Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«27 »
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

"Yeah, no C and C means they ain't gonna be firing anything." He readies to follow the others to the likeliest location for a command location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Harry Manahi

He follows, bringing up the rear, keeping an eye on their six. No need to be snuck up on in all the chaos after all. Taking in the chaos he allows himself one grim smile, the nods. "C&C, right?" he agrees, glancing at Ronnie. "We get'm settled up there nice an' tight then you and I go make some noise, yeah?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

"Sounds like the best place," he says in agreement to the other's plan. "Either take control or blow the bugger up! Let's get moving and keep the chaos going." He follows suit and heads for the command centre.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Victoire's direction brings the team to identify the stairway leading up into the suspended structure overlooking the cavern--and with the chaos unfolding across the span of the docks and warehouses, a trio of uniformed soldiers are spied making off of the stairs. By best estimations, the chamber above performs functions on at least some measure of operational oversight. Proceeding ahead with haste, the commandos and team en tow hustle to ascend the stairwell in the wake of the soldiers--with Ronnie in the lead and Harry bringing up the rear, ready and wary.

First to crest the landing, Ronnie emerges at the end of what appears to be a sizable, theater-style chamber oriented around the immense window overlooking Ristcher Station's interior cavern complex. Several dozen men and women in warm office attire are spied entering and emerging from numerous adjoining offices and briefing rooms, while several more individuals pore over paperwork and files around a central staging area. Off to one side, Ronnie spies another group who appears to be systematically feeding documents into an incinerator as a pair of uniformed soldiers observe.

A young German man wearing suspenders and a bowtie stands nearest to the door, goggling wide-eyed at Ronnie as he grips a coffee pot.

Gauging by the general direction of the group, presumed the team advanced up the stairs after speculation of identifying some nature of command structure. Ronnie's at the front, Harry's at the rear, most of the team is on standby in the stairwell. You appear to have arrived at some sort of operations or logistics center.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

Séverine Gascoigne

The second lieutenant holds her submachine gun close as she stands at the ready. Séverine squints at the point of ingress taken by their commando duo before scanning her surroundings.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

He gripped his rifle while waiting for a signal from Ronnie. It was only a matter of time before the shooting started.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Harry Manahi

Harry keeps an eye on the three soldiers as they move, nodding when it appears they haven't been spotted. He motions to the Germans burning paper to draw others' eyes, muttering, "Evidence that yeah?" War crimes or other actionable intelligence might be useful. He mutters just loud enough to be heard over the din, "Should just plant explosives and take this whole office down."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.

Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Smirnov is a little boggled at the size of the command center. It was what he imagined SMERSH must look like, but buried under the ice at the bottom of the world.

His eyes settle on the poor German pencil-pusher, with a god-damned bowtie no less! He raises his submachine gun, nodding slowly, before gesturing with it for the man to come over to them. The alternative is fairly self-evident.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Richard 'Dicky' Barton-Morewood
3 bennies

Dicky follows up and stands still at the entrance, gun out and pointed directly at the bowtie-wearing man. He presses a finger to his lips, indicating that it would be in the man's immanent best interest to remain quiet. He waits for Ronnie to make a move, the man clearly being the expert on how to handle this situation.

"Right. Best get whatever they haven't burned yet." he says loud enough for Harry to hear as he looks to the men burning papers.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Antarctica - Ritscher Station

Maksim’s threatening command coupled with Dicky and the rest of the commando force more than halts the center’s office worker—but he seems to cow to the life-or-death intimidation, closing the distance to the team with coffee pot still in hand. Nearby, a radio message crackles in German—and the speakers of such can readily recognize it for what it is: indication that an approaching threat of significance was known and the personnel of Ritscher Station were preparing to meet it.

Apologies gang—I know long delays are par for the course, I had mentally filed that I was waiting for a FractionJackson reply and it fell by the far wayside.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Harry Manahi

"Copy that," mutters Harry, noting the coffee-pot toting man seems to be complying and leaving him for Ronnie if he doesn't, making his way casually over to the men burning papers so as not to alarm them overmuch. They are so intent on their work, after all. Still, his bayonet finds its way into his hand as he moves, holding it down by his leg to avoid any alarm before grabbing the nearest man from behind and adding a second mouth to his neck.

Gonna take care of these fire guys real quick. Let me know what to roll re: element of surprise and all that.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Joe Carter
Bennies 2 Dementia 0

As he gauged the scene, Joe figured out the biggest targets in the room. Seeing the armed soldiers standing next to the paper shredders, he knew they posed the biggest threat here. He made his way towards them with his rifle at the ready.

Give me a heads up on my options here and what I need to roll.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~

Séverine Gascoigne

She moves with her squad while directing their formation with simple hand signals. The officer continues to scan the vicinity as she formulates a plan of engagement.

Knowledge (Battle) for the Tactician advantage if necessary: * MadBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 2 2 ) Results: 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010
I liked it--it was witty enough and a lot more impressive than I was expecting for a girl's toy cartoon. So I thought, "Hmm. I'm on Something Awful. I don't see a thread for this anywhere, but other people might like it--it's not like it would be the first cartoon for kids that SA's taken a shine to." So I made a real earnest thread and put it up in TV/IV. And I was both right and wrong, because the forum blew up and fell over, and the thread got raided to shit by FYAD, and in like I think two weeks the show was banned outright because people kept causing fucking drama.

Mladyshi Serzhant Maksim Smirnov

Maksim can't stop grinning at the ludicrousness of it all. He sort of hopes it's disarming, as he puts his badly rusty German to use. "Hello, Fritz. We will have questions, in a moment. Please to move out of the way, and cover." He eyes the pot, and takes an appreciative sniff. "And, uh, hold onto that. Smells good." It has already been far too long since he's had good coffee.

Maksim is going to follow the group's lead into combat, while keeping fairly close to Fritz here to make sure he doesn't do a runner.

«27 »