Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It is so weird! Most jobs are either boring or stupid or bullshit. Looking at LinkedIn today it dawned on me: everyone is wasting their lives.

Anyway I'm going to go build a solar powered glass furnace and put it in my jungle treehouse, cya later guyz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
tell that to an assistant trainee internal marketing director

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
advertising has us working jobs we hate for poo poo we don't need

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

advertising has us working jobs we hate for poo poo we don't need

what about the people in other sectors? :stat: :wal:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stereotype posted:

It is so weird! Most jobs are either boring or stupid or bullshit. Looking at LinkedIn today it dawned on me: everyone is wasting their lives.

Anyway I'm going to go build a solar powered glass furnace and put it in my jungle treehouse, cya later guyz

Consider a career in nonprofit arts production, OP.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I like my job most of the time

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I need a new job but all of the jobs listed are dumb and bad.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The thing that is the worst about all jobs being horrible is that everyone is so sad and stressed out about doing them! Capitalism is the stupidest thing I can even imagine.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
so the solution is to just not care and do a lovely job? I bet I can manage that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Stereotype posted:

The thing that is the worst about all jobs being horrible is that everyone is so sad and stressed out about doing them! Capitalism is the stupidest thing I can even imagine.

i don't think capitalism is the root of the problem of why work sucks. i bet the dirt farmers in soviet russia had plenty to complain about too.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
but at least the trains ran on time

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
hey guys joe rogan podcast

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

maxe posted:

hey guys joe rogan podcast

when i ragequit SA one year i spent three very confused and hosed up months listening to podcasts and i ended up here before i snapped out of it

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
unfortunately job satisfaction has a dollar value, which means you make nothign if you have it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The Management posted:

I need a new job but all of the jobs listed are dumb and bad.

same

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

don't sign post etc

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

The Management posted:

so the solution is to just not care and do a lovely job? I bet I can manage that

Read the Gervais Principle, my friends, if you have not already.
http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i hate this so much

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
http://strikemag.org/bullshit-jobs/

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
eh, the stupid bullshit at work keeps me pretty distracted from the stupid bullshit of being and selfhood. ymmv

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik
my job is stupid bullshit, but every couple of weeks there is a really rewarding moment.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

*ollies into thread* sup DUDES i heard there was some BODACIOUS jobs here? i'm rad at *looks over top edge of shades* disrespecting authority

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i hate this so much

Why.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MSPain posted:

eh, the stupid bullshit at work keeps me pretty distracted from the stupid bullshit of being and selfhood. ymmv

👍

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

bump_fn posted:

I like my job most of the time

yeah same but in a not-worst timeline it would not exist at all.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

my wife's job is one of those 5% tho. it's also one of the jobs that pays gently caress all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what's the cool new way to find jobs these days? is there like an airbnb but for jobs?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

The Management posted:

what's the cool new way to find jobs these days? is there like an airbnb but for jobs?

AirBnB is a job for a lot of people I think. Like you rent a 2 bedroom apt for $1400 a mo and then rent the second bedroom on AirBnB for $100 a night plus a $50 cleaning fee all month.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
no, I mean back in the old days we used monster.com like loving cavemen. is there some app where I should be swiping right on jobs or whatever these days?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I also would like to know how you get a job. I'm gonna need one in like a year.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
if you're a corporate crony type that needs a buddy as an in LinkedIn is pretty good

i don't advise using LinkedIn

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

you get a good job by having an in.

but i have always liked indeed.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

software engineer has a shower thought, becomes convinced he understands everything about business hierarchies, writes hundreds of pages of bullshit

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

software engineer has a shower thought, becomes convinced he understands everything about business hierarchies, writes hundreds of pages of bullshit

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=33086

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i wasnt sure but i looked into it and my job is indeed stupid bullshit, op checks out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i always remember the george carlin bit

"what's that? your boss is an rear end in a top hat and your co-workers are morons and no one appreciates your work? ah, there's a word for people in your situation. it's called "everyone" and the support group for them meets at the bar on thursday nights"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

i always remember the george carlin bit

"what's that? your boss is an rear end in a top hat and your co-workers are morons and no one appreciates your work? ah, there's a word for people in your situation. it's called "everyone" and the support group for them meets at the bar on thursday nights"

I should open up a bar called Holy poo poo It's Only Wednesday

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

software engineer has a shower

unlikely

crutchcorn
Sep 21, 2016

Do you really want a headphone jack on ME?

You really ARE an idiot.

The Management posted:

i mean, it describes your love life pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I should open up a bar called Holy poo poo It's Only Wednesday

hahah

• Locked thread