Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Fiance and I are working a haunted house this year again. I will be wearing my face and she is gonna be on stilts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Phraggah posted:

Now we're talking. What did you make that out of? Awesome detail too, did you sculpt it or was it captured in molding?

a bit fleshy though

:spooky:

My fiance made them. The mask is liquid latex and flour. The face is done in silicone and she casted my face to do it. Still needs hair and that has 17 layers of paint on it. Its kinda weird having like 10 copies of my own face laying around the apartment.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Phraggah posted:

Crazy. Do you guys have much background in sculpting and moulding, or are you sort of picking it up as you go?

I have no background.. she is all the talent but with no background or art school. She basically just watched a ton of youtube videos and then is just naturally good at it. I tried to cast her face and almost killed her so I am just the test dummy, support, and ideas. The skin mask is actually pretty difficult to make.. she mostly is working with latex and tissues\cottonballs\tissues\etc. First day of the haunted house is tonight and its kinda a test run. I'll get finished pictures next week when were all ready to go.

If anyone has any tips on how to yell and scream for four hours without a headache and vocal chord damage I am all ears. I didnt get my full voice back for 5 months last year.

Here is what she used for the skin mask:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTKlIjf8hY

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Will defiantly be getting that tea. Found it on Amazon.

Our first night of work got canceled due to rain.. so no pictures yet. However this is the early stages of my fiances mask she will be wearing.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
And here it is finished.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Guess well have to see what it looks like when shes all in costume.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Masks are done.. we are working tonight so I'll get pictures in full costume.

Doing the eybrows and eyelashes took about 15 hours or so.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
The only picture that came out good.. I gotta get some while the lights are still on.

Were gonna open up the eyes a little bit because I look like a stoned asian guy. Did get a lot of compliments on the mask and a bunch of scares. Didn't get punched yet!

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Ah I forgot.. here are our final costumes right before we scare people.

Been a good year go far.. that throat coat tea has been a godsend.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Phraggah posted:

drat man, that's insane. Where is you're haunted house if you don't mind me asking?

Outside of Philadelphia, place is called Shady Brook Farm. It used to be a lot bigger but then this area just got flooded with different haunts. We make due though and they let us do whatever we want so its pretty cool. More of a family place but still a blast and scaring people never gets old. Chased a girl tonight through three different rooms who her boyfriend was literally dragging her.. she looked like a deer in headlights screaming her face off. Having reactions like is like an adrenaline rush and makes the job a blast.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Inzombiac posted:

Do you have a build guide??? I love it.

For the skin mask she followed this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTKlIjf8hY

For the other face she just kinda made that up as she went. She got some reference pictures and then just went from there. Its a mix of liquid latex and flour. Most of her appliances she makes are latex and flour.. its cheap and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Put your clothes in the woods and ride over them with quads or just somewhere dirty with a lot of foot traffic. They get beat up real quick and look really authentic. Also wetting them and drying them with high heat really fucks stuff up.

• Locked thread