Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«26 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


He nods grimly as the target goes down, then takes a moment to search the confines of the pillbox and its gruesome contents, seeking to find any radios, keys, keycards, codes, or anything else that may be of use once inside the base.

Going to search this place and its occupants real quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

And there's the signal.

Maksim leaps up from the snow as the sentry topples, ignoring the other sentry as he charges forward. Any second he spends worrying about them is a second they can use to get the door closed. His comrades will take care of it.

Anyone on the other side of the door, however, is his problem. As is the likelihood they'll close it remotely. But that's what all these explosives are for.

Charging at my fastest move speed to get inside the door and engage anything inside it. Number one priority is to keep them from closing it on me.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

Seeing that the sentries were alerted, Joe fires the machine gun once towards the guards. Giving his team mates some cover as they move up.

Shooting:
<Docbubonic> !wild d10
* MadBot rolled a (1d10) with wild die for Docbubonic and got ( 8 3 ) Results: 8

Damage:<Docbubonic> !roll 2d8
* MadBot rolled 2d8 for Docbubonic and got 14

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

With gunshots already ringing out in the crisp Antarctic air, Ronnie sees no reason to be particularly subtle. A single shot followed by a couple bursts could even, if they're lucky, be mistaken for a misfire and a response to a misfire before everything gets sorted out. There might not be too much of a delay, but there probably will be one, he figures.

And so Ronnie sees absolutely no reason not to conserve his own ammo and turn the Nazis' guns right back on them. He sights in the surprised and off-balance pickets out front, and lets off a quick burst from the MG mount. He might even have a chance to grab a thing or two on the way out, if the combined fire downs them quickly...

I have no idea what kind of gun they have rigged up and the bot isn't online, but it's 1d10+4 shooting thanks to the drop, firing auto for 3 shots, no recoil thanks to not moving and having Rock and Roll!. If there's time Ronnie will also quickly search the MG nest for anything that's out in mostly plain sight before he goes to regroup with the others.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Rattling crackles of machine-gun fire and the snappy retort of rifle and smaller calibers alike drop the last of the sentries as swiftly as the sortie had begun—leaving the rest of the team moving swiftly to cover ground towards the station’s sizable doors. Ahead of his fellows, Maksim arrives down the slush-strewn and heavily churned slope into Ritscher’s entrance—where the soldier spies a man in a long and heavy winter coat rushing toward a windowed booth shouting "Geschützfeuer!”

Within the booth, Maksim sees another man bathed in dull light, his face struck with a surprised expression as eye contact is made with the Soviet soldier. Beyond the grand bay doors, Maksim sees a long, broad concrete corridor leading off some forty yards towards a much larger chamber—while a second large corridor branches off along the side to his left midway down; as well, he also sees another figure in a slate gray jumpsuit running deeper into the station.

Outside, as Harry rummages through the contents of the pillbox with haste the big man unearths a radio and fishes free a small ring of keys.


Sentries decisively dispatched. Maksim is ahead of the team and has eyes on three individuals; the doors have not been engaged as of yet. Harry recovered a radio as well as keys of unknown use.

The team is free and clear to advance on the entrance to the station; given the layout, you’ve got a long haul down a broad, open corridor with no cover to speak of before arriving at the larger cavern ahead—or the adjoining side corridor midway down.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

"Let's press onward… be alert!" she urges, glancing at the nearby members of her squad. Séverine eyes the entrance for a spell before she moves to enter the facility.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood

The last of the sentries are down in no time at all, leaving the way clear into the base entrance. He reckons he should expect nothing less seeing as he is with some battle-hardened commandos. Wasting no time or opportunity and taking Séverine's advice, the pilot leaps off the ground as best he can and takes off at the fastest pace he can manage through the snow.

The Sten is kept ready in both hands, loaded and with his finger on the trigger should any Nazi or ungodly beast appear. "Let's get inside before they seal it off!"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

Seeing that the hostiles were dealt with, Joe picked up the machine gun and began to move towards the gate. The snow underfoot slowed him down, but he tried to move as fast as he could.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

"Da!" Maksim swings up his SMG. He has a split second before the man in the booth can react, and the button to close the doors is probably right in front of him. Hopefully the glass isn't bulletproof!

The barking PPSh echoes like hell in the concrete space--but one way or another, there's going to be an alarm.

[21:51] <Redeye> !wild d8
[21:51] * MadBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Redeye and got ( 4 8 ) Results: 8

[21:51] <Redeye> !roll 2d6
[21:51] * MadBot rolled 2d6 for Redeye and got 7


Shooting the booth guard, or trying to, at least. I don't think I have any way to suppress this so it's probably going to alert everything in the base.


Edit:

[15:21] <~Gaist> Redeye you got a bonus d6 of damage on the raise from your hit
[15:36] <Redeye> Oh!
[15:36] <Redeye> !roll d6
[15:36] * MadBot rolled d6 for Redeye and got 5
[15:36] <Redeye> Sweet

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at Jan 16, 2018 around 21:37

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 0/5, Shots 6/6 (slugs)

Victoire was pretty sure that they didn't really have the manpower to just waltz in the front door, but she guessed that they didn't really have many other options right now.

The outer sentries had been taken care of and if they didn't take advantage of this opportunity the base would probably go on lock down and the whole operation would become even more complicated. It was time to throw herself into la gueule du lion , the lion's jaws. She jumped up, grabbed her shotgun tightly and ran for the entry.

Running towards the door, light footed gives me some extra speed

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


He smiles grimly, pocking the keys and turning on the radio, placing it to his ear briefly to see if reception was any better this close to the base as he crouches out of the door, rifle at the ready and bayonet affixed. Seeing everyone else make for the doors, he follows suit, keeping low and erratic in his path to avoid anyone drawing a bead on him and using whatever coverage is available before passing through the double doors. Once inside, instead of continuing down the main corridor, he gestures to the side, hissing, "This way, this way!" He holds up the radio. "Who speaks Kraut?"

Figure getting off the main path is probably a good idea.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 0/5, Shots 6/6 (slugs)

She skids to a halt as Harry calls out.

"I do, what did you 'ave in mind?"

d6 German, probably a bit of an alsacian accent

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

With a little more ground to cover than the rest of them, Ronnie's in last. They'll probably seal the base soon, he figures, but in a moment everyone will be inside, and at that point they can make as much havoc as possible. And if they hold out long enough for the cavalry to arrive - why, they'll just be legends, at that point.

Just moving up, nothing fancy.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


He hands the radio to Victoire. "Monitor their transmissions, let me know if they've been alerted. If we can I want to talk them down about any alarms raised down here, call it a false alarm, whatever."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

She moves at the commando's behest. "I understand enough German to be a fallback option," she remarks on his plan.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Maksim raises his weapon as the man in the booth raises a forearm and palm—the echoing report of the shot carrying on down the concrete corridor as glass spiderwebs around bullet holes, the booth obscured as the sentry is seemingly slain. Casting a glance down after the other individual, Maksim sees no sign of them—though the rest of the team soon descends down the entryway, rendezvousing with the Soviet where he stands.

With a snap decision, the team hastens to bolt off down the side corridor, the radio Harry has on hand crackling with reports. Gunfire is referenced starkly along with questions and the quick snap of commands—while the notion of sowing disarray over radio is aired, the team can hear the distant panicked shouting of a German women from further off down the path not traveled.

Presently, there were more pressing matters for immediate attention.

Following the broad side corridor, the team arrives at an enormous paddock hedged in by a huge steel portcullis separating the corridor. Ahead, the team can see twelve immense concrete pens arranged around a stable docket where huge harness and saddle equipment can be spied. Within the pens, bathed in dark red-tinged light, are more of the mammoth monstrosities encountered with the scouting team.

A strangely metallic stench emanates from the pens—and hanging from a pair of sizable iron hooks chained and set into tracks in the ceiling above are massive slabs of whale meat. An access control panel can be seen set in the wall just before the portcullis itself—while odious, onerous sounds and smells drift free from the pens beyond.


Booth sentry is dead, while the runner beat feet. Radio chatter is trying to clarify the situation, but downplaying gunfire is going to be tricky enough before having to account for the exterior posting being wiped out. Your current course has led you to a dead end, but you are also not currently yet engaged with active opposition.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


His head jerks around as he hears screaming as someone runs, then skids to a stop in front of the paddock, cursing under his breath. More monstrosities, and here he is without his drat flamethrower. Which was outside in the snow. It'd come in drat handy in here about now. "Dead end," he observes with outward calm, reloading his rifle. "Need to get back outside, left my party favors in the boot. You all think you can take out Screamin' Mimi back there while I do that? Aces." He nods to Ronnie, heading back the way they came and keeping low and his rifle ready.

Well poo poo I forgot my sled fulla goodies, let's see if I can't fetch it and have some real fun before reinforcements arrive. I'm runnin' as fast as caution'll let me to the sled I just trekked all the way here with and bringin' it in.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

"We could release those monsters with that," she points to the access panel before continuing to speak, "Then we'd confuse their cause for alarm. If we can do it smartly, anyway."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood

He beats feet with the others, sweating under his winter clothes now they are out of the direct cold weather. The screams from beyond make his heart beat more as it promises coming reinforcements.

"We're at a dead end?" he says, looking quickly around the room and trying to avoid lingering on the penned in monsters for too long. "We could..." he responds to Séverine. "But we're between them and Jerry so we'll just have them at our heels."

When Harry runs back, Dicky looks to Ronnie. "Big man's right, that screaming harpy is going to cause more trouble for us." He hoists his Sten into a better grip to punctuate his sentence. "Shall we?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

"Looks like we're gonna have to go the other way." Joe leans the machine gun on his shoulders. "And if we were to set these things loose, we should make sure we're behind them instead of in front of them. Let them take the jerrys' bullets before us."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

"Time we run 'em down, I'm sure half the base will have heard her," Ronnie says, almost disaapointed, but he straightens and lifts his Johnson LMG all the same. To Dicky, he nods. "We can at least have a nice little peek down that corridor, see if there's anything we need to worry about." Taking a hand off to point at the beasties, he adds, "You know, while we figure out how we can use these damned things against their buddies, that is."

I guess AV and I are going to see if we can run down the runner? And if not, at least scout out that other hallway.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Hauling himself bodily as boots clap concrete, Harry moves with purpose to round the corner of the corridor and bolt back through the open bay doors—the cold striking harshly against the big man’s bundled up form as he bounds. Sighting the sled and its assorted ordinance, Harry works to begin hauling it up the slope past reddened snow and steaming, cooling corpses—cresting the ridge in time to spy Ronnie and Dicky making their way deeper into the station.

Doubling back from the grotesqueries in their pens, Dicky and Ronnie hasten in pursuit of the fleeing woman—but upon arriving at the cusp of the deeper passageway, search for her. Instead of a small supply station, the men find themselves faced with the precipice of a positively enormous subterranean facility sprawling the span of a massive cavern under the snow, stone and tundra above.

Most prominently, the pair can see a fully functional dockyard far beyond the capacity of a sub pen alone—although the stations for sizable submarines can be glimpsed across the broad channel of icy waters within the cavern. Full-on warehouses line the backsplash of the docks, coupled with concrete structures which appear to be garrisons suitable for housing countless personnel.

Along the upper reaches of the cavern, Dicky and Ronnie can see catwalks and other concrete structures overlooking the complex—while colossal blast doors and matching mechanisms by which to raise and lower them can be seen built into the foundation of the rocky shelves as well.

Several towering loading cranes are stationed along the span of those same such docks capable of handling vast quantities of cargo and supplies—and far off Ronnie is certain he spied 406mm shells—Adolfkanone ordinance. It is, in this instant, abundantly clear to the men: Ritscher Station was no mere supply depot, but instead one of the most formidable fortresses either man has ever seen.

And the Allied fleet was en route to its doorstep.

Now some distance ahead, the German operator can be seen running towards a large, squat, concrete structure that appears almost bunker-like—positioned between the entryway corridor and the broader cavern and facilities. Dicky and Ronnie are able to discern it to be a sizable guardhouse, more likely than not—the only saving grace, however short-lived it was liable to be, that the cavern seems to be quite noisy with the movement of dozens of vehicles and well over a hundred visible personnel.


While it was already suspected that Ritscher was more than it appeared, what you have now seen vastly outstrips the expectations of the Allied forces on their way to engage in the assault. Ronnie and Dicky have spotted 406mm shells among the massive facility’s contents—by which they can readily infer that Ritscher has serious anti-naval firepower at its disposal.

It’s difficult to assess the full scope of the facility, as there seem to be several areas where it branches off back into the rock itself besides the main cavern. That being said, you have identified three full-sized warehouses, a fully operational dock with four motorized steel cranes and numerous cargo trucks, a large concrete bunker-like structure that appears to be a guardhouse, as well as numerous workshops and other structures.

Within the cavern and dock area in general, it is well-illuminated by arc lamps in overhead gantries—so you can assess that it will be difficult to sneak around out there. From a glance, security appears to be very tight, the fleeing shouting operator likely not helping in such—with visible pairs of guards on apparent patrol. You’ve also seen vehicle hangars with everything from assault snowmobiles to Panzer III and IV and StuG tanks.

In a small mote of short-lived reprieve, the facility is quite noisy currently—unfortunately, it’s due to the movement of numerous vehicles and well over a hundred visible German personnel and soldiers in the main cavern alone.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

"I think this is possible," the Russian concurs, pointing at the slabs of meat. "They look terrible, yes. But if they are rideable, they must be controllable. We face them where we want them to go with meat." He moves over to the control panel, trying to apply his rudimentary German to figure out which levers control the gates and hooks. "Chyort, perhaps we could ride them!"

General plan is to lower the meat, maneuver the beasts into position, and then drive them down the narrow corridors into the center of the base. Alternately we could use them as mounts ourselves, but that probably requires skills none of us have.
It would be cool as hell though.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

She eyes her remaining comrades and continues the conversation, "Manahi grabbed a prod… that and the meat should work for those beasts." A pause. "I doubt we could ride it into combat without training. It'd only be a risk worth taking if we needed to retreat," she soon divulges her opinion.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

"Guess they would work, but we might want to make sure all of us are behind the stampede."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

He's baffled by the sheer size of the place, coming to a standstill in his run. No simple supply base, indeed. This is the sort of place used to launch an invasion. And here they were smack bang in the centre of it.

"Jesus Christ," he whispers under his breath. Making it out of here alive seems to be getting less and less likely by the minute.

Up ahead he spots their runaway nearly at the guardhouse, screaming like a drat banshee. He's no good shot with the Sten in his hands and he doubts even the noise of the caverns movements will muffle his poorly aimed shots. The Commando to his side is no doubt a better shot though...

"There she is," he says to Ronnie, pointing out the running figure. "Shoot or leg it back. It's up to you, chap!"

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


Harry legs it, double time, cursing himself for forgetting the gear before abandoning the self-recrimination as counterproductive. He just hauls rear end, then hauls sled, back up past the corpses and to the and through the gate, still open and unguarded. Fair enough. He pauses inside, donning the flamethrower and adjusting it on his shoulders, considering as he thinks about their options. Trudging up next to Ronnie and Dicky, his eyebrow raises at the sight of the huge base. "Crikey," he comments quietly, shifting the weight on his back. "That's a piece of work cut out for us here, then, innit?" He nods to himself, glancing at Ronnie, then turns to Dickie. "Right. Let's go." He claps the man on the shoulder.

"We're bloody outnumbered, mates, and we've got our guys sailing into a meatgrinder unknowin', so here's my two pence: we're gonna free those monsters an' we're gonna set their furry asses a'fire, herd'm on down towards that ordinance, there, and basically cause as much of a bloody ruckus as we might before we're discovered, yeah?" Harry, at least, seems under no illusions as to whether that's an if or a when. He turns and heads back down towards the tapu critters, not realizing much the same idea has occurred to his comrades.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

"Well, we ain't gettin' all of them in one go, that's for sure..."

He eyes the distance, then shakes his head at Dicky. "It's a poo poo shot from here, if I'm being honest, and it ain't like they didn't already raise the alarm from here. It don't matter. What does matter is those big guns." Turning around as Harry rolls up, Ronnie listens before nodding in agreement. "We could bait a few squads into a hallway and spray 'em, but you're right; we gotta be more creative if we wanna get 'em all."

As Harry turns to leave, Ronnie prepares to head back as well. "C'mon, Dicky. Let's help them set the distraction. Once they're running around dealing with those...maybe we can find a way to spike those guns before they start tearing the landing zones to pieces."

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Ratcheting rattling clanking sounds as the pens to the supernatural grotesqueries are entered—that central staging chamber slung with the equipment and gristle-smeared utensils of necessity keepers unseen required. While a notion of mounting up aboard the weapon-readied saddles does cross the table of options, the team elects instead to focus on ultimately turning the monstrosities loose to sow whatever pandemonium they could. Tensions mounted, adrenaline still bristling, chains jostle away as great slabs of meat of indeterminable origin are lowered—the caged creatures growing piqued at what must be familiar feeding time.

Ronnie and Harry move in tandem for the last preparation before levers are swung with decisive force—and as the containment pens open reinforced portals of cold iron, the team is left with a moment of uncertainty enough to make hearts skip a beat as enormous beasts lumber free so near to the strike team’s own predominately meat-based forms. Crunching, squelching and tearing tissue fills the air with odious aromas and unsettling sounds. Then, with a sizzling hiss, heat blossoms and flames pour out before pandemonium blooms.

Horrible wails echo as the grotesque mammoths rail and thrash—the heavy thudding of devastating footfalls setting a dangerous clamor in the staging area. A bucking behemoth kicks out with force enough that the concrete at Harry’s flank cracks, the big Maori narrowly missed by the inflamed blow—and as the rest of the team takes cover, a thunderous and calamitous charge spills force down the access corridor away from the carnage of the pens.

At the far end of the passage, a pair of arctic soldiers round the corner in time to spy the madness heading their way. One of the men scrambles to bolt back around the corner in time—but the other, transfixed in shock, is foisted up in a furl of a mammoth’s tentacled muzzle before loosing a shrill scream as viscera is splattered along the wall and ceiling.

Alarms, whether already set in motion from the earlier sighting or now resultant from the beasts loose, flood the station. Shouting can be heard, along with the swelling staccato of crackling gunfire from further in the base. Some of the bests veer right, stumbling their way towards the exit of Ritscher Station—while others, veer left, enraged and inflamed as they barrel towards the base beyond.


Far, far, far, far later than I would have liked, but here’s an update—and the daunting results of your daring plan. Not all of the beasts went into the base, as some made a run for the freedom outside—but you’ve certainly created a distraction of some magnitude.

Harry narrowly avoided getting splattered; the others were assumed to wisely take cover as quickly as possible and staying well out of the way of the beasts. Folks will need to make a test against the sight of the gruesome end the soldier endured—but other than that, anyone’s who’s still aboard is free to act again.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

Joe looked on as the herd stampeded ahead. He didn't wait long before taking advantage of the chaos and to follow them. Neither the smell of the beasts nor the horrific injuries they inflicted on the Nazis bothered him much. This was just another horror in a war filled with them.

"Come on. We got our distraction, time to move." He urged his fellow soldiers.

Rifle ready, he started to move further into the base.

Joe has the Blood and Guts advantage, so this is one roll he doesn't have to make.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


His eyes widen as he zigs instead of zags, looking at the cracked concrete before with one disbelieving shake of his head he begins to follow in the wake of the beasts, adding a blast of flame or two to make sure most of them at least head in the direction he wishes. The cacophony is more than he could have hoped for, and he falls in step beside Joe, face grim except for a strange light in his eyes as he marches in the wake of the destruction the fell beasts have wrought. "So, about them big guns then..."
Oracle: !wild 1d8+2
(11:14:54 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d8+2) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 7 6 ) Results: 7

Oracle fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 04:15

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

She sets her jaw at the soldier's grisly end. "I concur. We can't waste this chance," she responds to the squad before moving forward to join them.

Nausea check: * MadBot rolled a (1d10+2) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 10 6 ) Results: 10

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Maksim lets out a roar of delight at the stampede, only momentarily dimmed by the sight of the smashed soldier. "Euch. Bad way to go." He shakes his head. "Fast, though. Better than fascists deserve! Now they are definitely distracted--we must move, srochno!" He hefts his submachine gun, and takes off in hot pursuit of the herd.

Moving at full speed in the general direction of deeper into the base. Madbot rolled D8+2 on the Nausea and got (8 6) for 8, a pass.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at Jun 9, 2018 around 05:34

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

Ronnie seems only vaguely concerned by both the beasties and the evisceration of one of the guards. There's gonna be more of that, he's drat sure. As long as they don't hit any of his buddies - and they have not, though barely - it's fine by him. "If we move quick, might be those things will give us some cover and not just a distraction," Ronnie suggests as they move out. "Close, but, y'know...not too close." Any advantage when this outnumbered is a big one; his M1941 was another one, and he gives it a quick once-over as he goes.

[12:54] <FractionJackson> !wild 1d8+2 spirit
[12:54] * MadBot rolled a (1d8+2) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 8 5 ) Results: 8

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

He grimaces at the stampede and death caused by the rampaging monstrosities. It's an ugly sight but, sadly for him, ugly sights are becoming the norm these days.

"Best distraction I've ever seen..." he says to the others. He then checks his gun for what must surely be the thousandth time and makes his way along with the others. They were right; this distraction would only be good for a limited time and now they had to move.

!wild d8+2
* MadBot rolled a (1d8+2) with wild die for Gaist and got ( 9 7 ) Results: 9

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Rendezvousing, the assault team rounds the concrete corridor into the bay of the station beyond—pandemonium carried out by the abominable pachyderms trampling a path down towards the dockyards and water beyond. With a moment to take stock, the team can spy dozens, if not hundreds of personnel across the span of the enormous subterranean station—many of whom appear to be wearing weatherized jumpsuits, coveralls and other worker apparel as they had, until moments prior, been operating cranes, forklifts and other assignments.

Directly ahead of the team sits a largely featureless concrete structure set into the open among the cavern beyond; from it, six infantry have set out rushing after the loosed monsters as two more rush inside past whence they came. Spread far to the left, the team can spy warehouses along with concrete structures—garrisons, seemingly, suitable for countless personnel. Beyond that, the cavern seems to continue for quite a span as the water trails deeper into the arctic terrain.

Looking to the right, the team can see more of the facility spread along the upper reaches of the cavern: catwalks and other concrete structures overlooking the complex, the largest of which features a large spanning window to oversee activities below with a large spiral staircase leading to the bay beneath it. Further along the cavern walls to the right colossal blast doors can be seen built into the rock face of the approach.

Passage to the opposite side of the cavern does not seem readily apparent, apart from the exposed catwalks—but they appear to continue on into further concealed structures on the opposite side of the bay.

Alarms begin to sound over loudspeakers above, signaling a station-wide alert—but with a moment’s passage it seems evident to signify more than just monsters running amok.


So for a refresher recap, you have identified three full-sized warehouses, a fully operational dock with four motorized steel cranes and numerous cargo trucks, a large concrete bunker-like structure that appears to be a guardhouse, as well as numerous workshops and other structures. You can see that there are a lot of people in the station, and a great many of them appear to be non-combatants as well.

It’s difficult to ascertain the full spread of the base beyond recognizing that there are numerous structures built into + leading into the actual rock surrounding the cavern, so it is reasonable to conclude that the base probably honeycombs beyond what you can see. At the moment, you’re still under element of surprise, though there’s no telling how long that will last.

Going by the loudspeaker chatter, it would seem the base is readying to rebuke the Allied forces on the approach, however.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 0/5, Shots 6/6 (slugs)

Chaos breaks loose as the beasts rush forward and Victoire finds herself anxiously looking around after their passage. Luckily the others seem fine and the only mangled remains around used to be Nazi. Unfazed she rushes after her companions into the main space of the cave.

"Zose windows up zere," Victoire points towards the view bay overlooking the base, "must be some kind of command or communication central. If we could get up zere we could probably disrupt zeir operations. Alternatively we might find something to take it out from down here. Some Panzerfaust would be nice right now"

Late spirit test
(20:32:39) Fathis_Munk: !wild d8
(20:32:40) ***MadBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Fathis_Munk and got ( 3 13 ) Results: 13

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

"Command would be an ideal target." She purses her lips underneath the balaclava before glancing from Victoire to the others. "We can't let this early success get to our heads… let's proceed with caution to this central location, gentlemen."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Maksim listens to the intercom chatter, mouthing the German silently, and then his face turns grim. "We are on clock. They have spotted invasion fleet. We need to find fire control center."

[20:54] <Redeye> !wild 1d8
[20:54] * MadBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Redeye and got ( 29 16 ) Results: 16
[20:54] <Redeye> WELL THEN.


Rolling Notice. I'm looking for the fastest way to any sort of control center, preferably one that controls the shore defenses.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2018 around 02:20

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«26 »