PMush who I feel pretty confidently is Town at this point, that leaves 6 people who could be scum. One of them is Lord of Hats, who hasn't posted in almost a week, so, nix that.

My best guess at this point is CPig.

CapitalistPig posted:

Well

##vote krell

He was incredibly quick to believe Ecco and throw a vote onto Krell day #1 (as in, within 2 minutes). He then unvoted hastily and finished the day without a vote.

Since then, he has done literally nothing but push for the lynch of BottleKnight, vehemently arguing that a third party is against the Town's interests. He has acknowledged that we would have to lynch him twice in order to remove him from the game, but he's kept his vote. This seems like the easiest way for a scum player to lay low and ensure that his vote is never against a Town player. Further, he hasn't given any input on any of today's developments.

##vote CapitalistPig

• Locked thread