Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

For as long as I can remember my main issue with existing modes of transportation has been that I don't feel like I'm being treated enough like cargo. Sure low cost airlines come sort of close I GUESS but it's just not the same as being packed up in a crate for several minutes or hours with no means of walking around as I wait to get to my destination. I mean those planes have drink, snack, and something even meal service. For now my best option is to try and convince my Uber driver to taket me to where I want to go in the trunk (or some might say boot) of their car. It's really hard to convince them though, even when I offer to tip well above the normal rate in advance! Enter Moovel:

Okay I hosed up the first time on the link. Dang! Okay here's the crate thing.
https://box.moovellab.com/

Their pitch video makes some excellent points. We can't all own cars, public transit just doesn't cut it (no shut up it has nothing to do with lack of planning and/or funding in most cities. No cities or countries have it figured out shut up you are wrong!), and bikes are for nerds. I am planning on throwing what money I can at this very excellent idea that is going to TOTALLY disrupt the transportation industry on all levels. I mean it was started by people from Mercedes-Benz, so you know it's quality. I can't wait to live in a reality where I pack myself in a crate, I mean the thing even has Wi-Fi guys! WI-FI! Also there is so much room you can like move your hips and put your hands slightly above your head. Talk about comfort! We are truly living in the future! This is like something out of Demolition Man...now if we could only get those three shells to happen...

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
It's a mobile app OP, where did you get wi-fi crates from?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Wi-Fi you say?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I didn't see anything on that page about packing myself in a crate?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op should be transported to jail. his crime? posting poorly formatted text that's impossible to read!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Hell Yeah posted:

op should be transported to jail. his crime? posting poorly formatted text that's impossible to read!

They gonna shank him into a human sponge for such a crime

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
i can see how in the photos you could confuse those older phones with shipping containers though

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Crap in a hat! I lost it...Welp let the take downs begin I guess...

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Okay! Found the human crate link. But I deserve whatever sick burns come my way. Here's the link which I have added to the OP as well.
https://box.moovellab.com/

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Bikes are for nerds though seriously id rather be in a fuckin box

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I am guessing this has to be a joke, because I would imagine there are some type of laws about putting people inside of crates and shipping them around?

Right?

Right?

Or has "creative destruction" really gone this far?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

glowing-fish posted:

I am guessing this has to be a joke, because I would imagine there are some type of laws about putting people inside of crates and shipping them around?

Right?

Right?

Or has "creative destruction" really gone this far?

I'm not sure I looked around a bit to see if it was a prank but I seriously can't find anything. I may have been had. I mean it SEEMS like a parody but...

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Let's all ship ourselves to the ops house and kick his rear end.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
They say on the page it's not in development and it's just a thought excersize. Its a fake -what if- thing designed to grab the attention of stupid people. The architecture world is full of this poo poo, fresh grads and young practices who design poo poo like a cloud you can live in or a floating self sufficient city that magically generates more power than it uses. Design agencies are constantly releasing press releases of seemingly impossible poo poo as if their new product is real and then go 'but it's not, made u think eh'

It's all just for attention and it's baffling that this seems to be the first time you've seen something like that. The design world is being ruined by poo poo like this. Nothing in it is real anymore.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I hope this is real and OP gets a job there, but it's a job cleaning the loads of poo poo and semen these will inevitably be coated with.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I don't think this looks like a very developed concept.
Can they be stacked? How high? Why are they so roomy? Passenger transport is about maximizing the spam to air mix inside the tin.
How many fits inside a standard 40-foot shipping container?
Can they be placed on top of a sabot and launched on inter-continental ballistic trajectories with a railgun?

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Where's my flying DeLorean

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
this is parody

right?

right?

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
that looks like it'd be real easy to hose someone out of

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

In the video, there is a button for toilet. How is this supposed to work?
As for the shape, they are probably going for fitting them inside these:

Except the cargo hold normally doesn't have any heating or air.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Shouldn't those boxes be labelled "Fragile" or "This Side Up"?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beats the trains. :downs:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
pros: you can beat off to your heart's content in the box

cons: everyone else before you has had this thought

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Someone should make a PYF tech pitch video thread because they're all awful.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh dang this is extremely my fetish

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
If there's one harsh lesson I learned from my first kid, it's that they're really gonna want to poke some air holes in that box.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
This is nothing new, cartoon characters have been shipping themselves by mail for decades.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if i dont spend extra for expedited shipping, will i have to spend a week in a post office distribution center?

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Rutibex posted:

if i dont spend extra for expedited shipping, will i have to spend a week in a post office distribution center?

Yes but you'll have netflix.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

quote:

The mobility in a box concept is the brainchild of the moovel lab, an anti-disciplinary creative space, something in-between a research lab and a tinker’s garage.

Translation: unemployed

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Dredd 2 looking good.

IsoCubes looking realistic.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Man the future is loving awesome

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Can't wait for all forms of individuality are gone and the primary form of transportation is being shipped like cargo. :allears:

Level 31 Dipshit
Jan 14, 2010
Wow, being shipped around like cattle in your own personal windowless coffin box. Welcome to the 21st Century citizen.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
When I go out I wanna go out trapped and screaming in a dark metal box slowly rising to unbearable temperatures in the middle of a storage warehouse in Arizona while some UPS guy is smoking a bowl .

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
in the early days of the post office you could mail babies and children before they made new rules against it.

i think i heard that somewhere. :shrug:

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
it's true

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Roylicious posted:

When I go out I wanna go out trapped and screaming in a dark metal box slowly rising to unbearable temperatures in the middle of a storage warehouse in Arizona while some UPS guy is smoking a bowl .

You could hot box it while you wait.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
this looks like a claustrophobic device for idiots...but a lot of idiots are willing to buy into this.

is this in the stock market yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

moovel lab posted:

The mobility in a box concept is the brainchild of the moovel lab, an anti-disciplinary creative space, something in-between a research lab and a tinker’s garage. We approach urban mobility and data analysis from different angles and communicate our ideas, investigations and prototypes through visual projections of the future, making mobility a bit more tangible for everyone.

Reading that makes me want to punch somebody.

• Locked thread