Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«23 »
  • Post
  • Reply
A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
1 benny left

He ponders Sebastian's question, looking over the civilians. He can't put them at risk, but then those Jerries did run off toward the Power Room. This may be their best chance to capture them and stop them from potentially sabotaging the power too.

"Most of you are essentially non-combatants. I don't feel I can order you to join me in going after them, they could be armed." He checks his Sten is still ready for action. "But you're right, we need to check the Power Station or they could sabotage us and the other team is too far away to wait for. We can't look over what's left here-" he looks to the map "- If Jerries are still running around this place. If you're with me, then we should get after them quickly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

Irakliy tries to speed back down from the vault, and just about manages to get there in time to see Barton-Moorewood firing into the ceiling inside the map room. He ducks his head inside, trying to get a glimpse of... whatever's up there, and wishes he hadn't.

At the commander's call, he looks up and nods. "Yes. Unharmed. So there's... more than one in there? And not interested in surrendering." He gestures back out the door. "Armory is almost empty. Most guns and all explosives are gone--though I did only check one door in there." He re-readies his Sten. "No time to waste, then."

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at Oct 5, 2016 around 19:14

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic

Victoire thanks God that the other woman volunteered to peek into the vent. Even just the idea of being stuck in such close space with an enemy presence was giving her some anxiety.

She tried to focus and kept an eye on the entrances to the room while her comrades were taking care of the vent.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Yulia

Still shook, she watches Sebastian and the Sergeant with some bewilderment. Had they seen it the same as she had? Had she seen it that way? Rubbing at her eyes, stirring herself back to alertness, Yulia does ultimately draw her revolver. The doctor shakes her head at Barton-Morewood, "And we will be safer here? We go together."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bradley Hewitt

He stared at the vent as he calmed himself down. Slowing his breathing down, he thought to himself that what...who ever that was will be found. Those people will be not be able to keep hiding and we all will find out what we saw. Hearing what the sergeant had proposed, he nodded.

"We should go together. If the people in the vent try to get out while we are at the power room, then they will have to get the vent off first. While they do that, we'll have our weapons ready and shoot them before they have a chance to draw a weapon against us. There is not much for us here except the map and we can just come back for the map after this situation gets resolved." He looked around the room.

"Will that work for everyone? If so lets get going."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

The hitherto silent woman absentmindedly responds with a "Yes, sir" to her superior officers. She stares at the now bloody vent with a resumed white-knuckled grip on her pistol.

Nausea (-2) check: Benny! * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 12 1 ) Results: 12
2 Bennies left!

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016


Sebastian

He nodded to Bradly and kept that revolver in his hand. He wanted to be ready just in case as they headed towards the power station

animedragonfly fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 18:17

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
1 benny left

He grins at the other's speedy reply to join him in action. It serves as a reminder to him to never underestimate the simple courage of civilians.

A nod of appreciation joins his grin before his face becomes more serious. "Right then, we all go together. Stick behind myself and Kuznetsov. Let's move quickly." With his Sten in hand and at the ready, he leads the way to the Power Room.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

Kuznetsov wracks his brain as they pass out of the command wing and back into the docks. He turns to Sgt. Vasilievich, catching Dicky in the corner of his eye. "Serzhant. When we reach power room bulkhead, you open door." He mimes with his hands. "Door opens outwards, will stay between you and whatever is inside. Myself and commander will cover you and fire on fascisti." He looks over at Barton-Morewood. "Acceptable, sir?"

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Mess Hall

Foisted up bodily, Izoldah crests the edge of the ventilation duct--her senses promptly assaulted by foul, rotten aromas clinging to the shaft. A sticky residue is streaked around the whole of the duck's egress--and shining her light about, Izoldah concludes blood and other ichorous fluids have been left in the wake of the dweller in the duct.

Faintly, in the far distance, she can hear echoing thuds and thumps--along with the rattle of a submachine gun from the opposite end of the base resonating through the ventilation to her position. caught on a bent screw, Izoldah spies a ragged shred of a uniform further down the span from the mess hall's access. There do not seem to be further signs of an occupant presently.

Meanwhile in the mess below, Ronnie, Victoire and Harry have a chance to better take in their surroundings. It would seem in the Germans' haste the larder remained stocked--scrapped remnants of meat and vegetables strewn haphazardly about. Despite their rotted state warmed by the room, it appears that someone has been eating from the foul spread a great deal.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Power Station
Ambience

Accompanying Sgt. Barton-Morewood, the bolstered group hastens from the map room and nearby armoury before rounding back into the docks--the bulkhead door before the power station's access corridor leveraged open with a few firm turns. Beyond, the steady thrumming rumble of the great diesel engine continues on--its vibrations felt through the concrete underfoot.

Rounding the corner as weapons are readied and adrenaline bristles, the second bulkhead door comes into view, light flickering through the thick glass of its porthole window. Casting a glance about toward Sgt. Barton-Morewood and the others, an authoritative gesture sends Dimitry onward, jaw set, as he makes for the bulkhead; gripping the wheel, he moves to--

Suddenly, several faces appear in the window to press against it, cheeks flattened and eyes wide. The flesh is sallow and pallid, a number of open wounds and contusions visible; gazing out at the men and women gathered in the hall, the faces bear expressions of horror, agony and dull incomprehension all at once--and as eyes hone and minds seize upon processing the sight before them, a belated realization is reached: the faces are fused together, as if part of what is now some singular entity.

Dimitry screams, wide-eyed as he immediately bolts and runs from the door, nearly bowling over Irakliy in the process.


Most of the party has been rooting for sending Dimitry into danger, so the poor Russian was nominated defacto to go for the power station's bulkhead door. That glass is probably bullet-proof. The door opens outward.

Unfortunately, this is now the real deal: everyone witness to the creature must make a Horror (-2) test from fear and revulsion (so Spirit-2), with bonuses to such quite assuredly applicable. Anyone with failed rolls will need to make a d20+2 follow-up roll to determine their results on the Horror chart, riding the ride for actual horror.

Dimitry rolled a natural 1 on his Spirit test, which for a Horror check makes for guaranteed Dementia. He rolled 'Panicked!' as his Horror table result, prompting him to immediately flee, running his rear end off and also becoming Shaken. Unfortunately, this also means the door is now unattended.

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 07:01

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

Kuznetsov levels his Sten at the door, watching as Dimitry approaches it--

Faces behind the glass. Several faces, horrified-- FACE--

Irakliy's jaw falls open, and his eyes gog. "Chto yebesh?!" He takes a step backwards, voice rising shrilly. "CHTO YEBESH?!' ETO PIZDETS!" Dimitry clips him as he runs past, screaming, and he staggers backwards, half-toppling into a stack of crates that thankfully keeps him upright. "Eto nepravil'no!"

Something in his brain takes control, and screams at his arms to rise or die. They do so, and the Sten comes to bear at the glass. Anyone next to him can hear the magazine rattling just slightly from shaking. "Gov'no! What IS it?"

[01:55] <RedeyeF> !wild d8-2
[01:55] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) with wild die for RedeyeF and got ( 4 1 ) Results: 4
[01:55] <RedeyeF> JUST BARELY.


So yeah, Irakliy's still with us, but that was close. I really do not want to fail a San check with Shell Shocked on the table, which makes it all the more likely to happen!

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 07:26

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

Grace covers her mouth to stifle a scream! She shudders while meeting the melange of corpses eye to eyes. The former spiritualist loses herself inside its sutured faces, her hand drooping down to reveal a mouth agape.

Horror (-2) check: * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 7 -1 ) Results: 7

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic

She wrinkles her nose at the smell and sight of the rotten food and meat strewn about.

"Ooh, degueux! " she suddenly exclaims. "Look at ze teeth marks. Someone ate from zis rotten food. Zat should put you out of commission pretty fast, especially ze rotten meat. It might be alright for an animal, but a 'uma.."

She breaks off as suddenly cries and curses in Russian echo along the facility. Someone has lost it bad.

"Merde, ze nerds!" she runs to peek through the door into the corridor they came from before turning back to look at Ronnie.
"Should we join back up with zem? It seems zey have found..." she briefly pauses before ending with an unconvinced "Somefing?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
1 benny left

The Sten lowers in his hands and his once steady aim slackens as the weapon falls limp in one hand to his side. What's pressed up against the other side of the door is unsightly, ungodly, something that should not be and yet he finds his eyes fixed upon it. His mouth falls open as his brain tries to somehow make sense of what he's seeing. He barely notices Dimitry running past them, screaming his way down the hallway. "What..." he begins before his stomach turns and his mind truly recognizes what's before him. Many people, fused into one... A living nightmare.

His body pulls him back instinctively as a fear, unlike anything he's felt before, tells him to get away from the door. A few steps away and he turns around, tearing his eyes from the sight of the creature and fighting back bringing up his breakfast and catch his breath. "We need to... We need to...". He can't look at it again. That thing shouldn't exist. "We need to go... Find the others..."

<A_Velociraptor> !wild d8
* AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for A_Velociraptor and got ( 3 1 ) Results: 3
#British Pluck negated the -2, yet still a fail.#
<A_Velociraptor> !roll d20+2
* AchtungBot rolled d20+2 for A_Velociraptor and got 14
#welp.#
#Temporary Minor Phobia (Which will be Bulkhead doors with porthole windows. Dicky is now expecting a monster to pop up in front of each one.) and 1d3 Dementia#
<A_Velociraptor> !roll d3
* AchtungBot rolled d3 for A_Velociraptor and got 3
#Great!#

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 08:48

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

"Ugh, filthy." she curses in Russian, then peers around, hearing nothing. Well, nothing until she hears more sounds of battle in a distance. She recovers the shred of cloth. Then hurriedly gets out of the vent. She was not claustrophobic, but being stuck alone in there without a clear exit was just a really bad idea in general.

"They'r a fair distance away right now already. They're pretty fast." She gathered her pack. "Especially carrying a corpse." Ronnie was given a look. "The others sound like they need help, comrade Sergeant, we should go to them." She said, already facing the direction they'd come from.

I'm thinking Loyal might start coming into play, considering the trouble the other group seems to be in?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Yulia

She can't be sure what it is she sees but the experience at the vent had steeled her for something unsettling - done a little to prepare her for... something awful. It is perplexing, and awful, and monstrous, but she resolves to table the taxonomy of the phenomenon for another time. With a shaking hand, she raises her revolver to face the door. Standing in her place, she fights to keep the gun steady - a weapon she barely knows how to use but a source of great comfort at this point. Tearing her gaze away for a moment, she looks behind for her comrades, the other Soviets, then back to the door. Forcing a calm into her voice she doesn't feel, she is eager to heed the call to retreat, "Yes, sergeant. To the workshops. Everyone!"

Aced it, even with my fatigue penalty.
[03:19] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-3) with wild die for ambivalent and got ( 8 -1 ) Results: 8

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry

"Hold up! HOLD UP! Let's not all start runnin' about like chickens with our heads cut off, yeah?" Harry helps Izoldah down, looking at the others. "We need to cover the vents, cover the armory, we don't want these guys armed any more than they already might be. They're tryin' ta scare us, yeah? Panic makes us easier to defeat. Divide an' conquer and al' that."

He grins viciously. "And I know a bit abou' that. Let's see how they like it."

Standing directly under the vent, so his voice carries, he shoulders his rifle and begins his haka.

Yes I'm trying to intimidate the eldritch horrors from beyond. What?
(9:48:44 AM) Gaist: Harry's Intimidate untrained would be a !wild d4-2 roll
(9:49:19 AM) Oracle: So its a 'why bother even rolling unless your wild die explodes its not gonna work' huh
(9:49:21 AM) Oracle: why not
(9:49:25 AM) Oracle: !wild d4-2
(9:49:26 AM) ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d4-2) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 0 -1 ) Results: 0


At least it makes him feel ready for battle. He considers the layout: Fritz likes using the vents. Fritz likely wants to use one of his buddies to distract everyone while he goes for the big guns. Closest vent to the armory is between the map room and command center.

Harry's heading for that vent. This little game of whack-a-mole's gone on long enough.

OK, after my terrifying song and dance routine, I'm going to do something actually useful and pop over to the above-described vent, get head and shoulders up there, and train rifle in direction of commotion so when Mr. Wiggly comes my way I am ready to greet him. With hot lead.

Oracle fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2016 around 06:27

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

"Th-That can't be right. The dead rest, they don't…" her babbling trails off when she returns to the present. Grace frantically turns her head from Dicky to Yulia and squeaks an affirmative "Yes!"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bradley Hewitt

"God in Heaven. What did they do?" He exclaimed. Whatever it was that stood behind the porthole shouldn't exist, but here it was.

Docbubonic_away !wild d8 horror test
AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) with wild die for Docbubonic_away and got ( 13 5 ) Results: 13

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

He shakes his head rapidly. It doesn't add up. Not at all. He looks over at Victoire. "So maybe they have just gone nuts then. Isolated, maybe stuff started to fail-" He cuts himself off when he hears the shouting from the other end. Cursing under his breath, his eyes seem to show some realization.

"Manahi," S/Sgt. Thomas says, "I think they've gone crazy. I don't know if they have a plan. But the armory's over by where the others are, and so are all of our non-coms, and it sure as hell sounds like they are over there too. I like your thinking, but-" he gestures wildly, "-even if they had a plan and it was to divide and conquer, we just let them." He looks to Izoldah in acknowledgement last. "We gotta move. Now."

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry

"One step ahead of you, Thomas," Harry rejoins, moving out after Victoire, if at a somewhat less than blistering pace.

Running: ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) for Oracle and got ( 5 ) Total: 5
Notice: ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d4) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 3 1 ) Results: 3

Oracle fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2016 around 06:27

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016


Sebastian

Sebastian almost jumped out of his skin when the face or well faces smashed against the porthole door. He took several steps back form it and raised his revolver just waiting for the moment

"What in Gods name is that thing.. " He breathed glancing to the side at Barton-Morewood as if asking him what they should be doing. He had never been in a situation like this before but he supposed no one had really been. He was most defiantly afraid but he did a good job of keeping his wits about him and not panicking and running like the Russian had





[06:49] <Animedragonfly> fear check
[06:50] <Animedragonfly> !wild 1d8-2
[06:50] * @AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) with wild die for Animedragonfly and got ( -1 -1 ) Results: -1 BUST!
[06:50] <Animedragonfly> ohhh
[06:50] <Animedragonfly> yea i think i will use a benny on that
[06:51] <Animedragonfly> !wild 1d8-2
[06:51] * @AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) with wild die for Animedragonfly and got ( 5 3 ) Results: 5

animedragonfly fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 21:56

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Power Station
Ambience

Smearing fluids against the porthole window, one of the faces seems to move its mouth in wordless gestures--before something moves in the background, the light inside the power station cutting out abruptly. Beginning to back away and round the corner, weapons at hand and hearts pounding, a belated realization dawns: the bulkhead doors to the power station had been left open after repairs were affected to the generator.

The hatch ahead was not secured.

With a groan of metal hinges, pressure is applied to the bulkhead from the other side, beginning to coax it outwards toward the hall as the bulbs flanking the corridor begin to flicker wildly. While the diesel engine continues humming along behind it, the space is now darkened.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Docks

Double-timing it from the barracks and mess, Ronnie, Harry and Izoldah begin to make their way back toward the rest of the team--while Victoire breaks ahead with a sprint with remarkable speed, rounding the corner down the corridor to pull well ahead of her compatriots. Passing the blast door to the main entrance, Victoire spies the docks and scuttled submarine ahead--before a ventilation grate drops down from the ceiling before her with a great clatter.

From above, a grotesque form drops free into sight of the woman and hits the concrete of the docks with a wet, pulpy slap. Victoire recognizes corpse she had spied in the mess, head still ruptured by Ronnie's rifle round--its flesh fused with two other torsos, six arms groping about on the floor as it rights itself, a gnarled knot of intermingled legs, faces gaping at her in expressions of horror, anger and dismay.

Below the monstrous mass, ruptured guts pulsate and writhe while cords of woven muscle slide about, ichors blood and bile squelching against the porous concrete. It spies Victoira, and she it--mind reeling to process that which exists before her in defiance of all that is right and natural in the world.

Some forty feet behind, Ronnie, Harry and Izoldah begin to close in Victoire's wake--coming to spy in the distance that which should not be.


Izoldah, Victoire, Harry and Ronnie need a Horror (-2) test versus 'Hanz' ahead. Victoire is currently 15 feet away from Hanz. Harry, Izoldah and Ronnie are 55 feet away. In the hall to the power station, everyone in that initiative has a very important immediate decision to make: if you remain within view of the bulkhead door, you are less than ten feet away from the interior if / when it opens.

Anyone within the Power Station access can be back out on the docks with regular Pace in movement. There is a ventilation duct immediately overhead beyond the exterior bulkhead door. Reaching the workshop will take more than one round--as the total distance from the access corridor is approximately 100 feet--and the encounter between Victoire and 'Hanz' is a further 60 feet north from that. You can move your base pace for free each round (30' by default) and can elect to also run (1d6 by default, which can explode.) If you run, you are -2 to all other actions taken during that round; this penalty is cumulative with any other penalties you might accrue.

We are entering initiative for two separate encounters! Initiative in Savage Worlds is handled via dealt Playing Cards, with Aces -> Faces -> Number cards for order, highest to lowest, and then suits in reverse alphabetical order (Spades -> Hearts -> Diamonds -> Clubs.)

How I intend to handle such things is that actions will generally resolve in initiative order, but your posts don’t necessarily need to; it’s also worth noting that you can fairly freely maneuver your actions within the span of known initiatives, so if four of you go before an enemy, you can typically presume that you can wait for one another to ‘resolve’ in the order you’d like.

You can also elect to hold your card ‘up your sleeve’ in order to pull shenanigans, like trying to interrupt an action; if you try to take your initiative to interrupt someone, an opposed Agility test transpires—with the winner resolving ‘first’. In the case of ties, both actions resolve simultaneously, for all of you waiting to have your no-survivors Katana showdowns.

It is unclear where Dimitry is at this time; he double-timed it out of the access to the power station and around the corner, last anyone saw.

At the power station:
Grace (Ace of Hearts)
Bradley (Ace of Clubs)
Irakliy (Jack of Hearts)
Dicky (10 of Diamonds)
Yulia (10 of Clubs)
‘Franz’ (9 of Spades)
Ted (King of Spades -> 7 of Clubs due to Slow)
Sebastian (2 -> 3 of Diamonds due to Level-Headed)

At the northern end of the docks:
Harry (Queen of Clubs)
Victoire (5 of Clubs)
Ronnie (4 of Hearts)
‘Hanz’ (4 of Diamonds)
Izoldah (2 of Spades)

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

Well, there it is.

There is some small part of Ronnie's mind that feels vindicated, in that it is something super weird after all, that it wasn't just a corpse-on-a-rope or what have you. That the one he had shot had opened its eyes. He can still see it there, half its head staring back. He isn't crazy. No, it's the same thing that Ronnie has always figured. He isn't crazy, the rest of the world is.

This, though? This he never could have expected. He doesn't even have a word to describe what exactly he is seeing. He does the only thing he can. He moves to the side, trying to get a better shot around Victoire - the last thing she needed was to get shot in the back and...done whatever bad that thing could do to her.

"Let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me," he whispers. And then, the thunder of guns.

[12:00] <FractionJackson> !wild d6 horror
[12:00] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 3 4 ) Results: 4
[12:20] <FractionJackson> !wild d8+1 shooting
[12:20] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8+1) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 3 6 ) Results: 6
[12:21] <FractionJackson> !sw 2d8+1
[12:21] * AchtungBot rolled a (2d8+1) for FractionJackson and got ( 3 7 ) Total: 11
Using double tap.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 19:24

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004


Harry

He plods along, jaw set, wishing he had a better lay of the land, wishing they were closer. Well, wish in one hand, poo poo in the other, we'll see what fills up fast--

The grate falls from the ceiling about fifty feet ahead, and he smiles at the sign his thoughts of the enemy's movements were correct. Until the actual enemy drops out of the ceiling.

Gaist: Those would be Spirit tests with a -2 penalty, plus any bonuses vs. fear
Gaist: For Harry this is !wild d6-2
(2:06:26 PM) Oracle: !wild d6-2
(2:06:26 PM) FractionJackson: don't fail plz kthx
(2:06:27 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d6-2) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 1 2 ) Results: 2
(2:06:52 PM) Oracle: k seriously
(2:06:54 PM) Oracle: SERIOUSLY
(2:06:59 PM) Gaist: oh dear
(2:07:04 PM) Oracle: I will spend my last bennie on this
(2:07:08 PM) Oracle: because SERIOUSLY!?
(2:07:08 PM) Gaist: !!!
(2:07:12 PM) Gaist: daring move
(2:07:19 PM) FractionJackson: that's a bold strategy, cotton
(2:07:19 PM) Gaist: Let's see how it plays out Cotton
(2:07:21 PM) FractionJackson: let's see how-
(2:07:23 PM) FractionJackson: gkjdshgkjldghl
(2:07:26 PM) Gaist: bahaha
(2:07:31 PM) FractionJackson: *shakes fist*
(2:07:33 PM) Oracle: !wild d6-2
(2:07:34 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d6-2) with wild die for Oracle and got ( -1 -1 ) Results: -1 BUST!
(2:07:37 PM) Oracle: HAHAHAHAHA
(2:07:38 PM) Oracle: I give up
(2:07:41 PM) Gaist: Final Benny, we saluhuhuhuhu holy crap
(2:07:43 PM) Oracle: I am just going to shoot myself in the head
(2:07:48 PM) Gaist: oh geez
(2:07:49 PM) Razeam: don't worry, you can pick the previous roll
(2:07:53 PM) Razeam: so you don't get a bust
(2:07:54 PM) FractionJackson: I can't even
(2:07:56 PM) Gaist: OK you need a !roll 1d20+2
(2:07:59 PM) Oracle: there's no point raze
(2:07:59 PM) FractionJackson: Oracle
(2:08:03 PM) Oracle: there is no point
(2:08:06 PM) Razeam: haha
(2:08:07 PM) FractionJackson: what the gently caress did you do
(2:08:09 PM) Oracle: everyone has now learned why Oracle hates game mechanics
(2:08:15 PM) Oracle: and is a roleplayer and not a rollplayer
(2:08:19 PM) Oracle: because THE DICE
(2:08:20 PM) Oracle: HATE
(2:08:21 PM) Oracle: HER
(2:08:24 PM) FractionJackson: did you sacrifice a small cat or something
(2:08:27 PM) FractionJackson: and are being punished
(2:09:04 PM) Gaist: Yeah bennies never gently caress you, at least--you get the best of the rolls. Your first roll wasn't a natural 1, so you don't get the nastier dementia, just a straight horror roll--which is a roll you do want low, so you should be fine
(2:09:23 PM) Oracle: oh thanks gaist
(2:09:27 PM) Oracle: thanks for totally jinxing me
(2:09:28 PM) FractionJackson: thisisfine.jpg
(2:09:30 PM) Oracle: you HAD to say that
(2:09:31 PM) Gaist: haha
(2:09:32 PM) Oracle: before I rolled
(2:10:07 PM) Oracle: !roll d20
(2:10:07 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled d20 for Oracle and got 11
(2:10:12 PM) Gaist: Becomes 13
(2:10:15 PM) Oracle: why +2
(2:10:23 PM) Redeye: It's because of the Horror rating
(2:11:18 PM) Gaist: You roll for the dementia, it's 1d2
(2:12:27 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled 1d2 for Oracle and got 2
(2:13:36 PM) Gaist: The silver lining is, once Harry overcomes the initial bugout, he can re-enter the fray and he won't get double-jeopardied by Hanz
(2:16:00 PM) Gaist: Last order of business for Harry to speed things up, is rolling his running die (!sw d6) to see how far he ends up bugging out, and then rolling a regular Spirit test with no penalties to try to recover from being Shaken
(2:16:01 PM) Redeye: Pfft
(2:16:07 PM) Oracle: we're all gonna be nazi puddin
(2:16:16 PM) Oracle: !sw d6
(2:16:17 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) for Oracle and got ( 5 ) Total: 5
(2:16:22 PM) Oracle: oh yeah NOW I roll high


"Te aitanga a Punga!" he finds himself shouting, eyes wide and not in a threat display. Before he realizes it he's gone fifty feet back the way he came, heart pounding, and through sheer force of will stops himself, breathing like a steam engine. He had never run from battle before. Never. And he wasn't going to start now. Even if the horrors of the ocean itself were taking human form and coming for them all.

It was bleeding. If it bleeds, it will die. You can kill it. But not from here. Get your hauwarea rear end in there.

(2:16:59 PM) Redeye: Oracle roll a quick wild Spirit check
(2:17:30 PM) Oracle: !wild d6
(2:17:30 PM) Gaist: Your target is 4
(2:17:31 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Oracle and got ( 3 4 ) Results: 4
(2:17:41 PM) Redeye: You ain't shook
(2:17:55 PM) Redeye: You beat the Spirit check to recover from it
(2:18:13 PM) Redeye: So you will still bug out but when you get back into the fray you will have no further penalties


"Pai rite te tangata te mate atu i te ora, ano te au!" He strikes his chest with his rifle, turns, and runs back towards the fray, screaming.

(2:56:00 PM) Oracle: !roll 1d6
(2:56:02 PM) ***AchtungBot rolled 1d6 for Oracle and got 5
(2:56:08 PM) Oracle: ok I run back as fast as I left at least

Oracle fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2016 around 06:27

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

Of course it knows how to take out the loving lights. It couldn't just be huge and wrong, it had to be smart, too. Irakliy pries himself off the crates as the door begins to wheeze open. "BACK! BACK! Out into docks, we need room, we need light!" He looks around--and sees Sebastian, frozen up. "Sukin syn--"

The door wheezes open. Irakliy throws himself in front of the academic and lets off a burst from the chattering Sten. The bullets spray wildly in the tight space.

Nothing hits.

[14:53] * AchtungBot rolled a (3d6) for Redeye and got ( 1 5 4 ) Total: 10
[14:54] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) for Redeye and got ( 4 ) Total: 4
[14:54] <Redeye> Fuckin' piss


WELP. Once this is done I'm moving out into the docks area with the rest of the group, but for now I'm in here, I just missed ALL the shots, and Bigguns is in melee range.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bradley Hewitt

"Bloody hell!" Bradley yells. His feet want him to move, but the thought of letting this monster attack them while they ran angered him. The lights were out and that thing was going to come after them. He decided that he'd give the Nazi monster a good welcome. He waited until the door was open and he knew the monster was coming.

<Doc_bubonic> !wild d6 Agility
* AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Doc_bubonic and got ( 1 1 ) Results: 1 BUST!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic, B:1, D 3/6

Victoire is running full tilt towards the other group, they seem like they need her help and the opportunity to help friends while blasting Nazis is always a good one.

Suddenly a grate drops from the ceiling in front of her and she comes to a skidding halt.

A meaty thud and the... thing stands in front of her. It is the same corpse as before but... somehow, something, some...

What? How? I... The woman's mind can't comprehend what is in front of her and retreats inwards, hiding itself among the recesses of Vic's psyche.

Mechanically she raises her shotgun, a blank stare frozen on her face. It roars and hits the creature but seemingly to no effect. She slowly lowers it and walks back over to Ronnie. She doesn't even run, she walks with an emotionless brisk stride, doesn't say a word.

Upon reaching Ronnie she turns to face the monster but doesn't even raise her weapon.

#MOTHERFUCK
First Horror Roll : 1, 3
Bennied Roll : -1, 9, taking the first roll (Bennies left 1)
Roll on Horror table : 19
Shooting : 7,3
Damage : 3+3+1=7

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 20:47

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - North Docks
Ambience

As the monstrous amalgam rises from its grisly landing, two rifle rounds CRACK through the air from the corridor--Ronnie's fire clipping the grotesquery on the docks and setting the thing to stagger. Seized by the sight, Harry bolts back around the corridor's corner as he battles to come to grips with the situation once more--while Victoire, faced so near with something so gruesome, is driven by a certain emotional disconnect as her mind scrambles to protect itself.

Victoire's shotgun blast echoes out in the dockside cavern, buckshot peppering the fused mass of corpses before her--to little apparent purchase, it seems; without a moment's hesitation she doubles back to join Ronnie's side--but the creature is fast at her heels.

With an inhuman chorus of gurgling wheezes the charnel monstrosity lumbers no less quickly than Victoire herself--and as it closes on both she and Ronnie, a tendril of muscle and meat at least ten feet long lashes out--barbed bone skirting the edge of a door frame over Ronnie's shoulder and splintering the wooden door at his flank as he quickly raises his bayonet reflexively.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - South Docks

With the door beginning to open and panic spreading, Yulia, Dicky and Grace quickly make their way back down the access corridor and out onto the docks. The workshop is within sight; across the span of the docks to the north, the trio can hear the resonance of rifle and shotgun fire in the distance, but can't make out what's going on with the remainder of the team there.

From here, reaching the workshop would be a run, while the corridor to the command centre and armory is also nearby. Already, they begin to hear gunfire from those braced back in the corridor.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Power Station Access

Exchanging glances, Irakliy and Bradley prepare themselves for the way to open--and as the bulkhead swings wide, the Russian rattles off a burst of his Sten submachinegun, muzzle flashes briefly illuminating the horror beyond. From in the gloom, a tendril of meat, muscle and sinew lashes out suddenly, a barbed boney protrusion slicing across Irakliy's torso.

Reeling from the injury as stinging pain lances through his senses, Irakily is sent stumbling back around the corner--before Bradley, Ted and Sebastian are left to face the charnel horror before them.


Initiative in the north is on Izoldah now, who needs a Horror (-2) check before other actions.

'Hanz' was Shaken and failed his free roll to recover, so he used a GM benny to remove Shaken manually. Hanz ran to close the distance with Ronnie and Victoire before missing three times (spending two more GM bennies for re-rolls.) Greedy as 'Hanz' is, that's enough for one round.

Preemptively teeing up Round 2 up north, once Izoldah finishes this round initiative for round 2 is:
'Hanz' (King of Diamonds)
Izoldah (Jack of Spades)
Harry (Jack of Clubs)
Ronnie (9 of Hearts)
Victoire (9 of Diamonds)

Going first in their initiative for stated plans, Dicky, Yulia and Grace are able to get out of the access corridor without incident with movement at their basic Pace--and if they'd like to cover more ground thereafter, they're welcome to Run for the Workshop or down toward the command centre, armour, etc.

With initiatives before 'Franz' and the bulkhead closed, both Irakliy and Bradley elected to hold their cards to try to get the drop on Franz once the door opened, giving them a better chance at dealing with the creature. Irakliy succeeded in beating Franz on the draw--but his automatic fire failed to connect due to the darkness and recoil. Bradley busted on his opposed Agility to interrupt Franz--leaving Franz to act.

Franz decides to attack Irakliy, since he weighs more and fired at him. Franz landed a hit + raise against Irakliy's parry, then totalled 17 damage, which against a toughness of 5 was a hit with three raises--so Shaken and 3 Wounds. Irakliy spent a benny to soak, failed, spent a benny to re-roll and soaked 1 wound, resulting in Shaken and 2 Wounds. Irakliy failed a Vigor test provoked by the wounds and spent the rest of his available bennies to avoid Very Bad Things from happening.

Everyone receives 1 Benny. You all definitely seem to need it!

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 21:18

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Grace

She backpedals away from the abomination cloaking their surroundings in darkness! Grace slouches and holds up her arms; panting as she moves a short distance towards her destination.

Defend & moving towards the workshop; Parry 6,Toughness 5; Now with 3 Bennies!

Razeam fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 21:23

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.


Starshiy Leytenant Irakliy Kuznetsov

PAIN.

The barbed whip smashes into Irakliy's right side, tearing through the soft fat of his outer abdomen and shredding his togs and combat webbing. The tanker spins around, dropping to the floor--the Sten gun goes flying out the bulkhead into the docks area.

tripped, and as he rolls over the thing is upon him and he sees flashing teeth and then

Irakliy draws in a high, screeching breath. Something feels very wrong in the wound. He starts elbow-crawling, the other arm reaching down to his waist and pulling off a canteen there--one of two. He splashes a shake onto his side, takes a drink, and then works his way forward.

Get out. Light. Space. Find the gun. Do not die. DO NOT DIE. THEY CANNOT SEE YOU DIE.


Irakliy is using all available movement to get out into the docks and find some cover.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Yulia

There's relief, and guilt already creeping in - where had the others gone? It's just her and two of the English. There's only three? There should be more. Where are... There was a plan. The plan was the workshops. They named it base camp. That's why you have a base camp. Anything goes wrong - base camp. She casts her head about in a panic, looking for others, hands gesticulating wildly as she tries to get a grasp on her options.

That's when she catches sight of movement and her heart lurches, revolver waved haphazardly in that direction. Recognizing Irakliy for what he is, the doctor attempts to holster her pistol and rushes forward, "<Move, we have to move. Come on! There is a plan. We're going, come!>" There's a few stops and starts as she tries to figure out how she can pull her comrade. All she knows is that she can't just... leave him there.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."


Sgt. Willis

While accompanying the others, he's steadily more irritated at what's going on. This was, to Ted's mind, simple Nazi perversity at work. Nazis, it was well known, were assholes. This entire base was probably just Nazis doing rear end in a top hat things and having things go wrong, as they usually did. Creepy fake dead people, and odd noises- he was still pretty sure that there was some perfectly healthy German down in the bowels of this place masterminding everything. By the time Ted is there with the others and the... thing comes out, Ted's reaction would surprise most of the others.

He cocks his head and stares at it silently for about five seconds, until the door starts to open.

It was horrific, granted. Multiple corpses still moving and fused together. All nightmare stuff, to be sure, but Ted had pretty well burned out entire sections of his ability to feel revolted by the world after D-Day and having to blow up a beach obstacle to let the tanks through while there was still a mortally wounded American behind them. And all the dead, in various states of agony. That'd been a real bad morning. This, some group of Nazis living after death or whatever and flailing? The Nazis probably loving deserved this. Bringing his SMG up, Ted opens up and puts multiple bullets into the thing coming at him, only to see it not be staggered in the least by being hit. After that, he decides it's best to back away quickly. At a run, really.


(Spirit Check)
17:31 Mukaikubo !wild d6-2
17:31 AchtungBot rolled a (1d6-2) with wild die for Mukaikubo and got ( 5 12 ) Results: 12

(Backing away at speed while unloading a full clip into this bugger at RoF 3)
17:33 Mukaikubo !sw d8-2
17:33 AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) for Mukaikubo and got ( 2 ) Total: 0
17:33 Mukaikubo !sw d8-2
17:33 AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) for Mukaikubo and got ( 7 ) Total: 5
17:33 Mukaikubo !sw d8-2
17:33 AchtungBot rolled a (1d8-2) for Mukaikubo and got ( 3 ) Total: 1
17:33 Mukaikubo !sw d6
17:33 AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) for Mukaikubo and got ( 8 ) Total: 8
17:33 Mukaikubo One hit and one hit with raise, yah?
17:33 Gaist Wild die gets the -2 too, but is still a hit otherwise
17:33 Gaist So wild die jumps in for one of the shots, two shots hit
17:33 Mukaikubo !sw 2d6+1
17:33 AchtungBot rolled a (2d6+1) for Mukaikubo and got ( 2 3 ) Total: 6
17:33 Mukaikubo !sw 2d6+1
17:33 AchtungBot rolled a (2d6+1) for Mukaikubo and got ( 1 4 ) Total: 6

No effect on the target. Moving at speed into the hall.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

"Njet... Njet... Njet...." Izoldah just shook her head as she stood, feeling herhands shake. This was not something that could be. Her mind searched, struggled to find explanations, but found nothing. That... mass of flesh and faces. She had to get away from it. Couldn't let it get to her. She raised her rifle, finding her hands shaking.

Don't look what it is. Just imagine it's a target. Like you're shooting at a target in training. This is probably... hallucinations. Yes. The air was a bit foul wasn't it? Fascists just poisoned you a bit. Just think of it as a target, and shoot at it. When you look at it through a scope, all you see is some unpleasant coloured mass, and you're not distracted by that hallucination. It's just a target.

Her hands steadied as she pulled the trigger. Another shot finding purchase on the cre... target.

<Shogeton> !wild d4-2
* @AchtungBot rolled a (1d4-2) with wild die for Shogeton and got (-1 21 ) Results: 21

@AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) for Shogeton and got ( 6 ) Total: 6
<Shogeton> !sw 1d8
* @AchtungBot rolled a (1d8) for Shogeton and got ( 3 ) Total: 3
<Shogeton> !sw 1d6
* @AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) for Shogeton and got ( 5 ) Total: 5

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 21:48

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016


Sebastian

He waited till the thing got the door open and fired a shot into it. The bullet hit it solidly but it didnt seem to stop the creature at all. He was not going to stay here not while everyone else was falling back so he fell back as well following behind Bradly

<Animedragonfly> !wild d6
* @AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Animedragonfly and got ( 4 5 ) Results: 5
<Animedragonfly> !sw 2d6+1
* @AchtungBot rolled a (2d6+1) for Animedragonfly and got ( 2 3 ) Total: 6

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Ronnie

He takes a swipe with the bayonet at the thing as it passes by, but is just a bit too slow to catch it. So instead he wheels around to aim. "Come on..." The rifle cracks twice, the stock pushing back into his shoulder, and he can only hope his aim is true.

[14:49] <FractionJackson> !wild d6 STAB
[14:49] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 1 3 ) Results: 3
[15:28] <FractionJackson> !wild d8+1 shooting
[15:28] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d8+1) with wild die for FractionJackson and got ( 21 3 ) Results: 21
[15:29] <FractionJackson> !sw 2d8+1
[15:29] * AchtungBot rolled a (2d8+1) for FractionJackson and got ( 6 7 ) Total: 14
[15:29] <FractionJackson> !sw d6
[15:29] * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) for FractionJackson and got ( 7 ) Total: 7
Double tap again.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bradley Hewitt

Bradley fired his sten as soon as he saw the door open up. He saw the bullets hit, but the monster didn't stop. Instead of staying, he started backing up and made sure if it got hear he could fire his sten again.

Gaist !wild d6 Bradley Shoots
AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Gaist and got ( 1 11 ) Results: 11

Gaist !sw d6-2 Bradley Shoots
AchtungBot rolled a (1d6-2) for Gaist and got ( 1 ) Total: -1
Gaist Only one round hits, but it hits with a raise
Gaist !sw 3d6-1
AchtungBot rolled a (3d6-1) for Gaist and got ( 4 1 3 ) Total: 7

Bradley is going to start to retreat, but will fire again if it seems like an attack is imminent.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Izoldah Rostov

The shot hit, and she looked at her rifle as she made sure to get the next shot ready properlY. It was just a hallucination. Maybe she was even just shooting at thin air. Just try your best, and it'll all be fine, it'll all be fine, it'll all be fine. "Just a hallucination." She murmured, only to look up to see one of those tendrils smack her, sending her to the floor.

She got up, holding the rifle in front of her defensively as she scrabbled backwards, trying not to look as that tendril struck at the place where she just was. "Just a hallucination, just a hallucination, just a hallucination." She said, as she got out of the line of fire.

I get hit, but only get shaken, on my turn, I fail to get unshaken, spend a bennie to unshake, and then parry to move awya iwht a +2 to Parry. Hit free attack misses. All this before the shots in round two.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?


Victoire Doucet, Maquisarde Medic, B:1, D 3/6, S 5/7

Victoire looks on dispassionately as the creature moves away from her and Ronnie. She follows it with her gaze.

A rifle cracks just beside her. Once, twice. She doesn't flinch. Her shotgun raises as if of its own volition. She pumps it to put a new cartridge in the chamber and squeezes the trigger.

A very solid hit, the creature is visibly impacted by the pellets. Blood squirts.

Victoire lowers the gun and stares. Hm.

(00:35:36) FathisMunk: !wild d6+2
(00:35:37) ***AchtungBot rolled a (1d6+2) with wild die for FathisMunk and got ( 10 11 ) Results: 11
(00:35:59) FathisMunk: !sw 4d6
(00:36:00) ***AchtungBot rolled a (4d6) for FathisMunk and got ( 1 5 5 3 ) Total: 14

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 23:08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"


Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - North Docks
Ambience

Izoldah, disturbed by the sight as her psyche maneuvers desperately against her skepticism's challenge--steadies her rifle and takes aim before pulling the tricker. The Mosin's round strikes true, a small eruption of gore splattering off of the horrific conglomerate of corpses; it was an excellent shot! Lethal, no doubt--yet the thing lurches, scrambling past Ronnie as the man thrusts his bayonet at its backs in vain--closing on Izoldah.

In that perilous moment arms reach for the Soviet scout, scrabbling as slippery fingers and palms attempt to seize her--before she manages to twist away before it can render harm. Drawing her rifle up across herself in defense, Izoldah moves to back away--the creature swiping after her but finding no purchase. From behind, Ronnie pivots and opens fire with another pair of rounds.

Gore sprays from the mass of the monstrosity, splattering about Izoldah's boots and pant legs and slurrying the floor--but before all present, the thing shudders and draws up on itself, gathering together to re-knit torn flesh and ruptured organs as it rouses itself back together with a quaking vigor. Victoire levels her shotgun in turn, buckshot raking the conglomerate and tearing free further chunks of meat and cracked bone fragments.

Up the corridor, Harry awaits, rifle gripped tight and bayonet readied: the charnel monstrosity looms before him, seeking to end Izoldah's life.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - Power Station Access

Seeing Irakily crawling and wounded, Yulia doubles back into the access corridor to render assistance to the man. Sebastian and Bradley both fire their weapons at the creature in turn, but the Webley and Sten scarcely seem to slow the monstrocity; with the others making haste down the access corridor, the pair move quickly to follow suit--hearing the horrible thing fast on their heels as it lashes after them.

Saxemberg Island - Hoffmann Station - South Docks

Out on the docks, further gunfire can be heard across the water from the northern corridor--though the source remains out of sight. Clearly, the other team had trouble of their own to contend with--while those on the south side of the docks can hear the creature pursuing them quickly toward the bulkhead door. Irakliy, back on his feet, fires at the creature, his round going wide--before he hastens around the corner, making a run for the Armoury.

As the monstrous creature lurches forward, Sgt. Barton-Morewood shoves at the bulkhead door to leverage it shut, beginning to work the wheel to try to secure it. One turn, two--the door shudders and nearly sends the Brit stumbling away from it as the creature slams its bulk against the other side, faces pressing to the window. With due haste, others join in to secure the wheel as the thing pounds against the steel bulkhead--before abruptly, swiftly, it withdraws back out of sight, moving into the darkness once more.


Izoldah scores an excellent hit, Hanz takes two wounds and becomes Shaken. Hanz fails his Shaken check, spends another GM benny to remove it manually and moves past Victoire and Ronnie to chase Izoldah. Ronnie gets a free attack with his bayonet but misses. Izoldah is hit, but for only enough damage to Shaken her.

Izoldah failed her check to remove Shaken. Spent a benny to drop Shaken, went defensive and backed off, Hanz swung and missed her. Ronnie landed a nasty hit with another double tap with a raise, hitting with three raises. Hanz panicked and spent a Benny to soak, then three additional bennies re-rolling until soaking three wounds on his last attempt to stay in the ring. 3 GM bennies remain.

Victoire fired, hit with a raise and delivered enough damage for Shaken + Wound 3 on Hanz.

Down south, Sebastian, Ted and Bradley all hit Franz, but none of them dealt enough damage to Shaken or wound the creature. Everyone hastens to withdraw from the access corridor.

Given that Dicky was the last initiative before Franz was going to spill out onto the docks and attack everyone, I took it under assumption on Raptor's behalf that he would try to close the door.

Team North round 3 initiative order:
'Hanz' KH -> Izoldah 8H -> Victoire 8D -> Ronnie 7H -> Harry 6D

Team South initiative order:
Irakliy whenever he wants with a +2 to all rolls and damage, -> Dicky QH -> Bradley 10S -> 'Franz' 6C -> Grace 5S -> Yulia 5D -> Sebastian 3C -> Ted 2H

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«23 »