Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 0/5, Shots 4/6 (slugs)

The adrenaline is pumping through her veins now, the antarctic cold entirely forgotten. Carried by a surge of confidence, Victoire advances through the snow to try and close the gap with Greta's mount as much as she dares before having to take the shot. This whole fight would count as a loss if one of the scouts managed to get away and Victoire figured that single minded focus on taking down the monstrous mounts was the only way to turn this around.

She raises the gun as she comes to a stop, aims and squeezes the trigger.


(10:21:09) FathisMunk: !wild d10 shooting
(10:21:11) ***MadBot rolled a (1d10) with wild die for FathisMunk and got ( 8 4 ) Results: 8

(10:21:24) FathisMunk: !sw 2d10 slugs
(10:21:24) ***MadBot rolled a (2d10) for FathisMunk and got ( 14 18 ) Total: 32
(10:21:39) FathisMunk: !sw 1d6 extra damage
(10:21:40) ***MadBot rolled a (1d6) for FathisMunk and got ( 3 ) Total: 3

Total damage : 35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

From his vantage point forward of the ridge, Ronnie starts to like what he sees - in as much as the weather allows him to see anything, that is. But his buddies are getting good effect on their rounds, as best he can tell. Once the mounts go down, he figures, then it'll just be a good old-fashioned turkey shoot, with the Nazis as the turkeys. Suited him just fine.

Ordered to target the downed one, he complies - though he doesn't fire just yet, instead taking the time to carefully line it up, ready to let the LMG open up as soon as he's sure he's not going to accidentally hit one of his flanking squadmates or simply waste ammo on the ground. It was the weather's fault, of course; Ronnie's good, but the poor like and flying snow seems to him almost as good as cover for the Nazis as anything else.

Ronnie is simply going to take an Aim action targeting Hans.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry

He ducks, almost tripping over his skis as the woman opens fire on him, eyes wide and breath steaming as he has to actually make sure he's not been hit, hands patting himself down as he looks for any telltale splatters of darkness on his white parka. Its so drat cold he's not sure he'd actually feel it if he were shot, but seeing as there's no physical evidence, he decides to man up and return fire, shouldering the Enfield and taking aim as he closes.

Shaking off shaken spirit roll:
(11:34:27 AM) Oracle: !wild d8
(11:34:28 AM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 7 3 ) Results: 7
Woo. Score one for Maori constitution.

Shootin' the dude who's mount just got obliterated:
(10:50:33 PM) Oracle: !wild d6
(10:50:33 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 4 4 ) Results: 4
Hey its a hit, it counts.
(10:55:38 PM) Oracle: !sw 2d8
(10:55:39 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (2d8) for Oracle and got ( 12 5 ) Total: 17
Woo! EAT HOT LEAD NAZI

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station Approach

Fierce, frigid winds bite against bundled forms as the crackle and snap of weapon fire continues to pierce the snowy gloom in sporadic bursts. Séverine calls out over the din and continues her advance with Dicky, Ted and the others in tandem; a ways off, Maksim braces his weapon for another short burst cast against the remaining fleeing scout--shots landing, but seemingly to little effect against the enormous shaggy beast beneath the German.

Recovering from disorientation and freeing himself from the straps which bind him, the nearest of the Kriegsmarines foists a Maschinengewehr 42 free before swinging the weapon towards Harry and opening fire. "Geh' zum Teufel!" He shouts as he rattles off a burst, snow sputtering sharp gouts about the big Maori as the German trails rounds towards him.

Bracing his rifle, Joe Carter sights in dismounted rider before a sharp CRACK sounds out with his shot; the Kriegsmarine's head snaps back, shouting and shooting ceased as he topples over backwards into the deep snow in a blossom of crimson.

Further downrange, Victoire pounds her way through the snow, blood racing in her veins, before she halts and draws her shotgun's stock tight into her shoulder. Taking aim, Victoire fires--and a moment later the shotgun slug strikes the distant behemoth seemingly in the back of its skull as it rolls its head, the massive mount crumpling unceremoniously as the mounted woman screams obscenities in alarm.

Ronnie sweeps the range with his weapon readied as faint wafts of escaping heat vanish into the cold over the felled Kriegsmarine's cooling corpse. Surging forward with tenacious vigor--eyes on the last remaining scout as she disentangles herself from her slain mount; a muzzle flashes as Harry feels another round zip by him before he shoulders his Enfield and fires. CRACK! Gracelessly, the last Kriegsmarine crumples into the snow mid-stride.


Ted passed initiative, Séverine directed the squad and advanced, Dicky advanced, Maksim hit Kriegsmarine Greta's mount twice, but neither damage result was sufficient to wound the big beast. Kriegsmarine Hans recovered from being Shaken, firing at Harry with a wild burst that doesn't find its mark; afterwards, Carter shot Kriegsmarine Hans fatally.

Victoire landed a miracle shot with a slug that completely annihilated Kriegsmarine Greta's mount. Ronnie took aim, but Hans had been slain and he had no remaining targets. Kriegsmarine Greta went down with her collapsing mount and spent the round freeing herself in an attempt to flee into the snow, taking a wild shot at Harry which failed to land; Harry finished the round with a shot that finished Kriegsmarine Greta. Combat concludes.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry

He waits a moment, breathing heavily, eye keeping a bead on the downed mount and Nazi before him. Slowly he approaches, still keeping his guard up on the off chance this is some kind of feint or they're going to turn into some kind of horrible monsters like the last guys on the ship. The actual horrible monsters, get a once-over too, and he bends down and checks on Greta's pulse to make sure she's for-sure dead dead and not ready to rise up from the dead dead before calling, "Clear!" into the howling wind, lowering his rifle and waving over his head to signal visually just in case.

He starts searching the marine, her saddle, and anywhere else that could reveal any kind of radio, ammo, anything useful or that might tip off the enemy to their presence.

Searching this chick and her mount for any kind of communications devices or other things that might signal we're here or help us spy on the base/give extra ammo etc)

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

He waited in his position and looked around for any other hostiles. When he saw that there were none, he got up and began to move towards Harry and the others. As he moved, he kept his rifle ready in case anything popped up.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

She smiles underneath her balaclava at Harry's signal. The second lieutenant trudges forward to observe the looting of their enemies.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 0/5, Shots 4/6 (slugs)

"Oh putain..." She whispers under her breath, the odds to land those two shots had seemed astronomically low, but somehow it had worked out.

Victoire relaxes once Harry gives the all clear signal. She slowly trudges through the snow towards the nearest downed Nazi, beaming with pride. No one seemed to have gotten hurt in the firefight which meant she got to hold onto her medical supplies for a bit longer.

"Maybe we can take zose MG-quarante deux with us." She says as she looks down at the carcass of the strange beast. "Zey might come in 'andy when we reach the base, if only as a potential distraction to pull away some of ze guards, zese things make a lot of noise."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood

The pilots advance is slowed as the last shots ring out and the all clear is given. Although the snow is thick, he manages to see everyone is at least standing and moving. Amazing, really, that none of them had been harmed!

He trudges through the snow to Victoire and the dead Nazi and mount next to her. "drat good shot..." he says, looking down at the monstrous mount and getting a better look at it, almost closer than he would like.

It had been one thing to know the Nazis were using monsters for their own means, but he had hoped blindly that the monsters would be as hostile to the Germans as they were to them. That the monsters were simply a dangerous, uncontrollable weapon the Nazis pointed their way. But this proves that to be nothing more than a hopeful wish.

"They were bloody riding them! I mean how the hell do you tame something like that?!" he gestures with the Sten toward one of the downed mounts. "Bloody lucky we made it out of this." Not only alive, at that, but also denying the Nazis a chance to return to base and sound the alarm.

"This patrol will be expected back soon. I doubt even they stay out long in this weather. We should search them and get a move on right quick."

Slinging the Sten over his back, he bends down and helps search the body by Victoire.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

And then there's no sound but the wind.

Maksim shoulders his SMG and pushes off through the snow, gliding up to the farthest Kriegsmarine. He pulls up, just as Harry makes drat sure she's dead and shouts "Clear!". And then he notices she's, well, a she.

"Huh. That is first." Maksim undoes his ski bindings, joining Harry in his search as he talks. "I have never yet seen fascists have women on front line. Ublyudki think they have no place in factory or war, only kitchen and bed." He makes a disgusted sound. "Either fascists are learning how to count difference between their armies and ours or things are very strange down here."

Joining the search of Greta's stuff.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

That's funny. They're all down and I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

He grins, and chuckles to himself, his breath steaming as it hits the Antarctic air. As bad luck as it was that they had been spotted, they at least didn't have to worry about their position getting reported in the short-term. If they're lucky, the Germans might not even notice the missing patrol until their mission was already well advanced. After all, those...things can't be all that reliable, can they? Patrols had to go missing from time to time just on their own, with as much as Hitler's cronies were playing with Hell's own fire.

Ronnie shuffles up to the rest through the snow, though he keeps a few feet distance and an eye on the horizon in case patrols go in pairs. "We're on our own for now." Ronnie states the quite obvious. "Anything they got, we ought to use. I'll keep watch." After a moment's thought, spurred by Dicky and Maksim's comments, he offers an additional musing: "Huh. Wonder where they keep those big ol' bastards when they're not riding them around?"

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station Approach

Having put down the scouts and their monstrous mounts, the team wastes little time in closing on the felled pair to search them for anything of use. Harsh winds roil fervently in the aftermath, stinging against any exposed skin that peeks from beneath the team’s wrapped garments. With the din of combat quelled, no further assault seems to surface—at least, not immediately.

Now that a closer vantage can be gleamed, the team is able to properly assess the enormous monstrosities the scouts had ridden—veritably wooly mammoths in raw bulk, but with a tough, almost scaly hide beneath all that heavy insulating fur. Ichor and gore seeps readily from the slain beasts, a wretch-inspiring stench plentiful in the vicinity of their corpses as hot gases waft readily free from the gory ruin Victoire’s shotgun slugs had wrought.


Just a quick update for checking the bodies. Near identical, seemingly standardized gear from both scouts—so 2x of all of the following:

-Heavy arctic clothing layered with sealskin (+1 armor, though inadvisable to change clothes right now)
-Black Sun Saber with ornate hilt and black steel blade (Str+d6, +1 Parry)
-Electric Goad (Str+d8, Reach 1, can only inflict Shaken result)
-Maschinengewehr 42 (Damage 2d8, RoF 3, 30/60/120, Shots 50, Min Str d8, AP 2, Auto, Snapfire)
-P08 Luger Pistol (Damage 2d6-1, 12/24/48, Shots 7, Semi-Auto)
-StG24 Splitterring (Grenade) (Damage 3d6-2 LBT, 5/10/20)

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood

The stench of the freshly dead is near overwhelming and he pulls his scarf tighter around the lower part of his face. "I hope we don't find where they're keeping these things penned up," he says to Ronnie's comment. "Not unless we're packing some serious firepower by then, anyway."

"And I guess this explains how they tame them, somewhat." he says, holding up the electric goad.

He leaves all but one of the strange sabers for his comrades to loot, fascinated by the weapon. "Bloody hell..." he says, turning it over in his hands. "Now this is something, alright." He'd never been one for keeping trophies during the war, unlike many others and not that there was much opportunity from a cockpit, but this sword is something he might just want to keep a hold of if he can.

With the search complete, he stands back a few paces from the foul smell, although he does miss the warmth it provides. "Right, bloody good work, but let's get a move on." He waits for the rest to be ready before he starts off moving again in the direction they were heading.

Taking one of the shiny sabers.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry


"Least we know we're not compromised," he shouts over the wind as he straightens, taking one of the cattle prods and stuffing it through one of the straps of his already-loaded pack. "No comms." He squints against the wind, looking around. "Probably have maybe an hour before they're noticed missing. Let's shake a leg."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

"I agree! We were fortunate this time… lead the way," she remarks after wrinkling her nose at the stench. Séverine stands up straight and declares, "We won't let them surprise us again."

For future reference: Tactician checks Knowledge (Battle) d6 at the start of a battle to set aside action cards and grant them to allies.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

"loving Nazis and their monsters." Joe mutters. He picks up one of the machine guns and the ammo. "I'll carry one of their guns."

Except for the monsters comment, Joe makes no remarks about the Nazis mounts. The Nazis sold their souls to bring these monsters into the world, and the world will be a better place when they get killed.

Taking one of the machine guns and ammo. Also one of the grenades unless someone else takes them.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

"Seems like a bad oversight," Ronnie says, thinking aloud as he surveys. He doesn't seem much interested in the goodies; he's got his own LMG, and he seems comfortable letting the others take first pickings. "Way I see it, storms the way they are down here, they probably lose patrols all the time, or at least have 'em get off track for a while. And without radios - well, that doesn't seem to help them much." He stops to consider the implication. "Interference? Can't imagine it's them being cheap, what with everything else...maybe we'll find out. Anyway: ready when you all are."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Maksim straightens up, strapping the other saber to his pack. A good trophy... but down here? Who knows, the drat thing might actually be useful as a weapon. "All set."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 0/5, Shots 6/6 (slugs)

*brzap*

Sparks fly as Victoire activates the goad.

"Zese things must pack quite a punch if ze monstrosities can feel it through zat fur and skin." She eyes the rod warily before tossing it into the snow. "I don't guess zat we would find much use for zose though, zey do not seem deadly enough for an assault or an infiltration."

Besides, after the shots she just pulled off, she figures that her shotgun is all she'll need.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«25 »