Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I do appreciate the La-Mulana reference when you could have just made a Megaman X reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Bore into Satan's pad with a drill of bombs

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Bombs are easy to toss down in a straight line when you make them sticky!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
As a DMV resident, there is little else to do in that traffic so you may as well do the update

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Cheat the item in and say you were fishing for several hours and got it on a stroke of luck no seriously guys this luck is amazing on this map

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

RickVoid posted:

It also doesn't solve the actual bottleneck of only being able to turn in one quest every in-game day.

Generate a new character as quickly as possible, grab the quest fish they need from the chest, drop off reward, delete the character and generate a new one

ad nauseam

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
What I really liked about the early Terraria experience was the multiple routes you could take to progress. When corruption was the only evil in a world the intended path was defeat the Eye boss, have the Dryad move in, and use purification powder on corrupted stone so you can dig through it to break the shadow orbs. Or if you got lucky you could make a gold pickaxe. Or if you got lucky you could use Dynamite to blow through the stone.

Hard mode had that a little at the very beginning. You could progressively mine through all the hardmode ores while avoiding monsters, or if you had enough money just buy a weapon from a new NPC that suddenly puts you on par with these harder foes. You could do what I assume is coming next for the cool flight accessories, or find a situation where an NPC will just sell a version of the flight accessory. Then a lot of those little things were removed and it became a much more linear experience.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
But snowstorms are so comfy inside!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I dunno, I consider endgame the third addition to the Dungeon and beyond. Jungle, Dungeon 2 and Desert are midgame to me

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Could you show off the star cannon? It used to be absolutely absurd but expensive, nowadays it's sorta eeh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
My only issue with the endgame is Impending Doom appearing as soon as you finish off the final pillar. Not a ton of time to play around with all these new toys before suddenly DOOM

also the armor being gated behind said doom, it's stuff you would really want beforehand

• Locked thread