Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is car girly?
yes, you are a pantyman if you buy one
no, you are still a tiny-dicked trog dont worry
dont care
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
My dad drives an Edge. It's alright, I guess-he mainly likes it because it's similar to his last car, which was a Ford Freestyle that currently has somewhere around 325,000 miles on it.

Edit: He's in sales, so he needs to drive a lot, get decent gas mileage, and fit all his equipment into the back, so it's a good fit for his needs.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Mozi posted:

i'm looking forward to the 2019 crosstrek with 1.6l turbo (hopefully)

really needs it

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I didn't read anything after the first page, this is the perfect SUV right here.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

strangehamster posted:

I didn't read anything after the first page, this is the perfect SUV right here.

That's a car baby

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Blue Raider posted:

i cant believe ppl still buy american made vehicles manufactured after like 92

I can't believe people are still making car buying decisions with data from 1997

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

penus penus penus posted:

my mom drives a ford edge sport

she is a woman

never seen a man drive one

it even has ridiculous factory 22 inch wheels yet its still for women

I KNEW IT

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Get a Mazda 5; a tiny weird van with fun handling (for a van)

If you don't need all the space of a crossover I would get a hatchback instead, such as the current gen focus or a Mazda 3

wooo hatchbacks

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Monkey Fracas posted:

If you don't need all the space of a crossover I would get a hatchback instead, such as the current gen focus or a Mazda 3

wooo hatchbacks

Yeah, Mazda's are legit fun cars in any shape and size

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Monkey Fracas posted:

wooo hatchbacks

I was thinking of getting one as my Mazda 3 had zero issues, but it has the same engine as a Mazda 3 with a little more weight, which supposedly leads to some issues. On the other hand they're pretty cheap also. :shrug:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kuato posted:

I was thinking of getting one as my Mazda 3 had zero issues, but it has the same engine as a Mazda 3 with a little more weight, which supposedly leads to some issues. On the other hand they're pretty cheap also. :shrug:

Clearly the solution to that problem is to make a MAZDASPEED5

but yeah it's rare to hear someone say they don't like Mazda's stuff and what I would assume are their bread-and-butter consumer vehicles (the 3, 6, CX-3, and CX-5) are pretty well-regarded so it's kind of a shame they don't sell more here in the US

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
Last winter I was queued up for the weigh station on I-95 south of the Delaware state line in Maryland when a Ford Edge struck the front end of the tractor behind me and then slammed between the Mansfield bar and the trailer tires on the left, hitting both locations hard. I saw some of it unfold, and couldn't do anything to avoid it.

Dude driving the car was Indian and probably distracted. He had to cut over the equivalent of 15 lanes of traffic to hit us.

But I was impressed with the amount of damage it took and still kept that poor gibbering idiot alive. My truck wasn't damaged too bad at all. Those Edge's are kind of tough, if you ask me.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Harakiri Potter posted:

Last winter I was queued up for the weigh station on I-95 south of the Delaware state line in Maryland when a Ford Edge struck the front end of the tractor behind me and then slammed between the Mansfield bar and the trailer tires on the left, hitting both locations hard. I saw some of it unfold, and couldn't do anything to avoid it.

Dude driving the car was Indian and probably distracted. He had to cut over the equivalent of 15 lanes of traffic to hit us.

But I was impressed with the amount of damage it took and still kept that poor gibbering idiot alive. My truck wasn't damaged too bad at all. Those Edge's are kind of tough, if you ask me.

Sounds like an edge case.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Harakiri Potter posted:

so the indian lady driving the Ford Edge survived a calamatous inculcation despite being a female woman. interesting...

naem
May 29, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

Bring back the Ford Ranger

thathonkey posted:

i thought they were

Mariana Horchata posted:

i got a Ford Fiesta ST and it owns

I want a ford ranger........................ ST

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
holy cow OP, that's a lady car

probably has a little holster for your purse and high heels

do you need all that space to fit shopping bags?

fyi just because it's a lady car doesn't mean you can get away with paying less for it

Monkey Fracas posted:

wooo hatchbacks

agreeing with this
get up in that mazda or ford hatchback
(the mazda)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If you want to look like you drive a boring car but have loony power under the hood buy a Chevy SS or a Ford Taurus SHO

I still haven't quite figured out who the market for these cars actually is

I like to... trick people at stoplights? And I want to buy a full size sedan

I'm glad they're around at the same time though

• Locked thread