Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://youtu.be/b0rA4oMjYtg

http://eliogenuine.eliomotors.com/

It goes a hundred loving miles an hour. I don't see how this could possibly end badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
What's the problem? Truck-boat-truck death machines people lift 5 feet up go 100 mph too.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
It is missing a wheel.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao imagine what a death trap it will be areas like the US NE during the winter time.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

etalian posted:

lmao imagine what a death trap it will be areas like the US NE during the winter time.

It's a deathtrap anywhere but San Francisco.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

7k for a new car is dope as hell

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Apollodorus posted:

It is missing a wheel.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

read up on the company and it's pretty lol such as how they keep on pushing back their ship date.

Their financial disclosure also admits they don't have enough excess cash to go into production.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

It is missing a wheel.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

or buy a really nice used car with 7k

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hell yeah!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

rear end posted:

or buy a really nice used car with 7k

Like a Honda Civic.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
You clearly haven't watched enough Top Gear OP. Two front wheels one back wheel = fine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

What is this and where can I buy it?

http://youtu.be/QQh56geU0X8

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
does the manufacturer have any idea how fat americans are

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Having the single wheel at the back would probably make it a bit more stable

iirc from topgear, the Reliant was somewhat successful because you only needed a motorbike licence to drive one

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Driving the Robin in Asetto Corsa is loving hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atrll2yr8Ds

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

Driving the Robin in Asetto Corsa is loving hilarious

Robins taking flight.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Three-Phase posted:

What is this and where can I buy it?

http://youtu.be/QQh56geU0X8

Its a Reliant Robin with training wheels in a video game about cars

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

"1955 was the year that defines MY future"

EDIT: reading up on it I want to emphasize that THIS is what saved BMW's rear end in faltering times, so maybe that guy is on to something. Now the only thing that needs to happen is for America to become like post-war Germany. Trump 2016

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 28, 2016

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

EDIT: reading up on it I want to emphasize that THIS is what saved BMW's rear end in faltering times, so maybe that guy is on to something. Now the only thing that needs to happen is for America to become like post-war Germany. Trump 2016

Have you seen Michigan, my dude?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Messerschmitt already made this car 50 years ago

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

That's pretty cool actually. Is it a hybrid?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

That's pretty cool actually. Is it a hybrid?

https://www.eliomotors.com/features/#details

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

Those things normally had 4 wheels like the one Urkel had. The extra-goofy three wheeled versions were for the UK because they had some dumb law which said that people could drive them with a motorcycle license.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Well the reliant had the single wheel upfront making it hella unstable. This configuration is very stable as old lame white dudes on those embarrassing reverse trikes can attest.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

There seems to be no way to actually buy it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this thing looks fun as gently caress and is also intended for people to Quirk on down to the coffee shop somewhere in the bay area, its not meant for jodie the waitress in columbus oh to slog to waffle house in through 13" of blizzard

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

There seems to be no way to actually buy it

It's all preorders, I guess.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
the no man's sky of cars

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Steve erkels whip. :staredog:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
I'm always confused when companies proudly state that their product is "American made". Why would they want to advertise the fact that it'll be badly made and overpriced for what you're getting?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

LordArgh posted:

I'm always confused when companies proudly state that their product is "American made". Why would they want to advertise the fact that it'll be badly made and overpriced for what you're getting?

There is a certain sense of prestige and pride in American made products that you can't get elsewhere.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

LordArgh posted:

Because badly made in America is still better than well made in China

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Seems like a car-hat for a truck-boat-truck.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

There's a couple people in my area that drive the three-wheeled Polaris thingy. Single wheel at the back is apparently much more stable.

Be brave, car companies - put that wheel at the front.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

It won't be 7k though. And just a few k more and you are into Toyota Aygo territory. Which is not a great car but hey at least it has 4 wheels and seats 4 small to moderate sized people.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I actually drove one of those once. It's basically a motorized wheelchair with a shell that they're trying to sell as a segway competitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Mainstream car manufacturers have been making cars with better mpg figures than this for years; cars that have the advantage of not looking like novelty wheelbarrows. Also, that outrigger front wheel arrangement looks dangerous as hell. I'd expect hundreds of scrapes and accidents from drivers misjudging how much clearance they need to leave to overtake. It'll be pure death to cyclists.

• Locked thread