Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
sleep guys discuss CPAP ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Clean them with minty alcohol

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
if sleeping with your pappy is wrong, i don't want to be right :D

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I had this and night terrors so I lost 40kg and now i'm just a weird empty sack of flesh but I don't have night terrors any more or feel like i'm going to die everytime I go to sleep so maybe try that?

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I have sleep apnea. Since I sound like Darth Vader when I sleep, I make sure to do villainous deeds during my waking hours. I'll probably do some good deed and get killed because of it in the end, though.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

if I sleep on my back I snore really loudly but I do it anyway because I don't even care

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Ranma Fan Art posted:

if I sleep on my back I snore really loudly but I do it anyway because I don't even care

If you don't hear it, then you don't have to give a gently caress. :hfive:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Quit being a child and swaddle your loving head

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
where is DGSW

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
I was snoring pretty loud and driving my wife crazy until I lost 70 lbs and stopped being a horrible worthless fat sack of poo poo. Now m a lean mean loving machine and I sleep soundly and quietly.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
cpap promo photos are a lot like mcdonalds promo photos

the people in them are always about 50 lbs too thin

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This is a naked attempt at a fat shaming thread and I'm calling it out right now.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zev posted:

I was snoring pretty loud and driving my wife crazy until I lost 70 lbs and stopped being a horrible worthless fat sack of poo poo. Now m a lean mean loving machine and I sleep soundly and quietly.

This is a pretty glorious post avatar combo. I can even picture Bernie's infomercial for whatever product it was that made him lose 70 lbs, also the before photo is just a picture of Chris Christie.

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
The product is taxing the 1% and making them pay their fair share.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I had this and night terrors so I lost 40kg and now i'm just a weird empty sack of flesh but I don't have night terrors any more or feel like i'm going to die everytime I go to sleep so maybe try that?

I'm getting evaluated for apnea because I haven't slept well in years and I'm starting to do the feeling like imma die thing too, lol

Going back to the gym also, I'm already a weird empty person but itd be nice to kick the sleep disorder and put off the beetus for a while

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im not fat but I have this i guess. I got my CPAP machine and woke up in the middle of the night with basically what amounts to an air conditioner blasting directly down my throat and nose. Today I have a really bad cold. AMA

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FedEx Mercury posted:

This is a naked attempt at a fat shaming thread and I'm calling it out right now.

Some people force this on themselves by being fats but seems like some poor bastards just have a problem.

People shouldn't be fat though. There I have shamed someone and they can go be mad now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
jerry garcia died of sleep apnea

so do pretty much everything he did, except that

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

canpakes posted:

im not fat but I have this i guess. I got my CPAP machine and woke up in the middle of the night with basically what amounts to an air conditioner blasting directly down my throat and nose. Today I have a really bad cold. AMA

get the humidifier component for your machine, fellow non fatty cpap user

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

My mum stopped using her cpap machine and I'm afraid it will reduce her lifespan that's my sleep apnea story

edit: my mum is not fat btw

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
sleep apnea megathread paired with what's your favorite comfort food megathread

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I imagine this grampa just can't stop saying racist/ horrible things and this is the only way to take him out in public anymore, oh gramps...

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
POST YOUR average hourly incidents from your sleep study. I had 55 apnea incidents per hour for the first portion and then they started me on the CPAP machine, though the doctor said the average could have been higher if they'd continued without it.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I heave to wear a machine every night cause my body's to loving dumb to sleep without dying. What the gently caress.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Bane must have had some really bad sleep apnea, he wears his machine everywhere.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

a bone to pick posted:

Bane must have had some really bad sleep apnea, he wears his machine everywhere.

awake apnea

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
there was a comedian i heard once where his mom thought he was dying in his sleep and like tricked him and stuff so she could record it it was a bit funny but not really, 4/10

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
there's millions of advertisements about it on local radio

my local radio station has to spend ~5 min per hour on sleep apnea poo poo

i tune into it for news, not people bitching about snoring :smug:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

AEMINAL posted:

where is DGSW

missing in action after a pre-dawn raid in ho chi minh city

lest we forget :patriot:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ignoranus posted:

awake apnea

or to put it through a Millenial translator:

Woke apnea

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I have this.
I don't use the machine because I slept worse with it. "You get used to it" gently caress you I do.
I decided to instead to lose weight because sleeping with a jet turbine strapped to my face was the loving braking point.

60lbs less and I sleep much better these days. :unsmith:

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

a bone to pick posted:

or to put it through a Millenial translator:

Woke apnea

my inability to breathe makes me feel euphoric, m'lady

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bathhouse posted:

get the humidifier component for your machine, fellow non fatty cpap user

Mine has the humidifier and the heated hose. Last night I turned up the heat full blast but te pressure machine was forcing snot back into my nose because it had got me sick the night before. I lasted with it from about 11pm-4am and woke up with the pressure on 10 (it apparently adjusts while you sleep...starts on 4 or 5. It's totally goddamn insane I will tell you how tonight goes goons.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
God rest ye merry, gentlegoons

Henry Winklers balls
Aug 2, 2006
Slightly Agravic
I am A kinda atletic guy but i have cronic apnea

Yeah gently caress me

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
sleep apnea + narcolepsy

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Henry Winklers balls posted:

I am A kinda atletic guy but i have cronic apnea

Yeah gently caress me

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Its going to be totally weird to experience what its like to be properly rested when I eventually get my cpap and whatever

Kind of used to constantly being semi unconscious

• Locked thread