Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Post in this thread if you're getting or have the flu. Heck, if you had the flu already then come on in.

For the last 72hrs my body has been insanely achey. Going through heatwaves and chills. I have had very little to eat.

I tried steam and poo poo but I'm still coughing like I'm going to die!

Tell us your flu experiences!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I have chest congestion atm and it and worth a drat I tell you

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Bill Maher says flu shots are a scam

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Got my vax this Monday. I can't get the flu anymore.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I couldn't get the flu vaccine at work because I am in the midst of some loving viral thing that is not the flu but which sucks hella bad.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Boywhiz88 posted:

For the last 72hrs my body has been insanely achey. Going through heatwaves and chills. I have had very little to eat.

aka gbs 3.0

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I got my flu shot last week.
I always do. And never get the flu.
I was got all my immunizations as a child
And, get this, I don't have any terrible, crippling diseases.
Weird right??

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
they forced me to get the flu shot at work

will the ACLU help me sue them for infringing on my rights

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The last two times I got flu shots I got really sick afterward. I know everyone says they don't make you sick but my experience leads me to view these proclamations with intense skepticism. :colbert:

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
It's almost like, modern medicine is a cool and good thing?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Kuato posted:

The last two times I got flu shots I got really sick afterward. I know everyone says they don't make you sick but my experience leads me to view these proclamations with intense skepticism. :colbert:

It can't actually infect you with the flu but it can give you minor flu-like symptoms. This is a well documented thing, not some anti-vax bullshit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_vaccine#Safety

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They're controlling our minds with flu shots

https://web.archive.org/web/20110901220229/http://www.mrxswebpage.com/flushots.htm

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Never needed the flu shot before. Probably won't this year either now :(

I got a lot of crap out of my lungs and am feeling a little better.

It sounds like it's really taking off this year. Lots of sick people around.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What type of weak bitch gets the flu in September.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If we all live long enough I'm sure there'll be a super flu epidemic like the early 20th century one that killed millions. I'm not sure what impact a flu shot would have on that super virus outcome, hopefully some of our resident scientist Goons can weigh in on such an important question. If it'd save me from a super flu I might get a flu shot. :shrug:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Only one way to survive a bad flu season.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The flu? No Thank You!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
The flu is a yet another Jew conspiracy.

Source: Jew and Flu kind of rhyme

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kuato posted:

If we all live long enough I'm sure there'll be a super flu epidemic like the early 20th century one that killed millions. I'm not sure what impact a flu shot would have on that super virus outcome, hopefully some of our resident scientist Goons can weigh in on such an important question. If it'd save me from a super flu I might get a flu shot. :shrug:

The flu shot is just making the flu virus stronger, so once a super flu is formed it will wipe all of us out. Except for the people that don't get Flu shots and have immune systems naturally able to defeat the flu virus of course.

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The flu shot is just making the flu virus stronger, so once a super flu is formed it will wipe all of us out. Except for the people that don't get Flu shots and have immune systems naturally able to defeat the flu virus of course.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i can't get the flu because I am a shark

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i can't get the flu because I am a shark

yah I guess "k" and "t" are kind of close together on a keyboard. Forgivable typo, i suppoes

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the only time ive had "the flu" was after getting a "the flue" shot

the last year i was supposed to get one i demanded a direct ordre and they blinked first :toughguy:

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
nothing like laying on the cool tile floor in your bathroom wishing for death when uve got the flu

ive had it once and never again. wash your loving hands and dont touch your face on public transit

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i dont get sick but i lie about it constantly

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I had a head cold and then i did some cocaine and now my nostril is clear but bloody

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
Flu shots cost like $10
What's the worst that can happen? Autism? Lol you're already a goon

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Can confirm that the flu is learning and evolving, had to recently take a week off from work and still felt like poo poo for days after that.

The last time I was anywhere near as sick was 15 years ago and that was thanks to the optimal virus growing conditions of army barracks.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i got the flu real bad last year. my left arm went numb and chest hurt real bad and they took me to the hospital and put a dang stent in my heart

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

as a young fit person I can easily survive the flu, while also serving the important evolutionary role of being a disease vector to kill off the old and the weak

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Honestly the more I get self-righteously ranted at about how I'm a monster for not getting the flu shot, the less I want to do it. Everyone always turns the rage up to 11 and accuses you of killing their grandmother and a bunch of babies the second you express even hesitance at getting it.

nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002
I got the flu at the beginning of December 2013. I got out of physical rehab in mid January. I missed Christmas and I don't smoke anymore.

Get your flu shots. Especially if you smoke.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Never got a flu shot, had the flu once and it sucked but whatever it lasted for a few days.

If you die from the flu, I consider it natural selection.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
I skipped the flu shot one year, thinking I'm a healthy 20-something that couldn't be felled by a loving virus.

How wrong I was.

I got out of work on new year's, though. That was the only upside to feeling like I was dying for a few days, even with tamiflu.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Kuato posted:

Do you know how vaccines actually work?

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I don't have an official flu but I have bronchitis and got prescribed some sizzurp. Doctors name was Bechill, lol.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I got the flu once about 15 years ago. I get the fuckin shot religiously now. gently caress that poo poo is awful. Also gently caress flumist, get the shot you pussy.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Goobish posted:

I don't have an official flu but I have bronchitis and got prescribed some sizzurp. Doctors name was Bechill, lol.

Saw the doctor today but it seems like I'm in a similar boat. Not sore today. Got some medication.

What should I watch while I rest? I have Hulu, Netflix, and HBOGo

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got sick now. I don't think it's the flu tho. Check my sleep apnea thread for deets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Why is everyone up in arms about getting/not getting the flu shot anyway? I just can't be bothered to go do it.

• Locked thread