Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«27 »
  • Post
  • Reply
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

"Yeah, no C and C means they ain't gonna be firing anything." He readies to follow the others to the likeliest location for a command location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


He follows, bringing up the rear, keeping an eye on their six. No need to be snuck up on in all the chaos after all. Taking in the chaos he allows himself one grim smile, the nods. "C&C, right?" he agrees, glancing at Ronnie. "We get'm settled up there nice an' tight then you and I go make some noise, yeah?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

"Sounds like the best place," he says in agreement to the other's plan. "Either take control or blow the bugger up! Let's get moving and keep the chaos going." He follows suit and heads for the command centre.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Victoire's direction brings the team to identify the stairway leading up into the suspended structure overlooking the cavern--and with the chaos unfolding across the span of the docks and warehouses, a trio of uniformed soldiers are spied making off of the stairs. By best estimations, the chamber above performs functions on at least some measure of operational oversight. Proceeding ahead with haste, the commandos and team en tow hustle to ascend the stairwell in the wake of the soldiers--with Ronnie in the lead and Harry bringing up the rear, ready and wary.

First to crest the landing, Ronnie emerges at the end of what appears to be a sizable, theater-style chamber oriented around the immense window overlooking Ristcher Station's interior cavern complex. Several dozen men and women in warm office attire are spied entering and emerging from numerous adjoining offices and briefing rooms, while several more individuals pore over paperwork and files around a central staging area. Off to one side, Ronnie spies another group who appears to be systematically feeding documents into an incinerator as a pair of uniformed soldiers observe.

A young German man wearing suspenders and a bowtie stands nearest to the door, goggling wide-eyed at Ronnie as he grips a coffee pot.


Gauging by the general direction of the group, presumed the team advanced up the stairs after speculation of identifying some nature of command structure. Ronnie's at the front, Harry's at the rear, most of the team is on standby in the stairwell. You appear to have arrived at some sort of operations or logistics center.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

The second lieutenant holds her submachine gun close as she stands at the ready. Séverine squints at the point of ingress taken by their commando duo before scanning her surroundings.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

He gripped his rifle while waiting for a signal from Ronnie. It was only a matter of time before the shooting started.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


Harry keeps an eye on the three soldiers as they move, nodding when it appears they haven't been spotted. He motions to the Germans burning paper to draw others' eyes, muttering, "Evidence that yeah?" War crimes or other actionable intelligence might be useful. He mutters just loud enough to be heard over the din, "Should just plant explosives and take this whole office down."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Smirnov is a little boggled at the size of the command center. It was what he imagined SMERSH must look like, but buried under the ice at the bottom of the world.

His eyes settle on the poor German pencil-pusher, with a god-damned bowtie no less! He raises his submachine gun, nodding slowly, before gesturing with it for the man to come over to them. The alternative is fairly self-evident.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

Dicky follows up and stands still at the entrance, gun out and pointed directly at the bowtie-wearing man. He presses a finger to his lips, indicating that it would be in the man's immanent best interest to remain quiet. He waits for Ronnie to make a move, the man clearly being the expert on how to handle this situation.

"Right. Best get whatever they haven't burned yet." he says loud enough for Harry to hear as he looks to the men burning papers.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Maksim’s threatening command coupled with Dicky and the rest of the commando force more than halts the center’s office worker—but he seems to cow to the life-or-death intimidation, closing the distance to the team with coffee pot still in hand. Nearby, a radio message crackles in German—and the speakers of such can readily recognize it for what it is: indication that an approaching threat of significance was known and the personnel of Ritscher Station were preparing to meet it.


Apologies gang—I know long delays are par for the course, I had mentally filed that I was waiting for a FractionJackson reply and it fell by the far wayside.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


"Copy that," mutters Harry, noting the coffee-pot toting man seems to be complying and leaving him for Ronnie if he doesn't, making his way casually over to the men burning papers so as not to alarm them overmuch. They are so intent on their work, after all. Still, his bayonet finds its way into his hand as he moves, holding it down by his leg to avoid any alarm before grabbing the nearest man from behind and adding a second mouth to his neck.

Gonna take care of these fire guys real quick. Let me know what to roll re: element of surprise and all that.

Oracle fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2018 around 14:20

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

As he gauged the scene, Joe figured out the biggest targets in the room. Seeing the armed soldiers standing next to the paper shredders, he knew they posed the biggest threat here. He made his way towards them with his rifle at the ready.

Give me a heads up on my options here and what I need to roll.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

She moves with her squad while directing their formation with simple hand signals. The officer continues to scan the vicinity as she formulates a plan of engagement.

Knowledge (Battle) for the Tactician advantage if necessary: * MadBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 2 2 ) Results: 2

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Maksim can't stop grinning at the ludicrousness of it all. He sort of hopes it's disarming, as he puts his badly rusty German to use. "Hello, Fritz. We will have questions, in a moment. Please to move out of the way, and cover." He eyes the pot, and takes an appreciative sniff. "And, uh, hold onto that. Smells good." It has already been far too long since he's had good coffee.

Maksim is going to follow the group's lead into combat, while keeping fairly close to Fritz here to make sure he doesn't do a runner.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

The pilot moves forward, gun up and ready, to back up Harry. When all eyes undoubtedly get turned onto them, he makes ready to keep his gun aimed on any armed individual who might not be covered by his allies.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 0/5, Shots 6/6 (slugs)

Seeing Harry move off towards the incinerator, Victoire does her best to follow him without raising too much of an alarm. As she sees the bayonet come into play, she tenses up and eyes the armed soldiers. She prepares to snap up her shotgun and blast the first one to react away.

Ugh I'm the worst, I keep telling myself I need to post and then I keep forgetting.
Anyways, Vic has d10 stealth (though I am not entirely sure that would apply here) and d10 shooting.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Bot's up, just need stealth checks for folks to see if you get the drop; there's a whole lot going on in this room. Then we'll get cracking with the chaos. As an aside, need Harry's sheet re-linked somewhere, I lost the recruit threat repository during a PC rebuild.

Edit: Hoo boy, Harry and Vic got some great rolls. Spooling up stuff.

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2018 around 14:13

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

No sooner is the man toting the coffee pot within the near custody of Maksim than Harry takes the lead into decisive violent action—and the first of the attendants at the incineration happens a glance in time to see the big Maori coming. Chaos unfolds in an instant of surprise—eyes widening as a shout rises to the man’s lips at the commando bearing down on him, bayonet already at the lethal ready as the soldier scrambles to drop papers and reach for his slung weapon.

CRACK! Victoire’s shotgun tears into the second soldier attending the incineration before he’s even noticed the approach, struck squarely in the sternum and sending a backsplash of crimson and gore against the wall behind him as the slug connects and veritably obliterates the soldier’s innards—while the men and women who had been burning documents are splattered with the collateral viscera, struck with shock.

Harry’s target manages a shout of alarm that serves little need with the shotgun’s report nearby—and though he’d spotted Harry on the approach, his reaction is too slow to halt the inevitable: whether accounting to zealous enthusiasm or raw strength, Harry’s bayonet is brought to bear with brutal enough efficacy that the soldier is very nearly beheaded before crumpling backwards into the burning documents—sending cinders showering and flames spilling out into the room.

Screams and shouts flood the room as the cacophony grows, wide-eyed faces and terrified non-combatants sent into abrupt and decisive panic, scrambling every which way. To the left, the team sees several men and women shove through a pair of double doors revealing a long corridor beyond—as well as a pair of stationed soldiers moving to enter the chamber in response to the commotion and gunfire. To the right, another pair of doors burst open as staff scramble for any egress they can—revealing another soldier and, more worryingly, what appears to be a barracks beyond.

By Maksim, the man with the coffee blurts “Töte mich nicht!” and cowers behind the pitcher.


Victoire managed to beat the notice and got the drop with her shotgun and absolutely annihilated one of the soldiers on incineration oversight; Harry was spotted, but killed the other soldier before it mattered overly much. We’re now dealt in and in the thick of it.

Initiative order: Carter RJ -> Dicky AC -> Harry QC -> Soldiers 10H -> Maksim 9C -> Ronnie 7H -> Severine 6H -> Victoire 4D

For mental cartography, you entered at south side of the chamber; at the west there are double doors leading to a long corridor, where two stationed soldiers have just turned in from. To the east, double doors lead into what appears to be a barracks where another soldier has turned in to see what’s going on.

Harry basically went across the room to the north side where the document burning was taking place, so he’s presently out in the open—relatively speaking. There is a LOT of collateral cover at the moment between noncombatants and office setup in the way. At this time, firearm collateral is full swing—missed shots will be assumed to hit noncombatants in the scramble.

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2018 around 15:09

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


The shotgun blast causes him to flinch, briefly, glancing at Victoire with a raised eyebrow then nodding with approval as he sees the results of her handiwork. So much for the element of surprise. He moves, grabs, and strikes, the old familiar action of slitting a man's throat like riding a bike. A particularly gruesome bike. He turns to the next nearest as the man falls, a grim smile on his face as he just keeps moving, like a conductor punching tickets on a train, all with a casual efficiency of a job done dozens of times.

The blade is casually wiped on the white of his snow camo, leaving a streak of dark red and steaming slightly in the cold air. He sheathes it and brings his flamethrower to bear, heading towards the crowded corridor where the enemy flees.

The running is expected, the chaos is welcomed, and though he's wide open he trusts any threats his colleagues miss will do more harm to their own side in the scrum.

Why yes, I am going to do what you think I'm going to do. War is hell, and what's hell without a little fire and brimstone?

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

He flinches as the shotgun blast roars and deafens his ears. And with it goes any chance of staying unnoticed for good. Shame really, for he thought they had been doing rather well so far. Harry's casual dispatching is watched with a mix of fear and wonderment, as he silently thanks the Lord that the giant man is on their side.

With the Maori monster taking care of any hostilites on his side, Dicky turns instead to the other direction people are fleeing in. He ducks behind any suitable cover nearby and brings his Sten up to aim, waiting for as clear a shot as he can get at the first soldier to aim their own weapon or come moving in their direction.

Ducking into cover and firing upon any solider I can see! Shooting d8.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

For whatever reason, Ronnie had frozen when they entered the room, holding the Johnson gun high, but not aiming, almost unblinking. Perhaps he had been experiencing a brief moment of pity for what was about to happen. Perhaps, instead, he'd merely been so shocked at the fish-in-a-barrel that they were about to start shooting - the extent to which they had a roomful dead to rights. Or, shortly, simply dead.

But as Vic and Harry kick things off, Ronnie breaks out of whatever reverie he was in. "Hell yeah," he growls, swiveling around, bringing the gun up to firing height but standing his ground. He sights the reinforcements quickly thereafter. He sights some noncoms in the way too, but...well, he doesn't seem particularly worried about that as the gun opens up with a roar and the indiscriminate firing of bullets.


[15:34] <FractionJackson> !sw 1d10
[15:34] * MadBot rolled a (1d10) for FractionJackson and got ( 17 ) Total: 17
[15:34] <FractionJackson> !sw 1d10
[15:34] * MadBot rolled a (1d10) for FractionJackson and got ( 9 ) Total: 9
[15:34] <FractionJackson> !sw 1d10
[15:34] * MadBot rolled a (1d10) for FractionJackson and got ( 16 ) Total: 16
[15:34] <FractionJackson> !sw 1d6
[15:34] * MadBot rolled a (1d6) for FractionJackson and got ( 5 ) Total: 5
[15:34] <FractionJackson> great scott

[16:39] <FractionJackson> !sw 2d8
[16:39] * MadBot rolled a (2d8) for FractionJackson and got ( 2 6 ) Total: 8
[16:39] <FractionJackson> !sw 1d6
[16:39] * MadBot rolled a (1d6) for FractionJackson and got ( 1 ) Total: 1
[16:39] <FractionJackson> !sw 2d8
[16:39] * MadBot rolled a (2d8) for FractionJackson and got ( 3 14 ) Total: 17
[16:39] <FractionJackson> !sw 1d6
[16:39] * MadBot rolled a (1d6) for FractionJackson and got ( 3 ) Total: 3
[16:39] <FractionJackson> !sw 2d8
[16:39] * MadBot rolled a (2d8) for FractionJackson and got ( 4 7 ) Total: 11
[16:39] <FractionJackson> !sw 1d6
[16:39] * MadBot rolled a (1d6) for FractionJackson and got ( 2 ) Total: 2
[16:39] <FractionJackson> 9 20 13

Holding still and firing full auto (no recoil thanks to Rock and Roll!. 9 rounds expended. Assigning one hit to each of the troopers in range. If one or more of them is blocked from Ronnie's LOS put those shots into whatever Nazis might be in the way. Ronnie ain't picky.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at Oct 3, 2018 around 23:39

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

Séverine only rapidly glances about the ensuing fracas. She maneuvers into cover while trying to remain within earshot of her squad. "Protect our advance; covering fire!" she shouts and pops a shot at the nearest armed target.

Can grant a free benny to an ally! Use it if you need it!
Sten Mk.I-V Submachine Gun d6 (2d6+1, 12/24/48, RoF 3, Shots 32, AP 1, Auto): * MadBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 10 2 ) Results: 10; * MadBot rolled a (2d6+1) for Razeam and got ( 1 1 ) Total: 3

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

Hearing the shotgun go off, Joe is temporarily startled. He quickly regains his senses and points the German machine gun towards the barracks doors. He then pulls the trigger on the gun and lets loose.

Suppressive fire towards the barracks doors.

Maschinengewehr 42 (Damage 2d8, RoF 3, 30/60/120, Shots 50, Min Str d8, AP 2, Auto, Snapfire)

<Doc_bubonic> !wild d10-2
* MadBot rolled a (1d10-2) with wild die for Doc_bubonic and got ( 5 2 ) Results: 5
<Doc_bubonic> !wild 2d10-1
* MadBot rolled a (2d10-1) with wild die for Doc_bubonic and got ( 3 4 1 ) Results: 3 4

(Forgot how to roll, so one wild roll doesn't count)

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

A rattle of gunfire sounds loudly as Carter levels suppressive fire at the barracks doorway with a swift swivel of attention, clipping the vicinity with errant munitions which brings several of the noncombatants to hit the deck; the first soldier on the scene from the barracks manages to find cover among filing cabinets, avoiding the incoming fire’s effects—though it’s hard to say at a glance in the chaos just how many of the station’s infantry were being dissuaded in the barracks proper.

Bracing over top of the cabinets, the soldier levels an MP38 and shouts as he opens return fire towards Carter and the others—a round grazing past Dicky’s shoulder while another strikes Carter before stray fire catches a young German man in a button-up shirt, sending him crumpling to the floor with a blossom of crimson on white. Two more soldiers make the gambit from the barracks into the room, nearly diving as they make their way for some semblance of cover under the suppressive fire.

On the opposite end of the room, Dicky’s shot is leveled against one of the pair of soldiers arriving from the corridor—striking the man center mass and dropping him promptly mid-stride. As Harry marches on the corridor and works to ready his flamethrower, the remaining German soldier moves to cover before opening fire on the commando—a sizable target to lay into despite the chaos as he peppers the big man with a burst.

Meanwhile, Ronnie brings his weapon to an eruption of automatic fire largely indiscriminate as he seeks to put down enemy soldiers—a pair of office workers going down when they fail to find their way out of the line of fire in time while the commando lands rounds against the soldier nearest the corridor in kind.


Carter succeeded in putting down suppressive fire; the first soldier on the scene on the receiving end of such made his Spirit check to avoid being shaken or injured—and once his initiative came around, he sought cover to return fire. Dicky’s shot landed against one of the pair of soldiers arriving from the corridor and proved lethal, downing the man with precisely enough damage necessary.

Barracks soldier returned fire on Carter and Dicky, landing two hits for 9 damage to Carter and 1 damage to Dicky and killing a noncombatant with a third stray shot. Insufficient damage to phase Dicky, but Carter has a hit and a raise for a potential wound coming in. On soldier initiative two soldiers braved the suppressive fire to enter the fray; both were shaken and driven behind cover, unable to fire this round.

Remaining corridor soldier moved to cover and opened automatic fire on Harry with three hits and a total of 15 damage; because Harry is enormously tough, that’s still only one raise for one potential wound, but a wound nevertheless—up to Oracle if you want to try to soak it, Séverine has made a Benny available on the float for the team.

Taking us to the other side of initiative past the soldiers, Maksim and Victoire are up in the queue and Severine and Ronnie’s actions go off. Ronnie got several hits but needs to roll damage. Severine is still due a damage raise, which will determine whether or not her shot is a wound.

Initiative order: Harry AS -> Severine JD -> Victoire 9S -> Maksim 7H -> Dicky 7D -> Carter 6D -> Soldiers 4D -> Ronnie 2C

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi

Harry will be spending the group bennie to soak that wound and remove that shaken
(11:24:15 PM) Oracle: !wild d10
(11:24:16 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d10) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 6 1 ) Results: 6
Good enough for government work


The big Maori grimaces at the gunfire, snarling as if his sheer presence alone can force the bullets to bounce off him. Perhaps it can. Moving forward and raising the nozzle on the Lifebuoy Mk II he lets fly a bloodcurdling scream along with a gout of flame.

(11:38:37 PM) Oracle: !wild d6
(11:38:39 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 5 3 ) Results: 5
(11:38:43 PM) Oracle: sigh
(11:38:49 PM) Oracle: some day I'll get a raise again on an attack roll
(11:38:58 PM) Oracle: !sw 2d10
(11:39:00 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (2d10) for Oracle and got ( 15 9 ) Total: 24


The corridor and any within are wreathed in fire, the reflection of which shines in gleeful eyes at the destruction wrought against the Reich. That's one entry route covered, a little more bedlam to cover for the boys coming from the blue. His eyes bulge, his tongue protrudes, and he moves to his next target.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Séverine Gascoigne

She levels her gun above cover at the soldier wielding an MP38. After squeezing the trigger, she finds her gaze momentarily drawn to the fiery corridor. The officer sets her jaw before hunkering back down.

Missing damage Raise roll: * MadBot rolled a (1d6) for Razeam and got ( 5 ) Total: 5
Sten Mk.I-V Submachine Gun d6 (2d6+1, 12/24/48, RoF 3, Shots 32, AP 1, Auto): * MadBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 3 4 ) Results: 4

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Well, here we go! Maksim marvels that they managed to make it this far. He has his PPsH, but finds himself more concerned with that doorway. Certainly they don't need reinforcements coming in here.

Fortunately, he came armed with solutions to that problem. Five of them. He pulls one of the simpler ones off his webbing--an object the size and shape of a soda can, with an unmistakable pin coming out of the top. He rips the pin from the RG-42 with a ping, and sends it arcing beautifully into the doorway across the room.

He can't stop grinning.

01:01 Redeye !roll 1e6
01:01 MadBot rolled 1e6 for Redeye and got 4
01:01 Redeye Well, that's a successful throw, barely. I think.
01:01 Redeye !roll 3d6+2
01:01 MadBot rolled 3d6+2 for Redeye and got 15


That's a frag grenade, blast template Medium.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Squaring off before the trailing corridor from the office center, Harry levels the nozzle of his flamethrower and looses a billowing spread of fire to engulf the men and women fleeing the scene, screams of terror and agony loudly filling the air along the sharp crackling and popping of burning flesh. Harry’s handiwork is gruesome, the sight and smell of which are brought into focus for the assembled team as more than a dozen noncombatants stagger, scramble and drop before one fire-wreathed man crashes through a plate glass window overlooking the cavern, plummeting down to impact with the concrete below a few feet shy of the icy waters.

Séverine’s shot clips the soldier with the MP38 through the throat, sending the man crumpling with a gurgling death rattle out of sight behind the office furnishings and sending paperwork scattering from a nearby desk. Meanwhile, Maksim’s lobbed grenade bounces through the doorway into the adjoining barracks, prompting the frantic shouting of ”Granate! Granate!” before an explosive report sounds moments later, scattering debris through the doorway and setting ears to ring as concussive force rattles the closed space. "Sanitäter!"

Among the soldiers who had managed to take to cover in the office chamber, one manages to recover his composure from the previous suppressive fire—and with attention inexorably drawn to the carnage Harry had sown, opens fire on the Maori commando from behind. As flames lap at scattered paperwork from the prior burning, another soldier braces his weapon over the top of filing cabinets before shouting as he levels a long burst of suppressive fire towards the team.

Thunder shudders throughout the room as a pair of heavy, bone-rattling BOOMS resonate through the station—the sound and sensation of twin colossal cannons loosing 406mm rounds at a vast firing range, signaling the commencement of contact with the Allied fleet.


Proceeding with the round after waiting for queued posts in order to keep the game moving. Harry’s handiwork is sufficient to provoke a Horror (-1) check for everyone witnessing horrible deaths, except Harry. Séverine landed a hit on the second soldier from the corridor, rolled damage on her behalf and it was lethal—leaving no combatants on the western / corridor side of the room afterwards.

Maksim’s grenade wreaked havoc in the barracks, though there isn’t a clear line of sight to see exactly what went down as a result; it sounds like several casualties, however--and no new soldiers showed up from the barracks this round as a consequence. Three German soldiers remain in the room with the team now, having taken cover near the barracks entrance; two were previously shaken after moving through Carter’s suppressive fire last round.

Of the soldiers who scrambled for cover, one managed to recover from his Shaken status, made his Horror check—and promptly gunned for Harry as a consequence; he scored a hit, the damage to which exploded several times for a total of 27 damage on 2d6-1 exploding. That is four incoming wounds on Harry, which could be curtains—using a benny to attempt to soak is recommended.

One soldier remained shaken and behind cover, hidden from fire; the other soldier was not shaken previously and elected to lay down suppressive fire on the team, prompting Spirit checks to avoid being shaken from everyone but Harry.

It sounds like very, very large emplaced guns have begun opening fire. That would be 40.6 cm SK C/34 cannons, judging by what the team glimpsed previously.

Initiative order: Ronnie 10S -> Dicky 10H -> Soldiers 10D -> Carter 9D -> Harry 8H -> Victoire 7S -> Severine 6D -> Maksim 2S

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi


Harry's eyes fairly well glow red in the fires of his handiwork, the shrieking and wailing of the dying (and frying) causing a fierce grin to split his face. "Tu meke!" he yells at Séverine as she takes out hers and at Maxsim as he takes out his. He staggers back briefly as someone feels right froggy from the direction of the office and peppers him with gunfire, one hitting.


(2:39:58 PM) Oracle: !wild d10
(2:39:59 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d10) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 1 4 ) Results: 4
(2:40:02 PM) Oracle: HAHAHAAHAH
(2:40:06 PM) Oracle: gently caress you madbot
(2:40:18 PM) Oracle: I'll be spending another bennie yeah
(2:40:36 PM) Oracle: !wild d10
(2:40:37 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d10) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 17 3 ) Results: 17
(2:40:40 PM) Oracle: THaaat's better
1 precious bennie left after all that


He glances down at the hole in his shirt, then parts it, seeing the faint green gleam from his now-cracked manaia as a misshapen bullet falls to the gangway with a tinny plink, a wide grin slowly splitting his features. "Oh, mate, ancestors're havin' nunyah shite tonight, yeh?" He bares his teeth at the German taking potshots from the office, bringing the flamethrower to bear, eyes bulging, and screams, stomping in time to his chant.

"Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!
nei te tangata huruhuru
na nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te
ka upane! ka upane!
ka upane, ka upane, whiti te ra!
"

Flames once again light up the underground base.


(8:13:46 PM) Oracle: ok what do I roll for flamethrower again... lessee..
(8:14:15 PM) Oracle: just a d6 bleah
(8:14:35 PM) Oracle: !wild d6
(8:14:36 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 10 2 ) Results: 10
(8:14:43 PM) Oracle: YAY I GOT A RAISE FINALLY
(8:15:01 PM) Oracle: BOOM SHAKALAKA
(8:15:02 PM) Oracle: National Identity (NZ): Kiwis are well known for being hard men who do not give (nor expect) quarter on the sports (or battle) field. A character embodying this stereotype rolls a d8, not a d6, as his bonus die when he gets a raise on an attack.
(8:15:14 PM) FractionJackson: more like
(8:15:21 PM) FractionJackson: boom shakahaka
(8:15:24 PM) FractionJackson: (I'm not sorry)
(8:15:25 PM) Oracle: bwahahaha
(8:15:29 PM) Oracle: I knew I liked you
(8:15:37 PM) Oracle: I'ma eat you last when I go crazy
(8:15:52 PM) FractionJackson: fair
(8:16:23 PM) Oracle: !sw 2d10
(8:16:24 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (2d10) for Oracle and got ( 4 1 ) Total: 5
(8:16:29 PM) Oracle: bwahahaha gently caress youuuu madbot
(8:26:26 PM) Oracle: !sw 1d8
(8:26:27 PM) ***MadBot rolled a (1d8) for Oracle and got ( 6 ) Total: 6
(8:26:46 PM) Oracle: So that's what 11 damage with the flamethrower while rolling 2d10 + 1d8. Yup, that's about par for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, W 4/4, B 2, D 1/5, Shots 5/6

As they enter what seems to be the heart of the beast, Victoire had briefly considered trying to stay under the radar but quickly came to the realization that going out with a bang will be of more help to the approaching fleet than scurrying away with their life. The results of her internal debate were obvious, a wall full of splattered nazi guts and a sudden frenzy all around her.

Harry's flamethrower roars and turns the corridor into a small inferno and Victoire feels her brain trying to tug her back to Vassieux, back to that small burning village. She freezes for an instant but manages to suppress the memories. Instinctively she raises her gun and squeezes off another slug at one of the enemy soldiers. She has just enough time to see it hit his cover before he answers with a long suppressing burst.

Victoire ducks and curses at her own stupidity, why was she using slugs in here. She keeps pumping to empty her gun and reloads it with pellet cartridges, her finger seemingly working on their own. After the last shell she cocks the gun, snaps up and fires once more. This time and at this range, there is no way to miss.

Gaist was nice enough to let me catch up on my last turn too so:
(15:55:37) FathisMunk: !wild d10-2 shooting
(15:55:38) ***MadBot rolled a (1d10-2) with wild die for FathisMunk and got ( 3 0 ) Results: 3

Current turn:
(15:36:59) FathisMunk: !wild d8+1 horror
(15:37:00) ***MadBot rolled a (1d8+1) with wild die for FathisMunk and got ( 2 4 ) Results: 4
One on the spirit die, that's one free dementia point wooooh

(15:38:57) FathisMunk: !wild d8+2 unshake
(15:38:58) ***MadBot rolled a (1d8+2) with wild die for FathisMunk and got ( 7 4 ) Results: 7

(17:36:09) FathisMunk: !wild d10-2 shooting
(17:36:09) ***MadBot rolled a (1d10-2) with wild die for FathisMunk and got ( 11 7 ) Results: 11
(17:37:04) FathisMunk: !sw 4d6 close range damage with a raise
(17:37:05) ***MadBot rolled a (4d6) with a raise for FathisMunk and got ( 4 1 1 4 ) Total: 10

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«27 »