Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WampaLord posted:

As a Floridian, I just get to sit back and chuckle at all this effort towards snow removal.

We chuckle as we fan ourselves off in the middle of December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Take the dogs and dump her.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's like the age and gender boxes are censoring parts of the sentence that would ordinarily give context.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Good advice. At the last company Holiday Party I attended I felt it was a great time to ask, rather loudly, why my co-worker had my (soon to be) ex-wife as a friend on Fetlife, and if she enjoyed his sex dungeon.

On a similar note, I went to a closing party for a theatre thing. One drink led to another and we ended up deciding it was a great idea to visit a BDSM dungeon. It ended up mostly being all of us, still fully dressed, standing around watching things happen and cracking jokes about it.

Dungeons are surprisingly casual. It's like going to the gym, just with different purposes for the equipment.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gluten Freeman posted:

i love this one because all the comments are saying "your family is right and you should have a long engagement because you are very young and things change"

I dunno, they've been together for 4 years without a breakup apparently. Young or not, that's more commitment than you see a lot of adults putting into their relationship before marriage.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Agentdark posted:

I would imagine that the relationship is much more hosed up and one sided then they admit to. I meet alot of Poly people who desperately try to defend their dysfunctional relationships with the weirdest and worst logic.

I was talking about the [20F] and [22M] couple that's getting engaged after 4 years and being told to delay their wedding for another 2 or 3 years just in case they don't work out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Do people in the UK drink Irish Car Bombs under a different name, or is that ingredient combination verboten?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

on what planet is garlic bread a bbq food.

Sonny's serves it up with their barbecue. Chain restaurant, I know, but it has some meaning.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Does my [32 M] girlfriend[32 /F] owe me sex

:fuckoff:

The answer has literally never been yes, you creep.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

loquacius posted:

I do not understand why the mother of the kids who pushed a younger kid into an open grave for over an hour is mad at the mom of the victim.

I can't believe this is a sentence that someone wrote in seriousness.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My fiancee and I do the same thing at times. Usually we sleep through it. Same justification: too lazy to get out of bed, not willing to interrupt their sleep just for sex.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WampaLord posted:

What kind of gag reflex prevents cunnilingus and kissing?

I have the same thing, actually. It's triggered by sticking my tongue out for too long. Doesn't prevent kissing, though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WampaLord posted:

That's weird, was it a genetic thing or something?

I haven't exactly looked at my family's history of gag reflexes, so I couldn't tell you. It's not something that ever comes up in my daily life because it takes like 10 seconds to trigger, and you're usually not sticking your tongue out of your mouth that long unless you're at the doctor's office or buried between a girl's thighs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WampaLord posted:

The Rifftrax commentary tracks for all the Twilight movies are amazing.

Everyone deserves to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__pIQXKrDmY

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

Do it dude, live the dream and then :sever: and take half her poo poo!

She'd probably fight like hell for it. If she's got 4 million pounds in savings but is still living in a crappy apartment without heat to avoid spending too much on living expenses, she's a crazy cheapskate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

Or it's still in a restricted trust.

I would think that, but he mentioned she "takes money out of savings" to pay the rent and supposedly owns multiple houses, all while being content to let her boyfriend work 50 hours a week and just dabble in part time stuff. If he's telling the truth, she seems like she's more concerned with having money than actually living with money.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Me [32/F] have been chatting with a Redditor [31/M] for 40 days and only yesterday just discovered he's been lying about his identity.

not a really ridiculous story, I just find it absolutely crazy that someone would go to a personals subreddit to look for a spouse

Or think that Reddit was any better than OKCupid at avoiding creeps.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Girlfriend [19F] of 9 months cancelled our anniversary trip because I[20M] bought a different cell phone than discussed.

:shepspends:

:sever::sever::sever::sever::sever:
:sever:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

well why not posted:

we need a bigger SEVER for the holiday period

I tried but I actually hit the GIF limit on that post.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I feel awful for the woman, but just as bad (if not worse) for the kid. She's too young to understand any of the implications and apparently had a nice time with him. He even bought her a teddy bear. There's really no way to explain to her "Not only is he not your dad, he's crazy and kidnapped you and is being nice to make me feel bad."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

poopnanners posted:

Employable adults are incapable of consuming alcohol responsibly.

These stories indicate that yes, this is true.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not a Children posted:

I keep asking my older coworkers what it was that made our company switch from nighttime christmas parties with booze to dry luncheons

Nobody has given me a straight answer yet but I assume it's gotta be a hell of a story

All of our company Christmas parties have taken place in organized settings, like restaurants. One time it was one of these dinner cruises on the river. You could get all the alcohol you wanted, but it was on your own dime so nobody really ended up drunk.

We make up for it by holding birthday celebrations where everyone gets to temporarily pause the work day to eat cake and ice cream and chat shortly after lunch. We have enough people now that it happens practically monthly, sometimes more than once a month.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

On the other hand, cast parties tend to go in absolutely ridiculous directions even if there's no liquor. 5 glasses of wine and you get some pretty out there suggestions for where everyone should go after the party...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HardDiskD posted:

Google is giving me 1.5m for 5'10'' and that's not tall at all? :confused:

It's pretty average, but insecure guys are used to girls being around their height at best and typically shorter.

As a 6'2 guy, I actually end up caught off guard by women who are around my height because I don't notice their height at first. I think my brain inherently sees people at my eye level as "normal" and it's only later that I realize that they're towering over all the other girls.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

he was referring to the height of women.

Nope!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What are these numbers in Real American?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

here's a content posted on a non-fake account with lots of activity

Me [F17] with [M25] I met online a few days ago, should I enter a side chick type relationship with this man?

Only at this:
did she for some reason realize it's a bad idea

She should probably also ask herself why a grown man who's old enough to be out of college is trying to gently caress a high schooler, and what this says about his own maturity.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

She saw the big :redflag: and jumped, drat

The most baffling part is that he dumped her. She even told him she'd be willing to marry him even if she didn't want the ring, and he flipped out and broke up with her. Now he's upset that he can't bother her or beg for forgiveness because she cut off contact with him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fiancee gay, so what

quote:

My (M29) fiancee (F22) and I just broke up because she cheated on me and may be gay she thinks. We have a son and house and I could use any emotional help. Worst day of my life.

My fiancé told me Christmas day that she isn't happy with our relationship anymore. She told me she has feelings for a woman and thinks she might be gay. Our entire relationship is now over and we have to start the process of selling our home and figuring out custody of our 1 year old son.
She says it's all her fault this happened but that dosnt change how I fell and that I no longer can trust anybody. I'm just looking for any thoughts or support emotionally from you all as this is the worst moment of my entire life.
:( tldr fiancee might be gay and our relationship and family is now destroyed

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trawling the latest posts:

quote:

I [F/19] read text about how my boyfriend [M/21] wanted to have a New Years Party with "hoes" and I don't know how to feel about this

So I went through my boyfriends (of 1 and a half years) phone out of curiosity, which I know I shouldn't have done but I did anyways. I will be honest, I am insecure and I felt as if he was hiding something from me when he decided he was going to the mall with his friend (early in the day) and then was staying in the city for one of his old hs female friends party. But he ended up not going to the party but stayed the whole entire day in the city.. I was kind of suspicious because it didnt make sense to me. So I went through his phone. ( he was telling the truth)
I saw him telling his 2 friends in a group chat how he wants to throw a New Year party with the "hoes" (as in girls, but I guess you can't say that around your guys smh ) , atleast 10 of them. His friend responded, I don't have any, Jake doesn't have any and you don't either. (lol). Jake said he does he just doesn't gently caress them but he could. My boyfriend responds with we've all had that opportunity. They start talking about 2 of their HS friends they know that gets of girls I would assume, (he owns a clothing business and has a lot of money) and my boyfriend tells them don't worry their time will come. (Assuming once they have stable jobs/ graduate college they will be able to get girls as well). My boyfriend is also telling how he has 4 of them he's met just this month and he doesn't even really go out like that, but how he doesn't really try. He also says something to Jake around the lines if he met a attractive female would he gently caress her raw, and Jake says no, with a condom, and he said that it would be no point.
They are all in relationships, and the fact that my boyfriend could even think having unprotected sex with someone else while in a relationship is beyond disgusting to me, it also has me worried that someone could be so careless about their (and mines) health. Like who knows what he's doing? The fact that I know hes a broke college students who hates his job and I know he's struggling to make things meet and his grocery store job makes him feel horrible, but he's going to have a really good job in the future. we barely go on dates, for the most part its always dutch and I understand that he's not at a point to be able to do nice things for me because he cant afford it, but I would have assumed if we were together once he had a stable job he would want to treat me like how women would like to be treated, not worried about when his "time will come" and he'll have money for girls to like him. (i assume)
thats so freaking backwards to me and I never knew my boyfriend even thought like that. I'm really assuming that maybe this way "guy talk" but the fact that he was the one who initiated it makes me less to think that. I feel like I love him but I do envision us in the future with and him having a stable job and kids and really just living life. Like he's even brought up a couple of times how he could see us being married in the future and all.. But now after seeing his comment I feel very turned off and on edge from him.
I had no business looking in his phone and I did and I don't know how to go about what I saw, is there anyway I could bring this up and have a conversation with him about this without telling him I went through his phone. Am I looking into hard into this and maybe it was just something minor, or does my boyfriend really just sound like an rear end in a top hat.. Idk I can't even really talk to him today after I saw what I saw he know's I'm upset with him too..
TL;DR - My boyfriend was talking about throwing a party and wanted females there. He talked about how once his time will come.. makes me not understand if we should be together.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Okay I know I just posted one but this story ended up going straight to alarm bell city.

quote:

My [27F] boyfriend's [30M] friend [32M] "accidentally" left a USB stick plugged into my laptop which contains hundreds of pictures and videos of me.

Hi, Reddit.
I've been with my boyfriend, Brady, for three years now, living together for one. He's amazing and makes me a better person. We connect in so many ways and I'm very excited to spend the rest of my life with him (we've been talking about marriage heavily lately). All is well in that department!

My issue is with my boyfriend's friend, Kyle. Kyle has always been friendly enough and we have always gotten along well. Kyle and Brady have been friends since high school and they have a very close bond. He pops by the house once a week to shoot some pool, have dinner or drinks and just hangout. I haven't had any issues with Kyle thus far, except for one incident when he said that "Brady must love to hit that" (referencing me) when we threw a house warming party. I pulled him aside and told him that language was unacceptable and objectifying and he apologized. Brady was made aware of the situation and also told Kyle not to talk to me like that and it would not be tolerated inside or outside of the house.

Today, Kyle came over in the morning to use my laptop to transfer some photos of a vacation a bunch of us went on earlier last month. Nothing was really out of the ordinary but I did notice Kyle kept sneaking glances at me and I deduced it to my bedhead. Shortly after we all had breakfast, Kyle and Brady left to go play hockey and I've been at home since.

I went to use my laptop to look through the photos and noticed Kyle left his USB plugged in. I went to go remove it when I noticed that there was a folder named after me on his USB stick. Curiosity got the best of me and I opened it. What I saw seemed to be straight from the movie "Love Actually" and I actually couldn't believe it at first. There were over 200 pictures and a handful of videos of just me, sometimes with others in the background. Me eating dinner, dancing at a bar, jumping off of a cliff, lying down on the couch, reading a book, laughing, on Brady's lap. There were videos of me doing various things too, like changing out of my beach cover-up during our trip last month, chewing on a pen. I was floored and felt really creeped out. Like, who does this? Did he want me to see these? I have a hard time thinking this was a mistake, he's pretty tech-savvy and if he didn't want me to see it, I highly doubt he would name the folder after me.

Now, normally I would have noticed if Kyle was just taking random pictures and videos of me because that's really strange behaviour, but Kyle is a famous YouTube Vlogger who vlogs daily and does pranks and whatnot. He does this full-time now and makes a comfortable living out of it. I'm used to him having his camera out to film and it doesn't bother me, but now that I'm thinking back, a lot of the time he wouldn't be speaking as if it were a voice-over, he'd just be filming and now I'm starting to wonder if he was just filming me at that time instead.

I don't have a good feeling about this. Although I gave him permission to sometimes vlog when he's around (specifically when we are out doing something fun) I did not give him permission to vlog me changing into a bikini, kissing Brady or other weird instances that wouldn't warrant filming. That, in conjunction to the hundreds of pictures that were taken over the last few years, makes me feel really uncomfortable.

Brady and Kyle are due back in a couple of hours. I know I need to talk to Brady about this, but I'm not sure if I should bring it up when Kyle is around? I have a nagging suspicion that he left the USB in on purpose. I just feel really gross right now.
Reddit, do you have any advice?

Thank you.

tl;dr: My boyfriend's best friend (a YouTube vlogger) left his USB plugged into my laptop. On it was a folder with my name on it that includes hundreds of pictures and videos of just me. I find it creepy and I'm not sure how to bring this up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How many people have a sibling 16 years apart from them? Family dynamics

My mom's oldest brother is 23 years older than her. After her parents had 7 sons fairly close to one another, they unexpectedly had a daughter shortly before menopause was set to kick in. My eldest uncle was 50 years old when I was born.

Also Mick Jagger recently had a son at the age of 73. He's old enough to have a great-grandchild.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm kind of competitive to a fault and one time we were playing risk with someone who instead of saying where he was attacking would tap his index finger hard on where he was intending and I swear I just about loving lost it on him

I don't really relate to this. I'm "competitive" in the sense that I'd like to win and I try to win instead of just bullshitting, but I don't care if I lose. I play board games with friends that I get along with, so there's really no tension to boil over in the first place.

I don't think it's "being competitive" that's the problem as much as it is putting your desire to win over decency

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

monkeytennis posted:

It really isnt difficult to be a decent gifter. Here's what I do. I snoop, and I listen.

I listened to my wife after wearing the lovely brown Pixie boots I bought her from Dune London when she said 'these boots are so comfortable and stylish and I love wearing them, if they ever brought them out in black I'd absolutely love a pair. This was in September.

I snooped through her perfumes and noticed. Huh, she's nearly out of Chanel Allure. Looks like her Chanel Chance Fraiche will only last until Xmas.

I make a note on my phone of all these things and anything else she mentions that she likes, whether while we are out shopping or watching TV, whatever.

Come November I only need half an hour on Amazon and a quick trip to town to grab everything. I know there's no risk that she won't like any of the gifts.

That guy is just a douchebag who doesn't deserve her.

It's really easy if you know your SO's interests. My fiancee is into magic, so I bought her some new books on the subject that she didn't have. On the list is stuff like the perfume one of her favorite classic film stars used, or some new running shoes to replace the ratty Walmart ones that are already falling apart after less than a year. As for my best friend, we have each other on Steam and gift each other games on our wish lists.

As long as you know what someone likes, it's pretty easy. Of course, that might involve paying attention to someone other than yourself. I know some people find that difficult.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gluten Freeman posted:

I feel really bad for this girl! Like, you can say "all guys watch porn" all you want but knowing for a fact your dad watches porn specifically with girls the same age as you would be awful.But honestly she should see a therapist about it if she still feels this way four years later, it's not going to just go away.

It's kind of horrifying. We found out that one of the people we had fired from my work was into serious daddy/daughter kinky stuff with a much older man (the kind where she bases her entire life around the fetish), which is obviously a little weird but not exactly shocking. THEN we found out that he gave up his own daughter for adoption when she was an infant, and when she turned 18 she came to seek him out and found that he was dating a girl a year younger than her.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

naptalan posted:

That's so utterly disgusting I couldn't finish reading. Here is a palate cleanser:

Me [20M] with my friends(?) and housemates [20M&F] of nearly two years keep calling me an egg?

Why would a girlfriend beg for months to put an egg in your rectum (sexually) and then when you finally agree she now always calls you a “yolk-assed bitch” in public and even in front of your parents?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Does she think wild animals just live peaceful, simple lives of merriment before a painless death of old age? Chances are being stuck through the heart by a bow or having their brains blown out by a .300 Win Mag is going to be a much less painful demise than being torn apart and eaten by predators, being hit by a truck, or slowly going deer-insane and dying of CWD.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's okay if the animal is murdered by someone else.

I think the oddest part of her craziness is that she's okay with animals being killed by humans, since she supports organic farming of livestock. She just has a specific hangup about hunting being perceived poorly. It's like a pescatarian being aghast at going fishing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also in the case of certain animals, hunting is vital to keep their population down. Feral hogs are the typical example, to the point where people have done hog hunting from a helicopter with full auto assault rifles and light machine guns. They're not natural to the areas they're hunted in and wreck the ecosystem, so they need regular culling through human intervention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubt19wLNcKM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

Any hunter I've know donates a good deal of meat to charity and/or was generous with the bounty among friends and family. What else are you going to do with 150 lbs of meat in a food-rich society?

Getting clean heart or lung shots so the animal dies quickly is important, both to minimize the suffering of the prey and the hunter. Do you want to chase a game animal an extra two miles through trackless terrain just so you can drag it back out again? gently caress no, you don't.

Having easy access to fresh meat is amazing. My fiancee's from a farming family that sells their produce at two farmers markets in the Orlando area, and we're always able to come in and get some free groceries. There's nothing quite like waking up at 9:00 AM, driving 2 miles away, and coming back with ribeye and bell peppers the size of a baby's head for free to cook for lunch.