Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i say all this as a person with an active tumblr who unironically said 'heteronormative' this morning.

Gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I don't know if the situations were reversed and this dude was amassing a collection of ever more vice-like sex toys his wife would have the right to be pissed.

IMO if his wife is constantly being fed subversive propaganda from her sexual butterfly yoga instructor he's gonna have bigger problems pretty soon.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

lol "get over" her jealousy what the gently caress

Who is telling these children that their completely normal reactions to hosed up situations make them bad people?

I'm not sure convincing your boyfriend to be intimate with another woman and then becoming furiously jealous when that goes exactly according to plan is normal. I'm just confused as to how she thought she would be ok with her boyfriend sleeping around in the first place. Was it to justify doing the same to him later?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I would be totally down to have sex with just one person my entire life if it was in a stable and healthy relationship. That would be pretty rad in fact.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I [26 F] HATE "cute" nicknames. My [32 M] boyfriend keeps calling me "cute" names.

quote:

I have always and only ever called Jamie "Jamie" and nothing else.
He, on the other hand, will call me names like "honey", "sugar" and "baby" and BLEH. I have to make a genuine effort not to cringe when he says these things.
Would it be too rude to straight up tell him, "don't call me, baby" or whatever-name-of-the-day-he-chooses?
tl;dr: need to make boyfriend stop calling me cute names. i don't like it. it's awkward and weird and oh so cheesy.

As a fully grown adult human, I too would rather ask total strangers for advice rather than taking 30-40 seconds of my day to communicate a thing.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Should send her nudes to level the playing field tbh

edit for content

I [21 F] found my boyfriend's [27 M] ex "fwb" jacket in his house.

quote:

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. I have many insecurities and a low self esteem. I've been dealing with these issues for many years and whenever I'm in a relationship, my anxiety/depression increases like crazy.
My boyfriend has always been so supportive. He is patient and extremely loving/reassuring. He has never cheated on me and never betrayed my trust. For this I feel bad because he is always dealing with my jealousy, insecurity, and accusations.

The issue: Today I went into a closet to look for a shirt to borrow from him. In this closet I found a woman's jacket hanging. Now I know some might jump to conclusions, but I could tell that it's been there for awhile. We live together and there's no way it's recent. We live with his family and they're the type to put stuff away like that. So I'm sure it's been there for a few years and no one has really noticed it.
However, stumbling across this jacket triggered SO MANY emotions. I've been trying so hard to forget his past, and seeing a jacket from his ex made all the emotions come flooding back.

I showed it to him and he said he couldn't remember that jacket, but that I was right it may have been an exes. He said I could just toss it in the trash if it bothered me. I was so flooded with anger I got scissors and started viciously cutting it up and letting all my anger out.
He told me that it's all in the past and not to over think and dwell on it.
What do you guys think?

I'm trying to forget about it but it's hard. I hate his ex. I've never seen her but the details I know about her upset me. They were fwb for 3 years and she was married in an LDR the entire time. They were together when he was around 18/19-21/22. It's been several years since he's been with her but I can't help but compare myself to this invisible being when I've never even SEEN her. Partially because of little comments he's made throughout the relationship that I don't think he realized hurt me so much, etc.
Please help me. I want nothing more than to feel happy.

TLDR: Found boyfriend's ex's old jacket and it triggered all the pain I've been dealing with for the past two years.

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Oct 31, 2016

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
In this case, Danny Devito apparently.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly there's no reason why he shouldn't just tell the truth. It seems like this dude is extremely conflict avoidant. There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking your partner to stay in shape. The second point could be a dealbreaker for a relationship, since it's not something that can easily be changed, but it's still not any sort of taboo to talk about. This dude is even in counseling for his relationship and still can't bring himself to tell anyone about what's bothering him. That's on him to be honest.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I disagree, if you're with someone and previously working on building a life together you owe that person an honest answer. I mean no one can stop you from randomly cutting off all contact with your person and moving to romania to pursue your pro LARPing hobby, but that's a lovely way to treat someone you cared about.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I wish I loved anything In this world as much as that kid loves Goku.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

HardDiskD posted:

MMA Brother could have gotten himself killed if it was an actual robber or intruder.

Then they could go out to dinner to celebrate his honorable death.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

Mr Saint Lawyer here is deliberately hiding money. Maybe she's a grasping bitch, and maybe she's in a crummy neighborhood where her stuff gets stolen and she feels unsafe. Either way, it wouldn't kill him to move to a place where you don't need a machine gun to clear a path to the kitchen.

Except they're doing totally ok financially, so this seems like you're projecting a little bit. It doesn't sound like they live in the ghetto either, in her post she's all but explicitly jealous she doesn't get to live in the ritzy part of town like her boyfriend's coworkers, and resents his giving to charity because of that.

It's true their car got broken into but that can happen pretty much anywhere, especially of you leave expensive stuff where anyone can see it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Have sex all the time gets boring. Like come on give me a breather so I can think, maybe come up with some new sex moves.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Man that's tough. I get where the rational response is "if she's saying its okay let it go, don't make her getting assaulted about you."

But to freeze up in those circumstances with all the expectations of masculine aggression he should have had has just got to be pride obliterating. No wonder he's chewing up his own guts.

Yeah, that would gently caress me up too. It's one of those situations where you know what you want to do, but for most people they're pretty unprecedented and you don't know how you'll actually react when it happens.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Lavender posted:

"We stole from our neighbors who have been nothing but kind to us. I didn't come clean, but they found my moronic husband on their security cam. How do I make them stop giving us the 'cold shoulder'?"

Holy poo poo, perhaps if more adults were publicly shamed for doing things like this they wouldn't act like spoiled children. Reddit keeps coming up with these examples of adults doing poo poo you'd be aghast to find a child doing, without having the slightest measure of self awareness. I don't know why but it's this story that makes me think it couldn't possibly be real. Someone's gotta be doing some homework for lit class today.

I love the excuses most of all. Oh yeah it was raining and we had colds so uh yeah let's just go invade our new neighbors property and take their poo poo like it's a family outing. Maybe we can get some ice cream from their fridge afterwards if they left the door unlocked.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
They actually have services for hiring people to act as your friend for selfies and stuff, so he should do that once and have his imagibuddy tell his realiofriend that he's moving immediately to Budapest to pursue his new life as a lion tamer.

I mean seriously, she's gonna at least want to see his Facebook page so might as well go all out.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I don't know I kinda empathize. It's not even just that in this hypothetical, your boyfriend loves girls with big tits, his ex had huge tits, and even after they broke up he was hitting her up for some strange on the reg. That's gonna sting.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not even sure how someone not looking like a fetus gets brought up in a conversation anyway.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Where did he find young desperate females? Asking for a friend.

His high school.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
So, uh... where can you find these rather sexual roller derby girls? I'm asking for a friend.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

"It was too big and it hurt."

"It was big but he was a three stroke joke."

"Big as in long, yeah, but it was narrow as gently caress."

There are hundreds of lies you can tell to avoid feeding your partner's insecurities. In an ideal world, they wouldn't be insecure about anything and you could just say "Yes I liked his thick, hard, pulsing horse cock" but that's not how it works.

Haha I don't know man in all my relationships my ex's genitals have somehow never come up in the conversation.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
gently caress can openers though.

edit: holy crap how she graduate from a 4 year university if she doesn't even know how to use google to figure something out. I feel bad for the students she had to work with.

Tom Gorman posted:

This one is heartbreaking and confusing because I'm in the exact situation and I also don't know what to do.

The best lesson is that the most attractive thing in another person is being able to depend on them.

How did you end up dating someone who has less intuition and problem solving skills than my 6 year old nephew? I'm being serious

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 13, 2016

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

she's lazy and clearly figured out that she can just get the people around her to do poo poo for her.

Here it is. They take the path of least resistance even if that leaves them as a non-functioning man/woman/baby. I'd wager their parents were more or less of the helicopter variety growing up.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

InediblePenguin posted:

yeah and it is also a thing that has an actual meaning that isn't "learned to be helpless at everything like a loser" if you read your own link, nobody in this loving thread uses the term correctly (hint: the first paragraph of your link explains that it's about unlearning self-defense mechanisms and no longer even trying to escape from bad situations as a result of abuse that was experienced as so inescapable that the effort would be wasted, nothing to do with not learning to do useful daily life poo poo because other people do it for you)

Why you have to be mad?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
imo everyone is broken and you should just not date anyone. At least that's the feeling I get from reading these threads.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not sure I really understand daddy issues in the first place.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah I'm not sure about these appeals to freudian psychology. It makes sense that a girl with no father role in her life would want to seek someone like that out, but the sexual aspect of it is somewhat confusing to me as a guy.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Older men also know on average more jiu jitsu moves, which is the most likely explanation.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That decrepit skin fetish :whitewater:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah sometimes you just have to have a good old confrontation with implied threats / mutilated vegetables. Don't be surprised when your husband isn't cringing at the thought of attention from the opposite sex, you just gotta lock down your territory sometimes.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Dave Stieb posted:

Lol what the gently caress

I love the trifecta of deal breakers

1. Dating someone who's slept with your sibling. That's gross a.f.

2. Dating someone who cheated on you. Get the gently caress out

3. Dating someone who lied to you about dealbreaker #2 for multiple years. Just laugh at yourself and the ruin of the relationship you were trying to build a future around.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I wonder what kind of person proudly fantasizes about getting hosed by video game aliens. How do you date someone like that? Surely there must have been red flags. For example, owning more than two cats.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
:allbuttons:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

It turns out Adolf Hitler never got around to marrying or impregnating Eva Braun because he was too worn out from all the historical sex tourists sapping his precious bodily fluids. Thus was our timeline spared Adolf Hitler II: The Revenge.

Mussolini 2: Baby Mussi! is set to wreak some havoc though

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Andrast posted:

Why are all these people dating someone who they apparently don't trust at all?

sex

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That reminds me of the post where someone's mom basically disowned him for getting a tattoo. You're not the same person anymore!! Yea ok

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What are the odds on that baby not being his, considering he leaves for weeks and even then has "no time to even respond to texts or emails."

I'd say probably 3:1

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

i make $115K a year, obviously I should be decked out like Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

Remind me not to accept any salads from you then

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

I think we already established in this thread if you make over 40k a year you are bougie scum and will be first against the wall when the revolution comes

I'd like to have you first against the wall, hot stuff

:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
if you can't get behind those thick rear end thighs and booty please step aside son