Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

I'm starting to get a bit fatter and I really wanna bulk for real but the problem is that I'm studying abroad in a country where there always is beach weather and I hang out a lot at the school pool with all the hot girls and don't wanna get fat.

Real men have curves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
don't let the matriarchy force their twisted body image standards upon you

make them value your voluptuous beauty

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

sassassin posted:

Enjoy your ban for dodging the wordfilter.

What.

Also for those asking about stuff for energy at the gym, have you considered cocaine?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Commie NedFlanders posted:

205 -> 155

i have a naturally lean body type, but i did become overweight so i fixed it

And now you're a twink. Congrats?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Hey 155 sounds about right if he's like 5'0 tall.

Or a she.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Hey does anyone remember that JebanyPedal guy or whatever his name was? Dude was like 4'11" lmao

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

And now you're a twink. Congrats?

no i'm fat again that was like 3 years ago i'm gonna repeat it but try to sustain more muscle mass this time

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i have skinny chicken legs and twig arms but a swollen pregnant lookin beer belly and love handles and man tits i look like bill from king of the hill

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What.

Also for those asking about stuff for energy at the gym, have you considered cocaine?

I want as close to cocaine as I can get while still being able to walk into a vitamin/supplement shop and purchase a big tub of it off of the shelf

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What.

I seriously knew a guy who would do coke while at the gym. It was one of those 24 hour gyms that don't have staff and he would just be doing bumps and reps for an hour or two every day. He was jacked so I guess it worked.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Day 5 of the 4kcal diet.

Not enough

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Knight posted:

Day 5 of the 4kcal diet.

Not enough

Unless you're on roids, run a marathon every day or are like a jacked 6 5 there is 0 reason to be eating that much, unless you wanna get fat I guess

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Apprentice Dick posted:

I seriously knew a guy who would do coke while at the gym. It was one of those 24 hour gyms that don't have staff and he would just be doing bumps and reps for an hour or two every day. He was jacked so I guess it worked.

Explains all the glass and black rubber floors

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Im bulkin on 2700 calories, its slow but almost no fat gain

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Same except it's all fat gain for me. Can't stop burgin

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i have skinny chicken legs and twig arms but a swollen pregnant lookin beer belly and love handles and man tits i look like bill from king of the hill

You sound like my wife.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I bulked on 3.2k for 6 months as a 20 y/o male and still gained a ton of unnecessary fat (also muscle but that was intended)

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tolkien minority posted:

Unless you're on roids, run a marathon every day or are like a jacked 6 5 there is 0 reason to be eating that much, unless you wanna get fat I guess
Not jacked or on roids, but I am 6'2 and run 50 mpw. 3800 calories was an estimate for moderate workout days with +250 cal for bulking and +400 cal for running. Having lived off 2300 calories for the past 6 months, I'm cautious but amused by the amount of food I'm stuffing in my face now without bursting like an overcooked sausage. Will adjust if that changes.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Knight posted:

Not jacked or on roids, but I am 6'2 and run 50 mpw. 3800 calories was an estimate for moderate workout days with +250 cal for bulking and +400 cal for running. Having lived off 2300 calories for the past 6 months, I'm cautious but amused by the amount of food I'm stuffing in my face now without bursting like an overcooked sausage. Will adjust if that changes.

Don't know enough about running to comment but still sounds high to me. Whatever works tho

Edit:
this lol
vvvvvvvvvv

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 5, 2016

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I want to bulk!

*runs 50 miles per week*

:frogdowns:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the only proper way to bulk:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Where can someone purchase this Frog-tech? Asking for a friend

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Isn't that the guy who did the stupid GOMAD?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I want to bulk!

*runs 50 miles per week*

:frogdowns:
I get what you're saying, and it's against the spirit of this thread, but I like running and I'm not going to be too broken up if I spend a month eating everything and doing what I normally do without gaining weight.

The GOMAD guy was one of Rippetoe's disciples. Mr. FrogTech did something else horrible:

quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer_ View Post
Most gains (fat) were made in 3 months.
I didnt understand the concepts of anything.
As a result
- I overtrained (by a long shot). My training was in fact consistent. So consistent that my cns never had a chance to recover.
- I over ate by about 3,500 calories above my maintenance daily.
- The packet rice was packed with sodium, Hence the inflation in my face.

lol gotta love all the assumptions made with followup conclusions based on said assumptions.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Neck goals

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like it pierced the windshield washer fluid near the end, there.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
good bull

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tolkien minority posted:

I'm 6'0 and my maintenance is 3440. I don't do cardio and I sit on my rear end besides 2 hours per day at the gym 4 times per week of lifting. I don't/can't do roids or anything like that. That two hours is mostly 3-5 minute rest periods too with the occasional almost 10 minute rest periods on heavy squat/deadlift days. I guess I superset most of my accessories at the end.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 5, 2016

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
10 minute rest periods? Are you doing 50 rep sets of heavy deadlifts?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Khorne posted:

I'm 6'0 and my maintenance is 3440. I don't do cardio and I sit on my rear end besides 2 hours per day at the gym 4 times per week of lifting. I don't/can't do roids or anything like that. That two hours is mostly 3-5 minute rest periods too with the occasional almost 10 minute rest periods on heavy squat/deadlift days. I guess I superset most of my accessories at the end.

Let me rephrase. Idk how old you are but a few random tdee calculators with male, 6' and moderate exercise (3-5 days a week) give a 3300-3500 maintenance only at 240-250+. So either you're obese (and should eat well below that) or roided up (and that is actually your Tdee). No one (maybe .01% of the population) is 250 lb and lean at that height naturally

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What do you guys do during your 10 minute rests

do you just sit there...watching

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

10 minute rest periods? Are you doing 50 rep sets of heavy deadlifts?
Running Sheiko right now so nah. Mostly do 3-5 minute rest periods for deadlifts, 3ish for bench except near the end where I'll wait a bit more if I feel I need it. But the last set or three of squats I will rest 8-10 sometimes. Squats tax the poo poo out of my cardiovascular system and it takes a while for me to come down. I have a poo poo heart. I have a prosthetic aortic valve and mild aortic stenosis.

Tolkien minority posted:

Let me rephrase. Idk how old you are but a few random tdee calculators with male, 6' and moderate exercise (3-5 days a week) give a 3300-3500 maintenance only at 240-250+. So either you're obese (and should eat well below that) or roided up (and that is actually your Tdee). No one (maybe .01% of the population) is 250 lb and lean at that height naturally
I'm 235 and around 24% bf right now. I am not that muscular either. <6 months of lifting, no real GPP at all. I have a large frame in some ways.

Zzulu posted:

What do you guys do during your 10 minute rests

do you just sit there...watching
I pace back and forth like a madman, browse my phone, or do stretches/some practical movement stuff. I only just sit there and zone out if I'm totally tapped.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 5, 2016

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes you catch a good angle on some yoga pants and you're mesmerized.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

FedEx Mercury posted:

Sometimes you catch a good angle on some yoga pants and you're mesmerized.

Sorry. I'll stick to wearing shorts from now on.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Khorne posted:

Running Sheiko right now so nah. Mostly do 3-5 minute rest periods for deadlifts, 3ish for bench except near the end where I'll wait a bit more if I feel I need it. But the last set or three of squats I will rest 8-10 sometimes. Squats tax the poo poo out of my cardiovascular system and it takes a while for me to come down. I have a poo poo heart. I have a prosthetic aortic valve and mild aortic stenosis.
I'm 235 and around 24% bf right now. I am not that muscular either. <6 months of lifting, no real GPP at all. I have a large frame in some ways.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you're fat dude, not "big boned". Start a hard cut asap. Can almost guarantee you're underestimating body fat too

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
remember the post the W and W pics you got thread

its been closed for like a year now

wtf happened

i wanna see oiled up dudes, muscular women and questionably big "natural" bodies

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
And stop hogging the equipment with those stupid long rest times. Other people are loving waiting.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tolkien minority posted:

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you're fat dude, not "big boned". Start a hard cut asap. Can almost guarantee you're underestimating body fat too
I have been losing weight. I was 265 in march when I had open heart surgery again, 255 in June when I was able to begin physical activity after ~3 years of being borderline bedridden, and I'm 235 now.

If you go to the YLLS weight loss thread you can see some pictures of me wearing only boxer-briefs at 255 and 240. I've lost another 5lbs since the last one and probably put on another 1lb of muscle. I plan on going down to ~205 after eating maint for a month at 225. My stomach hasn't gone past my ribcage since 240 or so (~39" waist circum, ribcage area circum is ~40", hips were ~46", neck ~17"). Those measurements have all gone down except neck which went up and ribcage which stayed the same. My waist and hips were not much smaller measurement wise at 185-195 in the past.

Yeah I am weak and fat and have poo poo posture, the fat is going down, the posture is improving, the weak is becoming less weak, and I finally get to participate in a hobby I've wanted to participate in since I was 19. Or since a child? Since I was banned from most physical activity since a very young age.

GORDON posted:

And stop hogging the equipment with those stupid long rest times. Other people are loving waiting.
I go at 11pm-midnight and no one is waiting.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 5, 2016

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Khorne posted:

I have been losing weight. I was 265 in march when I had open heart surgery again, 255 in June when I was able to begin physical activity after ~3 years of being borderline bedridden, and I'm 235 now.

If you go to the YLLS weight loss thread you can see some pictures of me wearing only boxer-briefs at 255 and 240. I've lost another 5lbs since the last one and probably put on another 1lb of muscle. I plan on going down to ~205 after eating maint for a month at 225. My stomach hasn't gone past my ribcage since 240 or so (~39" waist circum, ribcage area circum is ~40", hips were ~46", neck ~17"). Those measurements have all gone down except neck which went up and ribcage which stayed the same. My waist and hips were not much smaller measurement wise at 185-195 in the past.

Yeah I am weak and fat and have poo poo posture, the fat is going down, the posture is improving, the weak is becoming less weak, and I finally get to participate in a hobby I've wanted to participate in since I was 19. Or since a child? Since I was banned from most physical activity since a very young age.
I go at 11pm-midnight and no one is waiting.

This is wonderful and I'm very proud of you (unironically, getting in shape is so hard especially after something major like surgery), I'm just making a point about calorie consumption. You're eating way, way too much. I just checked out your pics, and I really, really don't think you are 24% at 6 0 and I don't understand why you would eat at maintenance at 225 considering you are still obese at that height/weight; I would recommend a minimum of a 1000 cal deficit really. To put it in perspective, 24% at 235 is a lean mass of ~180. That means at 200 lb you'll be 10% body fat. 6 '0. . That's fuckin jacked dude, like dedicated to the gym for years from a sedentary lifestyle.. You are not 35 lbs of fat loss away from being loving jacked, no offense intended. just going by pics alone I would guess 30%+ but it's hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tolkien minority posted:

This is wonderful and I'm very proud of you (unironically, getting in shape is so hard especially after something major like surgery), I'm just making a point about calorie consumption. You're eating way, way too much. I just checked out your pics, and I really, really don't think you are 24% at 6 0 and I don't understand why you would eat at maintenance at 225 considering you are still obese at that height/weight; I would recommend a minimum of a 1000 cal deficit really. To put it in perspective, 24% at 235 is a lean mass of ~180. That means at 200 lb you'll be 10% body fat. 6 '0. . That's fuckin jacked dude, like dedicated to the gym for years from a sedentary lifestyle.. You are not 35 lbs of fat loss away from being loving jacked, no offense intended. just going by pics alone I would guess 30%+ but it's hard to tell.
I'm not fuckin jacked even if I was at 8% bf right now. I don't have much muscle at all.