Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chemtrailologist posted:

Congrats.

A couple months ago I reaggravated a 3 year old injury because I tried to do a single one. Still too fat.

I've been there. Had to lose around 30 lb before I could do 1, and a lot more to get 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Batterypowered7 posted:

I was doing my Master's up until December and I'm 36. Could just be that.
well, poo poo, nevermind

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TenementFunster posted:

well, poo poo, nevermind

No, no, they said they're 25. That's p young for the forums, I think?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Batterypowered7 posted:

No, no, they said they're 25. That's p young for the forums, I think?
practically an infant!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Friends,

Am I hitting IPF depth? Here's my squats from today:
http://i.imgur.com/s3vZhEW.gifv

And here's the IPF diagram for depth
https://imgur.com/GqlFkHB

I am ashamed of my Dr. Robotnik physique, but I want to improve it.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 16, 2023

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Doesn't look like you are but it's really hard to tell with the wide stance and black shorts.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Friends,

You're not, I don't think. Try doing a squat with just the bar and, if you can, set the pins so you'll either touch them with the bar or be very close to the if you hit IPF depth.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The wide stance is kind of an experiment, I'll try again in two days with a slightly narrower stance. Thank you for looking.

Will you make fun of me if I wear a singlet? I'm planning on doing a meet in about a month so getting to depth is important. I'm not going to "win" the meet unless I'm the only person in my weight and age division, but I want to have some official numbers early in the year, then do meets in July and December and use that to motivate myself and track progress.

Batterypowered7 posted:

You're not, I don't think. Try doing a squat with just the bar and, if you can, set the pins so you'll either touch them with the bar or be very close to the if you hit IPF depth.

I saw Jen Thompson put string through the holes of her rack, using that as a depth guide... maybe I should try that.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I can't see how someone could (legitimately) make fun of one of the few goons who actually gets on a platform. Give it another shot with your singlet on.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

gently caress the haters.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Yeah we would never. But Do it naked. Only way to know for sure.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

IPF depth is when your dilz grazes the ground.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Not related to anything above but I love behind the neck presses, I don't know if I have just the right shoulder anatomy for it but it always makes my shoulders feel incredible. I've strained a muscle a few times over the years doing regular OHP but BTN press has never let me down, it's a permanent main lift for me now. Same with trap bar deadlifts because it makes supersetting at home so much easier.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The trap bar is probably what I miss the most about exercising at a gym. I just don't want to spend the money myself, y'know?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Batterypowered7 posted:

IPF depth is when your dilz grazes the ground.

Does IPF take temperature and relative humidity into account? Because these things can vary based on environmental conditions.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Booties posted:

Does IPF take temperature and relative humidity into account? Because these things can vary based on environmental conditions.

A block with adjustable height is placed between the squatter's legs to account for temperature and relative humidity, yes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

If you've never worn, or lifted in, a singlet definitely do at least one session in it before your meet. The feedback you get from it is a bit different than shorts/Tshirt or tights or something. Last thing you want is to feel like you hit depth but didn't.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah I juuust got my Inzer singlet in the mail so next workout I'll wear that. Thanks everyone.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

What I don't miss about the gym: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ckq-CTkDSKX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Havent you heard about confusing the muscle....

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Hellblazer187 posted:

Friends,

Also, if possible, place the camera at or below hip level next time. Even if you hit depth, it's almost impossible to tell at that angle.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I can fit into the lowest notch in my lifting belt for the first time in the 5ish years I've owned it. :dance:
I'm also 4 lb heavier than November so I'm going to call the holiday bulk a rousing success.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

brought my stance in and wore my singlet for these. Now I'm pretty sure I'm hitting depth and even going beyond that a bit.
https://imgur.com/TYXNcJO

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 19, 2023

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yeah, you're good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Guyver posted:

Doesn't look like you are but it's really hard to tell with the wide stance and black shorts.

Yeah, try a video without the shorts.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Booties posted:

Yeah we would never. But Do it naked. Only way to know for sure.

e:f;b

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've been feeling like I'm not burning my chest out enough at the end of my sessions and I'm blanking on ideas. Hit me with some good chest day finishers.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Flye, Cable Flye, decline dumbbell bench 15-20 rep range, Pec Deck

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

I've been feeling like I'm not burning my chest out enough at the end of my sessions and I'm blanking on ideas. Hit me with some good chest day finishers.

Dumbbell press while lying flat on the floor?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
*incredible nerd voice* I dont like doing dumbbell flyes because the angle of resistance is not fully in line with the range of motion for maximal pec stimulus so I prefer using machines

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Just do like 200 pushups with a 45 or two on your back

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Bodyweight....? More like "Buddy, wait for someone to stop using a machine"

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
DB Flyes and (slight) incline DB bench press hit them pretty good for me.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
2-3 sets of machine fly concentrating on getting a good contraction (pause and flex in the shortened position for a moment)
2-3 sets of DB fly (or incline DB fly) pausing in the stretch position for a moment. Bend your elbows, no one cares, just get that stretch.

Or like 2 sets of DB twist press on about 60% of what you’d use for a DB bench press, making sure to go slowly and really flex the living poo poo out of your pecs on every rep. Keep a slow negative and make sure you feel it in your pecs through the whole ROM.

Add dropsets in later weeks of your training cycle.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Chemtrailologist posted:

Congrats.

A couple months ago I reaggravated a 3 year old injury because I tried to do a single one. Still too fat.

Update: 255, I can do a single chin up.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Chemtrailologist posted:

Hell yeah!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Walk in to see this today. A sacrifice for Rich Piana I suppose.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Chemtrailologist posted:

:nice:

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.
I also did a single chin up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJvZWkNXjw0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Injured something in my upper back (rhomboid?), near my right scapula. Now I can't turn my head to the right without experiencing an extremely sharp pain. This happens like two or three times a year and always takes a few days to fully clear up.