Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"But it's a good story," she harrumphs at Izoldah. Her face softens a bit and she adds, "What the Jerries believe can be used against them. We can't throw any intel away, I mean. Not after Saxemberg." She gives Yulia an enthusiastic nod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

A wide-eyed Grace looks up from her reading material to ramble, "It's hard to think about it. I thought anything like this wouldn't be so alien. Something so cold. That we were placed here without love. I can't see us in these—these things." She clenches the folder containing Pabodie's expedition. "But it'll help our mission if we understand them." Her frantic gaze settles into relative calmness as she uses her quivering thumbs as bookmarks. "I won't shy away from the truth. I won't!"

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace stifles a yawn despite energetically staring this way and that at their surroundings. "How was this built?" she blurts out a question.

Knowledge (Mythos) at d4 and Sanity down to 6 from reading everything about the Pabodie Expedition.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"What the Black Sun and Nachtwölfe are doing," Agent Flynn lets the names linger in the air before intoning, "Is trying to win this war." She clasps her hands together and stares at the assembled officers. "Why would such rivals join forces in Antarctica when they should be fighting each other for scraps?" she poses the rhetorical question. After a moment of her silence is spent eyeing their dissenters, she emphatically says, "If there was more chaos—more Jerry infighting—we could believe this wasn't important." A pause. "But… they are together, wholly dedicated to our defeat… do we dare take them lightly?"

Persuasion check: * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6+4) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 7 9 ) Results: 9

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She tenses up and her eyes go wide during Byrd's recitation and subsequent revelation. Grace squeezes her eyes shut and takes a few deep breaths. "It's time you gentlemen learned about the Ritscher expedition," she begins to speak in a slower, more deliberate cadence. The agent glances at Bradley's briefcase with arms akimbo, "It was what told us about their base around that tower and… much more troubling things. It supports the film we just saw—supports it so well it frightens me!"

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace slows then ceases her locomotion as she processes Ted's reminder. "Oh! Um, you're right, mister Willis." The young woman sheepishly looks around and mumbles, "Does anyone think we could go with the officers?"

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She bites her bottom lip at Yulia. "I'll go with you! Mr. Hewitt and Sir Taylor can watch the briefcase," she exclaims while emphatically balling up her fists.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"Yes, you're right. We'd better ask around," Grace answers Yulia at a similar volume. She looks over her shoulder at Pyke and then continues whispering to the Evenk academic, "But let's get Commander Bell's permission, first, Dr. Khulanova."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She smiles at Commander Bell while her compatriots present their case. "I wouldn't feel safe if we didn't follow up on it, sir," Ms. Flynn squeaks as she tilts her head.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"I'll be helping you out by making them understand each other," she tells Yulia once they leave the room. Grace then leans into whisper to her fellow linguist, "At least that's my story." She giggles and grins at her partner.

Gráinne Flynn generally works to facilitate communication between the heterogeneous Allied forces. She ulteriorly uses it as cover for her investigation with Dr. Khulanova. The agent finds it easier than ever to ingratiate herself due to recent triumphs!

Knowledge (Languages) check: * AchtungBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 1 8 ) Results: 8.

Advance on buying the Charismatic Edge.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She dabs the corners of her mouth with a napkin. "Mm… should I talk to Mr. Wilkins?" she joins the dialogue, pausing a moment and then posing an alternative, "Or I could snoop around his room. When he's kept busy, I mean."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"I'd just need to have a good excuse handy, sir. We won't get another chance like this if he's working with our mystery man," she responds to Dicky with her arms crossed. The young woman suddenly smiles and titters before she jokes, "You could always let them arrest me if I get caught!"

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She nods in acquiescence and accompanies Victoire to lay the groundwork for their plan.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace quietly ducks out of the room after their person of interest reacts to Dicky's opening questions. She heads to the Midshipman's room at a brisk pace.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She smiles at Harry once he joins her snooping mission. "Thank you," Grace murmurs to the commando.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"Oh! Of course, sir!" Grace chirps before moving close enough to brush Embry. She makes eye contact with him and purrs, "Do you mind if I tidy Midshipman Wilkins's room? It's for that special project."

Persuasion check: * LawBot rolled a (1d6+6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 8 9 ) Results: 9

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Her eyes pass over the bunk Embry indicated a few times as she scans the rest of the interior. Ms. Flynn soon sashays into the room, humming to herself with arms akimbo. "You guys mind if I tidy up a bit?" she grins at the crewmen.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She leans forward and giggles, "I am your maid for today!" Grace bounces upright using the balls of her feet. "At your service, sirs," she utters with a lilt.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"What was that?" Grace squeaks and pivots on her heel towards the disturbance. She looks over her shoulder and whines at the crewmen, "You guys want to check that out with me?"

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

The wide-eyed woman stifles a gasp as her gaze flits between the gunman and his victim. "He's getting away! You all know this place, don't you! Do you know how to head him off? Or just help that poor man," she jabbers to the trio, balling her fists while she bobs up and down!

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She starts jogging to rendezvous with Harry and Ronnie. Grace smiles and waves at her helpers!

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"Ah!" Grace exclaims in surprise when she learns about the traitorous Warrant Shipwright. She avoids eye contact while explaining herself, "I named Mr. Wilkins when he offered his help." The young woman bites her bottom lip at her commanding officers. "He must have warned his friend after… very sorry, sirs." She looks straight at them and crosses her arms. "But I'll make up for my mistake somehow! I want to be there when we talk to Mr. Embry."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She fidgets a bit as her superior officers question the spy. The MI6 agent focuses on analysing the man hitherto known as Embry's body language.

Knowledge (Psychology) d6: * LawBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 5 7 ) Results: 7

Razeam fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 21, 2016

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"This Jerry is still so sure of himself… he must have something up his sleeve," she begins whispering to Bradley and Dicky with a hand obscuring her lips from Gerhard's line of sight. Grace glances at the spy and continues to mutter, "Why would he even think they're losing so badly if he knew what we did about their base? Maybe he's trying to figure out what we know, too."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace chews on her bottom lip. "I'll give you a hand," she murmurs while joining Harry in visiting their saboteur.

Will help Harry investigate!

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"It's the same—ah!" she ceases commenting on Ralf's spittle by turning about-face on her heel. She draws her sidearm and stammers at the commando, "Y—Your orders, sir?"

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She gives him a nod before moving to confront Gerhard. The MI6 agent just clenches her teeth and aims at the monstrosity!

Actions: Move and ready weapon; Horror check: * LawBot rolled a (1d10-1) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 14 0 ) Results: 14

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace's shot misses the beast after she witnesses its display of monstrous strength! Her shoulders droop as she backpedals into a wall. The redhead frantically nods at Harry once he whispers a command.

Actions: Shooting Gerhard (* LawBot rolled a (1d4) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 3 2 ) Results: 3) then moving back; Nausea check: * LawBot rolled a (1d10-1) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 5 9 ) Results: 9

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Her eyes widen at the menacing hulk until Harry saves the day! She seizes the opportunity to join her fellows outside the cell. After giving them a quizzical look, she assists the trio in readying their fire hose.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She plants her feet on the ground and firmly holds onto the hose!

Assist Strength check: * LawBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 5 9 ) Results: 9

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace gasps at the explosive transmogrification! She discards the hose and nods at Dicky after hearing his instructions. Her gaze stays on the horror as she warily moves away from it.

Actions: Defend and move; Horror check: * LawBot rolled a (1d10-1) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 14 1 ) Results: 14

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She yelps while the fleshy amalgam rages! Grace belatedly covers her own mouth with both quivering hands as she attempts to slink away from danger.

Actions: Defend and move!

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace coughs and sputters on the floor before she shakily stands up. When Bradley comes to her rescue, she reacts to him with a wan smile.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

The grinning woman vivaciously hugs her many rescuers! After she thanks them all, her attention drifts to the spot where Gerhard met his end. "Yes, sir," she absentmindedly replies to Dicky.

Getting Persuasion d8 and Streetwise d6!

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

Grace smiles at the pilot before closing someone's psychiatric dossier and filing it inside a desk drawer. "You're welcome to an appointment, Dicky!" She tilts her head and asks, "Mm… when would be best? If you want to schedule it for today or tomorrow, I wouldn't mind." A pause. "I haven't booked anyone yet."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"I am free… we'd take about four hours." She glances at an empty chair and steeples her fingers. "Take a seat and talk about it whenever you're ready, sir."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

The young woman slowly shakes her head at him and says, "You're a sane man realising it's an insane world, Dicky. I'd be more worried if these… things didn't faze you." She suddenly claps her hands. "But we can get through this together! I think you'll feel better now, sir!" she chirps at her patient.

Knowledge (Psychology) roll reduces Dicky's dementia by 1: * LawBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 4 5 ) Results: 5

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

"I'm looking forward to it. And thank you!" she exclaims and waves goodbye to Dicky. After Grace is left to her own devices, she resumes reading psychiatric dossiers to determine a "mental triage" for the crew.

Knowledge (Psychology) to help with Readiness: * LawBot rolled a (1d6) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 8 1 ) Results: 8

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

She furrows her brow at the transcript. "Yes, sir, we'll do our best," Grace answers with a nod at the commander. She glances between Bradley and Yulia, "I can help with breaking the Jerry code."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Grace

The agent crosses her arms and squints at the code. She bites her bottom lip and looks askance at the other cryptographers.

* LawBot rolled a (1d4-2) with wild die for Razeam and got ( 1 1 ) Results: 1