Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Every so often I dust this game off and stop short of going anywhere near the halfway point trigger and big side area.

As I'm considering doing that again, an LP appears. Looking forward to seeing more people who actually have the slightest idea what they are doing/have any building creativity show stuff off.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have terrible lack of creativity too, but then I realized a simple way to at least ease myself into basic planning.

Aztec. Pyramid.

It's still a bunch of boxes, but suddenly it's a whole lot more satisfying.

When I last was playing this, I ended up with a stonework inverse aztec Pyramid floating 20 feet off the ground. Because it was faster to build upwards and outwards than it was to dig down and knock out background dirt and rock for expansion :v: (And NPCs were less likely to investigate half dug holes and get in the way of trying to shortcut digging with bombs).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

CptWedgie posted:

...Okay, I dare someone to try building triangular houses for their town now. Primarily to see if it's actually possible. And no, building a square room and cutting it in half doesn't count.

Well, you can actually hammer blocks into slopes now, so it's totally possible if a bit involved. And exceptions would need to be made to attach doors anyway to qualify as a home :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Iny posted:

You could shape them like a right triangle, flat on the bottom and one of the sides. Or, I guess, |>, although that would be trickier to build a qualifying house in.

I was thinking more along the lines of just using proper doors, but adding background tiles to fill out the outer edges of the triangle look.

The ability to walk through your homes without having to stop for platforming every five seconds is always nice.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

mauman posted:

edit: I just had the dumbest trap death ever :cripes:

What we all say to ourselves, when it happens :(:hf::saddowns:

• Locked thread