Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

did phil's horny level reset with the day? like if he cranked off at 5:59 and then woke up at 6:00 could he immediately crank another one out or would he have to wait a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I wonder how often he repeated the "one night stand" thing he did. I could take this comment to far darker places.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Allow me to be the first to concede that this is a valid and thought-provoking question about the hit movie Groundhog Day starring comedy legend Bill Murray.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

did phil's horny level reset with the day? like if he cranked off at 5:59 and then woke up at 6:00 could he immediately crank another one out or would he have to wait a while?

duh, the groundhog was able to resurrect him from a fiery car crash, of course he's able to fill up bill's balls

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
no in fact his horny level never replenishes so after a few resets he's doomed to a limp dick for eternity until he can do everything right

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm trying to search IMDB to get a frame a reference, but nothing is coming up for Grounhog Day.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Cnut the Great posted:

Allow me to be the first to concede that this is a valid and thought-provoking question about the hit movie Groundhog Day starring comedy legend Bill Murray.

hey thanks. this feels good

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
We have seen that Phil's muscle memory and depression carried over each day, so there is grounds to assume his hormone levels do as well. I'm going to go with "no" OP, his horniness levels did not reset each day.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

dookifex_maximus posted:

duh, the groundhog was able to resurrect him from a fiery car crash, of course he's able to fill up bill's balls

Dial-a-Dog posted:

no in fact his horny level never replenishes so after a few resets he's doomed to a limp dick for eternity until he can do everything right

i'm getting mixed messages here

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a good question. If it's an intellectual boner I'm sure it would carry through the transition. If it's a piss boner it would default to that every morning.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
Well he can come back from the dead at 6am so maybe yeah.

I say maybe because it might depend on how much of a load he had on deck when he initially got caught up in the loop the first night/day, like he'd just reset to that.

Then again his brain retained newly formed synapses day to day and now I'm gonna grab a beer and give this some serious thought

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Applewhite posted:

We have seen that Phil's muscle memory and depression carried over each day, so there is grounds to assume his hormone levels do as well. I'm going to go with "no" OP, his horniness levels did not reset each day.

what about his cum did that refill

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

That's a good question. If it's an intellectual boner I'm sure it would carry through the transition. If it's a piss boner it would default to that every morning.

Whoa

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Applewhite posted:

ye his prostate would continue to produce more cum.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If it did refill eventually he'd probably lose track of his goals and just continuously autoerotically asphyxiate himself

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Like wake up at 6am, by 615 he's already dead with his pants around his ankles from taking it too far again, again and again

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm trying to search IMDB to get a frame a reference, but nothing is coming up for Grounhog Day.

haha whoopsie looks like I pulled a real boner of a typo maybe a friendly MOD can come in here and "give me the d" as it were eheheheh

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
I'd posit that not only was the groundhog able to refill bills dilz the groundhog was also able to soothe bills fucksore roundhog

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'm glad we can still have threads about cum in gbs. I love cum.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

dookifex_maximus posted:

I'd posit that not only was the groundhog able to refill bills dilz the groundhog was also able to soothe bills fucksore roundhog

wait it was the groundhog doing it the whole time?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I'm glad we can still have threads about cum in gbs. I love cum.

:hfive:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Applewhite posted:

But his body resets from large scale physical changes like dying. This suggestions neural and synaptic wiring changes with experience and is maintained across resets, but other physical changes are not. I believe endocrine functions such as horniness hormones would be reset, as would his semen supply. You are free to disagree, but if you choose to debate me please recognise that this is what I have chosen to believe and I will not be swayed by any amount of evidence to the contrary.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mind the walrus posted:

I wonder how often he repeated the "one night stand" thing he did. I could take this comment to far darker places.

It's implied that he's hosed every woman in town except for Andi Macdowell

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

It's implied that he's hosed every woman in town except for Andi Macdowell

The real question for me concerns not the quantity but the quality of his loving. Phil could theoretically use his time loop to master a woman's individual sexual preferences to an incredible degree of specificity. Usually this would take time in a relationship, but he can achieve it in, from the woman's perspective, the very first encounter. He could benefit from both practice and the excitement of a new lover. My only question is whether women would be thrilled or intimidated by such a talented lover.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
click

you put your little hand in mine
there ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

Moon Atari posted:

But his body resets from large scale physical changes like dying. This suggestions neural and synaptic wiring changes with experience and is maintained across resets, but other physical changes are not. I believe endocrine functions such as horniness hormones would be reset, as would his semen supply. You are free to disagree, but if you choose to debate me please recognise that this is what I have chosen to believe and I will not be swayed by any amount of evidence to the contrary.

But that not really the question.

Lets say he has a good bate session right before he goes to bed pre-loop and hes kinda dehydrated or whatever, basically lets say hes bone dry at the start of the loop. Every morning he'd wake up despooged.

If we're gonna make any headway here someone needs to call bill murry on the telephone and find out how long it had been from his last ejaculation to the start of filming the "wake up its yesterday" scene.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moon Atari posted:

The real question for me concerns not the quantity but the quality of his loving. Phil could theoretically use his time loop to master a woman's individual sexual preferences to an incredible degree of specificity. Usually this would take time in a relationship, but he can achieve it in, from the woman's perspective, the very first encounter. He could benefit from both practice and the excitement of a new lover. My only question is whether women would be thrilled or intimidated by such a talented lover.

Because of differences in social expectations, women may feel as if they are not allowed to be too good in bed the first time. Men have no such restriction and better is just better.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
That's true if he really went at it the night before he'd be stuck like that forever, make sure to always leave one in the chamber in case of a groundhogs day scenario goons

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

Dial-a-Dog posted:

That's true if he really went at it the night before he'd be stuck like that forever, make sure to always leave one in the chamber in case of a groundhogs day scenario goons

Thats why my friends and family know not to call me between 2:30 & 3:00pm

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I hadn't considered his state at the starting point of the loop, having jumped immediately to the possibility of effecting continuity once in the loop. I concede that draining oneself immediately before the loop begins is a troubling possibility, that might explain some of Phil's frustration. He was clearly still able to gently caress, but he may have been suffering through some dick chafe that robbed him of enjoyment.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moon Atari posted:

I hadn't considered his state at the starting point of the loop, having jumped immediately to the possibility of effecting continuity once in the loop. I concede that draining oneself immediately before the loop begins is a troubling possibility, that might explain some of Phil's frustration. He was clearly still able to gently caress, but he may have been suffering through some dick chafe that robbed him of enjoyment.

He strikes me as the kind who would do it dry. Just plain punishing his chapped and reddeniing dick

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

what they dont tell you is that he didnt beat off for an entire year for the last bit of the movie. this enabled him to have the focus to learn the piano and the pure sexual resevoir necessary to spraypaint that brunette to the fuckin ceiling once he finally got to bust

its in the deleted scenes

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

didn't the director say he figured Phil was in the loop for a couple hundred years? he probably got bored with women after a while and moved on to men and then maybe animals

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hth posted:

what they dont tell you is that he didnt beat off for an entire year for the last bit of the movie. this enabled him to have the focus to learn the piano and the pure sexual resevoir necessary to spraypaint that brunette to the fuckin ceiling once he finally got to bust

its in the deleted scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FRDcwEsWo4&t=209s

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

denzel washington was amazin in that movie

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
What if he had stayed up drinking the night before? Gone to bed at 4am?

He would wake up shattered and barely able to crawl out of bed, so tired he falls asleep soon after..

or he fights to stay awake, sick, sore, hungover and able to do next to nothing.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
I feel like this really misses the point of the hit movie, starring noted actor and comedian Bill Murray.

naem
May 29, 2011

He probably just started grabbing Andy McDowell or whichever woman was closest by the hair and dragging them back into his rape van, screaming MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP PLEASE, LET ME DIE PLEASE END THIS CHARADE MY EXISTSNCE

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

He strikes me as the kind who would do it dry. Just plain punishing his chapped and reddeniing dick

Exactly. Phil starts the film as a dedicated pessimist, stuck living an unhappy life not because he is unwilling to pursue happiness but because he does not know what will bring him happiness and is too cynical to explore new options. He would almost certainly continue to beat his dick long after it became apparent that he would not climax in that session, simply because that is the routine way he believes satisfaction is 'supposed' to be achieved.

His emotional journey throughout the film is one of self-discovery and exploration. He tried everything before finding something that could fulfil him. Along the way I am certain he would have discovered more effective ways of masturbating, such that upon exiting the loop he would have learnt to self satisfy before the point of chaffing.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Imagine the first day out of the time loop. I would be terrified of no longer knowing everything that was gonna happen and actually being able to permanently die or get injured. The return of consequences and responsibilities and mortality would be horrifying after living so very long without them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
He unlocked the key to time travel, immortality, and humility and people want to focus on his sex life LOL.

• Locked thread