Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FYI if you want to make actual progress with a therapist you're gonna have to tell them the truth sooner or later

Like, maybe you don't have to come out and say "I jizzed all over my coworker's office equipment," but every therapist has heard "I'm irrationally obsessed with my married coworker and it's loving me up" a thousand times and they will be able to help you work through that.

Also go meet someone else. You'll quit being obsessed with Katie the second you meet someone who reciprocates your attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lots of potential outcomes here

1) you stick with the job until it ruins your marriage and then you become so depressed you quit or get fired and your life is terrible.

2) you tell your boss to gently caress off with the late nights and you get fired. This will hurt but your wife will be extremely supportive because you were trying to save your marriage and take care of yourself and her, and in response your boss was a huge rear end in a top hat to you. You'll find another job.

3) you tell your boss to gently caress off with the late nights and he agrees and gives you the time off that you need. This is the most challenging one, because it's easy for him to do something like give you one night off a week and then hold that as a bargaining chip against you forever. Your wife will also resent this because it sounds like you're the type of person who might think you can never take anything more for yourself other than what your boss graciously gave you. Don't let yourself get in this condition. Make your argument a hard one: you're going to leave by 6 p.m. every night and that's it. Then either you get fired and you're back to step two, or you actually have a reasonable change in your life.

4) you just quit the job without confronting your boss. Also a great idea because it sounds like you hate it there. Your wife has a job and can support you, you will feel way better and more motivated when you are not working at a horrible place that makes your marriage fall apart, and you will find something else to work at sooner rather than later.

Also get married sooner. If you've been living together for years why are you pushing it out another 22 months

Poo poo guy: ahaahahahhahhahahahahhahahahhahhahahahhhahhahahahahhahahhahahhahhhahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahhHhhahahahhahahahhahhaaaaaaaa Jesus Christ dude why would you ask one of your friends if you could pay her to poop in front of you. It would have been awkward enough if you'd just asked as like a favor or something, but now she knows that you think she lets people watch her poop for money

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well if the guy wasn't planning on having any time off until August 2019 I think I can say right now how his marriage is gonna turn out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Idk I don't see why overworked goon's wife can't be a teensy bit more patient given the situation unless she's a low-key manipulator. And it's strange to see a few dozen posts that haven't even commented on it.

dude said he's blown off like six different things that he was supposed to do with his wife in order to work instead

two or three, okay, sure, apologize and make it up later. six in a row is definitely getting up to "do you even give a poo poo" territory

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rock stars' jobs are basically to have sex, do drugs, and play rock n' roll, and they all end up offing themselves by the time they're 27, presumably because all the fun things in life have become work

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

everybody snaps awake covered in sweat at least some of the time. and you're probably just scratching your own body in the middle of the night. trim your nails. I sometimes suddenly wake up at 3am with a terrible pain in my face and then i realize that i'm just biting the inside of my cheek really hard.

that or ghosts. you know who to call

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

half coke half diet posted:

Reasonable people don't speak up against male domestic abuse against men because they are pushed aside to point out that women are abused too and that is the real problem. Not that domestic violence from either partner towards the other is bad, mind you the LOGICAL thinking in the matter. But in doing so you will be labeled a horrific person that does not empathize with the plight of women everywhere.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

loquacius posted:

If you're drinking ten shots a day and AA isn't helping, rehab would be the next logical step.

Also, alcoholic goon: note that doctors are perfectly aware of how people lie about their drinking, so when you're saying "oh, two or three drinks a day" and they see your whole health picture they know exactly what's going on. Go to rehab.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I’m sorry, but who names a temperature scale Kevin.

Guys, I just created a new unit of measurement. It’s called a “Jeffrey”

just wait until you learn about Watts and Pascals and Joules and Amperes and Volts and Newtons and Angstroms and Hertz and Grays and Sieverts and Curies and Teslas and Henrys and Ohms and Farads and Coulombs and Siemens and Daltons

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

and Webers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Metric system makes sense, but you would have to remove every INCH measurement from everything and that goes into fasteners and poo poo. You have no idea how frustrating it is to listen to people say "I want a 6mm bolt that is 1.5" long". Give me a fastener that is 1.5" long in metric. Then tell me how many mm it is in, and tell me if 1.5" is easier than 37.5mm

In closing, gently caress metric, Im gonna stay INCH strong

Ok yeah but 40mm is easier to say than 1.5748 inches

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Maybe, but what loving bolt is One and Nine Sixteenth long?

all the bolts on my motorcycle, 3d printer, quadcopter, and other modern high-tech products of the future are multiples of round metric lengths (10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 30mm, etc)

who gives a poo poo how long they are in ancient puritan farmer units

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Any vehicle designed and built in the US from 1960-2017 give a poo poo...

PS: Your Crotch Rocket != All Motorcycles

lol. if you've got a hardly ableson go take a look at some of the engine bolts sometime. only bikes where you need two complete sets of tools to work on them

got any sevens posted:

Is the reason metric is base ten because of our fingers?

yes, but it's more accurate to say that the reason base ten is base 10 is because of our fingers.

e: also my ford is entirely metric but that's because it's secretly a mazda

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

what kind of a country are we coming to where they won't even serve liquor to a baby on a plane

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm glad someone else did it bc i wanted to but figured it was too crass

anyway, chem teacher goon, go and get therapy if you haven't already. 100% the best and healthiest thing you can do at this point. the therapist will help you come to believe that sex can be good and not every girl is going to be a pedophile rapist.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

Allegedly he did this to Garfunkle and Oates

Poor Kate Micucci eyes are buggy enough w/o some weirdo jerkin it.

:( Being mean to Kate Micucci is like kicking a puppy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Surely you meant

Mushroom In, Soup Out

little known fact: this is the full name of the japanese soup M.I.S.O.

Fartbox posted:

Butt is so much more important than tits

Would you rather have a woman with a Hank Hill butt but big boobs or a woman with a perfect rear end but small boobs?

definitely the latter. you see a lot of middle aged women with the former body shape in the midwest and they all cut a profile like buzz lightyear

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

please, less angry depressed people whining about their lives, more goons teaching themselves programming to level up their wanking power, thank you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You shouldn't wreck anyone's butthole, that's mean and probably very inconvenient for them

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

There's gotta be a place where a Man Who Just Wants To Fight can make a contribution. Is the A-Team still around?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's okay to be physically attracted to a really lovely person. prettiness is not related to personality, despite what the media suggests

if you'd consider excusing the guy for his crimes because you think he's pretty, then, well, that's something to work on yeah

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i saw an extremely long and disgusting series of images on imgur where a woman got mailed a glitter bomb as a prank and a piece of glitter got in her eye and somehow sliced her cornea and her eyeball became infected and after several weeks of doctors trying to save it the whole thing eventually died and she had to have it removed.

glitter bombs are no joke

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

Iirc that imgur series wasn't due to a surprise glitterbomb, it was a model who used non–eye-safe glitter around her eyes for a photoshoot.

what is "eye-safe glitter?"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

Glitter that's safe to use in the area of your eyes, that's used for eyeshadow and stuff, that's regulated by the FDA, specifically so you don't unthinkingly murder your eyes

yeah but what's the difference? she got the infection apparently because a sharp corner nicked her cornea like a tiny papercut. is eye-safe glitter all rounded off or something?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of the r/relationships post about the woman whose engineer husband insisted on wiring absolutely everything in the house to some unreliable linux clusterfuck and the last straw was demanding that she submit bug reports to github instead of telling him to come home and fix the goddamn door and lights.

Link please

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One time I was helping a student lift a large object in the shop. He wore really baggy loose pants and when he bent over his pants fell down a bunch and his underwear stuck out and he had a massive skidmark in it like 6 inches long. I don't think I am unusually clean or anything but I do not have poo poo marks in my underwear, and I assumed that most people are the same way. I couldn't comprehend what sort of behavior you'd have to engage in to make a skidmark so bad that if it was obvious from ten feet away on the outside of the cloth.

Now I know!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dvds are a direct descendant of cds. the key technology in both is the laser, which was designed based on principles discovered before the first world war.

LEDs rely on similar physics, and the first LED was described in 1927.

wifi is an extension of microwave radio techniques developed in the years leading up to ww2.

"the cloud" is distributed computing, which was the default model of computing until the 1980s.

why, that thing sounds like it was written by some teenager with no understanding of historical context who didn't even do any research into the details that would make his story plausible!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the other day i went to my favorite bathroom on campus to take a poo poo and some guy was in my favorite stall. oh well, whatever. i went to the next one over. as I sat down, though, I realized that the guy next door had gone completely silent. I stopped moving and listened for a second and -- nothing. none of the little creaks as people shift their weight, no breathing, no sounds of toilet paper being unrolled, no subtle clicking of fingernails on a phone screen, and certainly no bodily sounds. he stayed dead silent like that for the whole 3-4 minutes I was in there.

you're not fooling anyone, dude. quit being ashamed that you sometimes take a dump lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

Glory hole goon: Getting your dick sucked isn't losing your viginity.

"losing your virginity" is really more of an internal mental state than the performance of any particular sex act

i wouldn't call a guy who goes to glory holes to get his dick sucked every day and twice on tuesday "a virgin" even if no he's never put his penis into someone's butt.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Narcissist goon: just remember that all of your senses of self-superiority are, by your own recognition, caused by a mental disorder. You're nowhere near as smart as you think you are. You think that Google would love to hire you? I went to grad school with a guy who barely passed any of his classes, never showed any creative or interesting research, and only graduated because our lab supervisors pulled all of us more competent students together and said "look, every one of you needs to take a chapter of x's thesis and rewrite it into proper English, or he's never going to get out of here." That guy was hired by Google.

On the whole you're just as average as everyone else, except lacking the usual sense of self-awareness. :)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean i'm sorry that the wedding didn't go off well but maybe when two of the four adjectives you use to describe yourself are "stoner" and "gaming", like, you're kinda starting from a position of minimal expectations right

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

After 9pm on the 25th there will be a massive viral marketing campaign put on by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association. Thousands of trucks will drive though the northeastern USA distributing free steaks, beef jerky, all-beef franks, and other delicious beef products. Obviously there is nothing to fear, but it will be terrifying to many (vegetarians). Keep your pets inside because it will be hard to control them with all the meat everywhere. Please share with your friends because you definitely won't want to miss the Night of Free Beef! Of course, there will be a new dawn the next day -- there always is.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

if you havent made a girl cum while another girl rubs your dick and balls

you haven't either, guy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Perhaps the best way to think of it would be as some kind of improvisational theatre. Maybe next time you can get em to throw in a burrito or something and claim it's dinner theatre

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

grandma's boy is a real stupid movie but jp's character is fantastic and i like linda cardellini

the protagonists are shitheads though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*bvvvvp* *veep* *veep* *PSCHEEW* please  --  sit  on  my  face *vrrrrrrp* *zzeow*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah the A-plot video game stuff is so bad it's MST3K-level entertaining again. like when JP and the grandma are facing off at the end, both TVs simultaneously show the exact same scene, except one is tinted red and the other one blue.

anyway, i'm thinking about getting metal legs. it's a risky operation but it'll be worth it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

What the gently caress are the last 20 posts talking about?

I confess I have no idea.

Oh, oh my god! I'm sorry! I can't stop posting, I'm sorry! It feels so good!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh drat that was supposed to happen an hour ago. anything cool going on in the northeast???

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Police Automaton posted:

yeah aliens that cna do interstellar travel and have unlimited energy totally want earth for <reasons>

This is always dumb. Always. Some race who can travel between stars in a feasible way would have no interest in earth whatsoever. It'd be worthless to them. Hell, if we could make stellar mining somehow feasible it'd probably solve all our resource problems for like, as long as humans exist prob.. The "aliens are coming and they will take are resources" angle is always dumb.

We still don't know how rare earth-like planets are. We're starting to find planets that look like they might be in the same sort of zone that makes it possible for them to have liquid water, but we have no idea if they're all lush gardens or featureless waterworlds or dessicated hellscapes. Maybe our planet is desirable just because it's already set up for complex life with the right kind of temperature and biologically-maintained oxygen levels and everything and so the aliens don't have to gently caress around with the terraforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I liked Jon Hamm in Bridesmaids