Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

supernatural blonde posted:

I've been working my way through the unsettling article or story thread for months, I don't think I'll ever reach the end because of falling down the wiki holes. It's pretty great.

I have 6kish posts left of unsettling stories and it grows just about as fast as I can suck it down. Not the schadenfreude thread tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nathilus posted:

I like watching idiots own themselves ao I like the shaden thread. Also the mysterious stories thread. But both have a really bad tendency to break out into long, pissy arguments or complaint sessions.

the nice part about reading the backlog on pyf threads is you can read the good parts then just skip a couple pages when dorks inevitably start slapfighting each other over something

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

I've been working my way through the unsettling article or story thread for months, I don't think I'll ever reach the end because of falling down the wiki holes. It's pretty great.

That's probably the best thread on the forums.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm also glad Don Tacorleone completely ceased to exist. This more or less cements my forums superiority over him. :smuggo:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
I'm not at liberty to say where I was but I have total faith in the administration team of this website, and indeed, any individual in a position of authority regardless of how transparent or opaque they are

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

I'm also glad Don Tacorleone completely ceased to exist. This more or less cements my forums superiority over him. :smuggo:

WTF? I'm right here bitch! NuGBS off to a BAD start if you're still around!!!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I am a forum drifter and just did my normal thing but I hope GBS will be more fun to post in this time, I would like to post in a random chat forum that is fun and amusing.

This thread is such a great read, I've had it booked for forever. Good choice my friendo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

rabble rabble posted:

CSPAM mainly, same experience with BYOB

CSPAM had the same experience as BYOB? :monocle:

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

thathonkey posted:

after i decided i wasnt good at posting there i lurked FYAD for a while to get a feel for what all those people who cry "actually FYAD is funny" constantly in QCS are talking about.

it's not.

perhaps if your brain wasn't very broken... hmmm hmm.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

the nice part about reading the backlog on pyf threads is you can read the good parts then just skip a couple pages when dorks inevitably start slapfighting each other over something

:agreed:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

WTF? I'm right here bitch! NuGBS off to a BAD start if you're still around!!!

Pleasure to meet you, friend. Nice to see some new blood posting here.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

With GBS down I decided to stop all posting and get some surgery. But then I kept posting on percocets. Welp. Look what Lowtax turned me into.

Now am posting in GBS as requested nicely by the management.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i mostly hung out elsewhere on the internet

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Libelous Slander posted:

I went on the dark web and am now addicted to prescription painkillers.

Same.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Nathilus posted:

I like watching idiots own themselves ao I like the shaden thread. Also the mysterious stories thread. But both have a really bad tendency to break out into long, pissy arguments or complaint sessions.

I learned quickly to never read any thread in PYF that has games in the title, because those threads are nothing but long, pissy arguments.

I didn't hang out in GBS before the great event but decided to check it out because of it. Sorry in advance.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Palisader posted:

I learned quickly to never read any thread in PYF that has games in the title, because those threads are nothing but long, pissy arguments.

I didn't hang out in GBS before the great event but decided to check it out because of it. Sorry in advance.

its pretty good and basically the same as it was before

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

i am mad. mad that you didn't respond to my private message but instead posted it for people to ridicule :mad: that really takes the private out of private message

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

rear end posted:

perhaps if your brain wasn't very broken... hmmm hmm.

i thought it was but now that you mention it . .. i guess it could stand to be more broken

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Libelous Slander posted:

I went on the dark web and am now addicted to prescription painkillers.

Same

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Nathilus posted:

Lurking pyf is the right choice. It's self evident that a LOT of goddamned idiots post there (lol look at the "stop reporting stupid poo poo you idiots" thread, priceless) but there are some legit good threads to look at. Solution: look at but do not touch the poop.

This is entirely true. It's like an infinite Cracked article - never ending lists of vaguely interesting, occasionally accurate info.

I disagree with that other poster about avoiding the games threads though - they devolve into absurd slap fights more often than most threads do, but they often have a ton of info about new games if you're on the fence about picking something up.

Also PYFs mods are really good now that Brother Jonathan is gone.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I mostly hang out in A/T and the imp zone so I survived pretty easily. Glad to see how many people were able to adapt to BYOB and be funny in a positive way. Lurked FYAD and concluded that a: FYAD is hilarious and b: I'll be mocked mercilessly and probied if I ever try to make a post there.

I think this whole experience has been great for the forums. Maybe in addition to a rotating subforum, we could have a rotating unforum, where each week a random sub gets shutdown for three days to encourage its posters to exit the cave and explore the wider world of the forums

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Maybe it's just me then, because any time time I read PYF games threads I feel like my brains are melting about 5 pages in, so one day I said "that's enough" and never looked back.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

P-Mack posted:

Maybe in addition to a rotating subforum, we could have a rotating unforum, where each week a random sub gets shutdown for three days to encourage its posters to exit the cave and explore the wider world of the forums

that aint a half puny idea

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I kept on keeping on, and I went outside to try subs from subway. Jared did not make them so I'm a bit bummed out.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i read a PYF memes thread while GBS was gone and i felt like i was on reddit

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
oh you know I just posted in hidden gbs with the guys

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Wait, GBS was gone? I haven't been on here in a week

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
when all else failed i just started tweeting incessantly from my account that has 0 followers

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
So new GBS just seems like old GBS with more attentive moderation, I'm not really sure why they needed to shut it down to achieve that but I'm pleased with the result so okay.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah I don't see how it's really any different except that the really bad threads are getting swiftly gassed and I haven't seen the usual thread making GBS threads that was running rampant in old gbs

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Yeah I don't see how it's really any different except that the really bad threads are getting swiftly gassed and I haven't seen the usual thread making GBS threads that was running rampant in old gbs

So....what happened?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Dial-a-Dog posted:

It will take time to get the old momentum back, I reckon.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BLARGHLE posted:

So....what happened?

turns out not much

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

BLARGHLE posted:

So....what happened?

mods finally started putting the smallest amount of effort

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

TCC

now I'm addicted to meth

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
QCS wondering what happened to GBS.

BYOB after I found out whta happened to gbs. I even made a few posts in both!

Now thtat gbs is back I can lurk harder than aver before.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
didn't it coincide with a weird conspiracy theory coming out about alleged posts by a hillary aide that were allegedly deleted

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

dookifex_maximus posted:

didn't it coincide with a weird conspiracy theory coming out about alleged posts by a hillary aide that were allegedly deleted

No.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I was actually very careful when I used one of the subs. I only went out on moonless nights, even SEA PATROL's night-vision underwater scopes are hard to see by. I just had to pray they didn't have the TOP SECRET level ultra next-gen ECHOLOCATION TECHNOLOGY to deploy. I just thank god for SEA PATROL's budget cuts so that only a few patrol cutters per few hundred can be equipped with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

I got a Job. I start on Monday. Going to have to quit now that GBS is back, though.

• Locked thread