Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

"Use the doorframe. Stay sharp," he whispers. Ronnie motions for Harry and Dimitriy to take cover as well and keep an eye out, pointing west down the hall. "I will get the others and we will sweep. Please stay put otherwise." He grips his rifle, still crouched, and starts to creep down the hall, then south around the bow of the dead submarine, hoping to link up with the others and sound the alarm without raising any further alarm otherwise. If he could hear whoever was still left, then they could maybe hear him. Probably already had. He would much rather keep them in the dark about where he is, though - unawares Nazis are dead ones.

With silent, practiced strides he reaches the corner; backs away quietly far enough to be sure it wouldn't be mano-a-mano. Not that S/Sgt. Thomas doesn't like his chances, but if there's at least one, there could be others hiding out. Risking himself is one thing, but alerting any hiding hostiles with the rest of the team unawares was another.

Soon enough he rolls up quietly to the command center and map room. "There's at least one still here," he declares, not with great volume but perhaps with great urgency. "North and west. Should sweep, and fast."

[20:26] <FractionJackson> !wild d8+1 stealth
[20:26] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8+1) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 12 2 ) Results: 12

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2016 around 04:42

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry Manahi

He notifies the others when there's one tug on the rope, maintaining his station through the driving rain without flinching. He'd been through worse. When finally the air begins to blow again and his CO tells him to go inside, he coils the rope, replaces the vent cover, and heads on in via the blast doors, glad he wasn't going to have to try to make his way down that vent. He probably wouldn't fit, anyway.

The blast doors open impressively, and he can't help but admire the German engineering as he passes through. Say what you will about the Krauts - and there was a lot to say, and not much good - they could build some cracker kraftwerk. Why they hadn't just gone ahead and done that instead of try and take over the world by force, God only knew.

The base itself leaves him bug-eyed and garners a low whistle of appreciation as he moves about, taking everything in, gun at the ready. He'd half made up his mind outside that the place had been abandoned, and everything found so far seemed to reinforce his theory of everyone being dead or gone. The belly-up U-boat with the huge gaping hole in the side might as well be a big giant lily on the casket of the dead, but as he inspects it more closely and notices all the huge shell casings, fired at the docks... Something isn't right here.

He hears the word 'mutiny' bandied about, but can't really match the complete unloading of the 60mm shells with 'mutiny.' That speaks to him of panicked firing, not putting down a rebellion. The rush job of trying to get rid of all the evidence, the horrific smells, the suicide in the power room, none of it really adds up to him. He's had to scarper on a mission gone bad, more than once, more's the pity, and this feels a lot more like that than a mutiny.

He's in the middle of telling Ronnie just one such story when the man spots something and braces himself, rifle in his hands before he's aware of it, eyes narrowing as he falls silent, nodding to Ronnie, taking up a position on one side of the door frame, craning his neck to try and hear anything. He's been around the block enough times to know better than to stick his head out and take a squiz.

Oracle fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 02:12

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic

As she heard the door to the armory being opened, Victoire steps out of the map room. Sgt Barton will be able to make better sense out of it than she could anyways.

She is watching the blast door slowly whirring and clicking as Ronnie reaches them, making her jump as she hadn't heard him coming.

"Mon dieu Ronnie", she cries out, "could you be even more sneaky next time?"

After listening to his report she adds
"We saw one of zem too. Over zere in a vent in ze radio room." She points at the door now blocked by a heavy filing cabinet.

"We're securing ze armory to make sure it can't be used against us" and with this she goes prone right next to the left side wall, looking under the slowly raising blast door for any sign of movement, muzzle pointed at the room.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood

Standing over the map with the markers in his hand, he takes only a short time of looking back and forth between each to work out their importance. "As I suspected," he says more to himself than anyone before he turns to address those in the room. "These are to monitor their movements in the area, of ships and the like. Silly buggers for demolishing so much but leaving this perfectly intact... Give me some time with this and I can work out where Jerry's maneuvering." He hunches over the map with an eager grin, ready to do just that but is cut short when Ronnie appears as if from the shadows.He places the markers down on the table. Studying the map will seemingly have to wait for now...

It appears the other group have also caught sight or sound of their vent-crawling Jerry. "At least one is crawling around in the vents, but he scarpered before anyone could get a good look. I figured the shotgun blast would alert you all enough." He then notices the armoury door rising and realises the urgency of securing each room first takes importance over his fondness for studying maps.
"Like the lady said, we're securing the armoury first then we'll all move on the north-west section and conduct a proper sweep." With that said, he readies the Sten in his hands and takes what cover he can with a good view of the slowly rising armoury door...

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2016 around 08:05

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Armoury
Ambience

Stacked up and on watch as the blast door slowly ascends, Victoire is the first of those gathered to spy beneath the door that a short reinforced corridor stretches on the other side with three bulkhead doors that appear heavier than normal. The air coming from the armoury beyond the blast door smells pointedly stale: it seems there is no ventilation which connects within as a measure of extra security.


Armoury blast door is a foot and a half off the ground.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood

He waits as the blast door slowly begins to rise. It continues to rise slowly and before long his waiting turns to impatience. "Bugger it. This is going to take too long." And the longer they wait, the more time their Jerry friend has to disappear into the vents again. He thinks for a moment. Tracking down the Nazi is important, but so is making sure this place remains secure now that the armoury is opening up.

He turns to Ronnie, speaking soft but fast as the blast door continues to slowly creep open. "S.Sgt, I want you to take Sgt. Willis, Miss Doucet and Comrade Rostov and track down this German. Kuznetsov and I will remain here and keep the area secure should our Jerry friend decide to crawl out of a nearby vent and break into the armoury.

"On your way past the Vault, I want you to send the academics to me here with whatever items they might have found in there." He'll also need their help to decipher the star-shaped mark on the map and he'd prefer to keep their numbers split only in two so they are not spread thin. "Take Manahi along with you to investigate the noise too, the man's strength is better suited with your team should our Jerry try to put up a fight."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

He stands up, finally. "Didn't want to get their attention, yet. Wanted to warn you all first," he says to Victoire. Then he looks to Dicky. "It did warn us, but I wasn't sure why someone'd fired. Then I heard...like someone dropped a tray or something, over that way." S/Sgt. Thomas points to the corridor that leads to the mess and beyond. "Wanted to let you know, is all. We'll take care of it, sir."

He points to Victoire, Ted, and Izoldah. "On me. Let's head back quiet, send the kiddos this way, link up with Harry, and go hunt some Nazi."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic

No movement past the blast door. Satisfied Victoire springs to her feet. Ronnie's words bring a cruel smile to her lips.

"Oh you won't 'ave to ask me twice Ronnie," she says playfully, "I'm always up for Nazi hunting!"

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."


Sgt. Willis

With an internal sigh, Tim wordlessly hefts his submachine gun and gives the other american a slight nod. poo poo. So there were still some Germans in here. Figured as much. Hopefully it was the one that was too rushed to put a good booby trap down. Not like he could contribute much to the book stuff, and if nothing needed fixing or demolitions he may as well use some of the other things he'd learned in Basic.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

"Moving, comrade sergeant. Quiet as mouse. Lethal as bear" she said, holding her rifle.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

The young woman clasps the Modèle D pistol close to her chest. Grace's wide-opened eyes also frequently dart towards their only exit.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

Irakliy just nods over his soldier, keeping his gun trained on the excruciating door. There may not be any vents in the drat thing, but he's not taking any chances. "Understood. Sukin syn, why would you put weapons behind slowest door in history of world?"

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Barracks
Ambience

Rendezvousing with Harry, S/Sgt. Thomas maneuvers swiftly and quietly with Ted, Victoire and Izoldah as they make their way toward the personnel wing of the base. Treading past the blast door to the main entrance of the facility, the five pass wooden entryways on the southern wall to first Operations and then Medical--before rounding a corner that banks northward after some sixty feet of passageway.

At the turn of the corner, the five are faced with another hall with a collection of doors to both Officer's Quarters and the Commander's Room--but at the far end, the Barracks can be seen--a heavy bulkhead door ajar. Another clatter of metal can be heard from within as light flickers, casting fleeting flickering shadows out into the hall from an angle beyond the bulkhead.

Making their approach, the five endeavor to remain silent with weapons at the ready--but midway down the corridor, Ted and Victoire's boots squeak against the concrete underfoot. For a moment, the sounds within the barracks grow silent--before there is a further clattering clamor of rapid movement and what sounds like several sets of hurried footsteps slapping on the floor.

Upon reaching the bulkhead door, a glimpse inside the barracks beyond comes fully into view. With three rows of military standard bunk beds, it appears to be an arrangement intended more for capacity than comfort. At the far northern end of the room is an open doorway which seems to lead to a row of simple gravity showers and toilets--the smell of brackish standing water joining the medleys on the air.

Throughout, however, where the bunks had been--the bed frames and mattress have been removed and shifted, packed down and stored in orderly stacks along the eastern wall. A rotten tomato has been smeared along the floor in a foul-smelling streak--the stench of rotten vegetables and rotting meat almost overwhelming now. With a look to the left, the doorway into the barracks' attached Mess Hall is visible.

As the five round the doorway into the barracks, eyes fall first to a ventilation grate on the floor of the mess, visible from here--before trailing to a shape dangling from the open vent above. Upside down and hanging from the vent is a blonde, shirtless man; his torso bears several deep, ragged gashes--which Victoire can readily discern are almost certainly fatal wounds.

The smell here is horrific.


Successful Stealth checks all around against an Inactive guard--target of 4--save for Ted. In Savage Worlds Stealth is either against an inactive guard, such as in this case, or an active guard--someone or something actively keeping an eye out for trouble. In the latter case, this would be an opposed roll instead.

The miss gave our German a heads-up, which mechanically mostly translated into the gang not having 'the drop' on them. Having 'the drop' on someone in Savage Worlds is a +4 bonus to your attack's roll to hit and +4 damage--pretty nasty!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

Any trace of levity is soon gone from Izoldah's face as things go from eerie to outright brutal. The ever increasing stench cloyed in her nostrils. This looked very much like a trap. Signalling the others to hold, she switches to her sidearm, leaving the other hand free to discreetly go for the flashlight. She didn't turn it on yet, not wanting to give away their new position quite yet, even if the enemy was alerted, but she peered in the darkness of that vent, hoping to see something there.

<Shogeton> !wild d6+2
* @AchtungBot rolled a (1d6+2) with wild die for Shogeton and got ( 99 3 ) Results: 9

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

They link up with with the latest ad-hoc strike team subdivision; he directs the academics quietly to regroup with Sgt. Barton-Morewood and Lt. Kuznetsov, and sets out to check out the sound.

What he finds is not exactly what he is expecting. He had expected a live Nazi, not a half-dead upside-down one. He might not know the extent of the wounds, but Ronnie can definitely tell that the man is not in good shape. He levels his rifle at the man's head from a few paces. "Should just finish him off," he whispers, but he hesitates, looking up towards the opening, where the grate had been that the Nazi had presumably fallen down through, in the same way that Ronnie had kicked one out on his way down.

He levels the rifle, he waits, he looks up, to try to figure out the one thing he hasn't quite figured out: how the hell is that guy hanging there like that?

But, unable to see where from where he is, he decides to do the merciful thing. Such as it is. No one's gonna miss a half-dead Nazi.

[19:30] <FractionJackson> !wild d6 notice
[19:30] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 5 1 ) Results: 5

[19:47] <FractionJackson> !wild d8-2 shooting
[19:47] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 0 6 ) Results: 6
[19:48] <FractionJackson> !sw 2d8+4
[19:48] * AchtungBot rolled a (2d8+4) for FractionJackson and got ( 4 1 ) Total: 9

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 02:51

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

She heeds S/Sgt. Thomas directions with a quick nod. "I wonder what's going on… could a sneaky Jerry have survived without any power?" Grace murmurs a query to her academic peers. She bites her bottom lip as she steadies her trembling hands. The agent then begins their walk to the map room.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Barracks
Ambience

Cautiously drawing nearer to the injured, unconscious man--S/Sgt. Thomas makes a snap decision and draws his rifle up to aim for the man's head. Steadying himself, with a measured breath he squeezes the trigger--the report of the M1 a loud CRACK matched by the crack of the man's skullcap blowing open, sending fragments of bloodied bone to scatter as brain matter spills free in a pulped slurry, the top of his head left a ruinous crater.

Gore dribbles from the rupture left behind by Ronnie's rifle round. The man's eyes snap open wide suddenly, jaw opening as he breathes a strained gurgling groan--before he lurches with alarming speed up into the vent, thumps and bangs trailing rapidly away from the mess hall.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Map Room

As the auxiliary team arrives at the map room, the sound of a rifle being shot echoes through the base.

The blast door to the Armoury has raised four feet.


Ronnie successfully executed an aimed shot to the head for lethal damage.

Everyone present in the mess hall must make a Spirit test vs. Nausea with a -1 penalty, but including any bonuses vs. Fear effects they may have. Failure results in 1 level of Fatigue (-1 penalty ongoing to all Trait tests.)

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 03:09

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

Irakliy rises from his crouch, moving towards the door--and a rifle shot rings out. His head snaps around. "Chyort." A moment's pause. "Only one. They may have met our guest."

He shakes his head, as if to clear it, then nods to the commander. "First things first. Checking armory." He walks over to the door and ducks underneath, Sten raised.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 03:14

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bradley Hewitt 1 benny

"Possibly. If someone is stubborn enough, they could survive a lot longer then a few days down here." He kept the sten in hand, but didn't think it would be of much use. As he got to the map room, he heard the gun shot.

"What was that?" Bradley looked at the soldiers to see if they knew what was happening.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

The sound, the motion, the feeling - it's all familiar. As he squeezes the trigger the rifle rocks backwards, the feeling almost comfortable against his shoulder. The sound hits his ears - loud, but necessary. The brass tumbles out of the ejector. He was born to have a rifle in his hand, and while they had been told about bringing any potential interrogation targets down alive - well, this guy isn't one. It is a mercy; even if the Nazi survives, he'd have to survive in the knowledge that he was a Nazi. Ronnie's doing him a favor, he figures - and everyone else present, for not having to do it themselves.

The round hits home, not quite square against the Nazi's skull, but still enough to send chunks of brain and blood around. Ronnie had winged or even caught the head dead on before. He knows what it is supposed to look like, and what it is supposed to accomplish.

This isn't it.

He stands stock-still, rifle still aimed at where the Nazi's - well, maybe thing was more accurate - head had been. And then it's gone - not because just the top of his head is gone, but because somehow, against any logic Ronnie was aware of, it has retreated. Back up the vent.

After a few seconds' silence, Ronnie, eyes wide, asks a question. "...you all...you all saw that. ...right?"

[20:05] <FractionJackson> !wild 1d6+1
[20:05] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6+1) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 4 8 ) Results: 8

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

The white knuckled grip on her firearm abates and colour returns to Grace's hands. She weakly smiles at Dicky and Dimitry. Her wandering gaze falls on the misshapen stars etched into the map. "Hmm… strange," she remarks while tracing her forefinger over the eldritch grooves to try matching the symbol to a memory.

Knowledge (Occult): * AchtungBot rolled a (1d4) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 2 5 ) Results: 5

Razeam fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 03:46

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Map Room

Plumbing her memory, Grace's nearest recollection for symbolism of this sort were related to the writings of rather ecclectic and uncommon tomes. Among such, the Al-Azif by Abdul al-Hazrad was particularely interested in bizarre markings like this one--though most of the acutely narrow academic circles Grace knew regarded that work as rather 'unwholesome.'

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Armoury

Ducking under the blast door, Irakliy finds himself in a short corridor around a bend presented with three identical bulkhead doors. Selecting the leftmost of the lot, the man reaches for the wheel--before second-guessing and making a check as best as he is able for any booby-traps that might be present. Reasonably satisfied the way is safe, the man works to open the heavy steel door.

Within, the man finds row upon row of racks for storing weapons and ammunition--many of which have been left barren or empty even at a glance.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

So the cupboard was bare all along, Irakliy thinks, finally manhandling the vast door open. What had once been an arsenal fit to stock a company was now pretty much gone. He scans the racks, frowning, trying to figure out a pattern in what remains...

[22:54] <Redeye> I'm looking for patterns or irregularities in how this side of the vault has been cleaned out and/or what's left
[22:54] <Redeye> !wild d8 notice
[22:54] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Redeye and got ( 5 9 ) Results: 9
[22:54] <Redeye> Like, what did this side contain primarily based on what's still here, and what's the best guess on what's been taken

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

"An occult symbol," she begins to elucidate, furrowing her brow before she adds, "This time from the Al-Azif by Abdul al-Hazrad. An unwholesome book from what I've heard about it." Grace gives Bradley a sidelong glance. "The Unaussprechliche Kulte and now this… they had a bizarre plan, for sure."

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry

He follows on point, pausing and covering Ronnie as he goes in, sweeping with his rifle and making sure not to cover Ronnie in that sweep, when he sees the thing dangling from the ceiling.

The dead man dangling from the ceiling.

The clawed up, almost dead man, dangling from the ceiling of the barracks.

And then Ronnie tries to make him all dead. A mercy, really, given the man's physical state. Messy shot though. He winces slightly, keeping half an eye on the door further down, in case this is someone's sick idea of a--

And then the dying man with his head blown off gets... yanked up the vent.

"Bloody hell there's two of'm," he growls, moving around to flank the vent as the man gets pulled into it. "Mate's grabbed him." He raises his voice to warn the others: "We got a runner in the vents!" He shakes his head, face split by a scowl. "Shite on a shingle." How many more were there?

(11:26:10 PM) Oracle: !wild 1d6-1
(11:26:11 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d6-1) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 4 2 ) Results: 4

Harry's decided there's a little nest of Germans in the vents, because guys with their heads shot off will sure roll eyes and make all kinds of horrible noises, but they sure as poo poo don't scramble off backwards into the vent. Therefore, the only logical explanation is the guy's got friends or was tied by a rope just like Ronnie was and the guy on the other end just gave him a tug.

Oracle fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2016 around 06:26

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Map Room
Ambience

Bit by bit, the auxiliary team gleans the involvement of suspicious tomes--many of which seem to have made their way through the Hoffmann Station's vault at some point or another. Without more direct knowledge of their contents it would be difficult to parse precisely what the Black Sun had been up to--and while Bradley's prior perusal of Unspeakable Cults gave him some insight, what the team truly needed was to get their hands on more concrete materials to dissect.

While Sebastian, Yulia, Grace and Bradley put their heads together, however, a dull thumping sound trails overhead through the ceiling. Nearer to the wooden door into the map room, Dicky and Dimitry's attentions are drawn up as dust trickles down from above--and as their gazes find a ventilation grate, suddenly fingers squeeze between the slats: ten, fifteen, twenty or more at once. Squeezing tight, they begin to push and pull at the grate trying to buckle and dislodge it. "Что происходит?!" Dimitry blurts, backing away from underneath the vent wide-eyed.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Armoury

Glancing over the remnants, Irakliy finds that most of the racks for ready deployment or arsenal have been emptied--including the Panzerfausts glimpsed on the docks themselves. Boxes of ammunition have been hauled off along with rifles and automatic weapons--but all manner of explosive, in particular, seems to have been excised from the location. Just as Irakliy is making his way out into the corridor he finds that the blast door has fully raised in his wake--and begins to hear a loud creaking from the air vent near the map room.


Everyone in the map room, and subsequently Irakliy when he lays eyes on the grate, is going to need a Nausea(-2) test; that is a Spirit test at -2, plus any bonuses you may have against Fear. It is clear that more than a single person must be trying to force the vent open.

As a reminder, Horror is a step up from Naseau--as it's a graduation from just plain gory or gross to witnessing things that more decisively should not be--while Terror is the absolute devastating level of test.

You can resolve your own rolls on this as the other team had; your target is 4, if you fail you receive a level of Fatigue, which is -1 ongoing to all trait (attribute and skill) rolls.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic

As she walks down the corridor with the others, eyes scanning her surrounding, her still wet boots squeak against the concrete floor. A short moment of silence and then she hears scrambling ahead. Whatever it is it's now aware of them coming. Putain de merde she curses silently to herself, mouthing the words.

Victoire expected the room to be empty when they finally reach it. But it isn't. A heavily wounded German hangs from the ceiling. Her right hand leaves the shotgun as she reaches for her sidearm to make sure he's dead but before she can pull it Ronnie opens fire and the Nazi's head burst apart. So far so good.

Then the corpse seems to scream silently and disappears up the vent. Which is decidedly not good. Her hand whips back to her shotgun but before it reaches the trigger the body is out of sight.

"Oh bordel mais qu'est ce que... " she yells out.

"Yes zere must be at least two" she answers Harry as she rushes to peer into the vent, ready to shoot if she sees the least bit of movement.

5 on my d8-1 for nausea, a benny died for this roll.

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 09:55

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
1 benny left

He welcome the academics with a small grin and nod, not at all surprised they managed to get here before the bloody door to the armoury is open even halfway. "The others are-" he stops as the single gunshot rings out from down the halls, causing him to look over his shoulder briefly before he sighs and continues on. "The others are investigating a sound. We know at least one Jerry is still hiding in here, in the vents. Sound like they ran into him..." He shakes his head, at this rate no prisoners will be had but it's a drat sight better than them risking their lives for that of a bloody Jerry.

"I need you all here to take a look at this map." He takes them into the map room to do just that, but has difficulty understanding even a word that comes out of Grace's mouth as she describes the symbol. "Jerry's doing something in the Arctic, damned if I can work out what it is though... I'll need another look at these markers..."

A sprinkling of dust falls from above and he blows it out of his face, turning his head up to see where it came from. Only then does he see the fingers stretching out from the vent overhead. His eyes squint in confusion before they go wide. There's more than one up there! A sick feeling threatens to creep into his stomach, but sheer adrenaline manages to keep it at bay.

In one swift motion, he raises up the Sten to aim down the sights square at the vent. "Stop or we shoot!" He'll give them one chance to do the sane thing before he opens up on them. "Surrender!" His finger is on the trigger, ready to squeeze if the Jerries don't even show a hint of ceasing.

<A_Velociraptor> !wild d8
* AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for A_Velociraptor and got ( 2 3 ) Results: 3
#Then popped my second benny#
<A_Velociraptor> !wild d8
* AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for A_Velociraptor and got ( 6 2 ) Results: 6
#British Pluck cancels out the minus to the rolls#

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

There's some whispered Russian cursing as the corpse suddenly vanishes up the vent. The obvious, reasonable and no doubt in her mind true explanation were immediately said, and she nodded. "Yes. They use their buddy as a trap. Lure us in and shoot us when we check." She whispered. Because she whispered, they couldn't hear the tremor in her voice.

The angle had been wrong to see anything in the vent. But clearly, that was what it was. It had to be.

<Shogeton> !wild d6-2
* @AchtungBot rolled a (1d6-2) with wild die for Shogeton and got ( 1 3 ) Results: 3


Technicaly that should be a -3, with the inherent penalty. I assumed this is something supernatural that triggers the Doubting Thomas extra -2? If it does I fail (and since I need a natural 6 on that reroll, I'll save my bennies) If not, I pass it.[/i]

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Yulia

With the evidence in the map room, and considering the state of the base, she's growing more and more confident in her theory of true believers. There is the occult angle to consider, but not to be lost in this all is the mundane strategic importance of what information they can glean from the remaining documents - which is why she has set to scribbling furiously in her journal, even as Grace and Bradley update their commander.

Dimitry's cry is the first she looks up from her notes for some time. There is a slow move to place her hand on her revolver until her mind attempts to comprehend what it is she's seeing. Her fingers rest on the firearm, never drawing it, even while her throat dries and her eyes widen. She doesn't shout or blink, or move much at all. At the very least, her legs start to function and she succeeds in compelling herself a few steps away from the center of the room.

[06:45] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6-2) with wild die for ambivalent and got ( 0 2 )
Yulia has gained a level of Fatigue

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016


Sebastian

Sebastian tucked that knife into the breast pocket of his jacket before following everyone to the map room. there was something about it and he wanted more time later to really study it

He had been busy looking at that rune studying it as Grace spoke about it when the Russian yelled and his attention was pulled to the grate as an almost impossible number of fingers tried to pry it loose. he took several steps back drawing that revolver at his hip and leveling it at the vent. He would not fire not yet at least he would wait till he had a clear shot and not just wiggling fingers to aim at.



[08:41] <Animedragonfly> !wild d8-2
[08:41] * @AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) with wild die for Animedragonfly and got ( 5 0 ) Results: 5

animedragonfly fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 00:58

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bradley Hewitt

His eyes followed the sounds until something appeared at the ventilation grate.

"What the hell?' He looked up and pointed his sten at the people trying to break into the room.

Docbubonic_away !wild d8 Fear check
AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Docbubonic_away and got ( 1 7 ) Results: 7
Benny reroll:

Docbubonic_away !wild d8
AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Docbubonic_away and got ( 12 2 ) Results: 12

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 15:53

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Map Room

Shoving, tugging and beginning to warp the slats to the ventilation grate, the interloper in the ventilation ignores Sgt. Barton-Morewood's warning--spurring the sergeant to rattle off three rounds from his Sten gun in retaliation. Two rounds crack against the concrete to either side of the vent, but the third punches through the center--and is rewarded with a distinctly meaty splatter inside the duct.

Several smatterings of blood trickle down between the slats as those fingers seize up and go still. Abruptly, the fingers withdraw as a tumbling thudding and thumping trails quickly along the ductwork in the ceiling above, in the direction of the power station east of the map room.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Barracks

Cautiously approaching beneath the duct, Victoire readies her shotgun before sweeping the barrel up into the span. Beyond the very edge of the ductwork above, the ventilation shaft is dark; no movement is spied, but Victoire can't be sure if her eyes aren't playing tricks on her either; the duct appears to be fairly tight, however--a mere foot squared. With the assistance of Izoldah's light, the duct is found absent its occupant--as close as can be discerned near the edge, at least. If someone climbed up into the duct, they'd certainly have a better vantage.


Victoire doesn't really see or hear anything up in the duct. It's probably clear. Probably.

Dicky's warning goes unheeded, and he retaliates with a fully-automatic burst from his Sten. A wild die saves him from a gutterball on the rolls, before his damage hits nicely and even explodes for some extra kick. Dicky has dealt damage that certainly should have killed a man.

This does not seem to have deterred our duct-dwelling friend from moving with alacrity for the power station now, however.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic

"poo poo!" Victoire yells as she peers into the vent. "Zere is a bend, can't see anything up zere unless someone climbs in."

3 shots echo through the facility.

"drat, zere are several of zem?" she asks, her eyes flitting from the vent to her comrades and back.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

Moments after this, there was the sound of bullets fired by the others. "There's others there." She reached to put her pack down. "I could go have look. Unless we go and meet up with others?" He looked at the American Sergeant, pistol and flashlight at the ready. Coudln't say she was looking forward to this, but it was the job.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry

He ducks and looks up the vent, seeing what Victoire sees, and curses again, looking at Izoldah as she volunteers (or close enough to). "Well get your rear end up there then, girl. I'd go if I could fit," he grunts, shouldering his rifle and picking her up around the waist as if she were a child. "What d'they say in France? Alley oop?"

Oracle fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2016 around 06:26

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

With some help from the sergeant, she got up there. She couldn't deny she was a fair bit nervous as she clambered up there. If there were others there, she couldn't really retreat easily. Well, she had a gun, a knife, and if it got really bad, a grenade to make a sudden exit from the vent. Holding her breath, she scanned the contents of the vent, her finger on the trigger of her pistol.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
1 benny left

His aim isn't as true as he'd like, but his last shot does give that pleasing sound of hitting home. His trigger finger relaxes as he listens to the sound of whoever is up there scuffling off further into the ventilation system. Only then does he release a breath he didn't know he was holding. It isn't the first time he's fired at an enemy on foot, his time in Troyes back in 1940 giving him more than enough opportunities to gain kills not from the comfort of his cockpit, but it's still been long enough since then that he feels his breath quicken and blood pumping from having fired an automatic weapon.

Following the fresh blood dripping from the vent now, he looks back down to the others with him. "You saw that too, right? There was more than one of them, it looked like... Why the bloody hell would they do something that stupid..?" He scoffs as he notices a drop of blood on his boot. "Should've taken my advice and surrendered, the drat buggers. Didn't get them good enough though, by the sounds of how quick they scarpered."

He looks at everyone's face more closely, realizing this might be the first time they've seen action up close. "Everyone OK? Just breath regular and keep your wits about you." Not noticing Irakliy, he calls out for the man. "Kuznetsov! You alright, chap?"

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 16:52

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016


Sebastian

Sebastian flinched at the sound of that rifle in the confined space and let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. His gun was put away as the thing scampered off towards the power station "Should we follow it?" he glanced back to Dicky "could it cause us troubles later?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

"This really don't make much sense," S/Sgt. Thomas says matter-of-factly. "What kind of plan is it to just hide out up there...?" Something is definitely Not Right, but that only tells him so much, and he comes around to the same conclusion as the others. Even though the half-dead one had opened its eyes like that. It's about as much sense as anything can make, though again, the tactical utility of this move aside from being weird as hell seems rather questionable. Maybe if the Nazis had been down here a few days they just all went nuts?

He looks upwards, though his head jerks around as he hears firing from the other end of the station. "How many are up there? Christ." To Izoldah, already being hoisted up, he simply says, "Take a quick look, see what you can see, then get down. Then we move out." If they have to chase these bastards up and down the length of the base, so be it.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«23 »